Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The catch for the move tutors is that you have to get good at Mantine Surf or wait until the Battle Tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Give every poke stealth rock.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dehry posted:

The catch for the move tutors is that you have to get good at Mantine Surf or wait until the Battle Tree.

can't you just transfer over BP from the bank?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sharrrk posted:

what are the death rules

Nuzlockes?

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Platinum's Battle Island struck a good medium. You get your battle facilities, a tiny version of the region to explore, rematches of the gym leaders and the other dorks you helped, your own beach-side manor, and an extension of the Galactic plot with your pal Looker to this tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJfRE0rs2kE

I genuinely feel Platinum did post-game the best. You have the Frontier if you like bullshit and unfair challenges that aren't remotely fun and can gently caress you over and make you lose a lot of time, you have moments of characterization for hte rest of the minor cast, an actual continuation of the main plot that's better than the main plot (though that's not hard), and a nice new place to explore. And hell, even a pretty nice final challenge in the high-level rematch with your rival.

I'm no fan of Sinnoh but Platinum is a great game and that's very much a part of it. I'd like something like that again, but meanwhile, I appreciate the Looker plots in XY and SM, as well as the Delta Episode.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

Give every poke stealth rock.

give every poke a second ability that sets stealth rocks, and make stealth rocks stack

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

I genuinely feel Platinum did post-game the best. You have the Frontier if you like bullshit and unfair challenges that aren't remotely fun and can gently caress you over and make you lose a lot of time, you have moments of characterization for hte rest of the minor cast, an actual continuation of the main plot that's better than the main plot (though that's not hard), and a nice new place to explore. And hell, even a pretty nice final challenge in the high-level rematch with your rival.

I'm no fan of Sinnoh but Platinum is a great game and that's very much a part of it. I'd like something like that again, but meanwhile, I appreciate the Looker plots in XY and SM, as well as the Delta Episode.

Agreed. The high level gym leader rematches were also pretty great. I did them all the time to level up newly trained Pokemon.

I'm also a big fan on the post game in BW2. Pokemon Workd Tournament was awesome and I liked getting the medals for completing mono-typed runs of the Elite Four. I would pick a team, run through the Elite Four, then go through Pokemon World Tournament.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Platinum had a good post-game. The ultra world stuff sounds fun for USUM, though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

what are the death rules

1) be nice to me

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeenageArchipelago posted:

give every poke a second ability that sets stealth rocks, and make stealth rocks stack

Amen. The wise master wins his battles before they begin (Because he set enough stealth rocks for a OHKO). This is the way to enlightenment.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also just got Pokemon Ultra Time and wow, did Hau curse this much in the last game? I'm only on the 5th island (where you battle Mario) and he's already called me the "C" word like 4 times.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
He did, yeah

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

1) be nice to me

done

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Platinum's Battle Island struck a good medium. You get your battle facilities, a tiny version of the region to explore, rematches of the gym leaders and the other dorks you helped, your own beach-side manor, and an extension of the Galactic plot with your pal Looker to this tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJfRE0rs2kE

Truly the highlight of Diamond and Pearl was the soundtrack.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

Truly the highlight of Diamond and Pearl was the soundtrack.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYaYEEWkthI

It most definitely was

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
*tripping over cords and piles of unwashed clothes, gasping for breath* DID SOMEONE SAY DPP SOUNDTRACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJCbXa57Hw&t=52s

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
So I decided to play through Platinum again, and god drat breeding is difficult. I'd totally forgotten what a disaster it used to be. First of all, the Judge: He's locked behind beating the E4, he'll only tell you one of your mon's best stats at a time, and which one he tells you is random. I had a mon with 31 in Att and SpA, and he told me SpA like 5 times before saying Att, and then it took another 3 SpA's before he said Att again because I needed to confirm it. Also Everstone only passes nature 50% of the time and has to be held by the female. Three IVs are passed down between the parents, and which ones those are are random with no way of influencing them, to my knowledge.
Also I decided I wanted a new Gallade. So I want a Male Adamant Ralts with 31 in HP, Attack, and Speed. I had great luck in that I already had Raltses with HP and Attack, now I'm just waiting for a 31 in speed to appear among one of the progeny. Got every other drat stat to drop a 31, still waiting on speed. And I just know it's gonna eventually appear in a non-Adamant female, just to make it even harder on me.
Yep, this is one way to waste a long weekend. But gently caress it, it's winter and the bus schedule was three days in a row of Sunday/Holiday so getting anywhere in my assy town sucks anyway, might as well stay in and do some video game eugenics.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

less laughter posted:

Minior's tutor moves in USUM: Iron Head, Gravity, Magnet Rise, Last Resort, Zen Headbutt, Snore, Endeavor, Stealth Rock, Telekinesis
SIGH

Couldn't even give it drill peck, huh? (It's got pointy bits you could use to drill, gently caress you.)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it has acrobatics doesn't it? that's waaay better than drill peck, especially with all the great consumable items that exist now

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
If I have Sun, does it matter which of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon I get? I remember with Black 2 and White 2 you were supposed to get White 2 if you had White, and Black 2 if you had Black. It looks from the op as though maybe it's the opposite here, because if I got Ultra Sun I'd get another Solgaleo?

I looked in the op and the last few pages but didn't find this addressed.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hammerite posted:

If I have Sun, does it matter which of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon I get? I remember with Black 2 and White 2 you were supposed to get White 2 if you had White, and Black 2 if you had Black. It looks from the op as though maybe it's the opposite here, because if I got Ultra Sun I'd get another Solgaleo?

Yeah, they mostly have the same exclusives so if you have Sun you might want to grab Ultra Moon so you have an even spread.

:shrug:

I'm going Moon-> Ultra Sun. Mostly so I can get a Passimian in the story because Rugby Monkey has always been cool.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zore posted:

Yeah, they mostly have the same exclusives so if you have Sun you might want to grab Ultra Moon so you have an even spread.

I'm going Moon-> Ultra Sun. Mostly so I can get a Passimian in the story because Rugby Monkey has always been cool.

I'm doing the opposite, Sun -> Ultra Moon, though entirely because the two open spots in my Livingdex right now are Cosmoem and Lunala so Sun is worthless to me.

I can just give myself any normal Pokemon I want so it's no big deal.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I bought sun. I'm actually probably going to get Ultra Sun because there are a ton of legendaries I don't have and the exclusives in Sun are better. I am banking on Celesteecla and Pheramosa being easier to come by now that there are apparently an unlimited number obtainable per save file.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I'm also going from Sun to Ultra Moon. I will be glad to finally wear my preferred clothing colours from the beginning of the game.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m going from Moon to Ultra Sun. The lack of blue is going to suck but otherwise I’m ready to actually use Vulpix for once in my life.

And see Alola at night since I only play video games in the wee hours of the morning half the time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hopeandjoy posted:

I’m going from Moon to Ultra Sun. The lack of blue is going to suck but otherwise I’m ready to actually use Vulpix for once in my life.

And see Alola at night since I only play video games in the wee hours of the morning half the time.

I'm gonna just bank in a vulpix and a ditto, it's just not right if Nebby isn't a moonbat

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Zore posted:

Better hope Passimian has a better encounter rate than he did in Sun, where it was 5% in exactly one area. I bought Sun partly for one and I still don't have it

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hammerite posted:

I'm going from Sun and Moon to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon because I have more money than sense and friends to trade with.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i remember specifically hunting down an Oranguru to use for my story run, that mon is Not Very Good in singles. fortunately its the campaign so i still beat it without issue 10 levels underleveled

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I enjoyed Oranguru, not a good competitive guy but a nice 'mon in general.

Eager to get Rugby Monkey in my US playthrough though.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Is there a good collection of videos like this one where the audience completely breaks down because of talking Pikachu in the latest Pokemon movie?

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/930126330615730182

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chieves posted:

Is there a good collection of videos like this one where the audience completely breaks down because of talking Pikachu in the latest Pokemon movie?

Jeez, this is terrible.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It was... probably the weakest part of the movie yes.

Though what brought me out of it was it not being Ikue’s voice. :v: Apparently I can accept all stupidity as long as it sounds right to my ears.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

hopeandjoy posted:

Though what brought me out of it was it not being Ikue’s voice. :v: Apparently I can accept all stupidity as long as it sounds right to my ears.

Comedy answer, Norio Wakamoto.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kurieg posted:

Comedy answer, Norio Wakamoto.

Localized comedy answer, Danny Devito.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Chieves posted:

I can't even make out what is being said over the audience losing their mind. I didn't want to leave you?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Localized comedy answer, Danny Devito.

Serious answer, Danny Devito.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Parrotine posted:

Serious answer, Danny Devito.

An acceptable compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dienes posted:

I can't even make out what is being said over the audience losing their mind. I didn't want to leave you?

iirc

Ash: Pikachu... why won't you enter your Poke Ball?
Pikachu: It's because... I always... want to be by your side.

Also, in case people didn't know, in the anime Pikachu actually has specific sounds he makes for different people. They stopped doing it for companions after Dawn iirc, but he still calls Ash "Pikapi" which is meant to sound like his Japanese name "Satoshi".

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 14, 2017