Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
We already knew you had to be a poo poo person to vote for Trump. Her victimisation by Moore doesn't change that meaningfully. She's just another Trump voter, who nonetheless was the victim of a sexual predator when she was a teenager, which is something that no one can ever "deserve" either at the time or retroactively. I applaud her for speaking out, though, and I hope this will lead to some introspection and she may reconsider voting for a sexual predator in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I have to ask why the woman who came forward today still kept a yearbook that he signed. You would think a sexual assault victim wouldn't want any reminders of what happened to them.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

Just that it's mind blowing that victims of sexual assault have no problem voting for a rapist.

You stupid loving judgemental hypocrite - by voting for Clinton she would have (and you did) vote for someone who directly supported and personally gave cover to at best a serial predator who took advantage of power relationships where real consent wasn't possible (sound familiar?) and at worst an outright rapist. Who she voted for doesn't matter, exacept as a foil to people who would accuse her of partisanship.

I mean I'm basically a red team/blue team partisan robot and even I have more self awareness than you.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mr Interweb posted:

I have to ask why the woman who came forward today still kept a yearbook that he signed. You would think a sexual assault victim wouldn't want any reminders of what happened to them.

If this is serious, consider the possibility there is something extremely wrong with yourself.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

PT6A posted:

If this is serious, consider the possibility there is something extremely wrong with yourself.

To be clear, I'm not saying she's lying or I doubt that this is real or anything. I'm just saying it's weird, but I know that victims of sexual abuse do unorthodox things.

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 14, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

You're kidding, right? It's not possible that:

1) She perhaps kept it for other reasons
2) She just put it in storage and never threw it away

I mean, really?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

PT6A posted:

I hope this will lead to some introspection and she may reconsider voting for a sexual predator in the future.

Hmm yes, her choices were a serial harasser, someone who supported a serial harasser, and Bernie "the woman dreams of one day being gang raped" Sanders.

Get off your high horse, come down from the ivory tower, put down the soy latte and join us in the real world, where no good choices exist.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Mr Interweb posted:

To be clear, I'm not saying she's lying or I doubt that this is real or anything. I'm just saying it's weird, but I know that victims of exual abuse do unorthodox things.

Do you think victems of "exual" abuse usually cut all ties with their entire life and throw out all their one of a kind irreplaceable school memories or what?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Mr Interweb posted:

To be clear, I'm not saying she's lying or I doubt that this is real or anything. I'm just saying it's weird, but I know that victims of exual abuse do unorthodox things.

She may have forgotten she had it. She may have forgotten he signed it. She may have kept it as proof. She may have wanted to keep it for the other, good memories. She may have wanted to keep it cause she didn't want him to control what she could and could not keep. She may not have realised what he wrote meant something more, but she does now that it's out he preyed on more girls.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

You're kidding, right? It's not possible that:

1) She perhaps kept it for other reasons
2) She just put it in storage and never threw it away

I mean, really?
3 She is intelligent enough to know that that is physical evidence of a pretty damning nature, if she could one day steel herself to confront him somehow?

e- I mean these are all guesses, but each one seems quite likely.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 14, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mr Interweb posted:

As dumb as this question is, I've seen a lot of it recently. It really does seem like people want rape victims to spend the rest of their lives crying in the shower 24/7. Give them some credit, they are stronger than that.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Surely the least interesting aspect of these molestation cases is the subsequent conduct of the underage victims.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This Wikileaks thing explains everything. This is why he was kissed at Turnbull and ended up screaming at him in the first week. It wasn't just that Trump hated the idea of taking refugees, that would have required Trump care passionately about this poo poo. Trump must have demanded Turnbull make Assange the ambassador, Turnbull told him no, and that made Trump hit the roof.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ewan posted:

https://twitter.com/ThomasWictor/status/930254093574029312
Yes because everyone's signature is 100% the same every single time they sign it, especially when you are using a a signature from 40 years ago. And those '7's are OH SO DIFFERENT

Those R's are loving identical and in an unusual way.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Calaveron posted:

I ain't gonna lie I haven't thought about this show's main character in like two days and that might as well be a million years in this world

The actor is sick. Wishing a speedy recovery to John Miller.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

As is that M. This idiot is unintentionally proving that the signatures are identical.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

This is a great example of how much more work is required to explain a situation vs just denying it. There are a dozen valid reasons why she might have kept her yearbook and it took some creative effort to list all of them out and think in different ways and from different perspectives vs just saying "that's weird". It's no surprise most people don't bother.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Based on how people were reacting earlier to the nefarious :siren:Gloria Allred:siren: holding a press conference that wasn't meticulously calculated to dodge all possible right wing criticism, I'm pretty sure that if Beverly Nelson had voted for Clinton we'd see a bunch of people whining about how it undermines the credibility of her allegations (in the minds of barely-thinking right wing moss people). Women who open themselves up to public scrutiny like this never seem to be able to win.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
"How could Trump be a rapist Sexmonster, when he has such a good golf handicap?" :saddowns:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

The actor is sick. Wishing a speedy recovery to John Miller.

I heard he doesn’t get along with the Bannon actor and that’s why he suddenly became head of Brietbart again. I’m getting tired of these rehashed plotlines, though.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

This Wikileaks thing explains everything. This is why he was kissed at Turnbull and ended up screaming at him in the first week. It wasn't just that Trump hated the idea of taking refugees, that would have required Trump care passionately about this poo poo. Trump must have demanded Turnbull make Assange the ambassador, Turnbull told him no, and that made Trump hit the roof.

This is just wildly speculative, but it does have the virtue of being dumb enough to be true

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Casey Finnigan posted:

(in the minds of barely-thinking right wing moss people).

I think in this case, the barely-thinking is coming from the left.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Eh okay, you guys are right. Those are all simple and legitimate reasons for keeping the yearbook around and I do feel dumb for asking that question.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

FateFree posted:

This is a great example of how much more work is required to explain a situation vs just denying it. There are a dozen valid reasons why she might have kept her yearbook and it took some creative effort to list all of them out and think in different ways and from different perspectives vs just saying "that's weird". It's no surprise most people don't bother.

I mean there's always the faraway option that despite the horrible memories she had good memories with friends in it

What with it being a high school yearbook presumably full of her friends.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Charlz Guybon posted:

Who the hell is Thomas Wictor.... hm.... Author AND novelist! welp, pack it in guys, they called in a forgery expert. :(

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

WeAreTheRomans posted:

This is just wildly speculative, but it does have the virtue of being dumb enough to be true

Wasn't there a similar case of Trump asking Theresa May to appoint Nigel Farage as UK Ambassador to the US? Or was that just Farage wishful thinking via Twitter?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dream scenario: Doug Jones wins, and in 2020 Roy Moore runs as an independent spoiler out of spite for the party turning its back on him, Jones is reelected to a full second term because Moore splits the vote with Strange.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

Eh okay, you guys are right. Those are all simple and legitimate reasons for keeping the yearbook around and I do feel dumb for asking that question.

This post is a beacon in a dark dark world

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Fulchrum posted:

IIRC a rough transcript of their conversation leaked a few months back - as did one for Trump's conversation with the president of Mexico. Assange was not brought up in the transcript. Somehow I think Trump wasn't quite stupid enough to make that request, but he did ask May to make Farage ambassador so who knows. Assange is still rotting in a tiny embassy so Trump doesn't seem to have lifted a finger for him.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Alter Ego posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like no matter the age or demographic of the victim, abuse tends to beget abuse. In children, abused kids often grow up to be abusers themselves. For adults it tends to normalize the behavior--they keep quiet out of shame and they start to think that it's normal to behave that way. It's a sick loving thing to do to someone.
No, the victims of childhood sexual abuse are not any more likely to be abusers themselves then the general population.

If you're talking about physical abuse, that's more of a cultural issue and modeling parental behavior then a direct "cycle of violence".

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Mr Interweb posted:

I bet you're usually on the bandwagon bitching about how clearly these things can't be investigated because after this long nothing like evidence could possibly still be around, too. :allears:

Meanwhile, to the rest of the thread, I welcome you to this new era of Year 2 of the Epoch of BUT HER MOTHERFUCKING EMAILS.

https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/930243837779423233

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

As dumb as this question is, I've seen a lot of it recently. It really does seem like people want rape victims to spend the rest of their lives crying in the shower 24/7. Give them some credit, they are stronger than that.
I always find it troubling the way that crime victims are expected to respond and behave in certain ways, especially about sex crimes. Anything other than deep emotional trauma with accompanying outward behavioral displays is considered suspect, as though the crime couldn't have happened or wasn't particularly bad. Why was she out with her friends laughing and having a good time the day after she claimed to be raped? Must be that she made it all up or she's a slut that wanted it.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Bernie "the woman dreams of one day being gang raped" Sanders.

What is this in reference to? I must have missed this.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Also, for fun morning commute reading:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-alabama-mall-banned-roy-moore-in-the-80s-for-pursuing-teens

quote:

Roy Moore, the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Alabama, was banned from a mall in the early 1980s after he repeatedly attempted to pick up teenage girls, former mall employees and local police told The New Yorker. Other locals also told AL.com that Moore was known for prowling the mall. Moore, whom five women have accused of making advances on them or molesting them when they were teenagers, allegedly had a reputation for hanging around the Gadsden Mall, in Gadsden, Alabama, in pursuit of high school-age girls. One former mall employee told The New Yorker that a security guard asked mall employees to be on the lookout for Moore, who was “banned from the mall.” Blake Usry, who was a teenager in town at the time, told AL.com Moore was known to "flirt with all the young girls," and would hang out at the mall on weekends "like the kids did." Other locals told AL.com that Moore's penchant for flirting with teens was common knowledge in town. One former waitress told AL.com that Moore made young waitresses uncomfortable by staring at them, then becoming rude if they did not "give him an opening." A police officer, one of two who spoke with The New Yorker, said that “general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates” and that Moore may not have received an official ban but was a persona non grata at the mall and had been “run off” from “a number of stores.”

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Inferior Third Season posted:

I always find it troubling the way that crime victims are expected to respond and behave in certain ways, especially about sex crimes. Anything other than deep emotional trauma with accompanying outward behavioral displays is considered suspect, as though the crime couldn't have happened or wasn't particularly bad. Why was she out with her friends laughing and having a good time the day after she claimed to be raped? Must be that she made it all up or she's a slut that wanted it.

I think a lot of people think watching Law and Order SVU makes them experts on sex crimes

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Inferior Third Season posted:

Anything other than deep emotional trauma with accompanying outward behavioral displays is considered suspect

Don't worry, deep emotional trauma and outward behavior is considered proof the person was crazy anyway and lying or else proof they are overacting a point.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Don't worry, deep emotional trauma and outward behavior is considered proof the person was crazy anyway and lying or else proof they are overacting a point.

"Well if I was ever sexually abused, I would act like this..."

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Forgive me for asking, but hasn't handwriting analysis been thrown in the Debunked CSI Techniques Dumpster along with bite mark analysis, rendering the whole subject moot to begin with?

I'd check myself, but, y'know, work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Crow Jane posted:

I think a lot of people think watching Law and Order SVU makes them experts on sex crimes

And we know that we don't live in SVU because the police have yet to replace their bloodhounds with morning joggers.

• Locked thread