Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

TFRazorsaw posted:

Are there any sites that sell TFs that allow you to steadily pay for a TF instead of all at once? I'd love to have Dinobot but there's zero chance I can pay that much at one time.
Payment plans for nerd collectibles, what a time to be alive. :allears:

Yes I know Sideshow does payment plans for their stuff, I'm taking advantage of one right now. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
What's everyone's preferred online retailer for TF preorders? I've done BBTS for quite a while but they are so slow to ship I kinda want to try someone else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DisposableHero posted:

What's everyone's preferred online retailer for TF preorders? I've done BBTS for quite a while but they are so slow to ship I kinda want to try someone else.

I like the Chosen Prime for general release bots.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

No new TF's in Glasgow Hamleys.
In fact, the only generations toys were a few titan masters, and legends bumblebee (and a couple roadrash or whatever his name is)

Not a single deluxe or voyager from TR, nevermind PotP. Views i might not bother popping in if they're going to go exclusively for the other lines.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Smyths have taken off the Wave 5 TR deluxes, and both Blitzwing and Octane from their site. They’ve never had them in stock, and they’ve been on that site about 4-5 months.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I said gently caress it and ordered a case of TMs from the Ramhorn assortment through work.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That’s some hella back kibble on MMC Thunderclash

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

The_Doctor posted:

That’s some hella back kibble on MMC Thunderclash

The legs aren't bad, and even that red panel isn't THAT bad, but those wheels just hanging off like that is pretty tragic. If they were able to hinge so they faced out and were flush to the back it might work but as it is that is reeeeally unfortunate.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
I just threw down my money on Dinobot. I can't believe he's so much but it is what it is...

Anime Export has a pretty decent price tag for what it's worth.
http://www.anime-export.com/product/37972

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Butt shots

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Butt shots

This looks complicated.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TFRazorsaw posted:

Are there any sites that sell TFs that allow you to steadily pay for a TF instead of all at once? I'd love to have Dinobot but there's zero chance I can pay that much at one time.

If you order from amiami you don't have to pay until it is in stock, if that helps.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Getting caught up on Peaugh's latest and Dreadwind looks... really nice?

I never completed any of the CW combiners so he might need to serve as a Bruticus limb somewhere in the near future!

That 'armor' not just being a big black foothand really helps too.

e: you know, looking at these POTP prime pack things, if they even transformed into a really simple mini-figure that would be awesome. The legs or arms make the fingers or toes or whatever, the head is maybe a big head? That'd be neat.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 13, 2017

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Butt shots

This looks weird and impressive at the same time. Like yeah, I can clearly see big robot leg tubes in that raptor rear end but also it all looks as compactly done as I could reasonably expect.

Also, man if PotP stuff is already showing up the break between lines is gonna be much shorter than I expected. Both good and bad I suppose. I have the cash but my poor shelves are packed to the brim and I'm still likin' having all these Titans Return guys out.

DisposableHero fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 13, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DisposableHero posted:

This looks weird and impressive at the same time. Like yeah, I can clearly see big robot leg tubes in that raptor rear end but also it all looks as compactly done as I could reasonably expect.

For a transformation that we thought impossible (and really, it still kinda is), Takara clearly gave it everything they had and it shows. It's hard for me to get upset at any of the imperfections.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DisposableHero posted:

Also, man if PotP stuff is already showing up the break between lines is gonna be much shorter than I expected. Both good and bad I suppose. I have the cash but my poor shelves are packed to the brim and I'm still likin' having all these Titans Return guys out.

I was thinking the same thing.

Guess it'll be time to pack away the Combiners for a little while.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

For a transformation that we thought impossible (and really, it still kinda is), Takara clearly gave it everything they had and it shows. It's hard for me to get upset at any of the imperfections.

Sure. Price maybe but not the imperfections. Now if only they would do an MP version of Rhinox or someone would OSKO the most recent one to be the right size to go with the other Beast Wars Masterpieces. Rattrap is thankfully already pretty much the right size.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DisposableHero posted:

Sure. Price maybe but not the imperfections. Now if only they would do an MP version of Rhinox or someone would OSKO the most recent one to be the right size to go with the other Beast Wars Masterpieces. Rattrap is thankfully already pretty much the right size.

I feel safe saying that MP Rattrap is in planning. That flip-out peg on MP Primal's back has to be there for SOME reason.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

Butt shots

Looks like he basically turns inside out.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
How come he has such freaky hands? Did the original toy use the raptor feet as hands and the series just rolled with it? Just find it odd that the others all seem to have normal hands but his are weird tri-pincer fingertrap things that clearly aren’t from his raptor feet or arms.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Sentinel Red posted:

How come he has such freaky hands? Did the original toy use the raptor feet as hands and the series just rolled with it? Just find it odd that the others all seem to have normal hands but his are weird tri-pincer fingertrap things that clearly aren’t from his raptor feet or arms.

I mean that's how it was on the show. They're just being as accurate as possible. Scorponok had pincers for hands. Black Arachnia and Tarantulas has weird hands. Same with Quickstrike.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
To clarify, the original toys never had accurate raptor feet - they always had three front toes and two back toes which became the robot hands.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
Got my replacement from Hasbro for my incomplete Grotusque.

They sent the Tablet Soundwave from last year which I'd be thrilled to get if I hadn't already gotten one. If anyone here is looking for that and willing to trade for Grotusque I'd be up for that. Otherwise this will probably go up on E-bay.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Butt shots

I'm pretty impressed with that tail articulation, considering it also still splits open. Lack of tail articulation has always been a pet peeve of mine with dinosaur Transformers, most of them don't get any.

Anyway speaking of impressive hiding of alt mode bits

That's about as flat of a Concorde as you're going to get. Shame about those corners poking out in front of the wings, but some kibble's unavoidable. I'm assuming it's got all the combiner gear in there too, if it's just a torso that needs a big pair of hips and thighs to combine like the Toyworld guys then I'm disappointed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So since I thought PotP wasn't dropping until 2018 and I hadn't really been paying attention yet at all, do we know the case breakdowns on the Leader class bots yet? The early TR waves had two different bots per case but the later ones were two of the same bot usually.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

So since I thought PotP wasn't dropping until 2018 and I hadn't really been paying attention yet at all, do we know the case breakdowns on the Leader class bots yet? The early TR waves had two different bots per case but the later ones were two of the same bot usually.

Wave 1 should be one Optimus and one Rodimus per case.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The original leaks show Wave 1 December 2017 - Optimus/Rodimus, Wave 2 April 2018 Optimus/Goateemus, Wave 3 July 2018 Optimus Primal/Rodimus.

Apparently we have confirmation for wave 2 distros which interestingly claims release date of middle next month. This happened during CW though PP is pretty messy when it comes to assortments so it doesn't make much sense. Just in case anyone forgot, there was a big gap between wave 2 and 3 of CW.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/11/13/power-primes-wave-1-case-breakdown-voyager-leader-power-master-353507

I have to admit I'm really wondering about the eventual boxed sets. Volcanicus into Diaclonicus would be radical. Make it happen, Hasbro.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Honest Ray posted:

I just threw down my money on Dinobot. I can't believe he's so much but it is what it is...

Anime Export has a pretty decent price tag for what it's worth.
http://www.anime-export.com/product/37972

I can definitely vouch for Anime-Export if that at all matters.

Decent shipping pricing and their customer support responds pretty quickly to my sometimes asinine questions.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The only PotP figure I'll care about is Super Fire Convoy.

And maybe the Dinobots, but mostly Super Fire Convoy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

The original leaks show Wave 1 December 2017 - Optimus/Rodimus, Wave 2 April 2018 Optimus/Goateemus, Wave 3 July 2018 Optimus Primal/Rodimus.

Apparently we have confirmation for wave 2 distros which interestingly claims release date of middle next month. This happened during CW though PP is pretty messy when it comes to assortments so it doesn't make much sense. Just in case anyone forgot, there was a big gap between wave 2 and 3 of CW.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/11/13/power-primes-wave-1-case-breakdown-voyager-leader-power-master-353507

I have to admit I'm really wondering about the eventual boxed sets. Volcanicus into Diaclonicus would be radical. Make it happen, Hasbro.

Cool. Sales on TFs have dipped a bit at my store so I don't think we'll be carrying a load of them. I just want to order the minimum so I can get what I want.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Cool. Sales on TFs have dipped a bit at my store so I don't think we'll be carrying a load of them. I just want to order the minimum so I can get what I want.

Do you know the case assortment aka number of different figures yet?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Knormal posted:

I'm pretty impressed with that tail articulation, considering it also still splits open. Lack of tail articulation has always been a pet peeve of mine with dinosaur Transformers, most of them don't get any.

Anyway speaking of impressive hiding of alt mode bits

That's about as flat of a Concorde as you're going to get. Shame about those corners poking out in front of the wings, but some kibble's unavoidable. I'm assuming it's got all the combiner gear in there too, if it's just a torso that needs a big pair of hips and thighs to combine like the Toyworld guys then I'm disappointed.
To be fair, Concorde engines are pretty much shaped like that, but a bit further back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Do you know the case assortment aka number of different figures yet?

I don't have the info yet. I expect Diamond won't have them up for preorder until January. I mean they just put the Overlord case up today.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Just picked up all four PoTP deluxes. I think the associate at Target was a little flabbergasted both from meeting a grown man hunting for toys and also him being able to produce a scannable barcode to search for a case that had just been put into inventory 20 minutes prior.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

SpazmasterX posted:

Just picked up all four PoTP deluxes. I think the associate at Target was a little flabbergasted both from meeting a grown man hunting for toys and also him being able to produce a scannable barcode to search for a case that had just been put into inventory 20 minutes prior.

I've checked brickseek, I'll go check my work and home Targets, woo!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

strangehamster posted:

I've checked brickseek, I'll go check my work and home Targets, woo!

I might pop into a Target today after work. I kinda really want that Dreadwind. I'm going to hold off on the Dinobots for now though. I have the last two of the DX9 dinos and those are good enough for me. I don't need a dino combiner either.

Also Jazz is a m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-monster pass for me so this first wave is easy.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Definitely use the UPC code to have an associate look it up. The DPCI number brought up a whole bunch of other stuff and just searching "power of the primes" or "transformers generations" turns up nothing. If they scan the UPC right off your phone it'll point right to the deluxe case assortment.

Oh and Jazz has the Elita-1 combiner on the side of the package, so I guess he's an official part of that with Moonracer.

Edit: I opened Slug and Swoop so far. Fun fact, the character cards show which Prime the bot is aligned with. So Slug becomes VECTOR SLUG and Swoop becomes AMALGAMOUS SWOOP. Their instructions say Sludge and Snarl are coming Mid-2018. And apparently you can use the Prime Armor's removable plastic bit as a gun. The hand can be armor, or a shield, or even a big unwieldily gun too.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 14, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

No, there's 12 different cards, each one denoting which prime does to that transformer. You get a random one. There's a list on tfwiki, it's pretty drat campy. Does the Elita-1 thing hint at the remaining unknown limb?

Also: assuming we assess PP like CW, we're going to see:
Remolds of everything
Gift sets with better and worse decos
Takara doing crazy stuff too

So I have a feeling it's best to hold off and see what they show off.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheeeee, came home to find the preorder fairy had been.

And graphics novel dudes, I need to PM you soon for PayPal stuff.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The_Doctor posted:

Wheeeee, came home to find the preorder fairy had been.

And graphics novel dudes, I need to PM you soon for PayPal stuff.

Woah, that's a haul. Are those Hot Soldiers the mini dudes?