Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

MaliciousOnion posted:

I've recently been playing Rise of the Pack for 1.12 and it's not bad. I'm not very far into it but the progression path and mod interactions seem to be pretty balanced overall. Also it doesn't have IC2, which is a bonus for me.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's pretty good so far (even though I spawned on an island in the middle of the ocean, so getting clay was a huge goddamn headache). Be nice if I could find some redstone, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

No, you actually start with 8. In order to regain a heart, you need to eat 50 unique foods, so 100 total to get to the normal 10.

Now, you may think you don't need to bother, but eventually, in order to progress, you'll need sugar cane. (You need 9.5 hearts to activate the life infusion.) I actually just did this the other day, and the way I went about it was to make the Cooking for Blockheads kitchen, and make a bunch of different kinds of food. In order to get hungry faster, I took off my armor, placed a stone spike on the wall nearby, and slammed my head into it until I was nearly dead, which makes the hunger -> heart conversion kick in.

Jesus Christ ...

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Vib Rib posted:

I don't know if anyone else is playing it, but in the Divine Journey pack, Agricraft is giving me a headache. I'm trying to farm cacti and flowers, which I plant on crop sticks, but it's only giving me dye when I harvest them. Instead of poppies, I get red dye. Instead of cacti, I get cactus green. There used to be an option for receiving dye or flowers (I think?) but I'm pretty sure this version of Agricraft is past the change where instead, to get the full plant, you're supposed to use shears on the grown plant. If the yield of that crop is high enough, you get the full plant rather than the dye (e.g. poppies instead of red dye).

However, harvesting the crop with standard vanilla minecraft shears in my hand (whether using right or left click) still only gives me the dye. These are on 10/10/10 seeds. It's not gamebreaking since you don't need too much from these plants but I'd really like some way to farm them and I'm wondering if I'm missing something insanely obvious.

I was playing Divine Journey as a sort of farewell to 1.7 until I built a mob farm and the game generated so much lag that right click stopped working and the game was stuck in this state permanently. I never got around to building up my farm, but I do remember glancing at the JEI info for some plants and I think that the color plants are all fixed to drop their dye directly, instead of the plant? I haven’t used agricraft much previously so I was not aware of any particulars to those settings.

If you’re just looking for more efficient dye production the color magical crop is fairly low level and should be accessible as soon as you can make a QED. I had one, but hadn’t gotten around to making any crops as I said. Might want to try that.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

fondue posted:

Jesus Christ ...

You can do it in a matter of 20 or 30 minutes just going down the list of Pams recipes. It's basically an extra progression step that makes you do some cooking. It's just a bit quirky that focusing on it basically means ramming yourself into a spike over and over to induce hunger.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

fondue posted:

Jesus Christ ...

i know, sometimes the similarity to real life shown in minecraft mods is downright spooky

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Vib Rib posted:

I don't know if anyone else is playing it, but in the Divine Journey pack, Agricraft is giving me a headache. I'm trying to farm cacti and flowers, which I plant on crop sticks, but it's only giving me dye when I harvest them. Instead of poppies, I get red dye. Instead of cacti, I get cactus green. There used to be an option for receiving dye or flowers (I think?) but I'm pretty sure this version of Agricraft is past the change where instead, to get the full plant, you're supposed to use shears on the grown plant. If the yield of that crop is high enough, you get the full plant rather than the dye (e.g. poppies instead of red dye).

However, harvesting the crop with standard vanilla minecraft shears in my hand (whether using right or left click) still only gives me the dye. These are on 10/10/10 seeds. It's not gamebreaking since you don't need too much from these plants but I'd really like some way to farm them and I'm wondering if I'm missing something insanely obvious.

Found this on reddit:

quote:

This is a long standing bug with the latest version of agricraft. There was a pull request with the code to fix this, but a final build for 1.7.10 was never built and released. If you roll back to a version where shears worked, botania cannot be used to automate crops.

Sounds like you're out of luck. I guess if it really matters, you could just cheat some in.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Toadsmash posted:

You can do it in a matter of 20 or 30 minutes just going down the list of Pams recipes. It's basically an extra progression step that makes you do some cooking. It's just a bit quirky that focusing on it basically means ramming yourself into a spike over and over to induce hunger.

I just made a really big Cooking for Blockheads chain of fridges, filled it with every food item I could find and recipe ingredient like flour, dough, and salt, then when through the list of combinations making one of everything it said I hadn't tried yet.
Then I cried when the 3rd level of it required 100 new foods instead of 50.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Did somebody ever figure out a Thaumcraft 4 essentia distillation setup that could correctly fill jars regardless of which alembic got what? I am assuming without relying on golems, thaumic energistics, nor labels. However, the jars would have some existing essentia in them.

My typical method was to just accumulate essentia in the alembics and the pop the jars on to tubes dedicated to each alembic. It is very manual.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I might be late to the party here, but Chisel And Bits' tape measure is amazing.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Did somebody ever figure out a Thaumcraft 4 essentia distillation setup that could correctly fill jars regardless of which alembic got what? I am assuming without relying on golems, thaumic energistics, nor labels. However, the jars would have some existing essentia in them.

My typical method was to just accumulate essentia in the alembics and the pop the jars on to tubes dedicated to each alembic. It is very manual.

No, every time I tried no matter how many buffers I used any pipe which carried more than 1 type eventually got jammed up. I always just ended up making a separate furnace/alembic stack for each resource I was farming.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

MaliciousOnion posted:

Found this on reddit:
Sounds like you're out of luck. I guess if it really matters, you could just cheat some in.
Hmm. I don't use botania for automating crops anyway, so I could probably be satisfied with this option.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

finally got tungstensteel in MSB2
the quest book makes it out like you need empowered emerald crystals in order to get the blast furnace thinger to make tungstensteel, and like a shitload of them
but the pack creator forgot to disable mekanism alloys that oredict into tech reborn circuits :smugdog:
I think that's intentional? They mention how important those mekanism machines are for making circuits more accessible.
If anything I think the goal was to make it so you needed to craft at least one "hard version" circuit from the super expensive stuff to break into the easier mode, i.e. do it once the rough way and then you can use that circuit to unlock the easier mek method. That's just the impression I got though.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Does anyone know of a mod that stops block damage from TnT and other explosives? We've turned off the mob griefing rule, but that seems to cover creepers, but not tnt and similar.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Isn't there a machine in Actually Additions that is supposed to stop explosions? Never used it myself so I don't know if it blocks the damage or just the block breaking.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Nevets posted:

Isn't there a machine in Actually Additions that is supposed to stop explosions? Never used it myself so I don't know if it blocks the damage or just the block breaking.

The Shock Absorber.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Word of warning if anyone is still playing Sky Factory 3, Blood Magic has a bug that in the eventuality that you will kill yourself with the Sacrificial dagger if you have gear/items that aren't soulbound they are gone. For some reason it doesn't spawn a gravestone when you kill yourself.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

neogeo0823 posted:

Does anyone know of a mod that stops block damage from TnT and other explosives? We've turned off the mob griefing rule, but that seems to cover creepers, but not tnt and similar.

I think if you either claim or chunkload a chunk using FTB Utils, the default action is that it also disables all explosions to avoid griefing.

It might be a config setting you have to flip, though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

BTW, the new version of MSB2 (2.7) removes the mod that lets you grind compressed stone and netherrack for gems. Apparently it's imcompatible with the new version of sky resources or something.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Hasn't been updated since July and Sky Resources got a fairly major update when Sky Compression already had multiple unresolved crash bugs on the old one.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Compact Machines are pretty cool.

A self-contained Mekanism sulfuric acid generation chamber. It abuses the 4 blaze powder in flawless calculator -> blaze rod, blaze rod in a pulverizer -> 4 blaze powder and 50% chance at a sulfur. Takes power and water as input, outputs liquid sulfuric acid.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Compact Machines are pretty cool.

A self-contained Mekanism sulfuric acid generation chamber. It abuses the 4 blaze powder in flawless calculator -> blaze rod, blaze rod in a pulverizer -> 4 blaze powder and 50% chance at a sulfur. Takes power and water as input, outputs liquid sulfuric acid.

I had no clue what these did, and saw Soaryn mucking about with one the other day. He shoved a draconic power storage system in it, and was testing to see if he could exploit phantom faces to generate infinite power. I think the exploit didn't work, but the idea of shrinking stuff down to just a tile and doing stuff like "ores go in, ingots out" is such a cool theme.

Throw some world-interaction upgrade item nodes, along with some lava and water, and have a 1-block cobble gen. It's a shame it's so expensive (I think a stack and a half of gold ingots for the max size?), it doesn't really seem that game breaking to let it be cheaper

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

I'm not a huge fan of the concept because half the fun in Minecraft is being able to gawk at everything you've built up at once for me. Same reason I dislike Factorissimo in Factorio. Eh!

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Do you still need a nether star to move them?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Do you still need a nether star to move them?

At least in MSB2, you don't. Just hit em with a pickaxe.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Devor posted:

I think if you either claim or chunkload a chunk using FTB Utils, the default action is that it also disables all explosions to avoid griefing.

It might be a config setting you have to flip, though.

I was hoping to find something that's not FTBUtils, as it's been kind of rear end in the past, and I'm also looking for, like, a per-dimension rule sort of thing, instead of just per-chunk.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

welp MSB2 broke again for me

i was working on the nuclearcraft quests, and i placed a nitrogen collector next to another collector block, and i guess they were trying to fill each other's internal tanks and it caused a crash to desktop

i figure "oh okay i can fix this" and load up the save in mcedit and delete the blocks

i do that and open the save again, and a bunch of the mod blocks have transformed into other blocks, in particular my giant rear end zetta industries battery is now a column of fence gates

is there any other way to edit a save other than mcedit? or do i need to restore from a backup that's missing 6 hours of work?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

neogeo0823 posted:

Bukkit plugin
https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/worldguard

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Thirding the recommendation for Rise of the Pack. I'm just happy to have a progression quest pack even if it's nothing too insanely special.

So base design came up earlier, but does anyone have any general tips for how to setup bases in skyblocks/etc so you don't end up with poo poo way too far away from each other?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

is there any other way to edit a save other than mcedit? or do i need to restore from a backup that's missing 6 hours of work?

Creative Mode?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

Creative Mode?

Game crashes to desktop every time I load the game.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i was working on the nuclearcraft quests, and i placed a nitrogen collector next to another collector block, and i guess they were trying to fill each other's internal tanks and it caused a crash to desktop

i figure "oh okay i can fix this" and load up the save in mcedit and delete the blocks

i do that and open the save again, and a bunch of the mod blocks have transformed into other blocks, in particular my giant rear end zetta industries battery is now a column of fence gates

If you didn't add or remove mods between the backup and now you should be able to copy the level.dat from the backup to the current save. Despite the game insisting that you must use block and item names now, internally they still have numeric IDs, and Forge stores the data about what block ID corresponds to what block in a registry inside the level.dat. Forge itself can gently caress this registry up if it attempts to remove entries (due to mods being changed/removed) and things go wrong, which results in blocks getting swapped around. It's possible MCEdit did something similar.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You might be hitting Nuclear Craft Issue #140, updating to Nuclear Craft 2.4 or newer should fix it. You can also use the Forge settings to remove erroring entities instead of editing the world (make a backup first ;)):
code:
    # Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringEntities=false

# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringTileEntities=false

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Fortis posted:

If you didn't add or remove mods between the backup and now you should be able to copy the level.dat from the backup to the current save. Despite the game insisting that you must use block and item names now, internally they still have numeric IDs, and Forge stores the data about what block ID corresponds to what block in a registry inside the level.dat. Forge itself can gently caress this registry up if it attempts to remove entries (due to mods being changed/removed) and things go wrong, which results in blocks getting swapped around. It's possible MCEdit did something similar.

I tried this, it didn't work. Thanks though!

lolmer posted:

You might be hitting Nuclear Craft Issue #140, updating to Nuclear Craft 2.4 or newer should fix it. You can also use the Forge settings to remove erroring entities instead of editing the world (make a backup first ;)):
code:
    # Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringEntities=false

# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringTileEntities=false

It's actually Nuclearcraft 2.5a, so not this error. I placed a helium collector next to a nitrogen collector, and the crash log indicated that the problem was related to one of them trying to push liquid into the other.

However, that config change solved the problem, I think! I'm going to try putting them down separately and see if they crash.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Nuclearcraft still has all sorts of unresolved issues in the most recent release, so there's no telling. Guy is still working on it; he's just been understandably short on time due to school from what I've heard.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I tried placing the blocks separate from each other and got CTD again. I think if I can salvage this poo poo, I'm just going to cheat in creative fluid tanks of the appropriate liquids, since all these blocks do is generate an infinite amount of the liquids in question.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Game crashes to desktop every time I load the game.

I mean take your old back up save an add in the stuff you lost from the bug using creative mode.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

I think that's intentional? They mention how important those mekanism machines are for making circuits more accessible.
If anything I think the goal was to make it so you needed to craft at least one "hard version" circuit from the super expensive stuff to break into the easier mode, i.e. do it once the rough way and then you can use that circuit to unlock the easier mek method. That's just the impression I got though.

This is from a while back, but in 2.7 MSB2, it looks like the circuit in question had its crafting recipe disabled, and you now have to use the option that requires empowered emeradic crystals. :v:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

We're using Forge, which IIRC, means we can't use Bukkit plugins? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

neogeo0823 posted:

We're using Forge, which IIRC, means we can't use Bukkit plugins? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Im not server knowledgeable but will this work for you?

https://www.beastnode.com/portal/knowledgebase/101/How-To-Install-BukkitForge-or-MCPCplus-or-Cauldron.html

E: nah looks like its for 1.7.10 and such

e2: or
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/forgeguard-a-world-protection-mod-for-sponge

with sponge https://www.spongepowered.org/
https://docs.spongepowered.org/stable/en/

OgNar fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 14, 2017

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You guys like seeing lovely builds, right?

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've stuck with SF3 to the point where I have an early automatic mob farm and auto-lava generation.

Now I just need to figure out how to collect all that XP and sort out the mob drops with Storage Drawers as my next step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

You guys like seeing lovely builds, right?

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've stuck with SF3 to the point where I have an early automatic mob farm and auto-lava generation.

Now I just need to figure out how to collect all that XP and sort out the mob drops with Storage Drawers as my next step.

Good show! Now that you have got this far you have to complete it.