Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Duck and Cover posted:

Next up? Colony season 2 probably. The new league of Path of Exile. I don't drink or do drugs and have no desire to. Like I find while there are gaps, it becomes a matter of finding something new/old to consume.

You're really underestimating the time you just have. Do you really think you could play PoE for 8 hours a day for a week? It's also hard to not see this as a nice break but your life now. Playing video games or watching TV for 12 hours a day ends up feeling like a bizzarro world job where you watch series just for the sake of watching them just so you can tell yourself you did something quasi-productive.

I also started out with light drinking and no drugs but it starts to creep in. It's not like you need to worry about being sober for really anything or waking up early the next day. There is a reason the stereotype for a bored housewife is always having a glass of wine in her hand.

Sorry for the constant badgering. I just feel strongly about this and have a unique perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

You're really underestimating the time you just have. Do you really think you could play PoE for 8 hours a day for a week? It's also hard to not see this as a nice break but your life now. Playing video games or watching TV for 12 hours a day ends up feeling like a bizzarro world job where you watch series just for the sake of watching them just so you can tell yourself you did something quasi-productive.

I also started out with light drinking and no drugs but it starts to creep in. It's not like you need to worry about being sober for really anything or waking up early the next day. There is a reason the stereotype for a bored housewife is always having a glass of wine in her hand.

Sorry for the constant badgering. I just feel strongly about this and have a unique perspective.

I think it's dumb to assume that there's no one out their who won't get bored with consuming media. gently caress I probably just spent ten minutes fiddling with this post. You're wrong since I presently serve as an example, check back in ten years. I don't generally consume x all day typically it'll be some x some y maybe some z.

Oh and I'm in my early thirties as well so yeah.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 12, 2017

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I mean a problem is if you've got nothing but freetime socializing won't help because all your friends will have jobs or school or whatever.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

It's also hard to talk about the the things you've seen. I have the time to blow through the new Call of Duty in a day while still going through the new Wolfenstein. Meanwhile my friends maybe have had time to play through something released weeks ago.

It sucks asking people if they have seen A, B, or C and they say they barely have enough time to get through half of A.

People also don't want to hear how you sat around and watched TV all day while they put in 8 hours of work.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

limp_cheese posted:

As someone that doesn't have to work I can confirm it is nice for a little while but eventually you have to get out and do SOMETHING. Smoking weed and playing video games all day is nice for a few years but it does get old. hosed up but true.

I always get a kick being in my early 30s telling guys in their 60s how to survive retirement.

Lotto goon with the beat up subaru spotted.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Is Fly really that bad on a rewatch? I super loved it the first time it aired.

Also if you are bored at home, take up miniatures painting. You'll never be bored again!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Get really into Warhammer!

If I never had to work again I think I would take a bunch of random college courses for things I always wanted to learn about and take up wood working or some other hobby that involves hand eye coordination and precision that way I don't slip into an early senility.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Lauroon Kyanka posted:

someone said twink. this conversation has peaked my interest

I think this is the guy the OP is into (unless there was another UK cyclist killer with piercings in the news I missed). He's OK I guess, nothing to get obsessed over, plus he has a mild case of backpfeifengesicht

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Solice Kirsk posted:

He could make a game of it. How many 10mm Roman legionaries can he paint in a day? Can he beat that record the next day?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Atlas Hugged posted:

He could make a game of it. How many 10mm Roman legionaries can he paint in a day? Can he beat that record the next day?

the guy from Ronin who extracts the bullet from de niro

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

This is the Original Puppet Master (the one who can have this thread closed on a whim). I take great umbrage with a second inferior "Puppet Master" using my name.

As a demonstration of my displeasure and power, I will initiate a catastrophic forums event set to take place on November 30.

This can be averted if the thread pays homage to me.

PS:I am not Fruit on the Bottom

did we have more than one puppetmaster? :confused:

Well mark your calendars

quote:

I think I may know one of the posters in this thread because of some of the stories they've told. I don't want to name them because I know you don't like posting that so I'm just gonna ask a question and if that person feels like they can answer it then I'll know I know them.

Did anyone ever live in The Failed House? If so this is Max and we should hang out again sometime.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine how many mass calamities have been averted due to puppetmasters spending all their energy dicking around on web forums instead of actually doing anything in real life.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Nooooo, mr bond_69, I expect you to ragequit!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Lauroon Kyanka posted:

someone said twink. this conversation has peaked my interest

:eng101: piqued

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I wanna see how many puppet masters I can get to add a disclaimer that they aren’t me.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm not Fruit on the Bottom;.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
EDIT::{{{{}}}HIDEPOST{{{{}}}}102984je3ij

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I refuse to acknowledge you, non-Fruit on the Bottom puppet master. Yours is a weak puppetry.

Failed House fesh, yes and I thought I heard a rumor you and Ugly died like 7 years ago. PM me.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Why don't you puppet master your way into a frozen hell, because that's the only place I'll pay homage to you!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

How exactly do we "pay homage" to them? Usually the people that demand a sacrifice mention what the sacrifice is, or at least give a hint. Guess the world is ending November 30 because the puppetmaster forgot to mention what they wanted.

What a dumbass.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Haha wow what a dummy that other guy is. Or girl. I wouldn’t know.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

I wanna see how many puppet masters I can get to add a disclaimer that they aren’t me.

Ideally all the confessions should specify this.

Just to be sure.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

fruit on the bottom posted:

Haha wow what a dummy that other guy is. Or girl. I wouldn’t know.

They should always provide some oblique reference to the leper's colony tbh.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip

Solice Kirsk posted:

If I never had to work again I think I would take a bunch of random college courses for things I always wanted to learn about and take up wood working or some other hobby that involves hand eye coordination and precision that way I don't slip into an early senility.

Nothing says awesome like 6-7k worth of warhamms figurines. On the plus side you can travel to tournaments and get drunk with other nerds all the while everyone else is confused as to why you are laughing at the term "Failed Leadership and ran off the board"

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

limp_cheese posted:

How exactly do we "pay homage" to them? Usually the people that demand a sacrifice mention what the sacrifice is, or at least give a hint. Guess the world is ending November 30 because the puppetmaster forgot to mention what they wanted.
What a dumbass.
I think that puppetmaster wants to suck a dick. You should offer yours, it’s not like you’ve got anything better to do, the rest of us have to work.

For the record, I did the not working thing for a while but I wasn’t on government pay, so eventually I ran out of money and had to go back to work. I spent a lot of time at the gym and took up computer programming. I was never bored but I was lonely sometimes. Society looks down on people who refuse to step on its metaphorical treadmill and it makes it hard to socialize.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
No gods, no [puppet]masters. get rebuked and banned, puppeteer

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve dipped in and out of this thread for like 1,000 pages and I still feel like the Puppetmaster confessions are the saddest and most loserly feshes in the thread.

I would genuinely find you more endearing and less pathetic if you confessed to being a literal puppeteer that competed with other puppeteers for mastery, but you think you think your special because you can nudge people into getting bans? There are 6 yr old bullies crowning kids in sandboxes that are legitimately tougher than you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm thinking of taking part in this year's secret santa and making a really nice homemade ornament gift for a goon santee.

But at the same time I want to participate in a reddit secret santa where the only thing the redditer gets is Tyler Perry movies and claiming I was a /the donald/ redditor doing the prank. And yes the reddit santa thing is inspired by the PYF SA Sagas thread where a goon secret santaed a redditor a bunch of trash.

What's the best way to keep up the ruse for mailing a secret santa redditor nothing but Tyler Perry movies? Also if you're gonna mention wrapping paper: I'm going to send the nice goon gift first THEN wrap the Tyler Perry gift for the redditor.

I'm not really sure what your question is honestly :confused: If you want to mail someone Tyler Perry movies for Secret Santa, you can just mail them Tyler Perry movies, right?

quote:

I am a 58 year old virgin. It’s entirely my choice, and it’s not a bad life.

I was a weird kid growing up in the 60s and 70s and didn’t fit in. I grew into my skin a bit in the 80s, but then we had the AIDS scare. Which terrified a lot of people, myself included, from ever having sex. By the time I got over that horror I was over 30 and still a virgin.

I got close, a few times in the 90s. Had a few dates, but my weird interests usually scared them off. Not many people were in to Usenet and VHS collecting back then. Definitely not many women.

I gave it one last big push in the year 2000, realizing it was my last chance. I met a woman online and we talked for months. I was 40 and finally thought I was going to lose my virginity. After a little more than a year of talking long distance she was going to fly out and visit me. Her flight took off on September 11th, 2001. I was ready to meet her, flight 93 into San Francisco.

After what happened, I was heart broken and devoteed myself to other interests.

I miss her a lot, even to this day, but my life is otherwise pretty great. I retired at age 47 and have no debt. I do what I want, which involves a lot of travel and volunteer work. I’m in good shape and expect to live another 20-30 years. To all the goons out there - stay strong and love your life and yourselves.

the part where AIDS scared someone into not having sex at all for the entire 80s was already a stretch before I even got to the :911: part

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Goddamn Al Qaeda took more than people's lives on that fateful day :911:

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip
Mastermind goon2 is really stretching there AIDS and 9/11.

SecretSanta: You could always go with sending someone glitterbombs for secret santa, that would be even more trollish

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Glitter bombs are evil. It's for a redditor so that works out. :sparkles:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was going to say if you're honestly participating in anything on reddit you should expect the worse but I forget the average redditor is well an idiot.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i saw an extremely long and disgusting series of images on imgur where a woman got mailed a glitter bomb as a prank and a piece of glitter got in her eye and somehow sliced her cornea and her eyeball became infected and after several weeks of doctors trying to save it the whole thing eventually died and she had to have it removed.

glitter bombs are no joke

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sagebrush posted:

i saw an extremely long and disgusting series of images on imgur where a woman got mailed a glitter bomb as a prank and a piece of glitter got in her eye and somehow sliced her cornea and her eyeball became infected and after several weeks of doctors trying to save it the whole thing eventually died and she had to have it removed.

Jesus, gently caress

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS: You Should Be Imprisoned If You Link to Facebook > Anonymous Confessions: gently caress your therapist, and don't glitter bomb your therapist

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

The hardest part is now she has to try to put that into perspective.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Iirc that imgur series wasn't due to a surprise glitterbomb, it was a model who used non–eye-safe glitter around her eyes for a photoshoot.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

The hardest part is now she has to try to put that into perspective.

:golfclap:

If you ever want to be a massive dick to someone with one eye toss them something while saying "catch"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I was hoping you'd get a kick out of that one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
She apparently went through two failed cornea transplants and the procedures + antibiotics made her lose her eyebrows and hair and almost gave her blood poisoning and ultimately the eye had to be removed and now she has a prosthetic. Ultimately her insurance is refusing to pay for any of it since it was all “cosmetic”.

Which is absolutely horrible and tragic and emblematic of our broken healthcare system and her life is going to be forever impacted but also an amazingly thorough self-own tbh.