Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1462969633594470781

Couldn't find where the patch notes were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

tote up a bags posted:

Is the parkour fun or is it janky as poo poo PLEASE say its not janky

Vaulting fixes one of my biggest annoyances which is trying to get over a wall or fence and messing up the jump.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I did it!

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Star Man posted:

I did it!

Just played a bit of vaulty-jumpy on the test server. Disappointed that I couldn't climb the freight containers.

Edit: Wow, driving the motorbike (non-sidecar version) just got real easy. Can no longer oversteer as much, so I can turn at 130 km/h without tipping.
I kind of liked the old, high-risk driving better. Janky as it was.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Nov 14, 2017

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

VulgarandStupid posted:

I only played a little bit of test, and it seems mostly fine. My biggest gripe is that vaulting interrupts your reloading where crouch jumping didn't.

It's different, but I like the realism it adds. Hopefully they disable shooting while Jumping in a future patch.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

daslog posted:

It's different, but I like the realism it adds. Hopefully they disable shooting while Jumping in a future patch.

It's already very inaccurate

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It's already very inaccurate

it is inaccurate but there is something about getting headshot by a shotgun from a jumping goon that bothers me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Star Man posted:

I did it!

daslog posted:

it is inaccurate but there is something about getting headshot by a shotgun from a jumping goon that bothers me.

This was my favorite thing in CS:Source and the nerfing of such made me never play CS:GO.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 14, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is it weird for them to overhaul the ballistics without first addressing things like the slow tick rate? That seems like it would have a direct bearing on the feel of whatever they're trying to accomplish.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
I’m kinda sad they took out crouch jumping because it would let you get to crazy places like the top of the trifecta or a duplex.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
All the vehicles handle differently and make different noises now too. Also the beginning plane and parachute are much quieter (yay). Taking out crouch jumping really does suck, but I get why they only wanted either vaulting OR crouch jumping. Vaulting seems OK.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, some interesting updates for sure.

Going through a window now breaks the glass, which is a big change.

Unless it's a bug, it doesn't seem like you can change the zeroing while using a red dot anymore (but you can with iron sights).

New buggy and bike sounds are pretty cool.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

In addition to the sound changes, it also looks like they changed how vehicles behave on different terrains. You definitely slide further while braking on grass/dirt than you do on pavement.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
My one complaint is the enormous change of the guns. I know it was early access, but it seems they did an enormous overhaul with ballistics for all guns, specifically making it a lot harder the farther someone is away. Which is fine I guess, but it's certainly going to be like learning a new game gun wise.

I like the new brightness changes on the red dot/holo/2x :D

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yodzilla posted:

Is it weird for them to overhaul the ballistics without first addressing things like the slow tick rate? That seems like it would have a direct bearing on the feel of whatever they're trying to accomplish.
Ballistics is much easier to tweak. Moving to a higher tickrate isn't always just changing a number in the server config.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Helter Skelter posted:

Ballistics is much easier to tweak. Moving to a higher tickrate isn't always just changing a number in the server config.

They’re different teams, too, I’m sure!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I was just actually impressed with the devs for once. They jammed a LOT of stuff into this patch after not really doing much for 3-4 months.

FPS is better, vehicles are better, sounds are better, vaulting seems OK, and beginning loot grabbing is better. Also the CS style kill feed owns.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

VulgarandStupid posted:

That's only 800m.

Anyway this is a video from June, so maybe it's been changed, showing people de-rendering at 1KM.

Ah ok, still though it was a hell of a shot

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Thom P. Tiers posted:

beginning loot grabbing is better

Unless I was super unlucky the one game I played, it was worse than ever before. I attempted to pick up a S686 and the 10 shells next to it. Within the first 2 minutes of a round, I will just look at the ground and press F to pick it up. Usually I'll have to press F 4 or 5 times to actually get the item. On the test server, I had to press F about 8 or 9 times to actually get the item.

Also, people were lagging all over the place.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

And also they warned about client crashes because they can't change anything without breaking 4 other things but oh well.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

Changing ballistics behavior much later would cause more players to have to relearn stuff whereas just improving quality of life by performance enhancements doesn't require players to do anything. While I do hope they fix the performance/tickrate I can understand why they'd want to make the gameplay changes while still under the "Early Access" umbrella.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Did they reduce the Ticketrate?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I hope they beef up the vests and helmets a little bit taking three shots to dead on level two vest and helmet is kind of ridiculous.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

I hope they beef up the vests and helmets a little bit taking three shots to dead on level two vest and helmet is kind of ridiculous.

They changed the damage modifiers from "Same damage modifiers to all hit areas for all weapons" to "Different damage modifiers to hit areas based on weapon class or type." They are also allowing helmets to protect ya neck at a 25% less than normal headshot damage. (Before, the neck was considered a straight headshot)

So they are changing how damage is applied, but didn't really say much about vest penetration.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Maybe the next add is trauma plate inserts, for more loot and more realism. :v:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Appoda posted:

Maybe the next add is trauma plate inserts, for more loot and more realism. :v:

But since they're made by the lowest bidder, one in five doesn't actually provide any extra protection and still takes up space.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gimme a pistol shoulder stock attachment

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Has anybody deciphered what the new white bar means in your inventory space? Obviously when you go to pick up an item it shows how much space it would take up in the bag, and if you highlight an item in your own inventory, it shows up much space it would save if you removed it (by shading red). But what does the white shade that doesn't go up all the way to the top of the bar mean?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hockles posted:

Has anybody deciphered what the new white bar means in your inventory space? Obviously when you go to pick up an item it shows how much space it would take up in the bag, and if you highlight an item in your own inventory, it shows up much space it would save if you removed it (by shading red). But what does the white shade that doesn't go up all the way to the top of the bar mean?

Edit: Misunderstood your question.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

WhatEvil posted:

And also they warned about client crashes because they can't change anything without breaking 4 other things but oh well.

This is all video games and it's a test server anyway but go off I guess.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

hawowanlawow posted:

Gimme a pistol shoulder stock attachment

:getin:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sadly I doubt someone else already made a model for them

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This is why RE4 owns bones to this day.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

In my ongoing record of stupid deaths I got ganked because I had trouble looting a body and couldn't figure out why I had no inventory space. Just before I got blasted I realised that I had 14 First Aid Kits. :cripes:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

DrNutt posted:

This is why RE4 owns bones to this day.

I was just going to say Resident Evil is the only game series I can think of with pistol stocks and it was great.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Looks like the new official strategy guide is out

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Lemon posted:

In my ongoing record of stupid deaths

Just after landing, I chased another player, landed a single fist hit, whereupon we proceeded to spend a good two minutes on foot running around Ruins, parkouring like two motherfuckers, me wielding a pan and her/him with nothing. Sadly that one blow was all I was able to land, and it ended when they finally climbed the Church and managed to (while running) pick up a shotgun and put two shells in while I missed two wide open swings. I died as number 75 I think.

If you were that player, I salute you for your excellent dodging skills.
It may also have had something to do with me playing on the NA server from Scandinavia, but I really ought to have done better.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Hell yeah, top 1,000 in NA Solo by playing like the biggest bitch baby coward I can. gently caress getting kills, just hide until the top 20. Got my 2nd chicken dinner just now in 60ish games by getting 4 kills at the very end.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Lemon posted:

record of stupid deaths
https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedColdbloodedTurnipJonCarnage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Hell yeah, top 1,000 in NA Solo by playing like the biggest bitch baby coward I can. gently caress getting kills, just hide until the top 20. Got my 2nd chicken dinner just now in 60ish games by getting 4 kills at the very end.

You have higher stats, but i feel i have a higher FPM rating, so take that nerd. (fun per match)

• Locked thread