Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Lemon posted:

I do this, not because it makes you quieter (it doesn't) but because most people still wear shoes, so it helps to differentiate between your footsteps and others.

It's not the volume really, but theres definitely less bass to the indoor barefoot sound compared ti the shoes one that imo makes it less noticeable

Maybe just placebo though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
My squad and I all run barefoot and I can instantly hear when a stranger enters my building, which is nice

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Hnng I just lost two fights in a row where I had headshots lined up but missed them due to having my zeroing wrong in the first instance and being to close to my UAZ and hitting that instead in the second. Both entirely my fault but still annoying as heck.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

Large scopes (8x, 15x) now have variable zoom that can be adjusted using the Mouse Wheel (by default)

:stare:

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
More complexity and jank to the ballistics, just what this game needed!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wait there's 15x scopes?
Is that the one on the vss?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wait there's 15x scopes?

it's a crate drop

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Huh. Only seen the guns, ammo, and a ghilli suit from the crate. Cool

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Wait there's 15x scopes?

Bohemian Nights posted:

it's a crate drop

This. But even then I've only ever even seen one in all my PUBG games. It's an exceptionally rare item.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Its also waaay too much zoom and I'd be much happier finding an 8x than a 15x. Might change with variable zoom though, interesting add.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Horizontal Tree posted:

Its also waaay too much zoom and I'd be much happier finding an 8x than a 15x. Might change with variable zoom though, interesting add.

Yep that isn't unusual. Most of the time when I see streamers use one they will almost always favor the 8x over the 15x if they have the option. Part of it is that I think because it's so rare nobody is used to using it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Ice Fist posted:

Yep that isn't unusual. Most of the time when I see streamers use one they will almost always favor the 8x over the 15x if they have the option. Part of it is that I think because it's so rare nobody is used to using it.

Way back when they were first put in my squadmate had a suppressed Kar98 with the 15x and a ghille suit and he was god tier with it. One shot was well over a kilometer and he ended up with 11 kills total, we had like 22 or 23 total between the 4 of us. To this day it was the best win I've had that wasn't solo, it just felt like we were on another level. The last circle saw him switch to a 4x and hide in a bush while we just maneuvered and called out targets to him. He'd either kill them outright or wound them enough so we could plink them.

Yeah though, I think I've seen a 15x maybe 3 or 4 times and I probably have close to 1,000 games total.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
15x actually doesn't suck, it makes winning peeking battles with idiots in buildings or by trees trivial.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

School just isn't worth it anymore for the level of loot you get out of it. Unless you're some kind of surgeon with a shotgun, which I'm not, then it always feels like a crapshoot and you come out with lovely loot.

Best place to drop is South Georgeopol duplexes either North or South of the apartments. Good loot, busy enough to get some kills and be fun but usually not too much of a crapshoot (though depends on flightpath), enough vehicle spawns to get out usually.

Duplexes at western Yasnaya are great too if the flight path misses Georgi. Just don’t fall for the the trap apartments, they suck.

School is a mixed bag. If I have time I can run to apartments or Roz and clean up/loot for equipment, but if a ton of people drop I might not have time. The key is not to try and loot every nook of the school. Just do a pass through the roof, gym, auditorium and maybe peek in some of the classrooms as you run by. Skip the pool house, it sucks.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I've had real poo poo luck at the power plant every time too, even though so many people seem to drop there whenever i pass by.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

I've had real poo poo luck at the power plant every time too, even though so many people seem to drop there whenever i pass by.

Good loot areas are just as much about looting speed as number of spawns. Tons of stuff spawns in apartments but they are 3 stories and you have to open 50 doors as well. Duplexes have a ton of spawns and only 2-3 doors to open so you can dash through and grab what you need.

The Power plant is nice if you bring a vehicle but it takes some time to loot and it’s on the edge of the map so you might be chasing the circle.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

Way back when they were first put in my squadmate had a suppressed Kar98 with the 15x and a ghille suit and he was god tier with it. One shot was well over a kilometer and he ended up with 11 kills total, we had like 22 or 23 total between the 4 of us. To this day it was the best win I've had that wasn't solo, it just felt like we were on another level. The last circle saw him switch to a 4x and hide in a bush while we just maneuvered and called out targets to him. He'd either kill them outright or wound them enough so we could plink them.

Yeah though, I think I've seen a 15x maybe 3 or 4 times and I probably have close to 1,000 games total.

Don't player models only render out to 1km max ?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

mashed_penguin posted:

Don't player models only render out to 1km max ?

Maybe they don't now but a few months ago they did. We were down near those trenches by Gatka and he nailed a guy on top of the mountain.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tweak posted:

Of reasons to hand wave away being impressed Shroud, the idea that he gets extra loot and thus an easier game is pretty weak

Old post, but I'm watching him right now and it reminded me of this. Having a dozen players that you're all better than commit suicide by running face first into your gun barrel must be an interesting experience.

He almost ran out of ammo but the next guy who ran at him didn't really bother shooting back and, well look at that, he was fully loaded.

Yeah, sometimes one of them will kill the streamer. But most times he destroys them all, it's not close, and he then gets the loot and vehicles they had. Anywhere this guy lands in the map, between 1-5 schmucks will be driving out to greet him. Not an advantage? okay.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Ashrik posted:

Old post, but I'm watching him right now and it reminded me of this. Having a dozen players that you're all better than commit suicide by running face first into your gun barrel must be an interesting experience.

He almost ran out of ammo but the next guy who ran at him didn't really bother shooting back and, well look at that, he was fully loaded.

Yeah, sometimes one of them will kill the streamer. But most times he destroys them all, it's not close, and he then gets the loot and vehicles they had. Anywhere this guy lands in the map, between 1-5 schmucks will be driving out to greet him. Not an advantage? okay.

It's an advantage but it's not in the way that really matters aka it helps him win games but no one watches shroud for his sick win rate, it's because he's insane at shooting sweet boys

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
New video published!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYCwkpWcdP8

Enjoy!
Hopefully a little easier to watch. I cut the fat and made the whole thing a lot shorter. There are some sweet highlight style moments mixed in to break up the full game sequences. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks for the pointers last time.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Vaulting is in the test servers now and while I didn't expect mirrors edge movement, I do wish hopping over some items was more fluid than run into object -> stop -> press space (hope you don't jump). Pretty jarring when compared to how fast you could rush through a window, for instance. Can't wait to see what weird roof top camping areas this opens up

Tweak fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 14, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Dyz posted:

Duplexes at western Yasnaya are great too if the flight path misses Georgi. Just don’t fall for the the trap apartments, they suck.

School is a mixed bag. If I have time I can run to apartments or Roz and clean up/loot for equipment, but if a ton of people drop I might not have time. The key is not to try and loot every nook of the school. Just do a pass through the roof, gym, auditorium and maybe peek in some of the classrooms as you run by. Skip the pool house, it sucks.

I feel like I’m giving up a secret because whenever I play squad we never run into anyone else here but whatever: the apartments on the north shore above georgeopol have always given us extremely good gear. The one catch is that vehicle spawns are rare so you almost always need to designate a vehicle hunter amongst your team while everyone else marks good weapons and armor for them to pick up once they return with some wheels.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Or do that and then hop in a boat. There seem to be quite a few boat spawns there.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Tweak posted:

Vaulting is in the test servers now and while I didn't expect mirrors edge movement, I do wish hopping over some items was more fluid than run into object -> stop -> press space (hope you don't jump). Pretty jarring when compared to how fast you could rush through a window, for instance. Can't wait to see what weird roof top camping areas this opens up

Did you find the vault key?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

We’ve never been able to make that work but in hindsight we’ve never actually checked the coast, only the bay side and we’ve never gotten one.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

I feel like I’m giving up a secret because whenever I play squad we never run into anyone else here but whatever: the apartments on the north shore above georgeopol have always given us extremely good gear. The one catch is that vehicle spawns are rare so you almost always need to designate a vehicle hunter amongst your team while everyone else marks good weapons and armor for them to pick up once they return with some wheels.

Problem that specific place is unless you find a boat under the bridge or a vehicle in the garage by the bridge you're hosed. There isn't a huge number of car spawns in that whole area.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Rex-Goliath posted:

North George is great and every time I advocate a drop there my team gets confused like the idea never occurred to them. It's always a pretty great spot though.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

daslog posted:

Did you find the vault key?
It's built in to the jump button, or you can assign separate jump only/vault only buttons.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah the catch is if the circle is on the other side of the map you gotta haul rear end ASAP because in all likelihood you won’t be getting a vehicle. This is why we designate vehicle-hunters because once we know we’re secure that area is great pickins

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They changed vehicle sounds and made the plane like 40% quieter, and it makes the game sound way better. Also, in Settings, under Gameplay, there is a setting for "Icon Killfeed" which 1) turns the killfeed into CS:GO style killfeed, and 2) moves it to the upper right corner below XX Left.

Patch of the Year.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is anyone able to comment on the new ballistics or damage system?

That’s going to change the game more than anything else.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Helter Skelter posted:

It's built in to the jump button, or you can assign separate jump only/vault only buttons.

Yea and it's a little better with a designated key, but I still just imagine dying doing a vault animation where I used to be able to fly over something with crouch jump. Vaulting through a window breaks the glass as well and it freaks me out every time, especially when it thinks I jumped through a window but only vaulted near a window and plays the glass breaking sound.

Oh my god vehicles are so much better, both in sound and maneuverability

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Vaulting seems to work but I was killed in like 20 seconds and couldn't reconnect to the test server.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tweak posted:

Yea and it's a little better with a designated key, but I still just imagine dying doing a vault animation where I used to be able to fly over something with crouch jump. Vaulting through a window breaks the glass as well and it freaks me out every time, especially when it thinks I jumped through a window but only vaulted near a window and plays the glass breaking sound.

Oh my god vehicles are so much better, both in sound and maneuverability

Are crouch jumps out or still active?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ashrik posted:

Are crouch jumps out or still active?

They are out, and so is hopping up a hill and hopping up stairs to go faster.

e: On the the test server, for clarification.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Goddamn you're dying in like one to two hits on the test server and that's with all level two armor and helmet. :stare: Anyone have a table of what the damage is now???

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Is the parkour fun or is it janky as poo poo PLEASE say its not janky

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Thanks everyone who came into the channel me, Juniper and Entwo were in, 15 minutes after the test server opened to ask us about literally every bullet point on the patch notes, each. Thanks.

tote up a bags posted:

Is the parkour fun or is it janky as poo poo PLEASE say its not janky

I only played a little bit of test, and it seems mostly fine. My biggest gripe is that vaulting interrupts your reloading where crouch jumping didn't.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Problem that specific place is unless you find a boat under the bridge or a vehicle in the garage by the bridge you're hosed. There isn't a huge number of car spawns in that whole area.

Or some idiot inevitably drives through ruins or the surrounding hills and flips the car. The general problem with far drop strategies is even if everything goes well there's a chance to just get slaughtered on the edge of the first circle because you were so far away you had no intel on any enemy positions as you come in to that first circle.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

VikingSkull posted:

Maybe they don't now but a few months ago they did. We were down near those trenches by Gatka and he nailed a guy on top of the mountain.

That's only 800m.

Anyway this is a video from June, so maybe it's been changed, showing people de-rendering at 1KM.

• Locked thread