Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Akabira Killer Mikes

Lineups

vs RHP

#1 Burkett LF
#2 Gehringer 2B
#3 Heilmann DH
#4 Boggs 3B
#5 Dickey C
#6 Kelley 1B
#7 Vaughan SS
#8 Ashburn CF
#9 Cobb RF

vs LHP

#1Burkett LF
#2 Boggs 3B
#3 Heilmann DH
#4 Vaughan SS
#5 Kelley 1B
#6 Gehringer 2B
#7 Trout CF
#8 Cobb RF
#9 Burgess C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

We've reached that magical part of the schedule where we play 51 games in 52 days. So...platoon time in hopes of getting some of the players through it.

1.) I can't remember if there were any personal catcher orders. In any event, Tim Keefe is now caught by Brian Downing. Megatheny gets everyone else.

New Lineups:

Hamilton/Delahanty platoon, LF
Speaker/Chapman platoon, CF
Ott, RF
Murray, 1B
Travis (vs. R)/Vizquel platoon, SS
Collins/Grich platoon, 2B
Megatheny, C
Polanco, 3B
-Pitcher-

Thanks!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Joe Jackson can rest in the minors this week and Goose will come up and play LF in his place.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Goose is a pretty fantastic backup LF.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pander posted:

Goose is a pretty fantastic backup LF.

I should probably give him more play but Shoeless Joe is a hero of mine.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Platoon Whitaker/Molitor for the week!
Robin Roberts to the minors, Silver Kingto LR, Joe Wood to SP1.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Time to make three pitching changes as the bottom of the rotation is a bit poo poo right now.

Please call up:

Dick Rudolph to SP4
Eddie Cicotte to SP5
John Candelaria to SR

Please send down:

Walter Johnson
Carl Hubbell
Mark Melancon

One change to the hitting and fielding:

Lance Berkman plays RF versus RHP this week, benching Heilmann

I enjoyed the New Hoss feature this week, Smasher, even if Krakow is in Malopolska and not Silesia

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Milt Thompson posted:

I enjoyed the New Hoss feature this week, Smasher, even if Krakow is in Malopolska and not Silesia

*invades Poland, redraws borders*

There. Fixed.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i mean, in my crusader kings 2 save, poland is part of Ireland, so

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Craig K posted:

i mean, in my crusader kings 2 save, poland is part of Ireland, so

haha. My CK2 save has the united kingdom of Ireland and Andalusia.

Ireland: start slow and grow.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pander posted:

haha. My CK2 save has the united kingdom of Ireland and Andalusia.

Ireland: start slow and grow.

Mis-read this as the united kingdom of Ireland and Australia. That would be pretty impressive even by CK standards.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Pander posted:

*invades Poland, redraws borders*

There. Fixed.

It's not the first time, and surely won't be the last. What's that, you say, your country was chopped up by occupiers on at least four separate occasions and after the most recent, they gave you a dirty great chunk of Germany in exchange for Lviv, shoddy communism, and a nice pile of nationalist angst? Bardzo dobra!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Milt Thompson posted:

It's not the first time, and surely won't be the last. What's that, you say, your country was chopped up by occupiers on at least four separate occasions and after the most recent, they gave you a dirty great chunk of Germany in exchange for Lviv, shoddy communism, and a nice pile of nationalist angst? Bardzo dobra!

Krakow was made part of Silesia in the Great Harrowing, where most of Poland was moved to the middle of the Indian Ocean. It's not my fault if you don't pay attention to the back story of my film treatments.

Super-League XXIII, Week 19

Kobe Crows
Pedro Borbon (RP) (I'm not speaking to HulkaMatt ever again) - 8 days

Krakow Dragons
Bret Saberhagan (SP) (gently caress! NO! NOT ANOTHER loving LINEUP CHANGE!) - 8 days

Nega Llamas
Ken Forsch (SP) (I do not care. No one cares about Ken Forsch. Not even Bob Forsch.) - 11 days

Portland Panderers
Madison Bumgarner (SP) (I hear you like making lineup changes!) - 8 days
Randy Johnson (SP) (ENJOY!) - 22 days

Pick 'em: Winners Don't Make Lineup Changes

Omni-Titles
"Special Condition: If HulkaMatt Loses, Smasher never speaks to him again for making him do extra work in changing the banner!"
Kobe Crows (c) @ Frogs

Interim European Championship
Ephesus Theologians (c) @ South Dakota Marmosets

Interim United States Championship
Moscow Golden Tsars (c) @ South Bolton Eazy W's

Interim Intercontinental Championship
Rochester Generics (c) @ Sindhi Sheikhs

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Champs retain, I guess.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Omni-Titles
"Special Condition: If HulkaMatt Loses, Smasher never speaks to him again for making him do extra work in changing the banner!"
Kobe Crows (c) @ Frogs

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Champs retain.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Bolton takes and others retain

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Frogs take, the rest retain.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

WEEK 18: Ho Ho, Beri Beri, and Balls

Game of the Weak:

Old McDonald posted:

PART IX - A SUB-PAR SITUATION

The mood back at the group's main base of operations was quite bad. They had lost another member and were now down to three. They had met back at their main base to once again work out their next steps with the Skipper, who had also come back to the base to bring the group up to date with the results the other groups had - and their results weren't much better. The Skipper once more laid out the list of divisions on the table and began to explain. "Alright, so, things aren't good. The Theriot group has found nothing, the Eckstein123 group is half dead and has found nothing, the Punto group is completely dead and we have no idea if they found something, and, well, the Kozma group is also half dead - or in the case of one, might as well be dead - and has found basically nothing. So not only do we have nothing, but the fact that people are dropping like flies means that we're clearly on somebody's trail, and he doesn't want us finding out. So... suggestions?"

The room was silent. The situation was very bad, and there seemed to be no real correct way of approaching things. Eventually, Worse broke the silence. "Since it has become clear that we are targeted, consolidation should be our primary objective. We should be uniting the different groups into one group and only move in force. Subtlety should no longer be an objective - whatever we are chasing already has us on their radar. At the same time, we need to increase our efforts as far as speed is concerned. We need to find out where this is coming from." The Skipper nodded. "Yeah, that's probably the best bet. I'll be trying to bring the other two groups that still remain together so we can move in force, but we'll need to keep moving in the meantime. I think you'd be best off checking out the Machine Guns next. There's been reports of things getting a bit more... unhinged over there, and we might find out something new there." The group agreed to the plan and made for the Transportation System.

Arriving at the Corazon de Oro stadium, the group first decided to camp out in the Transportation System tunnels, as the sounds of gunfire coming from above ground weren't particularly inviting. However, after an entire hour passed and nothing changed, Curt decided to take a look outside - perhaps being a member of the team would allow them safe passage into the stadium. He then returned to the other two and brought them up, for it turned out that the sounds of gunfire were simply being played from speakers to create an auditory ambience fitting for the Machine Guns. They entered the stadium and quickly ran into a player from the Machine Guns in Fred McGriff, who was quite surprised to see Curt. He immediately ran up to the group. "Curt! Where the hell have you been?" Curt was even more confused than usual. "Curt was on a job, like Boss told Curt to do. Why do you ask?"

Fred scratched his head, unsure how to explain the situation. "Well, the Boss has been getting worse recently. I don't know what caused it, and what we can do to fix it, but man, it's not helping. He's barricaded himself in his office and is demanding somebody show up that can fix his pitchers. And you know better than anybody that there just isn't any fixing pitching in this place - it's simply one of the shittiest environments to pitching there is, but I don't think anybody's getting through to him. And, well, given that he has a gun and is not at all shy about using it, as others found out. So, uh, could you maybe try talking to him? Maybe your... basic way of thinking will work with him." "Sure, Curt can talk to Boss. Curt doesn't really know what is going on, but Curt will try to help." "Thanks, man. I knew we could count on you. Uh, apropos of nothing, what color do you prefer for your coffin lining? Violet or black?" "Curt likes blue. Can it be blue?" "...you know what, yeah. You do you, Curt. We'll get you a coffin with blue lining. Also, you two should probably stand back. The Boss is quite the fan of spraying."

Anarchy and Worse heeded McGriff's advice and stayed back while Curt walked up to the double doors behind which Rabidsquid's office lay. He knocked at the door, which was barely still in one piece despite the ton of bullet holes riddling it. "Boss? Can Curt come in?" The lack of immediate gunfire coming his way led Curt to take that as a "yes", and he entered the office. It still looked the same as he remembered it - opulent golden statues, a giant desk in the center, marble floor... and behind the desk, Rabidsquid waving a gun around erratically. Well, that part was different. Curt nonchalantly walked up to the desk and sat down on one of the chairs in front of it. "Hi, Boss. What's going on?" Rabidsquid was so surprised at Curt just walking in and sitting down like that that he didn't even react to it, but after having some time to process it, he started yelling loudly.

"What's going on? I'LL GOD drat TELL YOU WHAT'S GOING ON! My entire loving team is trying to kill me! My hitting stopped hitting, my pitching is garbage, and my loving manager is putting people out there as 'defensive' replacements that don't even remotely make sense! It's clear to me that this team has got it out for me and is trying to drag me down to Hell with them! But not with me! Not with Rabidsquid! I'll gun every last one of these motherfuckers down before they get an opportunity to take me down! That'll show them! The only one that gets to decide when I go to Hell is me, and I have absolute power over every single one of these bastards! They think they can beat me? HA! I'll show them all! I may be dying, but that doesn't mean I'll just roll over! I'll give them some real medic- ...wait, who the hell are you, anyway?" Rabidsquid interrupted his own tirade after finally recognizing the one sitting in front of him. Curt obliged him with an answer.

"Curt is Curt! Doesn't Boss remember Curt?" Rabidquid wracked his brain to try and find an answer, and he eventually got one. "Curt... Curt... that name sounds familiar... wait, Leskanic? That you? Christ, the gently caress happened to you? You look like complete poo poo! Like somebody poked around inside your brain or something!" Curt was genuinely hurt by that response. "So Boss really doesn't remember Curt? After what he did to Curt? Doesn't he remember the one game in September that Curt started, where people hit four big flies off Curt's pitches? And where Curt got taken to that room in the basement after the game? Where they had the needles... and the knives... and the saws... and... and... and then they... they... and it's all because of... because of... YOU!"

Anarchy and Worse were waiting outside, talking to McGriff and some other members of the Machine Guns, trying to figure out whether there was a chance the Machine Guns were the source of the evil threatening the Sub-Par League when the commotion started. A combination of screaming and gunfire started coming from Rabidsquid's office, and the two were torn on whether to storm into the room to try and save Curt or wait it out, lest they be torn to shreds by the gunfire. In the end, they chose the latter option. After a few moments, the gunfire ended, though the screaming continued. Finally, the screaming subsided as well, and they decided to enter the office. They could however not have expected what they saw.

The golden statues and marble floor made a strange contrast to the pool of red that was forming at the center of the room. Also at the center of the room was Rabidsquid, laying on the ground, eyes torn open, still grasping the machine gun he was using, with a gaping wound at his neck making it clear that he wasn't going to be getting up from that. Curt was laying on the ground, giggling softly to himself, blood sprayed on his face and particularly around his mouth. Anarchy and Worse picked Curt up from the ground and carried him out, leaving the others to clean up the mess. They thought it prudent not to ask Curt about what happened and simply accepted that he straight up killed an owner of a team, but given the things that had already happened, and the things that would probably happen until the season ends, that seemed like a minor problem, all things considered.

They decided to leave the stadium and head back to their base to rest up - after those events, some rest would do the whole team good. Upon approaching their base, they once again noticed that lights were on and somebody seemed to be inside the house. Figuring that it was the Skipper again, they simply entered the house. This would turn out to be a mistake, as they were instead set upon by a half dozen monstrosities that defied description. They appeared to look like baseball players, but their faces were horribly disfigured, their uniforms were torn and ragged, and they were dragging a trail of blood wherever they walked. The fight was fierce, but short, as Curt was still in no state to do anything but lay on the ground in a catatonic state, and while Worse and Anarchy were able to take down one of the creatures, the numbers game was against them, and they quickly found themselves incapacitated and restrained.

They figured that they would have died after they were overwhelmed, but it seemed that whoever sent these creatures to attack them had other plans for them, as they were thrown into a helicopter, which took off for an unknown destination. A dozen of the creatures was watching them at all times, making any thought of escape pointless. However, there was also one man on the helicopter that seemed to be normal enough - or at least he seemed that way compared to the others. Anarchy, figuring that his situation probably couldn't get much worse, decided to spit some bile at that man. "Hey, rear end in a top hat! What the gently caress is your deal? loving let us go!" The man hardly reacted. "You will be brought to our master, for he has called for you to be gathered. That is our purpose, and that we will fulfill." Anarchy wasn't happy with that answer. "For gently caress's sake, at least tell us where the hell you're bringing us!" "That I can do. We are going to Vietnam."

The Rakers, the.

Weathering that injury storm pretty darn well.

The back end of the rotation just isn't there, no matter what you try. Fortunately, if you end up in the Gauntlet you can go with 4 pitchers pretty easily.

Make roster changes or face the consequences, I think.

If nothing else, Ultimo Reliever is proving that there's a guy out there none of you are using who's actually really good.

Something's gotta stop this skid.

OK, you're back to .500. Now start winning.

A 3-4 week? That's not gonna help JEB!

You're not so far out of first that it's impossible. And you're really close to getting your big guns back.

Well...at least Yog-Sothoth is doing what I wanted. There's just not enough offense complimenting his defensive skills.

Treading water, but with your competition falling back, you're just running out the clock.

Who is even the backup SS on this team? Zobrist?

Jimmy Ballgame!

Is this the season where Mexico City gets over the hump and back to the bigs?

Can't anyone on this team hit?

I'm so, so sorry.

For all the fuss, you've weathered teh rotation injuries just fine.

Look at that nerd Tris Speaker, not being sore and tired like his mates.

Will White struck out 6 batters this week and I'm very disappointed in him.

OK, put Collins back.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Edit: upon further reflection, Frogs win, rest retain.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 14, 2017

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Did you make my last changes after this sim?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Harlock posted:

Did you make my last changes after this sim?

Your changes were after I posted the injury report.

So by definition, yes.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Nega Llamas
Ken Forsch (SP) (I do not care. No one cares about Ken Forsch. Not even Bob Forsch.) - 11 days

I care about Ken Forsch! If only for being part of the first ECVIII write up simply so I could make a Star Wars joke...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

No DH lineup:

1. Ted Williams
2. Rod Carew
3. Arky Vaughan
4. Mel Ott
5. Bill Terry
6. Bill Dahlen
7. Al Simmons
8. Carlton Fisk
9. Pitcher

Clangbang
Jun 3, 2016
Injured Philippe and Adams to the DL

(1) Ford takes Phillipes spot
(2) Mel Stottlemyre takes Adams Spot
(3)Thornton Lee replaces Ford in LR

Goslin Replaces Ruth in LF
Aaron Replaces Gwynn in RF

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Collins is already back at the 3 spot in both no DH lineups already? No? It looks like he's back in the lineup against RHP in no-DH lineups. If he's not there in either lineup then put him at 2B in the 3 hole!

Put George Kell back at third in all lineups.

DL John Smoltz and I guess call up Marc Rzepczynski

bullpen changes:

Setup: Rob Dibble
Short relief: Joakim Soria
Short relief: Greg Holland
Middle relief: Marc Rzepczynski

Thanks!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

All champs lose!

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Luna Landers

Okay, that half-worked. Let's adjust it a little further, I guess.

vs R, DH:

LF Rickey Henderson
DH Manny Ramirez
CF Jim Edmonds
3B Jimmie Foxx
RF Frank Robinson
SS Bobby Grich
C Joe Mauer
2B Joe Gordon
1B John Olerud

vs L, DH:

LF Rickey
DH Manny
CF DiMaggio
1B Foxx
RF Robinson
SS Grich
C Bench
3B Bob Elliott
2B Gordon

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Frogs win rest retain

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Omni-Titles
Kobe Crows (c) @ Frogs

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Omni-Titles
Kobe Crows (c) @ Frogs

I wouldn't make a lineup change after the next update if you didn't hurt Bumgarner and Johnson :(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Champions retain, AMEN

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

Ruth to majors, Killebrew to minors for rest.

Speaker CF
Gehrig 1B
Ruth RF
Dickey C
Chapman LF
Sewell 3B
Whittaker 2B
Trammell SS
Pitcher

If DH is needed, Chapman to RF, Davis to LF and Ruth to DH as follows:

Speaker CF
Gehrig 1B
Ruth DH
Chapman RF
Dickey C
Davis LF
Sewell 3B
Whittaker 2B
Trammell SS

Phillippe back to the rotation wherever he slots when active please, Gibson Jr back to the Rotation and Grove to LR.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Call Strasburg up, send Zimmerman down, and put Strasburg in Zimmerman's place. Also, toss down Charleston, move Cool Papa Bell to CF in all lineups, and call up Ian Desmond to play SS in all lineups so Ernie Banks doesn't get injured.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

fart, replace Banks with Alomar tia

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Olympia Owlbears

Murcer up, White down
Han-Ram up, Abreu down

Lineup vs RHP (no-DH)
3B Boggs
1B Gehrig
RF Berkman
2B Cano
LF Murcer
CF Mays
C I-Rod
SS Yount
-Pitcher-

Lineup vs LHP (no-DH)
LF Rickey
3B Rolen
2B LeMahieu
CF Mays
C I-Rod
1B Gehrig
SS Yount
RF Berkman
-Pitcher-

Joe Wood up to LR, Stottlemyre down.

Welp.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pick'Em: Frogs take, rest retain.

Can I have a new division? This one's broken. In the others, I'd be like four games out at the most, and here I'm in a distant fourth place, closer to JEB! than I am to the top. Balls.

Cancel all platoons and go back to just the RHP lineup.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

TheMcD posted:

Pick'Em: Frogs take, rest retain.

Can I have a new division? This one's broken. In the others, I'd be like four games out at the most, and here I'm in a distant fourth place, closer to JEB! than I am to the top. Balls.

Cancel all platoons and go back to just the RHP lineup.

Get a load of "oh man I've got such an unlucky division" from Mr. I-Won-My-Division-Twice-Winning-83-and-85-Games over here.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Sheikhs take, rest retain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

:siren:Oh no it's yet another line-up change:siren:

Please replace the injured Saberhagen with Tim Keefe.