Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh yeah that DLC owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

corn in the bible posted:

in watchdogs 2 a car is 20,000$ and a hat is 10,000$

In Ghost Recon Wildlands I’m the best the American military industrial complex has to offer... I have to go hunt down NATO standard issue magazines in random barns in the middle of nowhere. They’re perfectly alright with me running around in daylight with US flags all over me but the basics are on site procurement because it’s top secret.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Nightmare Pack is up and it's... $15.

What the gently caress are they smoking? I was going to be all over it if it was only 5 or 6 but this is crazy.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Deakul posted:

Nightmare Pack is up and it's... $15.

What the gently caress are they smoking? I was going to be all over it if it was only 5 or 6 but this is crazy.

Can you get the items in the in game Heka chests? If so, and you're on PC, gold is just a simple 4 byte lookup on Cheat Engine. I got all the DLC stuff except the centurion pack that way.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Can you get the items in the in game Heka chests? If so, and you're on PC, gold is just a simple 4 byte lookup on Cheat Engine. I got all the DLC stuff except the centurion pack that way.

Hah, no wonder Ubi doesn't care about supporting their PC games.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Alter Ego posted:

Is it bad that I kind of miss those brutal counter kills? Closest I can find is the full adrenaline meter kills Bayek does.

Nope!

exploded mummy posted:

we were never topping Evie and the sword cane

Who's got that Syndicate video of Evie getting a quad kill with the sword cane? It's titled something like "most ridiculous assassins creed poo poo ever" or something, it was in the old thread and I can't find it.

Deakul posted:

Today or tomorrow I think, gonna be a good little consumer whore and buy that poo poo asap. :bigtran: :shepspends:

Fifteen dollarydoos :cripes:

Is there no new Anubis fight today? I want my jackal suit!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don't know if this is the exact video but it's all of Evie's quad kill animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5TWkyPd_k

man I miss those instant kills

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I spent most of syndicate playing as the brother because he was supposed to be the fighter type and now I feel like I did it all wrong

Also since we’re talking about cheat engine; anyone know if it’s easy to use it to cheat yourself crafting materials too? I know I just posted about how much fun I had hunting last night but I would still prefer to just cheat

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah Jacob isn't really meaningfully better at fighting than Evie just because the system is pretty simple and straightforward anyway. Meanwhile Evie's a way better character with cooler animations and also she can go invisible if you stay still while crouching.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I spent most of syndicate playing as the brother because he was supposed to be the fighter type and now I feel like I did it all wrong

Jacob is a straightforward brawler.
Evie is smaller than her brother, and compensates for it in combat by being loving vicious.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that Syndicate would have been the perfect game if Evie was all about the gangs and Jacob was into the aliens

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

Also since we’re talking about cheat engine; anyone know if it’s easy to use it to cheat yourself crafting materials too? I know I just posted about how much fun I had hunting last night but I would still prefer to just cheat

http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5267&start=15#p23057

Check this post.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Honestly, I would have just rather had Evie be the sole protagonist. The duel leads didn't really add anything. Neither did the two separate skill trees.Syndicate was close to being really good, but it lacked focus in both story and design. If it had been more streamlined of an experience, I think it would have faired better overall.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I feel like this is just ASKING to get your account banned.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I can't track down the details now, but AC3's plot suffered late-development cuts and revisions. By late, I mean late, there are videos of fully developed and recorded scenes on youtube that are just dummied out of the game, providing context, emotion, and motivation for characters. Removed for no good reason.

Mechanically, AC3 was a total mess. Ubi really went all out with the kitchen sink business with that game, but for whatever reason there were scheduling, coordination and communication issues between their gazillion international studios that were much worse than usual. To this day, AC3 has a whole smorgasboard of game-breaking bugs, as well as worse jank than anything else in the series.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah I really wanted to like AC3 because I thought the setting was interesting and something I'd never really seen in games before but the parkour and combat was the worst in the series

re: the plot, that also sucked but I don't think adding more cutscenes would have made the game more appealing, it suffered way too much from not letting the player actually get to the game as it is

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Deakul posted:

I feel like this is just ASKING to get your account banned.

Is that a real risk?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is that a real risk?

loving with ingame paid currency on a recent release? I think so.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is that a real risk?

No. Don't use cheat engine for multiplayer games though - you can get banned for that and it's a scummy thing to do.

Deakul posted:

loving with ingame paid currency on a recent release? I think so.

You're not cheating up helix credits you're cheating up gold.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Carlosologist posted:

I don't know if this is the exact video but it's all of Evie's quad kill animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5TWkyPd_k

man I miss those instant kills

There's employing the means to and end in fighting for the freedom of people from a shadowy government of opressors. And then there's being a bloody loving psychopath.

Should not have skipped Syndicate apparently.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hmm. I guess there’s an argument since you can buy drachma with irl money (I think?), and this also lets you effortlessly spend unlimited fake money on gambling cheats instead of real money too.

On the other hand, don’t most games store info that they don’t want players loving with server side now? Cheat engine has been around for a while

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Carlosologist posted:

I feel that Syndicate would have been the perfect game if Evie was all about the gangs and Jacob was into the aliens

Evie is hanging out on the train, casually tossing knives into a target board and sipping tea.

Jacob kicks in the door with armloads of conspiracy papers and doodles of flying saucers and little grey guys with huge eyes, basically like this:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ye olde X filef

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
AC3 was also when the series started to get really brutal because Connor's weapon of choice was a tomahawk and there ain't a pretty way to kill someone with a tomahawk

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Calaveron posted:

AC3 was also when the series started to get really brutal because Connor's weapon of choice was a tomahawk and there ain't a pretty way to kill someone with a tomahawk

I dunno, I seem to recall revelations having some really grisly kills. Wasn’t there one where ezio stabbed a dude in the face with a sword, then crank it around and break his neck?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I remember the hook from Revelations having some gnarly finishers.

AC3 was also notable in that it was the first game to fundamentally simplify the parkour controls, which definitely changed the base, minute-to-minute gameplay of the series from that point on.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I just tested it - you can get all the nightmare stuff from heka chests.

E: Scratch that, maybe not. I got a new light bow and scorpion scepter which I thought were part of the pack but aren't.

Also I poisoned a corpse nearby to shut up the towns folk while I was listening to a pod cast and farming heka chests and oops.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 14, 2017

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone know why my RB button is "stuck" on PC? I can't do light attacks anymore! It's really weird:

- I can light attack with the left mouse button
- RB works in the menu to switch tabs
- RB works in the loading screen, I can do light attacks there

What I've tried that did NOT fix it

- Warping to somewhere else. I can do light attacks during loading, but when I get to the destination, RB doesn't work anymore.
- Exiting to windows then loading the game back up again

This is getting really annoying. I've had it for shorter periods with the RT/strong attack button, but that tends to resolve itself after mashing all the other buttons a bit.

edit: and now it fixed itself, suddenly, without me doing anything special.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 15, 2017

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Did you remap it somehow? You can remap controller inputs, and it will even let you create conflicting mappings that prevent you from like diving underwater because it's also bound to dodge

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Did you remap it somehow? You can remap controller inputs, and it will even let you create conflicting mappings that prevent you from like diving underwater because it's also bound to dodge

Nope - as I said, using RB to attack worked perfectly in the "cyberspace" loading screen, but stopped working once I left it again. When using the alternate button layout option in the settings page, I could suddenly attack again with X/Y, but when changing back, attack with RB was locked again. Exiting and re-entering the Animus didn't work either. And then suddenly...it worked again.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I just tested it - you can get all the nightmare stuff from heka chests.

E: Scratch that, maybe not. I got a new light bow and scorpion scepter which I thought were part of the pack but aren't.

Also I poisoned a corpse nearby to shut up the towns folk while I was listening to a pod cast and farming heka chests and oops.

it's ancient times, you can't prove they didn't die from natural causes

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

So does RT+RB only activate overpower maybe 25% of the time for everyone else?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Fellatio del Toro posted:

So does RT+RB only activate overpower maybe 25% of the time for everyone else?

Works pretty much all of the time for me, and when it didn't I was mid-animation

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Can you actually get costumes in those? I bought a bunch after I finished the game (what else is there to use gold on), but I only got legendaries and epic weapons.

I got the mummy, the scarab costume, and the unicorn from those chests.

precision posted:

I thought horses were only 5% faster than camels? It's really not enough difference to choose one over the other, just drive whatever looks cool.

Chariots seem to be a lot faster and unwieldy than mounts, and tend to go right through npcs while in cruise control. It is like real life, but with more mass murder and less religious subtext.:rice:

I love cats fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 15, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I ended up caving and using the infinite crafting resources cheat. And one use of the ability cheat to get one thing i wanted and didn't want to wait for. i will report back if anything happens to me

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

ymgve posted:

Anyone know why my RB button is "stuck" on PC? I can't do light attacks anymore! It's really weird:
I didn't have that problem, but I did have the issue where Bayek would just start auto running at random points. I made sure I wasn't hitting the autorun hotkey, and the "double tap movement" was disabled, but he would still do it at inopportune times--it's pretty bad to be sneaking through a stronghold, only for Bayek to decide to just shuffle out of the bushes and straight into a mass of guys. That's one reason why I am trying out an Xbox 360 controller instead--I haven't had the issue since I switched, but I'm bad with a controller so my already lovely AC skills are having to be relearned :v:

One big (and obvious) difference between KB/Mouse and controller is that I am now garbage at landing any Predator arrows. They used to be guaranteed headshots with the guided missile perk, but now I'm lucky if I can even body shot. I guess I should look at swapping to a Hunter bow and not try to snipe anything that isn't standing still.

I'm in my high 20s now and went Phylakes hunting. Got a couple of the lower level ones and it was honestly pretty easy. I guess my first encounter with them built them up to be really intimidating death machines. Then I went after one that was 2 levels higher than me and got my face stomped. Levels are a pretty big deal in this game, apparently...

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Just as any FYI, all of the Nightmare pack stuff can be bought piecemeal as well. So if you just want the outfit or the firehorsey you can use the same amount of helix credits you would for purchasable legendaries in either category.

Anyway.

Finished up the stargazing mission. Now I just have to find silica. Looooots of silica.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Fart City posted:

Finished up the stargazing mission.

:qq:

Stop making me feel things, Bayek!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Earwicker posted:

yeah I really wanted to like AC3 because I thought the setting was interesting and something I'd never really seen in games before but the parkour and combat was the worst in the series

re: the plot, that also sucked but I don't think adding more cutscenes would have made the game more appealing, it suffered way too much from not letting the player actually get to the game as it is

Agreed, I mention them mostly because they're emblematic- the game is missing big chunks of its plot and a lot of the jointwork and spackle that would normally hold its systems together. Just the thieves' guild and the crafting systems alone are so embarrassingly and obviously rushed/incomplete... I know that game way too well at this point, I wound up creating and running 3 separate savefiles in order to finally get to 100% completion.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've completed the game and done every side quest. I don't know what to do with my life anymore.