Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Wait. What's my name from? Some dude said it in a chatroom when I was 13 and I assumed it totally random. This is rocking my worldview.

It's from David Foster Wallace's novel The Broom of the System. The main characters brother is a genius drug dealer with a synthetic leg. If someone wants their college papers written, he tells them to "Feed my leg", which means to put drugs into a drawer in the leg as payment. He says it quite a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Geez. Between going 2 years not knowing I had a (glorious) avatar and this, I'm due for a forum identity crisis.

Now I've gotta read some DFW I guess.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The more good natured Matt Gourley gets, the more deranged he is, and he's EXTRA deranged. Great pistol shrimps episode.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the idea of jimmy pardo going on hollywood handbook, or even just having to interact with sean out of character, is insanely funny to me and i would donate $20 to make that happen.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I really enjoyed Raised By TV even though the first episode is just a repeat of the High and Mighty episode of the same name, with Gabrus and Lapkus running scattershot through "Remember this? Remember this?" and only being about television 2/3rds of the time. They have complementary energies.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

I really enjoyed Raised By TV even though the first episode is just a repeat of the High and Mighty episode of the same name, with Gabrus and Lapkus running scattershot through "Remember this? Remember this?" and only being about television 2/3rds of the time. They have complementary energies.

It's the most candid I've hear Lapkus act. I liked it, and will keep listening.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Same, I don’t really listen to anything else that covers nostalgic pop culture so it seems fun even if a ton of references will go over my head.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I feel the most candid lapkis has been is every time she says “gross!” And then doubles down.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Work Friend Keven posted:

I feel the most candid lapkis has been is every time she says “gross!” And then doubles down.

Like this?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

a pipe smoking dog posted:

They weren't making GBS threads on them? I think Gourley was just doing a Mr Plinkett impression after Mira brough up star trek nemesis

That was a very unflattering impression. I read it as mocking.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Rip to Louis

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

He should go back on Maron and talk about the pain that led him to jack off.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I really thought he had been on CBB at least a couple of times but looking it up I guess not

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh, so it was him. I mean I knew it probably was, but I had a hard time following those rumors when they first appeared.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Biggest revelation for me here was that the "female comedic duo" mentioned in that blind item so many years ago was not, in fact, Garfunkle & Oates. Or Frangela.

Sinteres posted:

He should go back on Maron and talk about the pain that led him to jack off.

This is...almost certainly what will happen.

Good out for Maron, though, now he can say they never reconciled. (That episode of Louie was pretty brilliant.)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lol it's been forever since I listened to this episode, I wish they still did video.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did a female comedian say it was someone other than Louie? Do we have two serial meat beaters?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The only previous public accusation was Jen Kirkman who separately complained about louie hitting on her or something & someone else pulling their dick out, in separate incidents. People assumed Louie was the latter but he was not. Doug Stanhope claimed it was him, who pulled his dick out in front of Jen Kirkman. Also theres a basically endless number of comics who get their dicks out "as a bit".

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The Dough Boys (AKA the true "boys" of podcasting) are on the latest how did this get made and it's really good, check it out if you usually dip on hdtgm for the usual reasons (stale format, jason yelling over everyone).

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Help Im Alive posted:

I really thought he had been on CBB at least a couple of times but looking it up I guess not

he was a regular on the stage show when it was Comedy Death Ray. I don't remember him being on the podcast ever. I don't think they like, scrubbed the archives or anything.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

The only previous public accusation was Jen Kirkman who separately complained about louie hitting on her or something & someone else pulling their dick out, in separate incidents. People assumed Louie was the latter but he was not. Doug Stanhope claimed it was him, who pulled his dick out in front of Jen Kirkman. Also theres a basically endless number of comics who get their dicks out "as a bit".

Stanhope "claimed" that it was him because the 2012 Gawker blind item referring to him as "our nation's most hilarious stand-up comic and critically cherished sitcom auteur" and "SHAMELESS funnyman" were so glaringly obvious, that it was clear he was joking.

http://gawker.com/5894527/which-beloved-comedian-likes-to-force-female-comics-to-watch-him-jerk-off

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Douge Stamhope.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
HH take over Doughboys.
Doughboys take over How Did This Get Made?
The hdtgm crew will take back the show less than a year.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Hey everybody, good news: The geniuses at Earwolf have loving done it again."

That's an opening salvo that makes me think I'm in for a good Hollywood Handbook.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's a really good one, and they have another great in-house ad to read. Hard to think of worse copy to give to Sean if you want a sincere read then a psychedelic science (?) podcast.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
LETS PUT A RED SMILE ON THAT FACE

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"I have this really unique specific experience where I was watching all the most popular poo poo back then." I don't think I've ever heard Sean crack himself up that hard

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

"Hey everybody, good news: The geniuses at Earwolf have loving done it again."

That's an opening salvo that makes me think I'm in for a good Hollywood Handbook.
this is my second favorite hollywood handbook ad ever, it was really good.

#1 is the santaman one where santa was shaving symbols into the reindeer to remember them and features the spoken direction "ms. claus get tired, she sit down."

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Santa Man calling because the hooker is dead is best.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

#1 is the santaman one where santa was shaving symbols into the reindeer to remember them and features the spoken direction "ms. claus get tired, she sit down."

Which episode is this?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Y'all are mistaken. Santa man digging himself out of a frozen grave to get revenge is the best.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hwee hwee hwee hwee

what is Santa Man's origin story? where he come from.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Y'all are mistaken. Santa man digging himself out of a frozen grave to get revenge is the best.
Hayes’s laugh when Sean improvs Moriarty:argh: ties the whole moment together.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I bet Sean’s dog looks so smug

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Crindee posted:

"I have this really unique specific experience where I was watching all the most popular poo poo back then." I don't think I've ever heard Sean crack himself up that hard

Finally got around to listening to this and came here to post this exact quote. I laughed so hard at this that my wife asked me what I was laughing at. I had to do that thing where you way overexplain a podcast joke to an embarrassing extent, and it doesn't land at all.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I am always a few weeks behind, but the whole Harvard vs Second City thing cracks me up every time. I am just confused if they are talking about themselves or each other? Either way I like how much it makes The Boys laugh. :allears:

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Snowmankilla posted:

I am always a few weeks behind, but the whole Harvard vs Second City thing cracks me up every time. I am just confused if they are talking about themselves or each other? Either way I like how much it makes The Boys laugh. :allears:

https://twitter.com/SeanClements/status/921458231913865216

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Which episode is this?
i don't know but i know i've heard it a lot, so maybe on one of the sharpling episodes, or pft/wengert, or wendigabrus... can't remember.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I did for about 3 seconds think they were giving me a shoutout as their biggest fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

uber_stoat posted:

hwee hwee hwee hwee

what is Santa Man's origin story? where he come from.

He's from the freaking North Pole!