Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FishBulb posted:

So is iron banner this week or not

It's infrastructure week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Chilichimp posted:

It's infrastructure week.

:golfclap:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

So is iron banner this week or not

I love how they had the detailed roadmap of all the events for the first few weeks, and then it’s just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fuckin D1 all over again lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Grenade launcher with green element???

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

cvnvcnv posted:

https://youtu.be/gmkea9ICPA8

Causes the Minotaur's shields to explode, it's Void with green flavor highlights imo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think it'd be cool if you could tell what planet you were on by how high you could jump

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

https://youtu.be/gmkea9ICPA8

Weed

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Blast me with weed element

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Maybe it does some sorta poison thing like Thorn

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
It feels like there's been an abnormally large amount of bad players in Trials the past 2 weekends :discourse:

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

absolomb posted:

It feels like there's been an abnormally large amount of bad players in Trials the past 2 weekends :discourse:

Magical matchmaking

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
I wonder if all the sweaties jumped ship to PC. The PC players on discord certainly seem to complain about trials being hard, but they might be bads.

Also, have none of my fellow XIM users moved over to PC?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Holy gently caress where did everyone go

I know y’all aren’t playing Star Wars

Are you

Horizon Zero Dawn DLC dropped, Wolfenstein is also out, etc. Other games are good and this one is dead. My Destiny friends list is in single digits at any given time now, even during Trials. When it isn't Trials, I'm lucky to see four people playing at once.

HZD DLC owns, go play it.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Mikey-San posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn DLC dropped, Wolfenstein is also out, etc. Other games are good and this one is dead. My Destiny friends list is in single digits at any given time now, even during Trials. When it isn't Trials, I'm lucky to see four people playing at once.

HZD DLC owns, go play it.

Yeah like with Wolfenstein (and the OG Wolfenstein included in the game) and the Horizon DLC, like who has time for anything but those on weekdays?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Oh and Dope Fish just reminded me that DOOM exists.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A new season just started in Diablo 3 as well.

A loot grinding game where you actually have to grind for loot.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wait is Destiny 2......insanely loving shallow and bad?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's okay not great

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

it's basically the bones of a good game... 2-3 DLC from now there should be enough content to keep people interested... they just flubbed the out-of-box delivery.

All my dudes are 305, and without something like IB or faction rally, I don't see a reason to even log in.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Evet.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's not insanely bad.

It's a fun game, just shallow. D1 was at launch though. Hopefully the expansions for D2 fix it like they did for D1.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Chilichimp posted:

it's basically the bones of a good game... 2-3 DLC from now there should be enough content to keep people interested... they just flubbed the out-of-box delivery.

Augh I'm so loving mad about this and would be livid if my friends had talked me into buying the game myself (they got it for me for my birthday so I guess I shouldn't bitch too much.)

quote:

All my dudes are 305, and without something like IB or faction rally, I don't see a reason to even log in.

How do you even get to 305? I'm near 280 and I feel like I've maxed out. I go up by like, 1 level for every 10 engrams, is that just the way of the world?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Floppychop posted:

It's not insanely bad.

It's a fun game, just shallow. D1 was at launch though. Hopefully the expansions for D2 fix it like they did for D1.

This is so frustrating. I bought D1 when Taken King came out, and they had their poo poo together. D2 is such a step backwards they're back at D1 launch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

Augh I'm so loving mad about this and would be livid if my friends had talked me into buying the game myself (they got it for me for my birthday so I guess I shouldn't bitch too much.)

How do you even get to 305? I'm near 280 and I feel like I've maxed out. I go up by like, 1 level for every 10 engrams, is that just the way of the world?

Do your weekly "powerful engram" milestones to unlock gear higher than your level.

Flashpoint: Do public quests on the planet for the week.
Call to Arms: Play like 5-8 crucible matches.
Nightfall Strike: Complete a nightfall strike.
Clan XP: Get in a guild, contributing XP will net engrams.
Clan Crucible: Win 1 game with a clan mate.
Clan Nightfall: Complete a nightfall strike with a clan mate.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

This is so frustrating. I bought D1 when Taken King came out, and they had their poo poo together. D2 is such a step backwards they're back at D1 launch.

Yup, it's this. The D1 campaign was also way, way longer, whatever that's worth. I'm hoping the DLC adds enough... but TTK wasn't even the first DLC for D1, it was the loving 3rd.

Dark Below only added a few story quests, 1 raid, and I think 1-2 strilkes? It wasn't alot.
House of Wolves added a horde-mode... but it was super shallow and only designed for 3 people... but it did introduce VARIKS BITCH, so all is forgiven.
TTK introduced a new patrol arena (the dreadnought), the new Sword heavy, and all kinds of weird hidden poo poo to lose yourself doing for hours, like calcified fragments, court of oryx, bone engram, loving Weaponsmith testing... there was so much to DO in a week.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 14, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Inspector_666 posted:

You gotta buy Bright Engrams

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Destiny is my main squeeze and Idgaf to play at all really. No endgame, no grind, even slaughtering dicks off in Crucible just ain't what it used to be. Excited for new content but pve is really all there is to look forward to. Sucks but the game sucks, so there it is.

PS+ had MGS V for free last month. First ever Metal Gear game, knew very little going in about the franchise, and thought it marvelous. Just got Mortal Kombat XL for $10 to fart around with. Idk, I don't feel like I'm gonna be playing D2 like I used to for a long time. Lots of older good PS+ freebies to play, deals happening all the time, :shrug: Year 2, like in D1, seems like the real time to get into the game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mango sentinel posted:

Right? It's insane how much time is going to have to be spent in the DLC re-introducing stuff that was already handled in the first game.

I mean, I guess I am making the assumption that they aren't going to just ignore The Reef, etc. forever now.

Chilichimp posted:

Do your weekly "powerful engram" milestones to unlock gear higher than your level.

Flashpoint: Do public quests on the planet for the week.
Call to Arms: Play like 5-8 crucible matches.
Nightfall Strike: Complete a nightfall strike.
Clan XP: Get in a guild, contributing XP will net engrams.
Clan Crucible: Win 1 game with a clan mate.
Clan Nightfall: Complete a nightfall strike with a clan mate.

I usually go the PvE ones, I guess I just haven't been paying enough attention to the level of the crap I get.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*sighs wistfully*

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Yup, it's this. The D1 campaign was also way, way longer, whatever that's worth. I'm hoping the DLC adds enough... but TTK wasn't even the first DLC for D1, it was the loving 3rd.

This is just rose colored glasses, there is hella more single player content in D2 out the box than D1 had, just little to no reason to return to any of it unless you sharded your Sondok

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Chilichimp posted:

The D1 campaign was also way, way longer, whatever that's worth.

To be fair, D2 put a ton of missions in the post-campaign adventures. They were mostly pretty good.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Chilichimp posted:

it's basically the bones of a good game

Destiny 2 feels like a prototype for Destiny 1.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Its me, the guy who used a 2 day ps plus free trial to reminisce over D1 pvp but found out I need to spend £25 on the last DLC to play crucible.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anyone on XBONE wanna do the Nightfall? GT Flexible Ethics.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

What is the Nightfall this week, anyways?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm still chasing MI/GP/SS. Maybe this is my week. But I'm sure I'll just get more loving Lincoln green/wings of go gently caress myself.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Father Wendigo posted:

What is the Nightfall this week, anyways?

Savathun's Song with momentum/inertia and time anomalies.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is anyone going to be on tomorrow morning between 0730-1000 cst? I'll be off work and good for whatever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

Savathun's Song with momentum/inertia and time anomalies.

That's easily the worst poo poo possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Chilichimp posted:

That's easily the worst poo poo possible.

Inertia is so goddamn stupid, glad I play warlock or it would be worse.

gently caress your poo poo bungie