Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

shoplifter posted:

Columbus Mayor and Alex Fischer of the Columbus Partnership (major business group, 15+ Fortune 1000 CEOs are members) to have a meeting with Garber and Precourt on Nov 15. Originally we were told it would be after the season, so I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

Well it was supposed to be after the Crews season. :derp:

joshtothemaxx posted:

New USMNT roster. Posting here because why not. Glad to see Hamid, CCV, Miazga, Williams, and Dwyer, but there are still weird choices. Sapong? Agudelo? Lichaj?

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 1/0)

DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United/ENG; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse/NED; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 26/1), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 48/0)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland/ENG; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town/ENG; 22/2)

FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City SC; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (St. Louis Scott Gallagher; 0/0)

The only one I actively hate is Villafania, why not call up one of the younger MLS guys who are actually playing like B. Vincent or Acosta (RSL One). Other than that sub like Pulisic in for Gooch, and the Gonzalez from Monterrey for Alejandro and then pretty much any other left back for Villafania I think its fine, outside of forwards.

In regards to forwards I think this is the dregs of the pool that is healthy other than Sargent who is a prospect.

Still want to see Weah, Siebatch and maybe Novakovich get a look. Morris is probably a lock for January, Wood needs to have a break after a rough last couple months. Jozy should never get another look especially after being a whiny bitch baby these playoffs.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Galaxy got them knives out and cut a bunch of under performing dudes who came up from Galaxy II.

Kind of surprised to see Jose Villareal go, the rest not so much.

https://twitter.com/kbaxter11/status/927976213561278465

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Sargent absolutely would not have gotten a call if he were on a professional roster. I'd take someone like Chris Durkin over him, and I wouldn't even take Durkin.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

threeagainstfour posted:

Galaxy got them knives out and cut a bunch of under performing dudes who came up from Galaxy II.

These weren't just LA2 players. They were also homegrowns. Even though none of them really produced, I'm surprised to see them get straight cut. Surely DC United would've given us something for more of our cast-offs.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Line up for Portugal

Honestly looks like a better roster barring the attack than the trinidad roster. Also I'm pretty sure CCV hasn't been capped at the senior level?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

threeagainstfour posted:

McBean and Jose are going to be starting in the league next year. This is the dumbest loving move we could have done outside of signing Jermaine Jones again. Coincidentally, with this purge, if we do sign Jones next year, I'm cancelling season tickets.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah it is a first for CCV.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Seltzer posted:

Line up for Portugal

Honestly looks like a better roster barring the attack than the trinidad roster. Also I'm pretty sure CCV hasn't been capped at the senior level?

I think he got called up under Klinsman, but was never capped.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

They're still trying to make this Austin poo poo happen

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Brad Friedel is the new Revs manager. Ok.

https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/post/2017/11/09/revolution-name-brad-friedel-head-coach

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Who?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
FS1 commentator who can't decide what country his accent is from.

Oh, and 82 caps as USMNT keeper.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Mike Jones

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hungryjack posted:

Mike Jones

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Has he coached at any level before?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

U-19 coach since the beginning of last year

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Ungratek posted:

Has he coached at any level before?

Don't worry, TFC always hired coaches from outside of Home Depot, and there's been nothing but success to show for it

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Meanwhile Montreal hires ex-Lyon manager Remi Garde but will probably still find some way to fall short of expectations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

he's an aston villa legend op

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Remember how we keep talking about substandard managing? Brad Friedel is a bad attempt to sell tickets.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Remember how we keep talking about substandard managing? Brad Friedel is a bad attempt to sell tickets.

This!!

It's really annoying; I really hope they at least tried to sign a real manager and maybe just couldn't lure anyone worthwhile to the team. I know that's not true though.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Your Boy Fancy posted:

See alsol: Tim Howard

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I’m so mad that there are no playoffs this weekend

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

According to ESPN tonight, Sacramento and NASHVILLE are the favorites for spots 25 and 26, with Cincinnati in the outside looking in.

Burn it down.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I can't wait to host the Modesto Wizards in 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

According to ESPN tonight, Sacramento and NASHVILLE are the favorites for spots 25 and 26, with Cincinnati in the outside looking in.

Burn it down.

On the one hand, Hot Chicken is the poo poo. On the other...Nashville?!?!?!?

Supposedly they've voted for $275 million in public funds towards a stadium that will quickly balloon to a half billion because this ALWAYS loving HAPPENS, STOP VOTING FOR THIS poo poo CITY GOVERNMENTS

I'm not surprised that Cinci hasn't fallen for it because of how loving hosed the city is from the Bengals stadium.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Isn’t that proposed Nashville stadium also a Vanderbilt thing as well?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
gently caress Nashville. The original fan group scammed thousands of local soccer fans (thankfully not me) out of thousands of dollars by selling "team ownership" which was actually just season tickets to a lovely amateur squad. The infrastructure can barely support football, hockey, and Broadway and the fan support genuinely is not there. If Nashville gets an MLS team, I will genuinely be shocked if they can regularly pull in 10k+ after 3 years.

fake edit: I am also 100% positive the only reason this is happening is because of Tennessee's corrupt as poo poo conservative government led by corporate plutocrats like Bill Haslem and a literally insane Congress. gently caress em all.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I can't wait for this stupid league to fold.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shrapnig posted:

I can't wait for this stupid league to fold.

Do you need help deciding which Canadian Premier League team to root for?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/jeffrueter/status/930149023482351624

Crazy Ted posted:

Burn it down.

Spots 25 and 26? Who's spot 24 then?
Because LAFC is 23, right, or am I dumb and missing something.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Miami Beckhams

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Burn it down.

I'd be fine with Sacramento, because we need more West Coast teams. Leaving Cinci out is a crime against humanity.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

binge crotching posted:

I'd be fine with Sacramento, because we need more West Coast teams. Leaving Cinci out is a crime against humanity.
Hence why I underlined Nashville. I can't imagine anyone having an issue with Sacramento getting a spot in MLS from an attendance/support/infrastructure standpoint. You could argue that, with the talent level their level of support affords the team, Sacramento been punching under their weight on the field though.

But Nashville??? And telling FC Cincinnati to gently caress off???

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
27 & 28 will be available.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Hence why I underlined Nashville. I can't imagine anyone having an issue with Sacramento getting a spot in MLS from an attendance/support/infrastructure standpoint. You could argue that, with the talent level their level of support affords the team, Sacramento been punching under their weight on the field though.

But Nashville??? And telling FC Cincinnati to gently caress off???

I have an issue with Sacramento getting a spot. Why the hell would I ever want to travel to Sacramento for an away game?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

I have an issue with Sacramento getting a spot. Why the hell would I ever want to travel to Sacramento for an away game?

Because SMF is cheap as gently caress to fly in and out of?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

binge crotching posted:

Because SMF is cheap as gently caress to fly in and out of?

You know there's a reason for that, right? I guess Folsom State Prison is pretty close?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Tigren posted:

Maybe you have some sort of terminal disease, and just need that extra push to end it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Thanatosian posted:

Maybe you have some sort of terminal disease, and just need that extra push to end it all.

It's called supporting the Galaxy

• Locked thread