Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sigmachiev posted:

Wonder if the strong advance will give them incentive to amp up the sizzle a little more. Entrances have been a little more low key the last couple years and especially compared to the batshit 2014 show (Devitt zombie demon, Marty Friedman playing out Tanahashi, the Nakamura poledancer entrance, etc.)

Jericho's almost certainly playing himself out with the rest of Fozzy if he can manage to get Bushiroad to pay for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They flew in Marty Friedman to shred for Tanahashi one time a fake band like Fozzy has to be cheaper

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Marty lives in Tokyo, though, and is such a weeb that he probably did that poo poo for free. This is a dude that helped write a "learn English with JoJo's" book, after all

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Okada.

Dinosaur?

?

?

I'm almost home, I know what I'm looking up when I get there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

marty's entrance isn't on njpw world it's very annoying to me

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Super No Vacancy posted:

marty's entrance isn't on njpw world it's very annoying to me

Here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnxa1oRrBmE

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that was the year they had harley race and stan hansen to represent the titles too that was cool

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The dinosaur and sword...

...it's so beautiful... :supaburn:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wonder if they can top Naito's entrance for this years Wrestle Kingdom. The video package just fit the screen in a way that was so awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pinwiz11 posted:

gently caress yes. :hellyeah:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

Best part about this was Shibata was in the opposite corner so it just looked like evening the odds.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I only saw it years later, but that entrance is what convinced me to give new Japan a try after D-Bry retired.

e: watching it again. I love that even though he has the robe, the sword, the giant belt, the DINOSAUR, he still has schlubby Gedo walking up behind him

Pinstripe Hourglass fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 14, 2017

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I put my dirty hand on Okada’s perfect, sweaty shoulder and screamed in his ear like a banshee.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

:unsmith:

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/930412534108102656?s=17

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I already know this from his instagram but christ Tanahashi is the most photogenic wrestler alive

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

wk8 was the weakest BR era WK in ring but it had by far the best entrances (don't forget Muta and Yano's). Agreed that a return to the pageantry that's been missing since they ran a strict time slot for WK9's US PPV airing would be very welcome

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't know why they bother with entrances since no matter what they do Police Man and Metalico will outdo them on random Pueblas.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dragon Rojo Jr courting death each time with his fireworks gun is by far the best entrance ever.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/930525401268531200

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Anthem wishes TNA was worth 34 million yen, let alone dollars.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Young Lion's Cup is back tomorrow night, but tonight NJPW are airing Tanahashi vs Taguchi live (in Tekken7)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Bonding over a nice cold glass of Mt. Dew.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jim Ross on his podcast this week saoid he renewed his AXS TV contract through 2018 and Vince had no problem with it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jesus, I just googles is and WWE has 585 registered employees. I had no idea New Japan was THAT much smaller of a company, forget about the level of gap in net worth. I would have never guessed it from how the company presents itself and its production values, if nothing else.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Isn't the production side of the TV handled by TV Asahi? So that's one reason they have a smaller staff since everything WWE TV is in house.
Still that's a real good year and it's a good sign for growth and hopefully it continues

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

And the current fiscal year is very possibly gonna do even better since they’re putting Naito in the main event slot, right?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I finally got around to watching power struggle and man I'm really excited for Naito vs Okada.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

I finally got around to watching power struggle and man I'm really excited for Naito vs Okada.

It's going to be great. Okada's first defense against Naito was fantastic and a sign of things to come, they had a great match at the Dome against tremendous odds and now they are set to top it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Is the Young Lions show worth a watch?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kawato is absolutely fantastic so yes

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that the next YLC show is tomorrow morning.

LION'S GATE PROJECT 9
November 16th at 5:00 EST/ 10:00GMT
Shinjuku FACE

Young Lions Cup Match:Tomuyuki Oka [2] vs. Ren Narita [0]
Young Lions Cup Match:Katsuya Kitamura [2] vs. Syota Umino [0]
Young Lions Cup Match:Hirai Kawato [2] vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi [0]
Manabu Nakanishi and Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Dinosaur Takuma(K-Dojo) and Kotaro Yoshino(K-Dojo)
Ryusuke Taguchi vs. GO Asakawa (K-Dojo)
Yuji Nagata and Satoshi Kojima vs. Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW) and Daisuke Kanehira (HEAT UP)

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Is the Young Lions show worth a watch?

If you don't mind sparse production (single cam, no commentary) yes as they've done a real nice job of focusing on Kawato and Kitamura as of late. I'd say watch the three tournament matches at least.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 16, 2017

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Tetsuya Naito is going to be wrestling AR Fox in St. Louis on February 18th. I live in KC so it's only a 4ish hour drive for me, any St. Louis area goons that have tickets or are planning on going?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im driving up for it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

oatgan posted:

im driving up for it

I'm loving pumped. The Naito picture / autograph is only $30 so I for sure plan on doing that

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the dream is real

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/931365224023711744

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All those shout-outs to Chuckie T that RPG Vice made finally paid off :shobon:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

YAAAAAAAAAAS CHAOS

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GOD are really really bad promos, I wouldn't have expected that from how funny their trash talk is in the ring. KES were decent but what the gently caress is wrong with Davey's fashion sense?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Baron Corbyn posted:

GOD are really really bad promos, I wouldn't have expected that from how funny their trash talk is in the ring. KES were decent but what the gently caress is wrong with Davey's fashion sense?

baron corbin syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I am so happy for Chuck Taylor. He's always been the nicest guy whenever I see him at shows

• Locked thread