Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

also if they were concerned about the barbed wire they could like, cut it, with an axe

To be fair, that's actually kinda hard to do, just like cutting a fence. I'm really not sure it'd work with an axe like people think (it's certainly true that you can't just axe a lock/metal chain). Still doesn't change the fact that they had a lot of other options.

LinkesAuge fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He cut a dude in half longways beforehand

he also cut a zombie's head off with a saber

https://i.imgur.com/uUaIuxO.gifv

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bit late to this party, but considering I've been cheering for the zombies the whole previous season plus this one, thanks loads for this.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
For all the crap I’ve heaped on this show I thought at the very least Ezekiel’s speech at the beginning of the episode was very well done.

But the mechanics of that 50 cal scene how it killed everyone in an incredibly wide killing field except Carol and some other guy. That’s pretty ridiculous.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 14, 2017

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I decided to watch the episode stoned and afterwards was thinking that I must have had stronger stuff than I thought.

You're all telling me that episode was as wacky as I thought?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kelly posted:

Are there like, two roads in all of Virginia or wherever they are supposed to be?

You get outside of the cities and yeah pretty much :banjo:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Also what a loving ignominious end for Shiva. Died so her master could get up a 4 foot ridge.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/grOLLx3.gifv

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

THANK YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

A big problem for me is that after 8 seasons of this poo poo it's all still in a forested area, the background never changes. It's so drat stale.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
https://i.imgur.com/v23urLi.mp4

I'm no moist turtleneck, but I probably spent as long on this as they (they show editors) did.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 14, 2017

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

I'm no moist turtleneck, but I probably spent as long on this as they did.

Haha there's literally a fake fun gunshot CGI right over Rick's face

On a glass windshield

With a .50 caliber whatever

On par with the course

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ahahahahaha holy poo poo this is perfect

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Barreft posted:

A big problem for me is that after 8 seasons of this poo poo it's all still in a forested area, the background never changes. It's so drat stale.

I'd love if they did a season where it was just winter. Like no big baddie, no huge overreaching conflicts. Just dealing with a really bad winter, and what that'd entail. Sure there'd need to be some interpersonal drama, but when it is so cold, your best option is to load up houses with as many warm bodies as possible instead of 2 people to a house crap, it's going to happen.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

I decided to watch the episode stoned and afterwards was thinking that I must have had stronger stuff than I thought.

You're all telling me that episode was as wacky as I thought?

Possibly wackier.

Loving the gifs.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Johnny Truant posted:

On a glass windshield

On par with the course

Nevermind that both the operator, driver and the pursuers would likely all be disoriented/deaf just from a .50 cal firing that much. Those things are loud af. Like...there is so much wrong with that sequence, it's amazing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

The highlight for me was when, during her epic save, Carol just sort of disinterestedly wiggles her gun around a bit to simulate recoil while bad CG flew out of the end of it.

By next season they'll just have the cast use sticks for guns and make them do gun noises with their mouths.

I'd watch the next season for sure if they strip the budget down to the point this becomes Monty Python's Walking Dead.

If Daryl runs up holding a handlebar going "BRRRRRRRRRR" followed by people clapping coconuts together on "horseback" I'm all in for 10 more seasons

Le Saboteur posted:

For all the crap I’ve heaped on this show I thought at the very least Ezekiel’s speech at the beginning of the episode was very well done.

Maybe if it wasn't speech #9 since they left that morning in-story yeah. If he'd been less busy giving speeches he'd not been standing around with his back turned to an enemy base where they were looking for heavy guns in the open.

I mean I don't think anyone's mentioned it but it's hilarious in context. I think most people think they got ambushed but that was a SAVIOR OUTPOST they were literally standing in a big field outside chatting so...

Le Saboteur posted:

But the mechanics of that 50 cal scene how it killed everyone in an incredibly wide killing field except Carol and some other guy. That’s pretty ridiculous.

Carol I could buy getting away because she started running for cover. But .50 cal would go through like, 5 people like butter. Them jumping on the King would have had absolutely done NOTHING to stop a .50.

Then again it'd also obliterated the jeep engine in 1-2 hits so

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 14, 2017

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Johnny Truant posted:

On a glass windshield

On par with the course

I'm honestly surprised they made the wounds from the 50 cal looking somewhat right on the dead kingdom soldiers. I knew they couldn't possibly be consistent with it though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JossiRossi posted:

I'm no moist turtleneck, but I probably spent as long on this as they (they show editors) did.

The original was so dumb I actually couldn't tell at first if you edited this at all

When I did go back and watch the real one though there's like 4 .50 cal bullets that land on the thin metal RIGHT IN FRONT OF RICK but not a single hole gets put in that jeep... holy fuckballs

Theory: The cocaine budget tripled last season so there's no room for actual special effects people

I don't think I can ever stop this show as long as Moist Turtleneck keeps putting out the gifs like this, Goddamn

You're a treasure to the thread, Turtleneck

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 14, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
is it upside down day? i just googled "negan is too likeable" and all the articles are about how actually he's ruining the show. Jefferey Dean Morgan is simply putting way too much humanity into him, especially in the "i'm bustin' your balls kid" stuff with Corl

he's also more good-hateable than the governator was

also i swear i watched season 6 but did rick and michonne get together offscreen or were their scenes so forgettable i.. forgot them?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

is it upside down day? i just googled "negan is too likeable" and all the articles are about how actually he's ruining the show. Jefferey Dean Morgan is simply putting way too much humanity into him, especially in the "i'm bustin' your balls kid" stuff with Corl

he's also more good-hateable than the governator was

People are dumb and AMC is the dumbest of all. Everyone was blaming, last season, that Negan and things being "too dark and violent" ruined the show and NO, that never did. Morgan has been doing great.

Yet I hate Negan. Why? Plot armor. The fact that the writers keep making him prance about smugly giving his speeches in scenes where, in the comics he was well protected, on the show he's just.. loving dumb. He keeps walking right in front of bullets and people talking FOREVER about killing him, but then always freeze, stop, or just don't when they can. It's not bad luck or clever actions on Negan's part it's just that they.... don't shoot him. Happens over and over and over again to the point it's almost parody. Happened this season too, with him just prancing out CLOSER than the guards they just killed to smack talk Rick.. with like 100 guns pointed at him. And nobody shot, loving again.

I know they have a "plan" this time but after a whole season of that poo poo gently caress you, Walking Dead

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yea Negan's plot armor is getting really dumb and i'm not even done with S7. i had to take a break after Corl had a loving machine gun pointed directly at him, when Corl's entire reason for living at that moment was to shoot Negan, and he... just... didn't.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Barreft posted:

Global warming will change the landscape of Georgia by season 21.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/j7JwXIV.mp4

This was actually longer, but the way it cut off actually is funnier than what I'd had after it. So it works out.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

CODChimera posted:

So what's the count on the redshirts? Zero idea on how many have died or how are are still left. Honestly I doubt the writers know either. Also the trash people are still yet to do anything.

Well, the Ezekiel's people except for the fat guy and the woman (Diana?) are all dead, a few Hilltop guys, and Francine and Eric from Rick's squad. Also Morales and Shiva. And I'd say like at least twenty background Saviors per episode. The numbers are very 'fluid'.

The big issue is, and always has been, that the show doesn't do poo poo with the b-cast. In the comics, Nicholas (got Noah eaten, dumpster suicide guy) was actually sort of a major player in the war, and Eric was way more integrated into the group and had more stuff going on than just 'boyfriend of a guy with slightly more screen time'

E: MT, that Wet Hot American Summer gif was incredible!

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Reivur
Nov 9, 2013

You're seriously going to kill me through the internet via laughter at this rate. Good lord.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
This thread makes the show tolerable

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I do like how the only way they know how to add any tension or a scenario where anyone would be in any danger is to make everyone a complete idiot who would never figure out the most obvious solution.

It all reminds me of that GoT episode where they are on the icy lake and nothing they do makes any sense before, during or after their epic mission.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

yea Negan's plot armor is getting really dumb and i'm not even done with S7. i had to take a break after Corl had a loving machine gun pointed directly at him, when Corl's entire reason for living at that moment was to shoot Negan, and he... just... didn't.

Whatever you think of the comic I saw the same scene in the comics for comparison and it's amazing how AMC hosed up all the small details in the sequence, so a lot of people go "But in the comics this happened!"

In the comic for reference Carl comes out shooting, takes a straight up full burst at Negan and hits someone else, gets knocked on his rear end and disarmed by Dwight and then Negan gives the speech. He didn't stand in front of him whistling and dancing around while he was armed. It's amazing how they can gently caress this up with a loving premade storyboard.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So just to recap this season so far, the plan was to kill Negan and therefore no other casualties would be needed, but instead we get 4 episodes of war for...reasons?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JossiRossi posted:

https://i.imgur.com/j7JwXIV.mp4

This was actually longer, but the way it cut off actually is funnier than what I'd had after it. So it works out.

Oh my God.

If this gif'ing continues this will my sole reason to look forward to each episode. This thread has honestly produced some of the funniest animated gifs in any thread on TVIV. There are some real gems here. I almost want archive access because it's been a goldmine since like season 2.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GobiasIndustries posted:

So just to recap this season so far, the plan was to kill Negan and therefore no other casualties would be needed, but instead we get 4 episodes of war for...reasons?

Next time on Walking Dead

*Speech*
BANGBANGBANGBANG
*Strawman Debate*
BANGBANGBANGBANG
*"Art" moment, Flashback, or Arty Flashback
BANGBANG
*Sad Song*
*Credits*

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

This episode was entertaining to me because it entertained me.

Needs less zombies, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I feel completely out of touch with what the general public wants out of this show because I loved the oceanside episode

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

I feel completely out of touch with what the general public wants out of this show because I loved the oceanside episode

Which one?

The first one was OK. The second was one was loving BULLSHIT. If you heard people bitching about the Oceanside episode, it's the second one, which is dumb as all gently caress on a hundred levels.

Hint: The most heavily armed group, the Ocean Side people, don't carry any guns on them at all and leave them all locked up in one place and on top of that they won't actually shoot anyone trying to take them.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I'd like to think I was the inspiration for this.

Also, at the beginning of this gif (to motivate why Victor is on foot), you need to put in the scene where Victor crashes the van for absolutely no reason. It's right at home in TWD.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I thought about splicing the van crash with the humvee crash but it was already way too long

Might have to do a prequel

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Who the gently caress are the ocean side people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The amazon woman settlement made of the wives and kids of men that tried to defy Negan

They had a bunch of guns but Things Happened when they met up with Rick's group and so they went back to hide