Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
When there's 10 people in Discord and a line for the PM forming - but STEAM keeps disconnecting people at random intervals because Tuesday:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I just reached level 22!

:unsmith:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
It's nice for those of us at max level - progression is gone and points are much slower at 101. I think Ozone, Duster, myself and (Terry maybe?) are all maxxed out.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

It's nice for those of us at max level - progression is gone and points are much slower at 101. I think Ozone, Duster, myself and (Terry maybe?) are all maxxed out.

Oh yeah it's great! I'm happy the people saying it would be dead in a few months were wrong, I really do love the game for how little I get to play.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Oh yeah it's great! I'm happy the people saying it would be dead in a few months were wrong, I really do love the game for how little I get to play.

Most of our main group took a break for a few weeks before Part IV and Jarvis, but we've had people taking numbers for our Private Matches lately, which is great. With the new game mode coming soon - I'm optimistic that there's a lot of life left in this game about killing.

If you're lurking here, join up on Discord and come slay goons with us!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Most of our main group took a break for a few weeks before Part IV and Jarvis, but we've had people taking numbers for our Private Matches lately, which is great. With the new game mode coming soon - I'm optimistic that there's a lot of life left in this game about killing.

If you're lurking here, join up on Discord and come slay goons with us!

Oh im always lurking. I just have a stutter and uuggghhh

In other news I just got an epic Man at Arms with 24% durability increase, but I can't really juke Jason for poo poo to use it lol

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Any other Austalian/NZ goons here? Game is basically unplayable at the moment for me and my friends due to whatever server fuckery happened during last patch. Minimum ping is like 180 atm which can jump pretty bad.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Oh im always lurking. I just have a stutter and uuggghhh

In other news I just got an epic Man at Arms with 24% durability increase, but I can't really juke Jason for poo poo to use it lol

One of our best players has never spoken a word because they don't have a microphone - or another theory is that they are secretly a girl and/or a popular celebrity like Taylor Swift. Feel free to join up and then just type in game / discord and flip your flashlight or teabag to communicate.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the in-game emotes have added a lot of non-verbal communication for the game

for example, you can let people know you dont care about them by dancing as jason strangles them to death

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I achieved the ultimate honor tonight: joined a public lobby with a bunch of randos who seemed to be friends on voice chat; spawned as Jason; killed every single one mercilessly, then they called me a "tryhard" and left the lobby lol hahahaha muahaha

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 11, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Polo-Rican posted:

I achieved the ultimate honor tonight: joined a public lobby with a bunch of randos who seemed to be friends on voice chat; spawned as Jason; killed every single one mercilessly, then they called me a "tryhard" and left the lobby lol hahahaha muahaha

There's a few ultimate honors in this game, that is one and here is another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG70hup7eWA

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Bah gawd, BAH gawd! Stop the dang match!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Yeeees

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I got pulled into a game today.

It was quite the game. I got murdered pretty early on and boy was I in for a show.

Don't know how but the yellow car got flipped. Tiffany escaped.

Chad somehow fell through the map after the yellow car flipped. He went back to his home planet.

Tiffany danced the timer away and survived.

So the car got away, but for some reason was just sitting there. Jason did the stop animation and then didn't interact with it again. He morphed shortly after this.

And in the next game I watched as the four seater was launched off a rock.

It didn't stick the landing.

And my favorite glitch of the night:

Tommy Idol.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I love how when everything clicks, the game really foes feel like a horror movie.

I was deb with a lone wolf perk and the one that gives you a chance to avoid sense completely, so I spend the first seven or so minutes trying to find the fuse and the phone house. Meanwhile everyone else is loving with the cars and doing a really good job keeping Jason busy. Suddenly I see the fuse in a house at the opposite end of the map and I book it, circling around the chaos that is the Jason v Councelor brawl.

By the time I get to the house everyone is dead but a Tiffany off in the woods somewhere, I assume catatonic from the blood bath that unfolded. I run through the door and I see the trap after I pass over it, somehow I don't trigger it. I get the fuse, fix the phone, call the cops and while I'm running out the door, Snap. I forgot about the trap.

Tommy and Jason both show up immediately by the grace of God, with Tommy shooting Jason giving me enough time to gtfo and wait for the cops alone in the dark woods.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 12, 2017

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Yah the stories this game generates are unironically better/more interesting than the stories in half of the movies.

We played the game before watching parts 1-9 (our friends had a box set) and sometimes when watching we'd be thinking "somehow this makes less sense than the game."

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Polo-Rican posted:

Yah the stories this game generates are unironically better/more interesting than the stories in half of the movies.

We played the game before watching parts 1-9 (our friends had a box set) and sometimes when watching we'd be thinking "somehow this makes less sense than the game."

I had a fun pub game last night - I do my normal trap the phone, break the nearest power box, and then am immediately alterted that someone's in my cabin. So I morph there, and it's a fox wearing the sweater and two other girls, and they all split up (like I can't tell who has the sweater or something). Fox starts to lead my on an obnoxious chase around Packanack, she's got the double healing perk at least, and it becomes obvious that A) I'm up against a group of friends because she's not talking to them but they're doing things to help her (boarding up houses she's heading to next, dropping pocket knives so I can't just grab her, dropping more med sprays) and by now it's extremely obvious that they're coordinating an attempted Jason kill. One of them dies to my traps (I put two at the phone box, I also usually put a trap at the corner of the house near where the phone box is and the nearest window because people come from those approaches and don't pay attention) but it's likely it's intentional so they can get Tommy in. I just 0 in on the fox because they're plan is obvious, and I'm slowly whittling down her supplies. I'm not even going for grabs anymore (she knifed me twice and went through 6 uses of health sprays, and I saw a Chappa drop supplies in a house earlier) and I finally get her to wounded with no sprays left. One of the many people who don't realize they're lit like red balloons comes around a corner to flare me, but I manage to shift at the right moment. They have fixed the phone and made a call at this point, but don't seem to have done anything with the cars. This is important because Fox is now at the phone house, and pretty severely injured. She turns the corner and... walks into my corner trap and dies.

Then the magic happens -

The ENTIRE ROOM leaves.

I made an entire lobby rage-quit, it was absolutely fantastic.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So Tinfoil likes to comment that I either save everyone or doom the game.

Nothing quite proves that like tonight.

I was away and came back to Crystal Lake as a Tiffany. I spawn right next to a shotgun. I know what I have to do at this point. No reason, no purpose, just need. I found car keys and I found a car that was finished and I drive that fucker into the ocean. I then try to kill Tinfoil but sadly miss. A rogue Tommy comes up and puts me down there after.

The next game I finally spawn as Chubs. This is the first time I've been Chubs in a long drat time. So I finally crystallize how to play him, once and for all. I am the friendliest friend to ever friend any friends.

I pick up no weapons unless they are non lethal, I pick up items only to give to others, and the only items I keep are ones that let me find friends and speak with them. Otherwise I am just a friend having dance loving sack of fat.

We get the phone fixed entirely through the weight of my body blocking and copious friendship and my game ends. My friendship does not however, as others who had received my gifts made good use of them to survive and escape.

A few games later I spawn as Lachappa again.

I remain the friendliest friend haver ever. Unfortunately for the game, some no friends having no goodniks are up to ruin Friend Lachappa's day. They form a posse of shotguns and hunt me and my gift giving self down.

They made an error however. This Friend Chappa was reborn as Vengeful Jarvis

What followed was a shotgun massacre that left no survivors. The only known witness was a traumatized young man in a hockey-mask who just wanted his boombox to work.

Also the small maps can spawn up to 4 shotguns now!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Ozone and I both found shotguns within the first 30 seconds.

I looked at him and said: "I think we should go hunting.... for the most dangerous game."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The showdown at Packanack was quite wonderful. Voltic was Jason I believe, Silver was a bystander who I gifted as a friend, and poor Composer was there too.

By the time I came back as Tommy, Tinfoil had already been justly killed, so I hunted down Ozone at Packanack with Composer the witness to the slaughter. Both of us had shotguns.

I was the faster marksman because shotguns are STUPID.

Protip for anyone using the shotgun- the animation for aiming is a lie. The only thing that matters is the aiming reticle. The moment that appears for you, you can fire, even if you haven't started the animation of pulling your gun.

This is part of the reason why I am 50/50 with the shotgun, I always try to trickshot it like that. Some times it works some times you shoot the wall.

Also Composer, dear Composer, was no threat to anyone.

Vengeful Jarvis still had to be sated. He locked himself into the top room but I managed to flush him out, and then got him to go out the window so that when he was on the ground in the animation, I shot him in the head.

Then I helped Jason fix his boombox

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
The weird part was that after you shot me, on my screen anyway, I was still just standing there, looking around like nothing happened. I just couldn't move.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ComposerGuy posted:

The weird part was that after you shot me, on my screen anyway, I was still just standing there, looking around like nothing happened. I just couldn't move.

Seriously?

You were standing on my screen as well I just thought that was the typical T pose nonsense that some times happens when some one dies.

Getting killed while going through a window does weird poo poo, I'll tell ya.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Seriously?

You were standing on my screen as well I just thought that was the typical T pose nonsense that some times happens when some one dies.

Getting killed while going through a window does weird poo poo, I'll tell ya.

It seems to happen every time someone dies to something other than a grab or a car running them over. It's pretty obvious that they messed up the activation of the ragdoll physics in many instances.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regrettable posted:

It seems to happen every time someone dies to something other than a grab or a car running them over. It's pretty obvious that they messed up the activation of the ragdoll physics in many instances.

Yeah but that's not what happened here, if I'm reading Composer right.

What happened here was that Composer was still in the game like he was alive, he just couldn't do anything.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Yeah but that's not what happened here, if I'm reading Composer right.

What happened here was that Composer was still in the game like he was alive, he just couldn't do anything.

Okay, I wasn't really sure if he was just mentioning the borked ragdolls or if there was something else going on.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Yeah, the camera shifted to in front of me like I was dying, but I stayed on my feet, looking around like I was still alive and stayed there. Couldn't move, and couldn't switch camera angles.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Of course right as I get Jason, my game locks up and I need to blindly tap through the task manager (which is accessible but won't become visible) to forcibly close out and kick everyone out of the match.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Trip report on the movies: Part 6 yeah I can see why it's most people's favourite. Tommy spending half the movie in jail and being garbage overall makes me feel better about completely blowing it when I play as him. Also it was weirdly heartwarming that Jason stumbled across the kids and was just sorta confused instead of wanting to hurt them. The scene where Jason's just standing menacingly in the road waiting for the couple in the car to decide whether to back up or drive around him was rib-crushingly hilarious oh my god :allears:

Part 7 was... weird. Jason loving owned but the whole psychic lady subplot was... not BAD but it sure was just kinda there. Also I kinda got shitfaced while watching Part 6 so I don't really remember much of the back half of 7. It was still fun though.

Overall I now have the more acceptable opinion that 6 is the best F13, but 5 is still a close second :colbert:

"JASON'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE I DUG UP HIS BOOOOOOOOOOOODY HE'S COMING TO GEEEEEET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" --The hero of Friday the 13th, getting beat up by cops for trying to steal a cop's shotgun :allears: That movie was loving wonderful

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Danaru posted:

"JASON'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE I DUG UP HIS BOOOOOOOOOOOODY HE'S COMING TO GEEEEEET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Thom Mathews' delivery of that line in the game is hilarious.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the f13 movies as a whole are surprisingly prescient when it comes to tastes and such 20 years later. jason's a monster, but he's a FAIR monster, dammit, and the women of F13 are mostly pretty badass and not the squealing, mewling piles of helplessness and irritation women ended up being in a lot of movies of the same period.

it makes it super easy to go back and watch them with friends.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Coolguye posted:

the f13 movies as a whole are surprisingly prescient when it comes to tastes and such 20 years later. jason's a monster, but he's a FAIR monster, dammit, and the women of F13 are mostly pretty badass and not the squealing, mewling piles of helplessness and irritation women ended up being in a lot of movies of the same period.

The Friday movies really are some of the best of the 80s slasher boom. There are other gems out there but for consistency of quality, Friday is one of if not the best. Real shame it took such a beating from the MPAA as the movies went on.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Coolguye posted:

Friday the 13th Part 2 is pretty unexpected compared to most slashers that followed in its footsteps. There are two protagonists at the end (a male and female couple), with the woman being snarky and very far from virginal. She also correctly psychoanalyzes Jason based on her limited information about the urban legend, which nearly lets her kill him in the end.

It also doesn't have the protagonists trapped wherever they are. All of the victims are the people who stay behind while the rest of the counselors (including the protagonists) head to the bar for one last party before they have to get to work. They spend the entire killing spree getting drunk and then come back just in time for the climax.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Coolguye posted:

I've been saying the same thing, Not one but TWO F13 women tried to straight up chainsaw Jason/Roy in half :allears: Bonus points to Patricia for dunking a giant-rear end CRT on Jason's head while he's trying to smash through a door

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The game is better than any of the movies :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also Tina from Part 7 just fucks him up hardcore, it's great. Psychic beatdown!

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

One of my favorite parts in Part VI is the two boys agreeing that they're going to die.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Burkion posted:

Also Tina from Part 7 just fucks him up hardcore, it's great. Psychic beatdown!

I disagree, in fact my biggest complaint about that movie is that she doesn't really wallop him with psychic powers. I wanted to see refrigerators get thrown, cars dropped onto jason, etc. Instead she hits him with a series of lamps and lightbulbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Polo-Rican posted:

I disagree, in fact my biggest complaint about that movie is that she doesn't really wallop him with psychic powers. I wanted to see refrigerators get thrown, cars dropped onto jason, etc. Instead she hits him with a series of lamps and lightbulbs

She also tried to hang the dude, which didn't even work when he was alive. Rookie mistake :colbert:

• Locked thread