Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
quinn is a psyop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Joke: Ez is the best adc in the game now because he has infinite mana and can abuse all the best runes, plus game times are hell of short so his poor scaling doesn’t matter.
Woke: I’ve discovered the one good Ez build. It’s three sheens and three frozen hearts.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Same except it's Malphite with three frozen hearts, an IBG and a seraph's embrace

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Support MF? Just max E and throw it out constantly

Wait is support MF real?? Can you explain

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

gowb posted:

you max E and cast it on cd

it was a zyra counter a few seasons ago

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
While I realize this thread would like nothing more than to de-politicize ezreal, let me start by asserting that naming the keystone rune which is clearly optimal for him "kleptomancy" is particularly funny to me as it carries a host of both socio-economic and practo-economic implications which, when married to riot's currently unstated but assumed political leanings, vividly underscore

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Sheen and glacial shroud have been getting along all movie solving problems and then at the start of act 3 they have a confusing and pointless fight, turning into frozen heart and lich bane before reuniting just in time to type “9x report kindred just farm all game gg” at the climax.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

d0grent posted:

How easy is it to dodge arcane comet? I got the impression that it's intended to be used only by people who have slows/poke cc but I've been seeing people take it without either of those in their kits.

https://plays.tv/video/5a0a183574597565cd/knifecats-and-chasing-comets

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So taking Arcane Comet on Karthus is immensely satisfying when you ult and the comet flies across the map and gets the kill for ya.

Anyone know if it prioritizes the closest champion or the lowest health one? My guess is the former.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Probably spawn order aka pick order. Top, jungle, mid, bot, support. Unless they traded.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Teemo feels like even more of an evil little bastard now.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

Teemo feels like even more of an evil little bastard now.

aery is incredible for him. improves his mushroom damage cross-map and during earlygame fights can trigger twice off of poison

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Kevens going through every champ suggested as good now frowning and stamping a big DENIED on them but when he gets to teemo he checks the numbers and has no choice but to admit that teemo is somehow a top tier top laner now.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Re: comet, I tried it on Zyra and it's good on her e, but I'm not 100% sold because it can proc at kind of useless times off plant autos, and aerie still seems pretty decent on her. I feel like comet should be the clear choice on her if it is on anyone, but idk.

Mystery Prize posted:

Same except it's Malphite with three frozen hearts, an IBG and a seraph's embrace

Zed, stack only cleavers, get the adaptive ad on cdr.

Welcome back, league of cleavers.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I am still 100% convinced grasp on shen is disgustingly busted, and combining that with ultimate hat and (YOU FUCKIN GUESSED IT BOYO) Transcendance lets you be a monster late with a 80 second ulti cooldown.

Also, mundo pressing E with a grasp proc and doing like 800 damage will never not be funny.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is udyr good now

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Mystery Prize posted:

Thoughts on Press the Attack Udyr over Lethal Tempo? He procs it fairly easily if you have any attack speed at all and it makes him shred people.
IMO PTA is superior for Udyr unless you're going 100% full damage. It has both a higher pickrate and winrate than Lethal Tempo, too.

gowb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv9Ku5oy2ss&t=311s
It was really good into Zyra and support Malz, two big picks late last year/early this year.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

aery is incredible for him. improves his mushroom damage cross-map and during earlygame fights can trigger twice off of poison
There were a lot of top laners who could previously set runes/masteries to go even with him in lane and then outscale him with item powerspikes or just teamfight better than him, but most of those picks really don't want to go defensive in their runes now. That + Aery being really strong for him result in his already strong lane phase being even more oppressive vs lots of champs. Also games end quicker so him winning lane matters more. He's not quite as good as this thread might have you believe but the rune changes were pretty good for him.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I haven’t really enjoyed a carry besides vayne and ez boy so far this patch. Twitch and Ashe get demolished by Lulu and Bork in general feels terrible because nobody is tanky anyway so you’re just taking forever to kill the enemy mid/ad

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
After 7 years I can finally see if my FWOTD bonus is available without having to dig in my profile or look at match history.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Not super happy that the the little aery pet thing is the new go-to summoner for AP that used to take deathfire and thunderlords mostly because comet is a unreliable piece of poo poo for the most part.

The comet is basically a karthus Q, if the opponent is moving at boot2 speed it will miss if they just don't stop moving.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
(It’s a control mage rune)

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

pahuyuth posted:

So taking Arcane Comet on Karthus is immensely satisfying when you ult and the comet flies across the map and gets the kill for ya.

Anyone know if it prioritizes the closest champion or the lowest health one? My guess is the former.
Assuming it operates like Echoes, it prioritizes the nearest champion to Karthus.

Yes. He was good prior to the big rune shakedown due to changes to his kit (base AD buff, slight tune up on tiger scaling) and the buff to Sterakk's (which pairs well with Triforce, and item you want to get). Press the Attack makes him a very lethal threat as well, since +16% damage on your fast autos and Tiger DoT (plus friends' damage) is a truckload.

Tempo is REALLY fun on him, but it's impractical and you probably won't really get lots of mileage out of it since Udyr already maims targets in a short enough window that by the time Tempo turns on they're either dead, locked down and soon to be dead, or have popped summoners/peeled you off.

Drone_Fragger posted:

I am still 100% convinced grasp on shen is disgustingly busted, and combining that with ultimate hat and (YOU FUCKIN GUESSED IT BOYO) Transcendance lets you be a monster late with a 80 second ulti cooldown.

Also, mundo pressing E with a grasp proc and doing like 800 damage will never not be funny.
Grasp is good on literally anyone who wants to build tanky and relies on auto-attacking people. I've similarly been singing praises for Tahm Kench since you now get to start the game with a huge chunk of HP (if you start D. Shield you walk into lane with like 890 or something dumb), and he makes good use of Grasp's damage and bonus HP. Against melee lane tops I've been routinely able to get between 150-300 HP out of it, which - damage and healing aside - is like 1-2 Ruby Crystals worth of HP a game for free. Approach Velocity also means that if you get hit by Tongue Lash you are almost certainly going to get Devoured unless you've got good disengage.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Grasp is good & the tank tree is better than people thought at first I'm fairly sure. Like maokai's kind of crazy actually.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I'm kind of surprised that Second Wind's only cooldown is the 10 seconds that it's active. I've been getting 400+ hp healing off of it before my first back, which is like going into lane with three extra potions. All of the free healing gives you a lot of sustain in lane and makes it hard to push you off farm or out of lane even in losing matchups.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

What does Tom Clench want in the Strength category (obviously font of life if support but what about solo?)?

And does he want biscuit delivery or something else from inspiration?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Teikanmi posted:

There’s only been one good Jhin skin so far and it was SKT Jhin. This one looks lame as gently caress

Excuse me, but Cyborg Cowboy is amazing... just a shame it uses lame artist voice lines.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

foutre posted:

Re: comet, I tried it on Zyra and it's good on her e, but I'm not 100% sold because it can proc at kind of useless times off plant autos, and aerie still seems pretty decent on her. I feel like comet should be the clear choice on her if it is on anyone, but idk.

Vel'Komet. Land Q, hit w, spam laugh.

seriously, with comet and the burn mastery a single Q-W combo kills most other supports. He's a monster right now.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
All poke supports are op and its probably not comet, its the megabuffed gold item

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Is Vlad good right now? It feels like Vlad should be good right now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So sites started showing the win % of certain keystones.

Ezreal has a 57.5% winrate with kleptomancy.
Sona is 58%

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
New patch, new Mordekaiser bugs. Killing an Ekko with your Mordekaiser ult may cause people in the fountain to die

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Trip report:

Udyr gets obliterated by Fiddlesticks

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

play udyr!!!

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Aerox posted:

Trip report:

Udyr gets obliterated by Fiddlesticks

Unless he stacks a million tenacity, in which case you get poo poo on. I know because this happened two games ago lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
As funny as it is to fear away an Udyr charging in like a train, I don't know how many Fiddlesticks are going to be quick enough to actually be able to run away.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm debating Aery on rango top

He can abuse it harder than most melee champs since you can proc it twice on any leap (once you're 3+), so it's consistent damage, plus you get ultimate hat/null orb + transcendence + cosmic whatever. It has a theoretical 2s CD, if you land on it, otherwise it's about 4. Ultimate hat isn't as great late game since it only reduces your ult by like 3s

On the other hand, electrocute scales significantly harder after level 9 or so, but has a really long cooldown until you're like 16.

Aery can be procced more consistently in team fights, and will contribute more damage than electrocute will, but could also impact your ability to delete a carry. But also transcendence allows for some really obnoxious builds and feels really good generally.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Okay so, Predator Hecarim may not be OP but goddamn is it a ton of fun. Slamming into a Varus at 1200 movespeed and gibbing him with E auto Q was immensely satisfying.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I was on Twitch.

:thunk:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey that ability that lets you get free lethality when you dash is busted af on ekko and its fun, peace

its the ultimate nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is Trista still good as heck, and will we make a new thread for season 8

• Locked thread