Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I didn't think it was too hard since the rifle makes the game easier, but I thought wolf 2 had a lot of other problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

935 posted:

Ok I got through Bloodborne but something irked me. You have to do a special pose in front of a certain enemy and hold it for a minute to get a special rune. Without a guide how are you suppose to figure this poo poo out? As far as I could tell no where in the game was there even a hint.

It's been awhile but I thought it was incredibly obvious. Isn't there something showing you what to do at the spot where you get the pose?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

drat, Europe has some pretty awesome new DS4s:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

...! posted:

It's been awhile but I thought it was incredibly obvious. Isn't there something showing you what to do at the spot where you get the pose?

If you're playing online there's a good chance that someone has left a message there showing what to do but otherwise no.

You only get a not particularly useful rune from it anyway so I'm not sure why anyone cares, it's just one of the many weird little things all Souls games have.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

They need to reissue the drat 20th anniversary classic controller, and make it a regular, non-limited release.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Sakurazuka posted:

If you're playing online there's a good chance that someone has left a message there showing what to do but otherwise no.

You only get a not particularly useful rune from it anyway so I'm not sure why anyone cares, it's just one of the many weird little things all Souls games have.

It's the only way to plat afaik Access to Queen Yharnam

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ReverendDre posted:

No you just kill it for that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ReverendDre posted:

Don’t you only need to go through all the chalices for that? I didn’t think runes had anything to do with it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It drops an item you need to create one of the fixed chalice dungeons but it's nothing to do with the Make Contact easter egg

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did samsung break hdmi cec with ps4 in the last update? It just stopped workin recently

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Playing Frozen Wilds with level 50+ and the power armor and it's still a challenge. The Scorchers are serious beasts and I loved the way the Frostclaw goes from four legs to two for some of its moves. Nice touch that the Control Tower disables that armor's shield, very cool to account for that when it's something not everyone would even have the chance to encounter.

Just echoing stuff other people have said but the DLC clearly shows they were taking notes and learned all the right lessons and just confirms I'm gonna crave the sequel like no game I can ever remember. Dialogue, animations, sidequest design, voice work, little details of the world are all improved from the very solid work in the base game. Just finished the Shaman's Path and haven't even tried the new weapons yet.

I assume (hope?) it'll come before then but if H1N (we're still calling it that right?) was a PS5 launch exclusive that would be about the only thing to get me in day one. Two things that strike me as new features they could implement -- the Focus network seems like an obvious in-world way to bring in an indirect multiplayer concept on the lines of Soulsborne/Nier; the hunting/crafting could be emphasized with a (possibly optional) survival mode requiring regular food, etc. for subsistence.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they failed to learn the most important lesson, that being: make more robot dinosaurs

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

they failed to learn the most important lesson, that being: make more robot dinosaurs
Frostclaw struck me as a bear but what is the Scorcher?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Frostclaw struck me as a bear but what is the Scorcher?

Wolf maybe.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if I had to guess from the ears and lack of tail, I'd say it's a lynx. it's definitely some kind of dog or cat tho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I originally thought the frostclaw was a gorilla but a bear makes much more sense in context.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

They need to reissue the drat 20th anniversary classic controller, and make it a regular, non-limited release.

Seriously, I naively went to go buy a second controller and asked about it at Gamestop, not knowing it was a limited release thing, and they basically told me that the cheapest they could find on their website used was and they said something absurd, like 150+. But I just googled it and a used one is only 52.99 at Gamestop.. which is less than a new one right?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Do yourself a favor and play on easy. it's the only way to make it palatable imo. The first thing you have spoilered is what prompted me to bump it down myself.

I agree the encounter design is bad and it's a miserable game to play with a controller. I didn't like that it basically plays at the same pace as Doom, but there is poo poo to get stuck on everywhere, it's hard to spot pickups in battle and it does a really poor job of indicating when you are getting hit. Just tons of random, frustrating deaths.

I made it through the second spoiler tagged section (the first minute or two is the most difficult, and it really feels random) and the following level. I am on “Do or Die” difficulty, so I guess there is a chance this frustration is my own drat fault. It looks like there are two or three difficult levels above and below it, so I thought it would be fair.

Looked at mission list and supposedly I am about halfway through the game, maybe a little more. Holy poo poo this game is long!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fruit on the bottom posted:

I’ll probably just wait and hop on next gen when VR is fully situated, I don’t really need to be an early adopter.

I had a party all weekend and the VR was shockingly social and enjoyed. I did not expect it to go as well as it did. We played the Playroom demos, I Expect You To Die, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, and Megaton Rainfall. Total hit.

We also discovered that the original Nidhogg added a slo-mo mode that somehow makes it more miraculous and strategic. Add in the spine and boomerang swords and it's like rediscovering magic all over again.

Nidhogg 2, not so much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VR has been the most social gaming related thing I've owned since I was a kid. Everybody wants to try it and is really entertained by watching whoever is making themselves look like a huge dork at the time. it really sort of blows peoples minds if they haven't tried it which is always fun to watch. Horror stuff is the best. Some people absolutely lose their poo poo to the point where I'm genuinely concerned they might gently caress up my headset.

I always bust it out at parties and gatherings and it's always a hit.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Huh, I had that exact same death at that exact same place.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have to think it's almost trolling given the context of the scene that immediately precedes it and what Sylens says.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Why on earth is that dualshock4 not available here in the UK?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Why on earth is that dualshock4 not available here in the UK?

Brexit :haw:

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Got that gold one, it's pretty sweet indeed. The sunset orange is tempting too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That EU Destiny 2 DS4 is atrocious. The one you get with the Pro bundle is just plain white and looks so much better.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Policenaut posted:

That EU Destiny 2 DS4 is atrocious. The one you get with the Pro bundle is just plain white and looks so much better.

I sold one of my two controllers (v2 black) last week and for 10€ got a Brand new white one and I agree. Plain white looks way better than that thing with stickers on it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
poo poo now I want an orange controller. But I don't need a third one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What is the best way that someone from the UK can buy one of those orange controllers?
Sunset orange and other versions are my most favourite colour in the world and I am saddened that I cannot just buy one normally.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I think someone on reddit was saying you could get them through Amazon Spain?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I think someone on reddit was saying you could get them through Amazon Spain?

Oh my word that worked perfectly! Hooray :D I will be owning a DS4 in my most favourite shade of my favourite colour :D

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Here's the link for the controller in Amazon Spain:

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B076VNR2C5/ref=twister_B00PLLT4FA?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

They do global shipping, so they should ship to the UK. Give a shout if you need help with the Spanish.

/edit: That's like 3 posts in a row I get beaten. :<

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
German Amazon doesn't even list it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfenstein 2 just arrived :neckbeard:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Prepare to be disappointed.
Do yourself a favor and set it to "Can I Play Daddy" if you wanna have fun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

After some googling it seems as if other people have experienced the same problem of not being able to create an NG+ loadout since installing the DLC. Replaying the final mission seems to fix it, and the final bosses are chumps when up against the OP Banuk weapons.

Yeah, that did it. I still didn't have the "create loadout" menu item but the postgame message told me it auto-created one and then I was allowed to start NG+.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HGH posted:

Prepare to be disappointed.

I usually play on easy, I don't have enough free time these days to spend ages on games

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Smirking_Serpent posted:

yuck that orange one is basically a Denver Broncos controller. Hideous. The gold and silver are cool though.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

HGH posted:

I don’t even want to know how difficult the highest settings are. You probably die if you bump into wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Weird question but with physical copies of a game does it still download parts of the game for the install or does it install completely from the disc? My internet provider decided they wanted to finally do data caps so I wanted to limited giant downloads as much as possible.