Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can't be the only one who gets a bit :yikes: whenever someone posts something like "I hope [person] is the next one to be outed". Like, it's a bit hosed up to hope to find out about people being sexually assaulted, isn't it? I understand when it's someone who's had major rumblings, but when it's just "this person seems creepy to me, I hope it turns out they've assaulted someone" that's... that's kinda gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I agree, but again, if something comes out against Hannity or Rush, I'll be ecstatic cause gently caress those guys.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It still baffles me that Limbaugh got clear from:

quote:

Prosecutors explained that the charges were brought after they discovered he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion. In 2009, after 3 years of prolonged discussion regarding a settlement, prosecutors agreed to drop the charge if Limbaugh paid $30,000 to defray the cost of the investigation, completed an 18-month therapy regimen with his physician, submitted to random drug testing, and gave up his right to own a firearm for eighteen months.

Yeah, gently caress that guy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

I can't be the only one who gets a bit :yikes: whenever someone posts something like "I hope [person] is the next one to be outed". Like, it's a bit hosed up to hope to find out about people being sexually assaulted, isn't it? I understand when it's someone who's had major rumblings, but when it's just "this person seems creepy to me, I hope it turns out they've assaulted someone" that's... that's kinda gross.

The trick is to hope that they are outed as predators, but not in a way that creates more victims. Basically, hope that celebrities you don't like are convicted of currently unsolved crimes.

For instance, I hope that it is discovered that Elon Musk killed Elizabeth Short

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I can't wait for whatever the next big thing after Game of Thrones comes along and all these people dropping obscene amounts of cash on me-too fantasy IPs are left holding the bag after everyone else has moved on.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Thanks to the folks who encouraged me to keep watching Gotham. I was bullish on the first couple episodes but man the latter half of the first season got real grim and way less focused on the kids. This'll fill my "I feel like watching something and I like comics so...." niche real well.

It really does just keep getting better. Like, it's a legitimately good show that I look forward to every week now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Goodbody posted:

The trick is to hope that they are outed as predators, but not in a way that creates more victims. Basically, hope that celebrities you don't like are convicted of currently unsolved crimes.

For instance, I hope that it is discovered that Elon Musk killed Elizabeth Short

Fair play. I hope it turns out that Piers Anthony is the Zodiac killer, then.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I only just realised Future Man premiered the whole season today. Is that the first time Hulu have elected not to release weekly?

I want it to be good but it probably isn’t but I’ll give it a try anyways

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The reviews I've seen so far have been mostly positive. It's apparently a very silly show with a cast that has great chemistry.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Man there's a lot coming out this week, I shouldn't have started Alias Grace yesterday.

https://twitter.com/EW/status/930027726840434689

Th--thirty three?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Man there's a lot coming out this week, I shouldn't have started Alias Grace yesterday.

https://twitter.com/EW/status/930027726840434689

Th--thirty three?

I'll probably be forced to sit through at least 4 of them when I visit my parents for Christmas :suicide:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Alias Grace is real good and only 6 episodes so won't take up too much time

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

I'll probably be forced to sit through at least 4 of them when I visit my parents for Christmas :suicide:

Drop by my place and we'll watch another 7, just for you.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Drop by my place and we'll watch another 7, just for you.

Nah, a weekend in Southern Maryland is more than enough torment for me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

It's more i hope someone comes forward to and tells the truth about him, rather than not. These scumbags make a living off this poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Thanks to the folks who encouraged me to keep watching Gotham. I was bullish on the first couple episodes but man the latter half of the first season got real grim and way less focused on the kids. This'll fill my "I feel like watching something and I like comics so...." niche real well.

While Selina is always just kind of meh the kid who plays Bruce really steps up his game in season 2.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Escobarbarian posted:

Alias Grace is real good and only 6 episodes so won't take up too much time

Yeah, I burned through it a lot faster than I thought I would.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/briancgrubb/status/930536269230297090

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good casting.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fear-walking-dead-enlists-garret-dillahunt-as-season-4-regular-1058147

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I love Garret Dillahunt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I've loved him since they cast him as two different parts in Deadwood because he was so good. He's probably my overall favorite character actor. Him or Jim Beaver.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Best terminator.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am aghast that I cannot already grab a copy of Pottersville.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Good for him but I'm still not watching it.
He was so loving good in Raising Hope :allears:.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Best terminator.

For real.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJMdoHaHyM

Texas Forever.

I think Spike is Paramount now?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think they've actually made the changeover yet.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
January 18th. One of those easy-going mid-week brand transitions.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

I only just realised Future Man premiered the whole season today. Is that the first time Hulu have elected not to release weekly?

I want it to be good but it probably isn’t but I’ll give it a try anyways

The first episode was ok, but the second one was hilarious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 14, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I actually just finished ep 2 myself and it’s really goddamn good. Can’t believe these are the same writers behind the SAUSAGE PARTY screenplay, one of the least funny scripts of all time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/930590070033195008

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

It was the Kevin Spacey jokes!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

...the gently caress?!

Screw you, Hulu.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I haven't watched it but wasn't this show extremely well received?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

GobiasIndustries posted:

"Well received" and "actually watched by anybody" don't have to overlap. And rarely do.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Futureman is pretty loving great. Good fights, pretty funny. It's got the guy who made Misfits behind it, apparently. Similar sense of humour.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

muscles like this! posted:

Ghosted is a good show.

"I once watched a guy on meth climb up a billboard for Royal Pains and write "there are too many shows" in his own feces."

I wish Ghosted were a little heavier on overarching plot even with the 'paranormal (or other) threat of the week' but as dumb as it can be, Adam Scott and Craig Robinson play off each other so well. There's so many lines I crack up at based simply on how they're delivered. Like, that 'Scoundrel!' bit in the latest ep killed me.

Watched a few episodes of Future Man and it's goofy in a way that knows it's goofy, and has a lot of winks and nods to other sci-fi stuff. The guy playing Wolf is probably the best part.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GobiasIndustries posted:

I watched the first couple episodes, I thought it kinda sucked.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I loved Difficult People, but this isn't a huge shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Anyone take a dip on Damnation yet? I really like Logan Marshall-Green (he was great in Quarry) and I love pulpy stuff, but the reviews seem to be all over the place. I did see the first episode was called the Emperor of Ice-Cream. I wonder if that is a tribute to the Wallace Steven's poem (I did my American Lit final paper on it) or to Stephen King (the poem is mentioned in Salem's Lot).

• Locked thread