Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

Fuckin' useless gimpass knife
:gitgud:

FAUXTON posted:

I have on the arms dealer guy, but it was largely due to the lack of coordination and focus. Got split up, swamped by waves of adds, and just ended up dying over and over without putting enough damage on the boss.
Tip for all- boss has three health bars. Take the first to a short hair above halfway and do nothing, wait for Solar to pop. When it does, all of you lay into the boss with Merciless. He will be dead in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Got a fun run of the raid in with goons last night and gotta admit it's way more fun than I feel it should be; I think it must be because of the variety to the encounters or something. Sadly still not killed Calus, but we'd have had him if i didn't have to go to bed. Must be pretty quick to run once everyone knows what they're doing.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

My Kingdom for a freakin Merciless

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Dead Like Rev posted:

I have one, it sits at 280 since I haven't seen another fusion in about 3 weeks :sad:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dead Like Rev posted:

Or a Sweet Business. Or a Guiding Star. Or a Coil. Seems the only exotics I get are either useless or ones I already got.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
You motherfuckers need jesusThorn.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Jumping Tier List

S Tier:
Hunter

A Tier:
Titan

F- Tier:
Warlock

Truth. I did the O Captain mission where you have to jump space rocks on my titan. There was a jump I barely made or no correction.

Hunter I could correct to land on a dime after what felt like a 100 yards of distance travelled.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
My warlock floats like a beautiful delicate butterfly and I will hear no ill spoken of this.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I love the Warlock jump but man that raid section jumping through the course hosed me up

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Strafe glide is pretty excellent once you get used to the timings.

When you've been playing hunter all day then switch to a warlock it sucks pretty hard though.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I actually like the titan jumps the least and feel that the balanced warlock glide is competitive with triple jump under most circumstances.

Triple jump is still the best, though.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I do the gauntlet every week as a warlock and find it mostly fine. I still wish I had the hunter jump though.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I spent a lot of time just jumping everywhere and got the hang of the lock jumps. It's pretty great now. I especially enjoy jumping and gliding in pvp. When you run in close and jump your opponent is generally looking for you to hit the ground and not be floating above them. Of course if you try and glide when someone has some range on you and good LOS you're hosed.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Warlock jumps are fine if you know where you're going from the start. Sometimes they're even desirable. The problems come when you want to make corrections to your trajectory mid-flight, or barely clip something, or need to recover from a fall. Your ability to do so is extremely limited or nonexistent. You can feather the jump button, attempt to strafe, etc. but the fact is the warlock jump has little impulse of its own and is highly dependant on the initial conditions of the jump.

Also everything about the way blink functions is loving awful. I have no idea how they managed to make literal teleportation frustrating.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

ReverendDre posted:

I have one, it sits at 280 since I haven't seen another fusion in about 3 weeks :sad:

I haven't gotten a single AR since I got War Rig and decided to try it out with Origin Story. OS is sitting at the low 200s. :negative:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Blink is momentum-based with a slight skew towards where you're looking, but it's never been implemented fantastically well and shouldn't be used for precise movement. It's just something that was implemented because of the cool factor and a nod to the RPG staple.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I never used Blink until last night and I decided to use it for a last winding cove exploit grind. Got pretty used to it over 30 minutes or so, enough to say it sucks rear end against mastery of burst glide

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Patrols should really reward a faction rally token. Would be a nice way to pick some up between Public Events and Lost Sectors.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Did the winding cove get patched?

I just found out and I really want to grind some tokens and such.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

OxySnake posted:

can you still turn in faction tokens? I thought it was the week of the faction rally only

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I must have grinded out 400 tokens last night and still didn't get the full FWC armor set. Just dupes. :(

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Sanzuo posted:

I must have grinded out 400 tokens last night and still didn't get the full FWC armor set. Just dupes. :(
Don't have to patch an exploit if the players don't gain much from it, I guess. That emo piece of poo poo never gave me anything after 5 engrams besides The Rattler which is awful.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug

Edmond Dantes posted:

I haven't gotten a single AR since I got War Rig and decided to try it out with Origin Story. OS is sitting at the low 200s. :negative:

Infuse it to get it usable! If it's a purple I might use, and I get a blue that's higher power, it gets infused. Don't care if I'm not using it right now, but might want to.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
War Rig is awesome. The Raid AR gets bonus damage and accuracy while on a low clip, so you just gun it down to 15 ammo and try not to expend the clip while using war rig. Bam, it's like you have a more accurate pulse rifle that lets you crush precision shots with impunity AND you never have to reload!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Syves posted:

Infuse it to get it usable! If it's a purple I might use, and I get a blue that's higher power, it gets infused. Don't care if I'm not using it right now, but might want to.

yes, infuse the ARs that he just said he's not getting at all into it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Dietrich posted:

Try running the gauntlet as a warlock :(

I do it every week without a problem, just using the forward momentum jump and it's easy.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
The gauntlet is easy. The ships in King’s Fall... There are people who probably ran that raid 10+ times and still can’t do the ships.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Jumping Tier List

Hunters and Warlocks can jump back into the trash, where they belong.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

limaCAT posted:

Hunters and Warlocks can jump back into the trash, where they belong.

Lmao at titans talking poo poo while cowering behind their walls.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Schneider Heim posted:

Any tips on leveling alts? I'm leveling a Warlock right now, and the glide is really a step down from double jump imo. Which glide should I use?

Jumping as a Warlock is fine, you just need to learn to always double tap jump immediately. Never wait before pressing it again if you want to go up.

I like Balanced Glide, as it's a mix of height and strafing boosts.

Dietrich posted:

Try running the gauntlet as a warlock :(

What, like it's hard? I just did Gauntlet this weekend as a Warlock and it's trivial :)

Bust Rodd posted:

The only part of this that really sucks is when you need a Top row Orb right in front of a big pit, you have to drop out of the hole and do this weird 180 shimmy straight down or you just float passively into the fog and die. Doing it on my hunter 3rd this week was insane.

You realize you can hit jump again to turn off glide, right?

OxySnake posted:

Faction rally is over. No more token farming period.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Tei posted:

You motherfuckers need jesusThorn.

Holy poo poo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

My warlock jump experience was saying to a friend "at least one nice thing about the warlock is that the float doesn't seem to run out" and then it immediately ran out and I fell to my death

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
It lasts a very long time, so you must've been gliding down from something very high for it to go out :)

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I got a lot better with the warlock jump when I realized you can turn it off at any point, fall a little (or a lot, I guess), turn it back on if needed most of the time and I'm now able to adjust more while mid-air.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

kippa posted:

I do it every week without a problem

🤔

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

TheDK posted:

I got a lot better with the warlock jump when I realized you can turn it off at any point, fall a little (or a lot, I guess), turn it back on if needed most of the time and I'm now able to adjust more while mid-air.

i understood this from the get go and yet still think the warlock's jump is a hot fart both figuratively and literally

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
need two more for Thursday at 6pm GMT/1pm EST, and Osmosisch is setting something up for Monday night.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

Got a 300 sweet business and a little later a 303 one.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The faction rallys owned for getting just about every archetype of weapon and also a bunch of gunsmith shards from duplicates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Manky posted:

I never used Blink until last night and I decided to use it for a last winding cove exploit grind. Got pretty used to it over 30 minutes or so, enough to say it sucks rear end against mastery of burst glide

Lol 30 min of running through a hallway. You really put that jump through it's paces.

• Locked thread