Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

You guys are good to go, the Cowboys cant do this with the current suspension and injuries. This is your shot Philly, give me an excuse to cheer for you and go up against the Pats in the sb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

You guys are good to go, the Cowboys cant do this with the current suspension and injuries. This is your shot Philly, give me an excuse to cheer for you and go up against the Pats in the sb

eagles gonna be one and done divisional round loss to the saints m8

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Asproigerosis posted:

this is the only way it can possibly end

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah they're good but when they go against a more experienced coaching staff they're going to get wrecked. As much as I like him don't think Pederson can win 4 postseason quarters against the Saints or Patriots.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol if so

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

oops cowboys are bad

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah they're good but when they go against a more experienced coaching staff they're going to get wrecked. As much as I like him don't think Pederson can win 4 postseason quarters against the Saints or Patriots.

Or the Rams and maybe the Vikings

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Reading this is funny because I’m positive the Saints get housed if they have to play the Eagles in Philly, which they would. Their level of competition has made them look better than they are.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Reading this is funny because I’m positive the Saints get housed if they have to play the Eagles in Philly, which they would. Their level of competition has made them look better than they are.

Philly is the only team in the league with a hometown disadvantage

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The weather in January in Philly would wreak havoc on our offense and we’ve already had issues protection against teams with a good pass rush. We’d probably lose in NO too though.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

At the same time, they are 12-1 at home since Pederson took over.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This isn’t really the case recently though

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah this has been a weird ride.

I still can't believe shipping off Matthews and keeping Agholor was the right move.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You pessimists need to adjust your vaginas and grab your ball sacks instead.

Eagles bye week. We somehow gained a 1 extra game advantage on the entire NFC East while Carson Wentz is drinking beer & exterminating deer.

18-1.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dak Prescott will take the field next week without an offensive line. Radical new strategy, but it just might work. Cameos will be made by the recently upgraded Sean Lee, who finally accepted his lot in life and became a cyborg. He will still miss 4 games due to ruined cyber-hamstrings.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
I've only been to one regular season NFL game, it was this tire fire. It's worth remembering that this is ~9 days after the Miracle at the New Meadowlands clinched the division.

When we got up at halftime to get food, the guys behind us said "maybe we'll win this game if our defense can actually stop someone."

The halftime score was 7-7. Minnesota's score had come on a fumble returned for a touchdown.

The defense didn't allow a single point in the entire half. It was such an incredible commitment to negativity in the face of all facts, reason, and observable truth.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Football fans are just Americans but with tribal identifiers added so pretty much every last one of us are garbage. It's how we're wired.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This hasn’t been true for a while. Philly has been the best home team in football the past 2 years.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/12/owners-have-their-own-nuclear-option-for-dealing-with-jerry-jones/amp/

So long, Jerry.

quote:

They could, in theory, attempt to trigger forfeiture of the Dallas franchise.

A league source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that multiple owners already have been discussing the possibility, which flows from Article VIII of the NFL’s Constitution & Bylaws. Specifically, Section 8.13 authorizes the Commissioner to determine that an owner “has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football.” If the Commissioner believes the available sanction (a $500,000 fine) is “not adequate or sufficient,” the Commissioner may refer the issue to the NFL’s Executive Committee, which has the power to compel “[c]ancellation or forfeiture of the franchise in the League of any member club involved or implicated,” with a directive to sell the team.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Please do it

(they won't)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

I hope this entire thing tears the NFL apart at the seams. burn it all down.

Football will survive in a new, better form

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to give credit to Kaep in that timeline, because a dude taking a knee took so many ridiculous twists and turns.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If Tyron Smith isn't ready to go against the Eagles, the Cowboys should probably just sit Prescott because it's going to be a bloodbath.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

If Tyron Smith isn't ready to go against the Eagles, the Cowboys should probably just sit Prescott because it's going to be a bloodbath.

:agreed:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

89 posted:

You pessimists need to adjust your vaginas and grab your ball sacks instead.

Eagles bye week. We somehow gained a 1 extra game advantage on the entire NFC East while Carson Wentz is drinking beer & exterminating deer.

18-1.

But but the Saints. :iit:

gently caress the doubters, we roll on.

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/930106323164901378

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/930130741832372225

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah, that's not happening

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cash Monet posted:

No, but maybe we'll get lucky and it will raise his blood pressure and hasten his death.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I mean this is great news and all, but I feel our CBs at the moment have been holding it down. I'm not sure if I'd start him on Sunday.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

shyduck posted:

I mean this is great news and all, but I feel our CBs at the moment have been holding it down. I'm not sure if I'd start him on Sunday.

Start him, cause #NFCEastWackyGames. As soon as the slaughter begins, sit him.

Take same approach with Ertz.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

shyduck posted:

I would. He's a starter and the most talented CB we have. The backups have done admirably, but having an extra man in that slot is a good thing. We want Darby out there.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Cash Monet posted:

the first clue should have been the source

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really hate Jason Garrett and I wish he would just disappear.

Then again, I look across the league and see some of the other head coach options and it gives me a cold chill.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Same. Garrett is a really bad coach and it feels like his teams lead the league in boneheaded mistakes that can be directly blamed on the coach.

But also same re: other options out there

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have a bold idea for the cowboys: fire Garrett and hire Bill Belichick

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

oh my god I am ROCK hard, please Rog please please pleeeeeease do this

Asproigerosis posted:

lol if you think the Eagles and Saints will play in the divisional round

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

I have a bold idea for the cowboys: fire Garrett and hire Bill Belichick

Reminds of the hundreds of drunk call ins to radio stations about "we need to get rid of Romo and get ourselves a Peyton Manning. Or a Tom Brady."

When the hosts would question where exactly we were supposed to find someone like that and how would we pay for them, the response would typically just be angry yelling.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
all you need to know about jason garretts coaching acumen is how he made 0 changes to the playcalling after the backup LT went out, allowing for the most sacks given up by the cowboys since the 91 eagles (one of the greatest dlines and defenses in NFL history).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey now, he made sure he used all three of his timeouts and made sure his starting was out there for the entirety of that 4th quarter, getting sacked even more, while down more than 20 points.

Had Dak been injured, Garrett wouldn't have been fired. He would have had his soul yanked out of him by Jerruh.

• Locked thread