Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If he leaves the main room, does he ever go back if you've already taken out the Doctor and stolen his outfit? He seemed to be locked into place on his stool but maybe I just needed to wait around a bit longer for somebody to take him away again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

mary had a little clam posted:

I wouldn't want every level to be like this, but it would be fun to have a Hitman level where the target(s) follow one non-looping path over, say, one real-time hour but tracked by in game clocks. You would have to find in game clocks to see what time it was and plan your hit based on where the target would be at that exact time. Miss it and you'd have to go on to the next. Could make for some fun research elements to the level, or clever ways to alter the path. Like, if the target gets a haircut at 4pm, you could either pose as the stylist OR you could cause a power outage at the salon and have the target end up somewhere earlier (with less eyes) or something.

This was kind of what one of the targets did in Sapienza as the level was originally planned - Di Santis was supposed to go through the town and not just the mansion. Playtesting showed that a target with a path that extensive made it alternately boring to have to wait for her and frustrating to find out that you'd just missed her, so they scrapped that whole section of her route and now she only goes into town in response to the player's actions.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jerusalem posted:

If he leaves the main room, does he ever go back if you've already taken out the Doctor and stolen his outfit? He seemed to be locked into place on his stool but maybe I just needed to wait around a bit longer for somebody to take him away again?
I think Liebleid needs to call him in, so your best bet is probably to hide in the room near the incinerator button and then take the outfit after Owen is called in. Worked for me at least.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think Liebleid needs to call him in, so your best bet is probably to hide in the room near the incinerator button and then take the outfit after Owen is called in. Worked for me at least.

Thanks, I'll try it again once I clear the challenges for The Source and the Author.

Speaking of the former, is it usual for nobody to give a poo poo about Sister Yulduz? I poisoned her drink and she dropped dead in the exhibition room but nobody seemed to care. Nabazov and his guards stepped right over her corpse on their usual path without blinking an eye, and after I completed the mission I got the No Evidence and Purgatory challenges. She died right on the precipice between the exhibition room and the restricted area and the curtain was draped over part of her body, so I wonder if she was considered hidden or the game couldn't figure out which room she was actually in and basically made her non-existent as a result?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nah it's just buggy. I had her die of poison there too and Nabazov just stared at her corpse forever until I bumped into him and he reset and went on his way. The body stayed indefinitely.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

is it possible to make a contract where people specifically have to use the clown suit and can't just use a normal suit? i want to make a Fall Accidents, Clown Only contract

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Thee seem to be zone border issues with Bangkok that exist on every implementation of the level.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Here's a few more from my addled brain:

The Bangkok Bamboozle (Bangkok): 1-08-2029059-02

TARGETS: Three Hotel Staff members in the basement.
COMPLICATIONS: Targets Only, No Pacifications
THE IDEA: It's a disguise carousel except none of your targets offers a useful disguise and you can't knock anybody out (or even kill them!) for theirs. However, all three of the disguises required are ones you can start with. You don't need to start with any of them though.

Here's a Fiber Wire run to prove it's doable with Zero Mastery.

The Gunslinger's Reckoning (Colorado): 1-09-8872998-02

TARGETS: Just one: The guy in Sean Rose's room.
COMPLICATIONS: Do Not Get Spotted, Headshots Only, Perfect Shooter.
THE IDEA: You gotta get a disguise and then take one good shot.

Soft, Then Hard (Sapienza): 1-03-5749971-02

TARGETS: Five: One guy on the tower near the mansion, two guys outside the mansion kitchen, a fisherman on the far pier, and a gardener in the church area.
COMPLICATIONS: None! Go nuts.
THE IDEA: Is that a Lancer in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? :bigtran:
This contract is really stupid.

where the red fern gropes posted:

is it possible to make a contract where people specifically have to use the clown suit and can't just use a normal suit? i want to make a Fall Accidents, Clown Only contract
No, unfortunately. It's a Suit, the only thing it does different is legally carry A New Bat, which can't kill people.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

why is page up your melee key

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

probably a mouse with 8 buttons, one of which is bound pageup?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/UltraSuperNova2/status/929762803182956544

Okay, but what if this worked for luring targets away :allears:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Anyone ever experienced a bug where you have multiple runs show up on the leaderboard? I was messing around with a contract trying to perfect a run when I noticed it posted my good one and also like my first long, exploratory one too for some reason.

e: Might as well toss it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7hbi-JCJh4

Is there any way to force Yuki to start her route earlier? I never messed around with bullet distractions since they sucked for most of the time I've played this game, but this contract forced me to explore it. So I did, but as you can see I knock out 4/5 of the targets in a minute and a half and then spend just as long sitting around waiting for Yuki to leave her room to get that falling object kill.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 13, 2017

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

For The Vector's "Where is everybody?" challenge:

If you get one of the targets on top of the mechanic garage as a target, anyone find a way to hide their bodies? Knocking them off the back doesn't do it, and I can't figure out a way to lure them downstairs

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Kloaked00 posted:

If you get one of the targets on top of the mechanic garage as a target, anyone find a way to hide their bodies? Knocking them off the back doesn't do it, and I can't figure out a way to lure them downstairs
That's pretty much the reason why I still don't have that challenge

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Kloaked00 posted:

I think the only way to hide the body from up there would to be to wait until they start to escape and then time it perfectly, so you can shoot them just as they pass a bush. Pretty hard though.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I️’m finishing the Clown Escalation now, but I’ve got to say, I️ can’t get enough of the cowboy costume and I️ think it’s my permanent go-to now (of course, now that I️ can do the 19-odd Exclusives I️ missed, I️ reserve the right to change my mind).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
http://deadline.com/2017/11/hitman-television-series-derek-kolstad-john-wick-creator-hulu-fox-21-pilot-script-1202206934/

Hulu? :negative:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

quote:

Two more Hitman games are in development at IO Interactive.

Huh?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Either they're counting GOTY Edition for some reason or Io's working on another small side thing.

New interview about Io becoming independant. Some of the dot points:

• Squeenix doesn't receive a single dollar of GOTY sales. It all goes into Io's Hitman bucket.
  • Player numbers of Hitman Season 1 have increased since the start of 2017 from two to seven million non-dormant players.
  • Io lost the rights to Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch in the divorce, but were somehow able to keep the Freedom Fighters IP.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Kins posted:

Io lost the rights to Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch in the divorce, but were somehow able to keep the Freedom Fighters IP.
Get Night Dive on the phone, they know what must be done.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Played the dlc over the weekend and did all the challenges twice on different accounts.

First of all, gently caress Slam Dunk. Pretty much just keep reloading and hoping to get lucky.

You Know The Number was a ton of fun.

I had fun with the new escalations, but I hope that's the last we see of the "if anyone sees you doing anything illegal, the mission fails" mechanic.

I was feeling pretty good about my Hitman skills, then I saw CJ's video where he got SA/SO on The Author by launching the explosive phone from ground level into the church bell for an accident kill and HOLY poo poo I am a mere mortal among gods.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Colorado mission was super loving fun and all the challenges are easily cheese-able by saving after each kill. Not that you would need to because despite the target randomization, the mechanics are pretty fair and the level has the least amount of Hitman jank.

qbert fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 14, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
A Marathon? Nah, It's A Sprint (Sapienza): 1-03-4274491-02

TARGETS: Just one: The guy on top of the Sapienza Ruins.
COMPLICATIONS: Required Exit (Car), No Disguise Changes, Headshots Only, Perfect Shooter.
THE IDEA: GuLe is an rear end and so am I, and when our powers combine dumb poo poo like this happens. Deceptively simple, but also really stupid.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Nakar posted:

COMPLICATIONS: Required Exit (Car), No Disguise Changes, Headshots Only, Perfect Shooter.
THE IDEA: GuLe is an rear end and so am I, and when our powers combine dumb poo poo like this happens. Deceptively simple, but also really stupid.

i'm at work and can't test but is the easy solution sniper rifle in safe house?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The update is bugged and seems to have given Marksman to all sniper rifles, and also Marksman seems to stack when you hammer the button for it. The gun that benefits most from this probably isn't the one you were expecting.

Boiled Water posted:

i'm at work and can't test but is the easy solution sniper rifle in safe house?
Pistol requirement, so no.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Only way I could figure out how to do it for him and for the limping chess entusiast was to panic him into trying to escape, then time shooting him as he goes by a bush - it's unlikely you'll knock him in, but once he's dead you can shoot the corpse to move it into the bushes - just got to be careful nobody spots the body in the meantime, I think.

The Kins posted:

• Player numbers of Hitman Season 1 have increased since the start of 2017 from two to seven million non-dormant players.

Wait, they've gained five million regular to semi-regular players over the course of the year? Isn't that unbelievably spectacular? :stare:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, they've gained five million regular to semi-regular players over the course of the year? Isn't that unbelievably spectacular? :stare:

Inverse of what usually happens.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Jerusalem posted:

Having a retail release for the console version was probably a big factor there.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nakar posted:

I'm gonna guess you're just tediously dumping 3 baller rounds into his head or rolling the dice on a striker headshot from down by the flower van, but I don't have the patience for the pixel hunt to test that myself.

Have they mentioned how many of those 7 million players just have the free demo?

Mondian fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 14, 2017

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

I assume the gimmick isn't just getting a bunch of headshots on a guy three pixels tall with the silverballer from behind the flower van? :v:

Edit: I've been trying to finish all the escalations lately and goddamn they're such an unfun slog. I really hope 3 levels is the norm going forward and not just something they decided to do for the GOTY edition.

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 14, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mondian posted:

I'm gonna guess you're just tediously dumping 3 baller rounds into his head or rolling the dice on a striker headshot from down by the flower van, but I don't have the patience for the pixel hunt to test that myself.
You could do it that way, but you don't have to.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

gtrmp posted:

Having a retail release for the console version was probably a big factor there.

That, and it went down to half-price (or lower) for a long time too. Easier to impulse buy a game that's only $25 bucks or so.

Of course, I bought it a week before that happened, but whatever, I've got like 100+ hours in the game so it's not like I didn't get $60 out of it.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nakar posted:

I got lucky on my second try and did, still having trouble imagining a different approach with the same speed.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Backing the Wrong Horse (Landslide): 1-04-1995055-02

TARGETS: Four. One of the Stage Crew, a bodyguard in the apartment with three bodyguards, a guy on one of the piers, and a woman near the market.
COMPLICATIONS: No Disguise Changes, which on Landslide just means Suit Only.
THE IDEA: Eh, it isn't quite what I envisioned when I set out to make it, but I think there's a lot of juggling one could do to save a lot of time.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The Kins posted:

Either they're counting GOTY Edition for some reason or Io's working on another small side thing.

New interview about Io becoming independant. Some of the dot points:

• Squeenix doesn't receive a single dollar of GOTY sales. It all goes into Io's Hitman bucket.
  • Io lost the rights to Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch in the divorce, but were somehow able to keep the Freedom Fighters IP.

IT'S

loving

HAPPENING

:bisonyes:

Also holy poo poo whatever they did to gain all those players even if it's just the demo is absolutely bonkers :staredog: e; The Hitman Hulu series article says the game has sold 7 mil copies, but whether that's something they've clarified or just taken from the same source as us without digging further isn't clear.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/SquareEnixMtl/status/928989795170373637

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

so has anyone ever used a proximity explosive?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man, Slam Dunk was an annoying challenge to get, so many times she'd hit the edge of the canopy and bounce off.

double nine posted:

I think everybody uses it once, then goes,"Why would I use that and not a remote controlled explosive?" and then never uses it again.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

double nine posted:

There are a tiny handful of uses for it, mostly in weird guard lures where you know only one guard will ever get as far as the proximity explosive.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I totally used a proximity mine in that one escalation where you have to explode two Sapienza tourists dressed like a priest, but only because I hadn't unlocked better explosives like the phone or duck at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

What was the trick here? Am I going to kick myself when I find out? :v: