Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Allred's MO is to wait for the accused to deny publicly, then sue for defamation. Statute of limitations for the alleged crime doesn't matter at that point. It's what she did for Cosby and then Trump.

Late Fees fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Would love to know how a governor blocks a federal electee from taking his seat.

Fail to certify the results of the election.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

evilweasel posted:

the supreme court made it basically impossible to convict

Hope that out of office Governor in a state with two popular incumbent Democratic Senators was worth it, SCOTUS.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mango sentinel posted:

If this is post 1985 and she's filling criminal charges a) we are in a whole new ball game but b) why would she need a high profile civil litigation attorney?

Because she's about to face a high-density tsunami of poo poo and needs someone who knows how to navigate such a thing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Da Mott Man posted:

Fail to certify the results of the election.

Seems like that could lead to an expensive lawsuit that the state would surely lose.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why doesn't the Republican leadership call up Sean Hannity and ask him kindly to please turn his back on Moore? He'd do it for them.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

apparently the jury was told to continue deliberations by the judge so its not over yet for menendez

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Lightning Knight posted:

Who the hell are they finding to put on juries that aren't handing out instant guilty verdicts in a corruption trial for a politician? :psyduck:

I don't even know what exactly he's accused of doing but like 90% of the population believes all politicians are inherently corrupt evil pricks with fair justification.

Maybe the jury is waiting until Christie is out before they convict

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
presser starting. go upthred for taints link.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
presser starting
https://www.clickondetroit.com/live/live-stream-gloria-allred-holds-press-conference-with-roy-moore-accuser

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How soon is Christie out?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

january

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

they have to put in a special lift before he can leave the building.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Hillary Clinton is going to run again in 2020 so it doesn't matter.

Lol only if she dresses in the duck suit the entire campaign.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
It's starting.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

bullshit, they are gonna have to knock a whole in the wall get the ambulance and crane through.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hope Menendez resigns in 2018 or gets primaried out. We can really do better.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This fruit was so low hanging you had to use a shovel to unearth it, and it turns out it was completely rotten.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Beverly Young Nelson is the name of the woman. Alleged abuses happened when she was 15 and 16.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

[sickos.jpg]

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

empty whippet box posted:

Nice try, but I think this is kind of Ab joke.

technically min7b5

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

mdemone posted:

Because she's about to face a high-density tsunami of poo poo and needs someone who knows how to navigate such a thing.

I find an incoming defamation suit infinitely more plausible.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

evilweasel posted:

apparently the jury was told to continue deliberations by the judge so its not over yet for menendez

Still would love to see him resign in January and be replaced by someone marginally less corrupt from the Superfund site billing itself as the Garden State.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

TheDisreputableDog posted:

On the one hand, I want everyone who coddled Trump but knows better to be primaried so hard.

On the other hand, they won't be replaced by smarter people.

Still - I'm not sure voters in other states are going to care all that much.

the fact they will be replaced by more volatile, aggressive, uncooperative blowhards is good

they wont be able to work together. the laws they try to pass will be even more unpopular than the relatively more sane senate we have now.

the public backlash will make viginia seem tame.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mango sentinel posted:

I find an incoming defamation suit infinitely more plausible.

Yeah, that too.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I'm not saying I agree with this right wing talking point, but I'm going to say it, repeat it and defend it online over and over again!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Lightning Knight posted:

Who the hell are they finding to put on juries that aren't handing out instant guilty verdicts in a corruption trial for a politician? :psyduck:

I don't even know what exactly he's accused of doing but like 90% of the population believes all politicians are inherently corrupt evil pricks with fair justification.

I'm not well-versed in the case, but I did look into it briefly, and based on recent supreme court rulings, its not as much of a slam-dunk guilty verdict as you might think.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Luna posted:

technically min7b5

Still weak, have you tried augmenting the joke with some sharp humor?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

HappyHippo posted:

What does journalism have to do with Sean Hannity?

He has another bad tweet just to answer that!

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/929906330537783296

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Teddybear posted:

Hope Menendez resigns in 2018 or gets primaried out. We can really do better.

If he does go down at trial and Christie appoints his replacement, does the replacement serve until 2018?

Rigel posted:

I'm not well-versed in the case, but I did look into it briefly, and based on recent supreme court rulings, its not as much of a slam-dunk guilty verdict as you might think.

That's not what I mean, what I meant was I'm surprised the jury didn't just convict him on the basis of "gently caress that guy."

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

bullshit, they are gonna have to knock a whole in the wall get the ambulance and crane through.

It'll be easy, all they have to do is remove him in several pieces.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It's pretty funny that these batshit lunatics hate the guy who gave them their biggest win in the last decade.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Ugh, comeon Nate you're smarter than this

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Seems like that could lead to an expensive lawsuit that the state would surely lose.

That would just keep it in the news longer. Anyway this goes is probably bad for the GOP.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Schedule a testimony or we will start talking to the public" is a hell of a ballsy move, I like it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

HappyHippo posted:

Ugh, comeon Nate you're smarter than this?

nate is a good statistician and a godawful pundit

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
LOL I'm sure Mitch McConnell is thrilled at the thought of having a Moore facing the senate judiciary committee

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"Schedule a testimony or we will start talking to the public" is a hell of a ballsy move, I like it

Yeah, my eyebrows raised on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty funny that these batshit lunatics hate the guy who gave them their biggest win in the last decade.

They don't hate Trump

• Locked thread