Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

falz posted:

Trying to avoid emulation as much as possible here, but it may be impossible. Im unsure how those 60-1 / 19-1 boards work, perhaps emulation but its much more sound?

Those x-in-1s are emulation of a sort. Most iCade’s “interpretation” of the Gyruss sound is laughably bad, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Discount Viscount posted:

Speaking of puzzle games, drat do I want a new Adventures of Lolo. BOXBOY is cool, but now that it's over I want to see HAL return to Eggerland. I've dreamed about what they could do by adding multi-tiered levels, if the single screen grids have exhausted all interesting possibilities. I love the feeling that type of action-puzzle game gives you where you can almost feel your brain being re-wired.

Nintendo made an Eggerland-style action-puzzle game with dual-layer levels, it's called Mole Mania and you can pick it up for Game Boy or 3DS VC. It's not as cutthroat as the later Eggerland games but it's still good fun, and the audiovisual aspects are way more polished.

All New Sonic
Nov 7, 2012

& KNUCKLES
Buglord

Djarum posted:

You don't need the FDS hardware as the Everdrive emulates it. I will say that it does this awfully. The extra sound channels are no where near accurate. If you are serious about playing some FDS games do yourself a favor and grab a FDS Ram Cart and a FDSLoader. You can get both together for around $50 total and have a 100% perfect and accurate FDS solution.

Doesn't FDSLoader require an ancient DOS PC with a parallel port to work? Just get a RAM adapter and an FDSStick. It's a 32MB USB Flash drive with a RAM adapter port on the back, and it can be yours for the criminally low price of $14.99.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

All New Sonic posted:

Doesn't FDSLoader require an ancient DOS PC with a parallel port to work? Just get a RAM adapter and an FDSStick. It's a 32MB USB Flash drive with a RAM adapter port on the back, and it can be yours for the criminally low price of $14.99.

holy loving poo poo

I had no idea this existed, I need this on my twin fami which I've ignored due to me being too lazy to calibrate the drive / fix the belt

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo made an Eggerland-style action-puzzle game with dual-layer levels, it's called Mole Mania and you can pick it up for Game Boy or 3DS VC. It's not as cutthroat as the later Eggerland games but it's still good fun, and the audiovisual aspects are way more polished.

poo poo I've been meaning to pick up that cartridge forever (Super Game Boy hell yeah) but got irrationally annoyed that the price had gone up a few dollars between a couple of browses on eBay. Word had obviously gotten around on Miyamoto's Hidden Gem.

EDIT: There we go. Thank you for tonight's impulse eBay purchase.

Speaking of, another impulse purchase arrived today: the star-shaped Club Nintendo version of the Ten Billion puzzle.

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 14, 2017

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

falz posted:

Trying to avoid emulation as much as possible here, but it may be impossible. Im unsure how those 60-1 / 19-1 boards work, perhaps emulation but its much more sound?

All the Pandora's box stuff is emulation. They're just crappy single board computers running hacked up MAME. Those things are laughably bad man. Something like an XX in 1 Neo-Geo MVS cart is legit though, just like a console multicart. I'm going to send you a PM about some other stuff

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

Random Stranger posted:

The nice thing about Game Boy stuff at the moment is that it's so amazingly cheap to get. A sawbuck gets you a nice stack of GB games, and not even boring shelf filler.

That's true if you're going for carts only. God help you if you're hunting for GB games boxed.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

All New Sonic posted:

FDSStick is what I meant. I had just gotten off of work last night and wasn't all there. The new ones have 256MB of Flash on them so you can store the entire library on it.

Code Jockey posted:

holy loving poo poo

I had no idea this existed, I need this on my twin fami which I've ignored due to me being too lazy to calibrate the drive / fix the belt

You'll need to buy/make the adaptor cable I linked for it to work on the TwinFami. Works like a charm from what I have heard though. I love mine.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

All New Sonic posted:

Thanks for this!

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

they gettin my waifu ready

https://imgur.com/a/jfz9R

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

d0s posted:

they gettin my waifu ready

https://imgur.com/a/jfz9R

The envy, it is me.

Do you have more horizontal or vertical games, and how easy are those things to rotate?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Ofecks posted:

The envy, it is me.

Do you have more horizontal or vertical games, and how easy are those things to rotate?

It's kinda 50/50 as far as horizontal and vertical games I own, but I'm going to be keeping this in vertical most of the time just because I find myself playing vertical stuff more. They rotate relatively easily but it's still not something you want to do often, it's not like an Egret II with a rotate mechanism where you just spin the monitor. I would like to get a second one for horizontal stuff but that's far in the future if ever, I'll keep using a supergun+PVM for hori for now.

Dealing with the seller was kind of weird. It's from "karcadegame" who posts sale threads on various forums, and he's in California while I'm in Florida. He seems really reluctant to actually go through his inventory and show you things, rather he shows you a single example pic of some beat up cab and says YOU WILL GET ONE IT WILL BE GOOD over and over. It took me 5 days of badgering him to finally pull down and show me a few different cabs from his stock (all up on shelves in the warehouse) and get pictures of the monitor chassis etc. because I don't want to just buy this thing blindly from the other side of the country. He had some regular Astro Citys that were a bit less grimy but I wanted a NAC so I'll put up with stripping it down and giving it a good clean. Also really happy about the single player six button panel, most of his cabs had the standard 2 player panels that originally had 3 buttons on each side and then extra button holes added in weird places by drunk operators.

I am extremely happy to finally be getting one of these cabs, for years it felt like I was cursed because they'd always pop up when I was broke, or I'd catch group buys at the wrong time or whatever.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Congrats on your slick new waifu, mate.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Rirse posted:

Got to say ULI is really nice on the OSSC with the Pal Gamecube and RGB. Everything looks so crisp and nice on it. Since OSSC has no zoom function like the Framemeister, I just use the LG internal zoom which when I use the right settings doesn't seem to hurt the picture too much. Far cheaper then the secondary scaler option that was suggested around the OSSC release.

If you use the low latency version of the loader it has a zoom function that works from inside the app. I’ve been using it with my crt and it’s pretty awesome. You create a cfg file with the flags you want and then use copy or cat to append to the end of the .dol file.

Monitor Burn
Nov 29, 2001
No clever to be found here

Just installed and tested out Borti's digital audio board on my 1CHIP-03 SNES: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/syEtmgQ0

Install consisted of cutting a hole for the optical port and soldering 7 wires including power and ground (the other 5 to tiny vias on the sound chip). Haven't taken pictures of the modwork yet, but here's the install process: http://retrorgb.com/snesdigitalaudio.html

There's no line-out port on my stereo receiver, so digital audio was captured by running it through a $16 DAC before recording it on the Elgato. The receiver sounds better of course, but this is still a decent audio upgrade for any SNES if you don't have a stereo system with optical inputs:
https://www.amazon.com/DA9-Digital-Optical-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B007PFR8V2

Stock analog audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQsEKMusTSg

Digital audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06aFHwX-Eg4

Waldo138
Aug 8, 2006
Does anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot a Sega Menacer? The first one I got was full of leaking batteries and not even worth trying to clean. The second one I got is clean but just doesn't seem to work. I have two sensors that sit on the TV for it and neither one seems to help. I am using an old TV. I just want to play T2 with the dang thing!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Do you have the version that supports the menacer?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

d0s posted:

All the Pandora's box stuff is emulation. They're just crappy single board computers running hacked up MAME. Those things are laughably bad man. Something like an XX in 1 Neo-Geo MVS cart is legit though, just like a console multicart. I'm going to send you a PM about some other stuff

No sorry, the XX in 1 NG are terrible as well, with hosed up sound, poo poo games, graphic problems, missing levels, and oh, they might even shorten the life of your system.

The NEO SD is a better option, or if you can wait for it, the Darksoft NEO Flashcart seems like it may be cool as well.

Waldo138
Aug 8, 2006

Elliotw2 posted:

Do you have the version that supports the menacer?

I'm using a flash cart and the options allow me to select the Menacer controls. The Menacer game doesn't respond either.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

XtraSmiley posted:

No sorry, the XX in 1 NG are terrible as well, with hosed up sound, poo poo games, graphic problems, missing levels, and oh, they might even shorten the life of your system.

The NEO SD is a better option, or if you can wait for it, the Darksoft NEO Flashcart seems like it may be cool as well.
I haven't used the 161 in 1 extensively yet, but i'm happy that its not emulation at least. Pulstar seemed to have its audio shift to get a lot louder halfway through some level, maybe other games have obscure glitches like that but somehow that seems better than emulation issues like lovely filters, screen tearing, etc.

Also Neo SD sounds like a good idea, but aren't loading times literally many minutes? Maybe that helps with OCD game switching I guess.

Re my earlier questions about XX in 1 to play Burgertime, since they all require emulation, maybe something ilke this Rpi-Jamma board is the best choice as I'm primarily interested in pre-16 bit stuff.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/arpicade-raspberry-pi-multicade-jamma-pcb-adaptor-for-arcade-multigame.html

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This is a Sega Saturn promo tape. Uhh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drPYJkM0iuk&t=822s

This is even weirder than Sony's upside-down floating baby doll head laughing commercial

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I just found something I forgot I had... so when I got one of my 1702 monitors, the people selling it said "we'll throw in a free custom made chroma/luma to svideo cable with it!".

I was happy, because I didn't want to make it myself or buy one.

This is not me having cut open the cable, this is literally as it was given to me.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Code Jockey posted:

I just found something I forgot I had... so when I got one of my 1702 monitors, the people selling it said "we'll throw in a free custom made chroma/luma to svideo cable with it!".

This is not me having cut open the cable, this is literally as it was given to me.

Wow, that is dogshit. Did it actually work worth a drat despite every indicator being that it would fall out of the plug at the slightest breeze?

Apropos of nothing, but relevant to Elgato capture device owners, I recently got one of these:

https://console5.com/store/s-video-s-vhs-to-rca-y-c-luma-chroma-adapter-cable-6-15-cm.html

Using one of those and a basic S-Video gender changer plug (female input at both ends), I've been able to capture S-Video footage through my Elgato's component video input plugs. It works (so far in my testing) with my Super Famicom and SNES Mini, and also with my NESRGB-modded AV Famicom (which gains S-Video output from the mod install, in addition to RGB). I don't see why it wouldn't work with other consoles.

It's probably well-known, I guess, but I thought it was pretty cool to be able to do with some passive adapters. And for those who didn't know, but might be interested in streaming, this could be potentially useful for stepping up the video quality from consoles like the N64 and Gamecube that don't have good component video options.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

Slightly better than my paperclip+tape Genesis AV cable.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Code Jockey posted:

*audiophile forums voice*

Well actually that allows electrons which are not aligned with the overall flow to fly off into the atmosphere, rather than staying in the cable and tainting the signal. This results in a warmer, crisper, image that has notably better eyefeel.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Well actually that allows electrons which are not aligned with the overall flow to fly off into the atmosphere, rather than staying in the cable and tainting the signal. This results in a warmer, crisper, image that has notably better eyefeel.

:rgb: :rgb: :rgb:

Topolino
Aug 6, 2004
Maniaco omicida.

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Wow, that is dogshit. Did it actually work worth a drat despite every indicator being that it would fall out of the plug at the slightest breeze?

Apropos of nothing, but relevant to Elgato capture device owners, I recently got one of these:

https://console5.com/store/s-video-s-vhs-to-rca-y-c-luma-chroma-adapter-cable-6-15-cm.html

Using one of those and a basic S-Video gender changer plug (female input at both ends), I've been able to capture S-Video footage through my Elgato's component video input plugs. It works (so far in my testing) with my Super Famicom and SNES Mini, and also with my NESRGB-modded AV Famicom (which gains S-Video output from the mod install, in addition to RGB). I don't see why it wouldn't work with other consoles.

It's probably well-known, I guess, but I thought it was pretty cool to be able to do with some passive adapters. And for those who didn't know, but might be interested in streaming, this could be potentially useful for stepping up the video quality from consoles like the N64 and Gamecube that don't have good component video options.

That is a cool trick. Did not know about it.

Elgato also sells an S-video adapter that plugs into the main port of the game capture HD. Had to buy it directly from them.

https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020263

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kthulhu5000 posted:

It actually does work, surprisingly enough. I'm going to cut out all of that garbage and redo it, but technically it works.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

brb off to do this with all of my cables, loving unaligned electrons :argh:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

XtraSmiley posted:

this is all a bit exaggerated, don't you think? The neo SD costs four hundred dollars, you can get a burner single slot MVS and a flashcart for like $150. I've heard that most of the games on it run fine. And they have most of the good MVS games, so idk where "poo poo games" comes from.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Topolino posted:

That is a cool trick. Did not know about it.

Elgato also sells an S-video adapter that plugs into the main port of the game capture HD. Had to buy it directly from them.

https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020263

Yeah, I knew about that cable, but my unit didn't come with one and Elgato's online store doesn't even seem to offer it anymore. And tracking one down otherwise just seems like :effort: compared to what I did.

Code Jockey posted:

It actually does work, surprisingly enough. I'm going to cut out all of that garbage and redo it, but technically it works.

That's surprising.

That said, why bother redoing it? Just get the Y/C splitter from Console5.com that I linked above and an S-Video gender changer plug to make it a female input, and you'd probably be saving yourself a lot of work.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

d0s posted:

this is all a bit exaggerated, don't you think? The neo SD costs four hundred dollars, you can get a burner single slot MVS and a flashcart for like $150. I've heard that most of the games on it run fine. And they have most of the good MVS games, so idk where "poo poo games" comes from.

falz posted:

I haven't used the 161 in 1 extensively yet, but i'm happy that its not emulation at least. Pulstar seemed to have its audio shift to get a lot louder halfway through some level, maybe other games have obscure glitches like that but somehow that seems better than emulation issues like lovely filters, screen tearing, etc.

Also Neo SD sounds like a good idea, but aren't loading times literally many minutes? Maybe that helps with OCD game switching I guess.

Re my earlier questions about XX in 1 to play Burgertime, since they all require emulation, maybe something ilke this Rpi-Jamma board is the best choice as I'm primarily interested in pre-16 bit stuff.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/arpicade-raspberry-pi-multicade-jamma-pcb-adaptor-for-arcade-multigame.html

Well, much of the 161-1 is bull-poo poo hacks of games that are already on there, like pallet swapped KoFXX times 5. So much of the game roster is filled with hacked crap. Then it IS missing many of the top NG games. Then, there is the issue that many legit games have been shaved of content to make them fit. Missing sprites, sounds, etc. Also, many games are set on the wrong difficulty with the option to change removed or missing. Oh by the way, some of them can actually cause damaged to your NG b/c of wrong voltages in the way they are made. Will yours be like this? No way to tell as they are inconsistent across different builds even from the same seller to include what is missing from the games.

All that being said, if it's "just $150 (it's not)" to get one AND a NG to play it on, why they hell would you? If you're worried about money, a emulator system would likely get you all the NG games, with the better accuracy under $50. If you're interested in accuracy (or authenticity) then why would you buy one of these for the reasons listed above?

They are poo poo.

Official Games Included
2020 SUPER BASEBALL
3 COUNT BOUT
AERO FIGHTERS 2
AERO FIGHTERS 3
ALPHA MISSION 2
ANDRO DUNOS
ART OF FIGHTING 2
BANG BEAD
BASEBALL STARS 2
BATTLE FLIP SHOT
BLAZING STAR
BLUE'S JOURNEY
BREAKERS
BREAKERS REVENGE
BURNING FIGHT
CAPTAIN TOMADAY
CROSSED SWORDS
DOUBLE DRAGON
EIGHT MAN
FAR EAST OF EDEN
FATAL FURY
FIGHTERS SWORDS (Korean SSIII)
FOOTBALL FRENZY
GANRYU
KARNOV'S REVENGE
KING OF MONSTERS
KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
KOF 2001
KOF 2002
KOF 2003
KOF 94
KOF 95
KOF 96
KOF 97
KOF 98
KOF 99
LAST BLADE
LAST BLADE 2
LAST RESORT
LEGEND SUCCESS JOE
MAGICAL DROP 2
MAGICAL DROP III
MARK OF THE WOLVES
MASTER OF SYOUGI
MATRIMELEE
METAL SLUG
METAL SLUG 2
METAL SLUG 3
METAL SLUG 4
METAL SLUG X
MONEY PUZZLE EXCH
MUTATION NATION
NEO BOMBERMAN
NEO DRIFT OUT
NEO MR. DO!
NEO TURF MASTERS
NEO-GEO CUP 98
NIGHTMARE
NINJA COMMANDO
OVER TOP
PANIC BOMBER
PLEASURE GOAL
PRE ISLE 2
PULSTAR
PUZZLE BOBBLE
PUZZLE BOBBLE 2
PUZZLE DE PON
PUZZLE DE PON! R!
RAGE OF DRAGONS
ROBO ARMY
SAMURAI SHODOWN
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
SAMURAI SHODOWN 4
SAMURAI V SPECIAL
SAVAGE REIGN
SENGOKU
SENGOKU 3
SHOCK TROOPERS 2ND
SOCCER BRAWL
SPIN MASTER
STAKES WINNER
STAKES WINNER 2
STREET HOOP
STRIKERS 1945 +
SUPER DODGE BALL
SUPER SIDEKICKS 2
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
THE LAST SOLDIER (Korean Last Blade)
THRASH RALLY
TOP HUNTER
ULTIMATE 11
VIEWPOINT
WORLD HEROES
WORLD HEROES 2
ZED BLADE
ZUPAPA

TOTAL: 97

Bootlegs/Hacks Included
ART OF FIGHTING 2+
C.T.H.D
C.T.H.D SUPER PLUS
DOUBLE DRAGON +
KARNOV'S REVENGE +
KING OF GLADIATOR
KOF 05 UNIQUE
KOF 05 UNIQUE 2
KOF 10TH
KOF 10TH EXTRA +
KOF 2001 PLUS
KOF 2002 CN
KOF 2002 ICE-BLUE
KOF 2002 LUAN
KOF 2002 MAGIC
KOF 2002 MAGIC 2
KOF 2002 OROCHI
KOF 2002 SUPER
KOF 2002 SUPER 2
KOF 2003 CHANGE
KOF 2004 SE
KOF 2004 SE PLUS
KOF 2004 SMP
KOF 94 +
KOF 95 +
KOF 96 +
KOF 96 EVO
KOF 97 2003
KOF 97 CR
KOF 97 PJ
KOF 97 PLUS
KOF 97 REMIX
KOF 97 YL
KOF 98 +
KOF 98 OROCHI
KOF 98 ULTIMATE
KOF 99 +
KOF 99 CN
KOG PLUS
LANSQUENET 2004
LAST BLADE +
LAST BLADE 2 +
LAST BLADE 2 EASY
MARK OF WOLVES +
MATRIMELEE +
METAL SLUG +
METAL SLUG 2 +
METAL SLUG 3 +
METAL SLUG 4 +
METAL SLUG 6
METAL SLUG 6 +
METAL SLUG X +
NIGHTMARE SP
RAGE OF DRAGONS +
SAMURAI SHODOWN +
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2+
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3+
SAMURAI SHODOWN 4+
SENGOKU 3 +
SNK VS CAPCOM +
SNK VS CAPCOM RMX
SPIN MASTER +
STRIKERS 1945 + +
SVC SUPER PLUS

TOTAL: 64

Missing Games
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 3
Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki
Baseball Stars Professional
Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
Cyber-Lip
Digger Man
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury 3
Flip Shot
Galaxy Fight
Ghost Pilots
Ghostlop
Goal Goal Goal
Gururin
Irritating Maze
Jockey Grandprix
King of Fighters 2000
King of the Monsters 2
League Bowling
Mahjong Kyoretsuden
Magician Lord
Metal Slug 5
Minnasano Okagesamadesu
Nam 1975
Ninja Combat
Ninja Master's
Pochi & Nyaa
Pop 'N Bounce
Power Spikes II
Puzzled
Quest of Jong Master
Quiz Daisousa Sen
Quiz King of Fighters
Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
Ragnagard
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Riding Hero
Samurai Shodown V
Sengoku 2
Shock Troopers
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (official)
Super Sidekicks
Tecmo World Soccer 96
The Super Spy
Top Players Golf
Twinkle Star Sprites
V-Liner
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
Waku Waku 7
Windjammers
World Heroes 2 Jet
World Heroes Perfect

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

^^^ By the way, full disclosure, I own two XXX in 1 carts, but I also own 3 Neo Geos and they are OK for the price I paid. I would NEVER tell someone who is trying to get into NG to buy one then one of the carts though as for the money, it's not worth it for the reasons listed above. If you have all the info and still want one, more power to you!

That being said, when the DS multi-flash cart comes out, I'd be happy to sell my XXX in 1 carts off to you guys pretty cheap if still want them.

Topolino
Aug 6, 2004
Maniaco omicida.

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Yeah, I knew about that cable, but my unit didn't come with one and Elgato's online store doesn't even seem to offer it anymore. And tracking one down otherwise just seems like :effort: compared to what I did.

That's surprising.

That said, why bother redoing it? Just get the Y/C splitter from Console5.com that I linked above and an S-Video gender changer plug to make it a female input, and you'd probably be saving yourself a lot of work.

Wow, had no idea it was no longer available. I got mine a few years back so I thought they still carried it. Makes total sense to find an alternative.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

XtraSmiley posted:

^^^ By the way, full disclosure, I own two XXX in 1 carts, but I also own 3 Neo Geos and they are OK for the price I paid. I would NEVER tell someone who is trying to get into NG to buy one then one of the carts though as for the money, it's not worth it for the reasons listed above. If you have all the info and still want one, more power to you!

That being said, when the DS multi-flash cart comes out, I'd be happy to sell my XXX in 1 carts off to you guys pretty cheap if still want them.

for what it's worth I personally only use legit MVS games. but there are tons of people who love the multicarts and it's a great thing for people who want to try a bunch of games or have something in addition to their legit games. also the 3V flash wear issue is real, and I would reccomend people get a cheap single slot just for multicarts, but in the real world it's not like they are blowing up MVS systems left and right, it just stresses the parts more than they should be. If people are willing to put up with the idiosyncrasies of the thing, what's the big deal? Sure the Neo SD or upcoming darksoft thing is better but lots of people don't really want to lay down that kind of cash, the multicarts are a cheap way to entertain yourself.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If you're worried about money then the neo-geo is not for you.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

If you're worried about money then the neo-geo is not for you.

there are ways to do it relatively cheap, of course like anything you get what you pay for but you can pretty happily do neo-geo by burning NGCD discs and running a multicart, plenty of people do and enjoy it. I hope the chinese or somebody finds a way to make a cheap flash cart so more people can enjoy that stuff accurately

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

This is a Sega Saturn promo tape. Uhh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drPYJkM0iuk&t=822s

This is even weirder than Sony's upside-down floating baby doll head laughing commercial

I'm aroused and confused. :confused:

I've seen these before years ago and I think at the time it didn't bother me because it wasn't out of line with all the other weird poo poo Sega put out. That and I would've been a teenager who had poor taste in everything. Actually, the sphincter ad seemed really crappy. :haw:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'm looking for a SFC to SNES adaptor. You know, those clunky things you plug in to the cart slot so you don't have to break the tabs like everyone else on the planet did.

There are some noname ones on eBay that are about $45, but given that FC/NES adapters are $10 I feel like I'm missing some obvious keyword or website where I can get them for somewhat cheaper, especially considering there are apparently NES to SNES adapters (what) for way cheaper.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zamujasa posted:

I'm looking for a SFC to SNES adaptor. You know, those clunky things you plug in to the cart slot so you don't have to break the tabs like everyone else on the planet did.

There are some noname ones on eBay that are about $45, but given that FC/NES adapters are $10 I feel like I'm missing some obvious keyword or website where I can get them for somewhat cheaper, especially considering there are apparently NES to SNES adapters (what) for way cheaper.

Those NES to SNES or Genesis to SNES adapters aren't really adapters so much as emulators running on a processor chip inside the "cartridge adapter" and they only use the console for video output and controller input. Many of them actually require you to connect the audio or video directly from the "cartridge adapter" to the TV, not the SNES' output. They're weird but kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Oh, I know. They're just far cheaper than the actual adapters I can find despite having more hardware, which is really confusing.