Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Weird antidote, when I was in high school, I was obsessed with Snyder's visual style, that I pretty much copied it whenever I could. I lightly desaturated, and contrasted everything I made. It did make my work stand out then. I still like that style and I find myself going back to it here and there.

Which is kind of why Man of Steel was weird to me. That isn't really his style. He's never been one for handheld camera work. It's usually very locked down, but still frenetic and stylized. So MOS took me by surprise a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
Man, people like to argue fascist themes, but I can't help but think retroactive Xerxes-as-Obama-parody defines the chuds' adoption of the film. He just fits their anxieties about Obama like a prophetic glove.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Weird antidote, when I was in high school, I was obsessed with Snyder's visual style, that I pretty much copied it whenever I could. I lightly desaturated, and contrasted everything I made. It did make my work stand out then. I still like that style and I find myself going back to it here and there.

Which is kind of why Man of Steel was weird to me. That isn't really his style. He's never been one for handheld camera work. It's usually very locked down, but still frenetic and stylized. So MOS took me by surprise a little bit.

I think MoS is different because he wasn't working with Larry Fong on that one

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mr. Apollo posted:

I wonder if it’ll be weird or jarring that the film was shot with a certain color palette in mind and then specific scenes were re-colored.

There's a good chance this is what people are referring to when complaining about the 'poor CGI' in the film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

oshuaj posted:

I think MoS is different because he wasn't working with Larry Fong on that one

It's mostly handheld.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Executives watch rough JL cut
"We need to reshoot 50% of this."
Whedon 120 million dollars and six months of reshoots
1) scene of fat Ben Affleck asking about Atlantis
2) red filter on everything
3) cgi cavil stache
Nailed it. High fives for everyone.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Weird antidote,

Anecdote, although the only reason I'm posting to correct you is cause "weird antidote" would make a kickass name for something (like a punk band or an indie body horror film)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

of all the things changed in comic movies, letting Superman have a cool stache somehow isn't one of them, which is bullshit. we missed our chance for a mulleted mustachioed Superman coming back from the grave and destroying parademons as Careless Whisper plays in the background

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

DLC Inc posted:

of all the things changed in comic movies, letting Superman have a cool stache somehow isn't one of them, which is bullshit. we missed our chance for a mulleted mustachioed Superman coming back from the grave and destroying parademons as Careless Whisper plays in the background

Truly a missed opportunity as we could have a future shot of him older (possibly played by Tom Selleck) in Hawaii driving a bitching sports car, and going on adventures solving crimes with his side kick Alfred.

#magnummanofsteel

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Instead of CGI-ing out the mustache, they should have CGI-ed in a matching beard.

And a mullet.

poo poo, they way Snyder loves his Jesus metaphors, you'd think it would have been a prerequisite

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Diabetic posted:

side kick Alfred

Played by Italian Job-era Michael Caine.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

josh04 posted:

Played by Italian Job-era Michael Caine.

I'll also accept a resurrected Higgins.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

yeah tbf making the Mother Boxes into Infinity Stones is super dumb.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I had your Mother Box last night, heh heh.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

porfiria posted:

I had your Mother Box last night, heh heh.

:drat:

:smith:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Part of one of the credits scenes has leaked online.

Luthor and Deathstroke meet to discuss forming a supervillain team.

The other one is supposedly a Superman/Flash race.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Barry Convex posted:

Part of one of the credits scenes has leaked online.

Luthor and Deathstroke meet to discuss forming a supervillain team.

The other one is supposedly a Superman/Flash race.
I’ve heard about the second post credit scene a few times. Apparently it’s a reoccurring joke in the movie.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

dork circles are up in arms about the amazon armor but then they've done nothing but bitch about JL from day one so :shrug:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

CelticPredator posted:

It makes a lot of sense if the reason his camera work was always locked down was that visual effects required static shots but later wasn't anymore after digital effects got WAY better about moving shots.

Like he didn't pick his earlier work to have very static cameras, it just was required to get the cool effects. Now it's less required.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Can someone just post a bunch of BvS screenshot.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

what parts you want?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Guy A. Person posted:

Anecdote, although the only reason I'm posting to correct you is cause "weird antidote" would make a kickass name for something (like a punk band or an indie body horror film)

Auto correct is the biggest bitch Alice on this world

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
a good selection.

Sir Kodiak, can you whip up a nice quality gif of the nuke launch?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that second credits scene basically confirms an earlier script leak that was on here

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Sir Kodiak, can you whip up a nice quality gif of the nuke launch?

https://i.imgur.com/cCErmdJ.gifv

Bonus:

https://i.imgur.com/0MthkiB.gifv

And one for the Wonder Woman fans:

https://i.imgur.com/0tFC2JK.gifv

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 13, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

People actually look at this and say this is a bad movie?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Cool how about the baroque painting at the end.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

UmOk posted:

People actually look at this and say this is a bad movie?

Well, it sure is a great source for pretty screenshots.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Cool how about the baroque painting at the end.

Habibi posted:

Well, it sure is a great source for pretty screenshots.

drat straight

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Whatever you think of the film itself, this seems like a pretty tacky stunt on RT's part.

https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/...186287390138368

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

Whatever you think of the film itself, this seems like a pretty tacky stunt on RT's part.

https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/...186287390138368

hahahahahahahaha

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
GRAND REVEAL: Is Snyder's latest a "Sweet Hamhock" or a "Discarded Snakeskin"? Tune in tomorrow on MoviePoopChute.com to find out!!!!

WEEDGAMER REACTS TO: JUSTICE LEAGUE TOMATOMETER REVEAL!

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I love that shot.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rotten Tomatoes is a loving cancer

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MacheteZombie posted:

hahahahahahahaha

This is kind of amazing

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Guy A. Person posted:

Oof yeah, that's pretty bad

Unfortunate, the big battle hammer is pretty sick

In what way is it bad?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

In what way is it bad?

Most will say the exposure of her abdomen/vital organs. If you cover her abs it's basically the same as her WW costume though so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

teagone posted:

Most will say the exposure of her abdomen/vital organs. If you cover her abs it's basically the same as her WW costume though so :shrug:

The 'battle bikini' complaint is about body conformity and conventional beauty. It's usually 'bad' because the insistence is that the woman be a busty model with a childlike face, rather than a jacked shotputter. The complaint that it's bad because a woman is showing her midriff is bizarrely puritanical.