Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Curtis Samuel done for the year that blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Samuel was just coming alive too :smith:

At least we've got Russell Shepard still!
what is it with Carolina WRs and #19 and dropping passes

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

weird Asian candy posted:

Curtis Samuel done for the year that blows

poo poo (I mean, he hasn't done much this year at all, but that still sucks)

But hey, Greg Olsen should be back after the bye! :haw:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
That's OK, the Falcons practice squad was shook up today...some questionable moves for sure. They signed QB Garrett Grayson to PS while letting go of Jermaine Grace, who was this promising young athletic LB.

Then Cincy just sniped Brian Hill off our PS which super sucks with Free out and we are now down to 2 RBs...:raise:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Brian Hill was kinda garbage though... Not into getting another QB... hope Matt Ryan's leg is okay.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/930557526084673536

Dome will be lit.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Brian Hill was kinda garbage though... Not into getting another QB... hope Matt Ryan's leg is okay.

He wasn't great, but he really never got a chance with the 1s. I wonder who they bring in though? Ryan Mathews? Ronnie Hillman? Chris Johnson? Hightower? Blegh.

That could have been bad for Matt, but he appears fine. I don't get the signing at all...

e:

Apparently none of the above. I have no clue who this guy is. Saints goons, any intel?

quote:

Sources out of Cleveland tell me Falcons plucking RB Terrence Magee, from LSU, from the Browns' practice squad.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 14, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He wasn't great, but he really never got a chance with the 1s. I wonder who they bring in though? Ryan Mathews? Ronnie Hillman? Chris Johnson? Hightower? Blegh.

That could have been bad for Matt, but he appears fine. I don't get the signing at all...

e:

Apparently none of the above. I have no clue who this guy is. Saints goons, any intel?

The name sounds familiar from LSU, but I'll be damned if I can remember him considering the last few years were the Fournette/Guice years.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

The name sounds familiar from LSU, but I'll be damned if I can remember him considering the last few years were the Fournette/Guice years.

Sounds like a pure rotational guy, former 7th rounder, passed around the league so nothing to get excited about.

On another note, Fiz what happened to your CMCvatar?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

He was a change of pace guy a few years ago. Seemed to get used mostly for sweeps and outside runs. He was okay. Can’t see him being more than JAG in the NFL.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

On another note, Fiz what happened to your CMCvatar?

He tried to post a game day thread for Monday Night Football and used the Hot tag and got banned.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

WampaLord posted:

He tried to post a game day thread for Monday Night Football and used the Hot tag and got banned.

It was glorious.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840501&perpage=40

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Auto-ban has been a part of these forums for well over a decade and still gets people. I love it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

thats like the third time

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Lmao

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My only black mark is an autoban for using the "Attention" tag. :ughh:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
2nd person who has done it this year so far

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The NFC South has 3 teams rated in the top 10 for defense:

Car - 1
Atl - 7
NO - 8

What is going ooooooooooooooooooooooooon? Carolina is expected, but look at those other 2! Which makes Atlanta's offense all the more maddening. Get that ship right and we could send both wild cards from the South.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The NFC South has 3 teams rated in the top 10 for defense:

Car - 1
Atl - 7
NO - 8

What is going ooooooooooooooooooooooooon? Carolina is expected, but look at those other 2! Which makes Atlanta's offense all the more maddening. Get that ship right and we could send both wild cards from the South.

We get a little bit of a bump from playing 3-4 dogshit QBs in a row there. Likely our numbers will come down a bit.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

We get a little bit of a bump from playing 3-4 dogshit QBs in a row there. Likely our numbers will come down a bit.

So are you still in cautious optimism mode? I was listening to the radio last night and I forget who but some "NFL Expert" was saying New Orleans may be the best team in the league right now top to bottom and I almost threw up.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So are you still in cautious optimism mode? I was listening to the radio last night and I forget who but some "NFL Expert" was saying New Orleans may be the best team in the league right now top to bottom and I almost threw up.

Always will be, most of us older fans have a lifetime of ups and downs with this club.

I think we're way better than I ever expected and having a bunch of rookies all blowing up at the same time has helped that, but the team can still suffer against a very good DL or a more competent QB.

An uninjured Cam or Matt Ryan calling his own plays is probably a dangerous matchup for us.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Always will be, most of us older fans have a lifetime of ups and downs with this club.

I think we're way better than I ever expected and having a bunch of rookies all blowing up at the same time has helped that, but the team can still suffer against a very good DL or a more competent QB.

An uninjured Cam or Matt Ryan calling his own plays is probably a dangerous matchup for us.

You're rookie class is pretty amazing this year. One of the best overall classes I can remember.

Lucky for you, we live in a world where Shula and Sarkisian exist regarding the matchups...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

You're rookie class is pretty amazing this year. One of the best overall classes I can remember.

Lucky for you, we live in a world where Shula and Sarkisian exist regarding the matchups...

yeah that's why I put in 'call his own plays' !

And yeah this is a ridiculous draft year for us. Lattimore alone would have been enough to really help the team but having Kamara and Ramczack (sp?) are just great.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

I am now convinced that the Saints are playing in January this season, and if you'll recall, I was calling for Sean Payton's job as recently as week 2 of this season. Are they going to win a Super Bowl? Almost certainly not, but I do believe that they should have 1 W in them in the post-season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I am now convinced that the Saints are playing in January this season, and if you'll recall, I was calling for Sean Payton's job as recently as week 2 of this season. Are they going to win a Super Bowl? Almost certainly not, but I do believe that they should have 1 W in them in the post-season.

Seems they are built for playoff football, that is for sure. We will see...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Excuse me but we are winning it all and during the parade Drew Brees will ascend into a fountain of endless bourbon at lee circle which will be renamed Breesircle and the water level will not only stop rising but the city of New Orleans itself will be lifted 15 feet above sea level with beautiful new sandbar beaches on the missippi river.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/930851539450826752

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think the Saints are gonna end up losing he division to the Panthers but sneaking in with a wild card. I don’t think they’ll go any further than the divisional round. I don’t have any real evidence for this other than my innate feeling that they are a good, but not great team, and will have serious problems playing teams that are elite on one side of the ball or the other.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think the Saints are gonna end up losing he division to the Panthers but sneaking in with a wild card. I don’t think they’ll go any further than the divisional round. I don’t have any real evidence for this other than my innate feeling that they are a good, but not great team, and will have serious problems playing teams that are elite on one side of the ball or the other.

I'd feel better if they'd already played in New Orleans.

Also I don't believe in this offensive panthers resurgence

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Barudak posted:

Excuse me but we are winning it all and during the parade Drew Brees will ascend into a fountain of endless bourbon at lee circle which will be renamed Breesircle and the water level will not only stop rising but the city of New Orleans itself will be lifted 15 feet above sea level with beautiful new sandbar beaches on the missippi river.

:unsmith:

I think we can take the Panthers one more time. Getting Atlanta twice near the end could be bad if they start to put it together. If that offense can find a way to be like last years our defense while being better than in recent years, is totally capable of making GBS threads the bed a few more times.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I'd feel better if they'd already played in New Orleans.

Also I don't believe in this offensive panthers resurgence

Literally no outcome of that game would surprise me. But we’ve got a bit harder schedule down the stretch I think. We’ve got the Redskins and then the Rams in LA and both teams are solid enough to beat us. We’ve got Atlanta twice and I expect they’ll take at least one of those. And then the Carolina game.

Losing all of those puts us at 10 wins which I don’t think wins the division.

It feels a lot like 2013 where we fall just short and have to go on the road as the Wild Card.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Carolina has the #1 defense and you put up 34 on it. Saints real good.

e: however unlike fiz I believe in the Panthers offensive resurgence because it's exactly what worked in 2015: get to the line with ~20 seconds and change the play based on the defensive alignment because you literally can't cover everything all at once. Cam being healthy enough to run has reopened Shula's playbook and it's fun as hell to watch again.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 16, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I think we can take the Panthers one more time. Getting Atlanta twice near the end could be bad if they start to put it together. If that offense can find a way to be like last years our defense while being better than in recent years, is totally capable of making GBS threads the bed a few more times.

I want to belieeeeeeeeeeeeeve

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I flew back today from NO so Im in a great, slightly boozy, mood.

Im sure Ill be back to my regular “please give new orleans all your tourism dollars before it becomes a not mythical at all atlantis” sometime around our next loss

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

“please give new orleans all your tourism dollars before it becomes a not mythical at all atlantis”

Same but Florida.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

That Works posted:

I really like all the great young players on the Saints and I'm pumped about the winning streak, but they really don't strike me as a team which can go deep in the playoffs. Here's who they've played:

Vikings L
Patriots L
Panthers (Cam looked broken this game?) W
Dolphins W
Lions W
Packers (no Rodgers) W
Bears W
Bucs (Jameis out for 2H) W
Bills W

Except for the Panthers and Lions, the Saints don't have any wins over teams with winning records (or decent QBs). And their two early losses were beat downs to good teams with real QBs. Here's the rest of the schedule:

Skins (banged up but dangerous) W?
@ Rams (maybe the most complete team in the league right now) L
Panthers (the best defense in the league, a potentially functional, improving offense) L
@ Falcons (it's the Falcons so who knows but they're certainly more talented across the board than the Saints are) L?
Jets (not as bad of a team as they should be) W?
Falcons W?
@ Bucs W?

Thanks to the seven wins it's hard to see the Saints not at least making a wild card spot, but I don't think they'll sweep the Panthers and not drop at least one of the Falcons games. Let's say that leaves them at 11-5. They then have to play the Eagles, Vikings, Rams, or Panthers in the first round — none of which seem like good matchups to me.

Meanwhile, here's the Panthers' remaining schedule:

@ Jets W
@ Saints W
Vikings (this should be a fantastic game) L?
Packers W
Bucs W
@ Falcons (if the game's meaningless to Carolina, hard not to like the Falcons here) W?

That leaves them at 12-4. If they drop another game, let's say to the Falcons, that'd put them at 11-5 and maybe things go to a tiebreaker?

To me it all comes down to the Panthers offense and which Cam is going to show up week-to-week. When he's on I don't really see how the Panthers lose. But Christ Almighty does he have some garbage rear end games.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Falcons will probably quit though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Falcons will probably quit though.

Stop being the voice of reason for me, Fiz. Just stop. I want to enjoy a loving rad win for seven whole days.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Stop being the voice of reason for me, Fiz. Just stop. I want to enjoy a loving rad win for seven whole days.

I mean Devonte is already Kuechly'd, and what's the point of sending Julio out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean Devonte is already Kuechly'd, and what's the point of sending Julio out there?

To still somehow make catching over 3 bodies while getting trucked by the safety?

Sark's a moron, but the Cowboys game showed me he's at least starting to understand that he needs to dial up plays to take advantage of the attention Julio is getting.

• Locked thread