Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I saw the Golden Crucible prints from WMW but I heard there's other new stuff on unreleased models floating around out there, like the new Circle caster. Anyone have any tidbits on the rest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
New circle caster is called Iona the Unseen, a Tharn warrior woman with one large sword and claws with a kicking rad headdress.

That’s all that’s been revealed so far.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

head58 posted:

Maybe, but there’s no real way of knowing what was changed and what wasn’t. If I look at a regular Doom Reavers card it says Berserk only triggers on Destroyed. I have no way of knowing that it added “or Injured” on the CoI card. That change isn’t a given based on just the rule book.

It is in the core CoI rulebook. Under Model Status: Injured. 'If a model's casualty roll results in it becoming injured, it is considered to have been destroyed for triggering special rules that grant attacks and movement.'

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

S.J. posted:

So I've been getting into Convergence lately and WMW showed I've got a lot to learn still, but I'm very interested in the new caster. If anyone's got any experience with the faction, please critique this. I also feel like I'm going to be adding Elish into a lot of my lists to help deal with upkeeps and add a little accuracy to clutch rolls.

https://conflictchamber.com/#cc201b_-0ijBdmdmdBd4d4d9dadaj6dfdfdgdg

Convergence Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Destruction Initiative

!!! Your army contains a pre-release entry.

(Orion 1) Eminent Configurator Orion [+28]
- Assimilator [16]
- Assimilator [16]
- Corollary [6]
- Diffuser [6]
- Diffuser [6]
- Inverter [15]
- Monitor [16]
- Monitor [16]
Eilish Garrity, the Occultist [5]
Elimination Servitors [0(3)]
Reflex Servitors [0(4)]
Reflex Servitors [0(4)]

I really can't see a reason to not take at least one TEP. It makes up to three free shield guards every turn and is completely and utterly bonkers on Orion's feat turn (6d6 ho ho). Not to mention Spellpiercer. I know I'll have two in any Orion list I run. The Permutation Servitors are the best shield guards in the game because there is literally 0 cost to them being destroyed. Even though your other servitors are pretty low cost there's no reason to throw them away when you can just pop out 3-6 free "ignore this shot" tokens a turn.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah that's fair, but I really wanted to take maximum advantage of reposition and RAT 7. I think I'll probably try this list out anyways but I had already been wanting to put the TEP in for the reasons you covered. I can make the following changes to get a jack-based shield guard with a little more melee threat in the list, get the TEP, and throw an arc node in in case I want to throw out Forced Induction at long range to blow up enemy infantry or beat up on a Cryx arc node or something, or just be lazy and give me more leeway on where I can put Magic Bullets out.

https://conflictchamber.com/#cc201b_-0ijBdmdndBd4d4d9dadCj6dfdfdgdgdF

Convergence Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Destruction Initiative

!!! Your army contains a pre-release entry.

(Orion 1) Eminent Configurator Orion [+28]
- Assimilator [16]
- Conservator [12]
- Corollary [6]
- Diffuser [6]
- Diffuser [6]
- Inverter [15]
- Monitor [16]
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex [2]
Eilish Garrity, the Occultist [5]
Reflex Servitors [0(4)]
Reflex Servitors [0(4)]
Transfinite Emergence Projector [19]

Also: it bugs me that Mother's servitors aren't shield guards in theme. What's up with that?

S.J. fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 6, 2017

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I'm still waiting on my NQPrime copy. It's now listed as unavailable and my order as pending resupply by PP's reseller in my country. More proof that they really picked the worse possible company, in addition to the straight $ to € conversion, lacking translation and pure incompetence (no new player guide in Mk3 boxes because they never could translate it. All you have is a leaflet which point to a non existing link on their website). Oh, and their contact form is hosed. :smith:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

I'm still waiting on my NQPrime copy. It's now listed as unavailable and my order as pending resupply by PP's reseller in my country. More proof that they really picked the worse possible company, in addition to the straight $ to € conversion, lacking translation and pure incompetence (no new player guide in Mk3 boxes because they never could translate it. All you have is a leaflet which point to a non existing link on their website). Oh, and their contact form is hosed. :smith:

Where do you live?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Dont suppose any UK goons are selling Mercs? Specifically Freebooters, Mariners, Dirty Meg, Taryn, and Kayazy Eliminators?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

S.J. posted:

Where do you live?

:france:
The local supplier, Victoria Games is pretty much Games Workshop. :v:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
In honor of the Wolds Cid going live I put together a dumb Bradigus list from what models I have:

code:
War Room Army

Circle Orboros - gusdibrad

Theme: The Bones of Orboros
3 / 3 Free Cards     75 / 75 Army

Bradigus Thorle the Runecarver - WB: +27
-    Wold Guardian - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
-    Wold Guardian - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
-    Woldwarden - PC: 14
-    Woldwarden - PC: 14
-    Woldwatcher - PC: 8

Blackclad Stoneshaper - PC: 3
Blackclad Stoneshaper - PC: 0
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 0
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 0
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1

Shifting Stones - Leader & 2 Grunts: 3
Shifting Stones - Leader & 2 Grunts: 3

THEME: The Bones of Orboros

Any thoughts? It's possible to drop both wardens and the gobber for Megalith and a Wyrd for spell hate. Probably pair with a 2una in Devour or Kaya3 in call for double Synergy silliness. Circle is my backup faction so this is just for rando game nights. A bit concerned for a fury 6 warlock running that many heavies, even with blackclad support staff, stones, and construct-no-frenzy.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Man when's the real Circle CiD??? I demand fury 4 satyrs and a 30 pt storm raptor.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Man when's the real Circle CiD??? I demand fury 4 satyrs and a 30 pt storm raptor.

My guess. February?

Legion is next I bet followed by khador.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Can’t wait for my Tharn CiD. I have my second unit of Ravagers on the way and I have the need to apply axe to face.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This is my new jam and it is so good. :getin:

I'd love to get a second Hero and/or a second SSC, but I can't figure out where to get the points. I could drop the Mauler for a light, but it's so good for 15 pts! And the Bomber really adds some necessary ranged threat as well as Far Strike for Madrak. A 12" throw with 4" ricochet gets to some surprising places as it turns out.

https://conflictchamber.com/#c7201b_-0a4N0r9Djq6G6M6O0o0l0miTbKcCiTcC

Trollbloods Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Band of Heroes

(Madrak 1) Madrak Ironhide, Thornwood Chieftain [+29]
- Dire Troll Bomber [19]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0(5)]
Fell Caller Hero [0(5)]
Stone Scribe Chronicler [4]
Trollkin Champion Hero [0(5)]
Kriel Warriors (max) [11]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Stone Scribe Elder [3]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
- Skaldi Bonehammer [5]
- Trollkin Sorcerer (1) [3]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
- Trollkin Sorcerer (1) [3]

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
12" ricochet is a joy to use and behold. So is your opponent's expression when you tell them what it is 2qnd he has blood boon.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I'd love to know what PP think of the current state of Durgen Madhammer and the Highshields. I feel like if Durgen's feat hadn't taken a hit and just been straight buffed (so still gave additional dice on blast damage instead of boosting it) he'd still be bad, but would actually do the thing that you think he'll do when you take him. As is, he doesn't quite manage to solve a problem that doesn't even exist. Like, Ghost Fleet should be terrified of him, but, nah.

I say this coming off the back of my fourth game in a row with him where my opponents list accidentally and totally not on purpose utterly countered Durgen. I mean they were all fun, and I know he's not a top priority, but I do wonder if they see him as a problem or think he's fine.

Likewise high-shields, I don't really know what they think about them at all. I'd love to know what their opinion is.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I've been playing Haley 3 in Grave Diggers and it's been a lot of fun putting her back on the table.

My new favourite thing to do is to cast Tactical Supremacy on the Haley unit, charge a target and repo forward to extend the Temporal Distortion bubble 17 inches up the field. Ghost walk is also an option if I need to move through targets with magical weapons too. I managed to catch Rahn out with this yesterday which dropped him to Def 13 for my fully loaded Grenadier and full unit of Trencher Long Gunners to shoot him up(he died on the last CRA from the long gunners.)

Also a Dominated Discordia advancing forward into range of a flanking Trench Buster and Ragman makes for a fairly sad Ret player. The Buster did over half its boxes on its own.

My list in case anyone is interested.

Haley Prime
- Haley Future
- Haley Past
- Grenadier
- Grenadier
- Lancer

Trench Buster
Trench Buster
Maxwell Finn (free)
Patrol Dog (free)
Ragman
Commander Hitch (free)
Aiyana & Holt
- Murdoch
Min Trenchers
- Officer and Sniper
- Rifle Grenadier
- Rifle Grenadier
Trencher Long Gunners
- Officer
Express Team

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 10, 2017

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Trench Busters are amazing and hit like a loving freight train. I don't know if you need the trencher UA with Haley 3 if you plan on relying on the cloud wall since there's some anti-synergy there, you could instead fill out the full unit and drop the WAs. The extra points can turn a Lancer into Thorn, I believe?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
The UA is there because I tend to face a lot of things that ignore clouds and Cautious Advance is great in that situation. Advance, dig in and shoot has a lot of value against my regular Legion opponent for example.

In the game against Rahn I never dropped a single cloud because the situation didn't warrant it and the trenchers were of more value shooting or engaging things. Don't get me wrong, I love the cloud wall Haley 3 can run, but I found previously that while it is real strong I was crutching too hard on it and that cost me a few games.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

So I'm looking at my CoI rulebook. Can you take a UA without taking the underlying unit, as long as you make it a commander?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
League ended last week and we had a blast. I ended 5th out of 10 and won our championship belt so I’m pretty proud of myself.

I’m getting back on my Cygnar bullshit and am gonna try my man Siege 1 in SotT and pair him with Stryker 1 in HM.

War Room Army

Cygnar - Siege SoT

Theme: Sons of the Tempest
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Fuel Cache - Steamroller Objective

Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane - WJ: +28
- Charger - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Triumph - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)

Arcane Tempest Rifleman - PC: 4
Arcane Tempest Rifleman - PC: 4
Gun Mage Captain Adept - PC: 0
Lieutenant Bastian Falk - PC: 0
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0

Arcane Tempest Gun Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 11
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 10
Black 13th Strike Force - Lynch, Ryan, & Watts: 10
Tempest Blazers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 18
Tempest Blazers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 18

So many guns, electro leaps, auto damage and boosted damage rolls (4 dice on the B13 if I get them in gun fighter range) the gun mages feel like they can hurt things.
Explosivo for RFP and a Hunter that can get up to AP 10 with boosted damage is just sick.

War Room Army

Cygnar - Stryker 1 HM

Theme: Heavy Metal
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Stockpile - Steamroller Objective

Commander Coleman Stryker - WJ: +30
- Squire - PC: 0
- Centurion - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Ol’ Rowdy - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)

Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant - PC: 4
- Stormwall - PC: 39
- Lightning Pod
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9

Trencher Combat Engineers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 5

Range 20 big guns on the Stormwall? Awww yeah.

Low model count but everything hits hard, won’t die and can sit in a zone forever.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

counterspin posted:

So I'm looking at my CoI rulebook. Can you take a UA without taking the underlying unit, as long as you make it a commander?

No. This was addressed in the latest insider:

quote:

Currently, the selection process for your company commander is confusing some people. When you build a Company of Iron, there is a separate selection tab for choosing your commander. This tab allows you to add a Command Attachment to the army without including the unit it is attached to. This is an unintended loophole, and the rules for including an attachment must still be followed when building an army.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Friendly Fire posted:

The UA is there because I tend to face a lot of things that ignore clouds and Cautious Advance is great in that situation. Advance, dig in and shoot has a lot of value against my regular Legion opponent for example.

In the game against Rahn I never dropped a single cloud because the situation didn't warrant it and the trenchers were of more value shooting or engaging things. Don't get me wrong, I love the cloud wall Haley 3 can run, but I found previously that while it is real strong I was crutching too hard on it and that cost me a few games.

Cool, those are super good reasons I just wanted to bring it up. The cloud wall loses a lot of value against a lot of stuff so banking on it can definitely lose you games and having Tac Sup on H3 can be super important.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

darnon posted:

No. This was addressed in the latest insider:

That's a shame. It doesn't seem like it would be unbalancing, since the cost of a UA presumes it's boosting a unit. I'd rather have the variety, but I understand their want to enforce an existing rule.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

!Klams posted:

I'd love to know what PP think of the current state of Durgen Madhammer and the Highshields. I feel like if Durgen's feat hadn't taken a hit and just been straight buffed (so still gave additional dice on blast damage instead of boosting it) he'd still be bad, but would actually do the thing that you think he'll do when you take him. As is, he doesn't quite manage to solve a problem that doesn't even exist. Like, Ghost Fleet should be terrified of him, but, nah.

I say this coming off the back of my fourth game in a row with him where my opponents list accidentally and totally not on purpose utterly countered Durgen. I mean they were all fun, and I know he's not a top priority, but I do wonder if they see him as a problem or think he's fine.

Likewise high-shields, I don't really know what they think about them at all. I'd love to know what their opinion is.

Don't forget Constance still exists :v:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
2-1 local event today. Gapsy2 dudespam is really good still. Cycling parasite and feat I killed a mammoth, siegeturtle, and tiberion in one turn. Charging pow 11 weaponmasters get work done to -5arm targets still. Underwhemed with the bane riders and knights performance in the list, but not sure where else I'd spend those points. Riders are surprisingly durable to most of my opponents. Still feel too dumb to use Coven, but may give them another shot, especially if the Ghost Fleet changes stick.

Re circle actual CiD: I have a feeling warpborn and blood pack are going to see buffs because those are the models I don't own. Warp wolves stay costed as they are because "everyone is already bringing them" and nothing gains pathfinder.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Continuing on through my Minions painting queue finished up Dr. Arkadius last night.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
CoI has been pretty fun and has brought people burned out back into the fold.

I do something with a model then you do something with a model is just such a better way to wargame I don't know if I'll be interested in regular WMH or other 30+ model count games again anytime soon.

And all of the games I've been in have been really close except one and that was because the other guy had a low model count army and was aggressive in the 'stay alive' scenario (#6, whatever it is called)

We got a couple of rules wrong early on that made the games last forever, rolling tough rolls on a result of a 3/4 and not boxing models that were hit again in melee after being injured stand out.

Two people who know what they are doing can have a fun game in 45 minutes. It's the sweet spot for wargaming, imo, because it makes a severe tabling much less painful. Nothing kills my motivation for wargaming faster than spending half an hour making a list and packing models, 30 minutes driving to the store, 30 minutes setting up, 30 minutes watching the other guy move, 30 minutes moving stuff and then 45 minutes getting slaughtered to the point that there's no reason to keep playing.

I don't mind losing but I mean...I don't gotta be the hottest cock at the orgy but I still wanna gently caress a little.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

lokipunk posted:

Re circle actual CiD: I have a feeling warpborn and blood pack are going to see buffs because those are the models I don't own. Warp wolves stay costed as they are because "everyone is already bringing them" and nothing gains pathfinder.

I don't know for sure about the warpwolves cost. When you compare them to Skin and Moans they start to look insanely overpriced

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Ran a small steamroller and who's the boss over the weekend - 120 casters on a table looks pretty cool.

The dude playing double siege anamantaraxen won every game, those things are pretty dumb. Shoot as well as a heavy with a gun, hit as hard as a melee heavy, cost as much as a heavy, and speed 8 pathfinder with repo.

Some WTB highlights were:

* Sturm and Drang in a khador heavy spam list.
* Zaal1 with the Tharn theme - Last Stand death wolves going in with Zaal's feat were pretty funny.

Last round was double casters, so:

* Old Witch 1 + Maddox - Scrapjack/Scrapbeast with Avatar of Slaughter, Primal, and Maddox feat has overtake, berserk, beatback, MAT10 POW20
* Bart + Kreoss1 for double knockdown feats.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

I don't know for sure about the warpwolves cost. When you compare them to Skin and Moans they start to look insanely overpriced

That is also my perspective. I'm just being salty.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I deffo feel you on that. Poor circle went from being the most annoying poo poo in the game to being at the loser end of the pool entirely by virtue of getting poor themes and grymkin aping their playstyle (but better in nearly every way)

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Jimmy Hats posted:

I deffo feel you on that. Poor circle went from being the most annoying poo poo in the game to being at the loser end of the pool entirely by virtue of getting poor themes and grymkin aping their playstyle (but better in nearly every way)

I strongly disagree with this. I haven't played either, but I play against them a bunch. Circle is "It doesn't really matter where I put my caster, I know you're somehow going to get literally any warbeast next to it and then the game is over" whereas Grymkin is "It doesn't really matter what I try to do to you, because you'll tell me that instead of that happening a bunch of my stuff dies".

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Circle is fairly strong despite their overcosted warbeasts. Dunno if the Wold changes will help with that at all.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

S.J. posted:

Circle is fairly strong despite their overcosted warbeasts. Dunno if the Wold changes will help with that at all.

Every Circle player says this, that their stuff is overcosted, so I believe its true, but being on the other end of it, it's like, you have as many beasts as I have Jacks, only all of yours can attack me from basically anywhere, and hit at p+s 20+ about 7 times and then move to where I can't hit them back.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It's not like they need to be 50% cheaper, but a lot of warjacks got a slight points reduction in the Mk3 transition that warbeasts in general didn't see.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I've been going back and forth on the warbeast point cost thing for a while. At the high end, I don't know that it really holds true. Compare a Feral Warpwolf and a Stormclad for example. Same cost, the Feral has an arguably better defensive statline (14/16(18) vs 12/18(19)), they're both Mat 7, Feral is 3 initials and 4 buys at PS 17/17/16, Stormclad has the assault shot, two initials, and 3 buys at 14/19/14 with electro-leaps. Feral out-threats if you want to use all initals, Stormclad wins if you are just using the assault shot. Then you have all the various utility effects, subrules, etc, which I'd argue all relatively equal out (animus and warping vs accumulator and electro-leaps, etc). That's a pretty equivalent lineup in my opinion.

Where I felt it starts to break down is when you get to the very focused "discount" jacks versus their beast equivalents. The Juggernaut is the big bugbear here, Mat 7, PS 19, ARM 20 34 boxes for 12 points. It's extremely focused on what it does: be a tanky melee piece that will kill whatever it gets to. Circle doesn't really have something that can compete with it. Their fightiest 12pt beast is a Gnarlhorn which is Mat 6, PS 15, Arm 18 26 boxes. Sure the Gnarlhorn out-threats, but Circle has to Primal it to even have a hope of killing the Juggernaut (and Primal is at minimum a 7 point investment) and even then it's a big ask for the goat.

However, the more I look into it, the less I feel that Hordes is working at a disadvantage, at least in terms of Heavy pricing. Fury is still better than Focus in terms of Heavies, although that gap has closed significantly (being able to relatively trivially restore aspects is a big advantage still however). While Animi are partially offset by generally superior Warmachine spell-lists, they are still a pretty big advantage a generic Warbeast has over a generic Warjack. In my example above, the Juggernaut is extremely focused on being good at Heavy v Heavy combat, whereas the Gnarlhorn is much more of a utility piece. Circle doesn't really have that discount, focused beater. The Riphorn kinda fits the bill but 14 points is a point above what I'd call discount. But is that really a problem? That's more of a specific faction strength of Khador/weakness of Circle, rather than a general warbeast pricing problem across the board. Skorne for instance is certainly not afraid of Harkevich heavy spam. Again, this is thinking specifically about the costing of heavies, not faction balance in general.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Circle pays a huge tax for having easy access to primal. When you hear the devs talk they assume every warbeast is constantly mat/str +2 with no downside. That said I'm starting to put in reps with them. Lost a game into king of nothing with a beast brick kromac2. Those spells on kill really mess up turn order. I did get him to waste ruin early on a lightning strike though.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

AttackBacon posted:

Where I felt it starts to break down is when you get to the very focused "discount" jacks versus their beast equivalents. The Juggernaut is the big bugbear here, Mat 7, PS 19, ARM 20 34 boxes for 12 points. It's extremely focused on what it does: be a tanky melee piece that will kill whatever it gets to. Circle doesn't really have something that can compete with it. Their fightiest 12pt beast is a Gnarlhorn which is Mat 6, PS 15, Arm 18 26 boxes. Sure the Gnarlhorn out-threats, but Circle has to Primal it to even have a hope of killing the Juggernaut (and Primal is at minimum a 7 point investment) and even then it's a big ask for the goat.

The problem here isn't even that - it's that the Juggernaut is a superior generic beast - and Khador is a faction that doesn't have access to Synergy. The Riphorn under maxed out Synergy is utterly grotesque. Three initial attacks, a chain attack for either a headbutt or a two handed throw, and it can buy three more attacks. Oh, and it charges for free and can get some positioning with Bulldoze that if you get your setup right you can sometimes make two claw attacks and a two handed throw on one model and four horns on the other.

That's seven attacks that are almost hard enough to maul heavies off a 14 point model - and yes you do get all seven if you aren't going to reave. The thing is terrifying if you throw in buffs. Meanwhile the Ironclad (a decent opposite number at 12 points generates one point of focus, and only has two initial attacks. Without buffs it's almost certainly better - but the effect of the buffs gets multiplied by 2-3 initial attacks not 6-7 attacks unless you dump more focus in it.

All of which means that if you have a caster who does nothing for warjacks then cheap jacks like ironclads or juggernauts are a very sensible choice - but satyrs are balanced round getting more out of buffs and debuffs than other models in their cost bracket so are a niche option that are intended to work with Primal and either Synergy or ARM debuffs. It's not so much a tax as a design of the cheap warbeasts, making them effective but niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Barnabas 2 added to War Room you beautiful assholes.

He is such a good boy and I can’t wait to field him.