Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Sitting in first place in my 10 team ESPN 1PPR league and I'd like to take a flyer on a playoff stash. David Johnson, Danny Woodhead, and Josh Gordon are all available on waivers. My team right now:

QB: Tom Brady, Jared Goff [Goff was a bye week fill in and I played the guy with Carr on BYE this week so didn't want to drop]
RB: Gordon, Murray, Kamara, Ellington, Ivory
WR: Fitz, Hill, Anderson, Rishard Matthews, Marquise Lee
TE: Graham, ASJ

I think I need more help at WR than RB but I feel really good about my team right now, so this is honestly just as much about keeping one of those players from a potential competitor. I feel comfortable dropping Goff, ASJ, or even Ivory at this point. Any thoughts on priorities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Sir Plus posted:

Sitting in first place in my 10 team ESPN 1PPR league and I'd like to take a flyer on a playoff stash. David Johnson, Danny Woodhead, and Josh Gordon are all available on waivers. My team right now:

QB: Tom Brady, Jared Goff [Goff was a bye week fill in and I played the guy with Carr on BYE this week so didn't want to drop]
RB: Gordon, Murray, Kamara, Ellington, Ivory
WR: Fitz, Hill, Anderson, Rishard Matthews, Marquise Lee
TE: Graham, ASJ

I think I need more help at WR than RB but I feel really good about my team right now, so this is honestly just as much about keeping one of those players from a potential competitor. I feel comfortable dropping Goff, ASJ, or even Ivory at this point. Any thoughts on priorities?

Woodhead first since he will provide the most weeks worth of scoring opportunities. DJ probably 2nd and Gordon 3rd.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

0ppr league

Thinking of trading M. Evans & Rudolph for Z Ertz

This leaves me with:
QB: A. Smith
RB: Hunt, Darkwa, Murray, Perine, Burkhead, McKinnon
WR: Funchess, DT, Shepard, A. Jeffery

This worth proposing?

I know Evans & Ertz are probably a wash in terms of scoring, but I'm thinking Ertz is higher than Rudolph and I can cover Evans loss with my other WRs.

Or I could be out of my mind and need to have my coffee before I try to start making trades.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Approach him with Rudolph and a receiver for Ertz and see who he asks for first. Thomas is picking it up with Brock so you never know.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

You can't use a waiver claim on a guy you dropped anyway. That dude is an idiot.

He likely dropped Smith earlier in the week and so he had passed through waivers to be a FA last night, so when the entire league goes on waiver on Tuesday morning he would in fact be able to pick him up.

I need a defense, is it worth trying to nab NO for RoS and maybe trying to stream during the playoffs, KC RoS because their playoff matchups are Real Good, or just stream the whole way?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

He likely dropped Smith earlier in the week and so he had passed through waivers to be a FA last night, so when the entire league goes on waiver on Tuesday morning he would in fact be able to pick him up.

I need a defense, is it worth trying to nab NO for RoS and maybe trying to stream during the playoffs, KC RoS because their playoff matchups are Real Good, or just stream the whole way?

I’m going with KC RoS over the Saints because they have a soft next 6 weeks and hope to pick Saints back up in playoffs if KC falls off for some reason.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This is stupid, but Butker or Succop ROS? Or is it impossible to predict and I should just go with whoever I like more?

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
What is the outlook on Olsen returning and being relevant? Looking at maybe securing him for the playoffs but unsure how the Panthers offense as changed and where he'll land in targets.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Poque posted:

it is impossible to predict and I should just go with whoever I like more

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Buttkicker it is, thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Would you rather have Corey Davis or Devante Adams ROS? Non-ppr

My team:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Liquid Banjo posted:

What is the outlook on Olsen returning and being relevant? Looking at maybe securing him for the playoffs but unsure how the Panthers offense as changed and where he'll land in targets.

McCaffrey has been really solid in the Olsen-esque role, with additional upside of taking Wildcat formation direct snaps for whatever reason. Whatever happens it's going to be real awkward for owners of both players.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think this is possible. For example, I dropped Arizona defense Wednesday Nov 8th. I still cannot place a waiver claim on them for tomorrow morning, which is an entire week later.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

Would you rather have Corey Davis or Devante Adams ROS? Non-ppr

My team:

Based off remaining schedule, I'm taking Corey Davis. Hundley does seem to be favoring Adams though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So I have QB issues this week.

My dynasty stable of QBs:
Cam
McCown
Bridgewater
Jameis

Cam and McCown are both on bye, Jameis is out hurt, and Bridgewater isn't starting after Keenums good week.

Who do I drop McCown for:

Fitzmagick
Keenum
StantonGabbert
Hundley
Cutler

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

AnacondaHL posted:

McCaffrey has been really solid in the Olsen-esque role, with additional upside of taking Wildcat formation direct snaps for whatever reason. Whatever happens it's going to be real awkward for owners of both players.

Didn't consider McCaffrey taking on his role. Thanks!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm being offered in a trade, 0.5 PPR:

QB Jared Goff
WR Chris Hogan

for:

WR Antonio Brown

Hogan should be coming back this week, but I'm concerned his absence will result in limited usage going forward. My other WRs are Dez Bryant and Nelson Agholor, so no world-beaters there.

My current QB, Matt Ryan, has been disappointingly average this year. Goff is tempting, but the 2nd half of the Rams schedule is supposed to beef up.

Also FWIW, I'm sitting 1.5 GB from a playoff spot due to just an atrocious last 4 weeks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A thousand times no.

There's no way you should even consider this for a second.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

shyduck posted:

I'm being offered in a trade, 0.5 PPR:

QB Jared Goff
WR Chris Hogan

for:

WR Antonio Brown

Hogan should be coming back this week, but I'm concerned his absence will result in limited usage going forward. My other WRs are Dez Bryant and Nelson Agholor, so no world-beaters there.

My current QB, Matt Ryan, has been disappointingly average this year. Goff is tempting, but the 2nd half of the Rams schedule is supposed to beef up.

Also FWIW, I'm sitting 1.5 GB from a playoff spot due to just an atrocious last 4 weeks.

absolutely not

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Okay thanks, that was my gut from the start but I wanted to talk it out.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
On one hand I'm ok with my best friend beating me in my big money league this week on the other hand how the gently caress did he put up 158 points when he's been averaging 110 all year and gently caress fantasy god drat it

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

RCarr posted:

I don't think this is possible. For example, I dropped Arizona defense Wednesday Nov 8th. I still cannot place a waiver claim on them for tomorrow morning, which is an entire week later.

In your case it's because Arizona played Thursday night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

Arizona played Thursday so they likely never came off waivers in between then and now

efb

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa, what day was Alex Smith dropped last week?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
PPR.

With Buck Allen seemingly being phased out, it would be wise for me to pick up Maclin and drop Allen right? Maclins a free agent some how in my 14 person league. It's hard to say goodbye to someone who has brought me such joy, but his role going forward is uncertain. However, so it Woodhead's health honestly. Not sure what to do.

RB: Howard, Mixon, Peterson, Coleman, Morris, Bucky
WR: Thomas, Jeffrey, Thelien, Hogan

Dropping Bucky and getting Marlin seems decent.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

RCarr posted:

As an example, in my Yahoo league, Kupp was dropped Thursday morning, cleared Saturday, and we added by someone from FA Sunday morning. Two or three day waivers is pretty common, I think, so it's pretty easy for someone to clear between Wednesday drops and Sunday/Monday waivers.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scraping the bottom of the barrel here, how would you rank Burkhead, Ekeler, and Rod Smith going forward? Standard scoring, 0 PPR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Poque posted:

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here, how would you rank Burkhead, Ekeler, and Rod Smith going forward? Standard scoring, 0 PPR.

Burkhead, Rod, Ekeler would be my 0 ppr ranking of those 3.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

November 8th.

It doesn’t matter if the same person who dropped him tried to pick him up because I did that with Greg the Leg a few weeks ago on his bye.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

On one hand I'm ok with my best friend beating me in my big money league this week on the other hand how the gently caress did he put up 158 points when he's been averaging 110 all year and gently caress fantasy god drat it

Played the #1 team in BML last week and he put up literally the lowest point total anyone has scored all year (57)
Angel wings for my BML team this year.

Poque posted:

This is stupid, but Butker or Succop ROS? Or is it impossible to predict and I should just go with whoever I like more?

Yeah I'm looking at stuff like estimated scoring for their teams ROS, and it doesn't look like there's a major difference. Probably KC just because Tennessee might still have a few of those games where they just don't click on offense. Or if Mariota gets hobbled it really nerfs their ability to move.

Goon Week 11 Waiver Wire Advice: QB RB WR TE

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Played the #1 team in BML last week and he put up literally the lowest point total anyone has scored all year (57)
Angel wings for my BML team this year.

Yeah I'm looking at stuff like estimated scoring for their teams ROS, and it doesn't look like there's a major difference. Probably KC just because Tennessee might still have a few of those games where they just don't click on offense. Or if Mariota gets hobbled it really nerfs their ability to move.

since your article says avoid keenum what do i do

Fitzmagick
Keenum
StantonGabbert
Hundley
Cutler

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
What does everyone think about Evans ROS? I got a guy interested in giving him up for Goff. I already have Wentz. This is 14 team, 1 PPR.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

since your article says avoid keenum what do i do

Fitzmagick
Keenum
StantonGabbert
Hundley
Cutler

I'm in a similar position, and about to pull the trigger on Bortles. Hoping Mariota gets dropped so I can scoop him up as well and trade off Bortles/Mariota ROS. This is what I have been reduced to, a shell of a man.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pubic works project posted:

What does everyone think about Evans ROS? I got a guy interested in giving him up for Goff. I already have Wentz. This is 14 team, 1 PPR.

Mike Evans?

Cotton Candidasis posted:

I'm in a similar position, and about to pull the trigger on Bortles. Hoping Mariota gets dropped so I can scoop him up as well and trade off Bortles/Mariota ROS. This is what I have been reduced to, a shell of a man.

Yeah it sucks. If I can get through this week I should be set though.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

oops

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 14, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

November 8th.

It doesn’t matter if the same person who dropped him tried to pick him up because I did that with Greg the Leg a few weeks ago on his bye.

If he is on waivers it does. You can't put in a waiver claim for a player you dropped. In your case, he cleared waivers and was a free agent. So I don't know what anyone is complaining about. Literally anyone in the league could and should have picked up him up when he cleared waivers Saturday.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Evans as a first round pick has been awful. Getting Evans for Goff is a steal.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I don't intend to offend you, but your articles confuse me. What is the point of having a waiver wire column where you list 3 guys and tell us not to pick any of them up? Am I just missing the fact that it's a satire on fantasy football articles, or what?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm low on Evans since his QB situation is murky but that's a no-brainer accept for a guy you shouldn't be using ROS anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

decypher posted:

PPR.

With Buck Allen seemingly being phased out, it would be wise for me to pick up Maclin and drop Allen right? Maclins a free agent some how in my 14 person league. It's hard to say goodbye to someone who has brought me such joy, but his role going forward is uncertain. However, so it Woodhead's health honestly. Not sure what to do.

RB: Howard, Mixon, Peterson, Coleman, Morris, Bucky
WR: Thomas, Jeffrey, Thelien, Hogan

Dropping Bucky and getting Marlin seems decent.

I'm holding on to Buck for at least one more week just to see how things shake out.

• Locked thread