Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Ammanas posted:

There are thousands of worse things about AL, this is small taters.

They're so drat racist they put white sauce on their BBQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Breaking: Ted Cruz was kicked off the set of American Horror Story: Hotel after allegations of sexual harassment.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nachos posted:

I’m really rooting for Donny to shake free for a second and poo poo out a Roy Moore Is Being Treated Unfairly! tweet

I'd bet 60/40 on it. If Trump had been a Moore guy all along or if Bannon and Hannity weren't wavering I'd put it somewhere around 80%.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kilroy posted:

Wouldn't Jones only win if he got the majority of the votes?

You only need to secure a plurality to win an election.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Moktaro posted:

"What, I'm down by 20? Might as well drop out so my party can have a do-over." :can:

keep in mind this is a special election, not part of the regular schedule of elections

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

STAC Goat posted:

I'd bet 60/40 on it. If Trump had been a Moore guy all along or if Bannon and Hannity weren't wavering I'd put it somewhere around 80%.

it's worth noting there's some reports he wants to do this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chilichimp posted:

You only need to secure a plurality to win an election.

Depends on the state but that is true in Alabama.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bannon really seems to think a lot of himself.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ReidRansom posted:

Bannon really seems to think a lot of himself.

cocaine and meth

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It would be kind of funny of Bannon came out against Moore and made a big thing of crushing him and then Moore won anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Depends on the state but that is true in Alabama.

I thought requiring a majority of the vote was only the case in jungle primaries? In a run-off SOMEONE is going to win that poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

La Brea Carpet posted:

pretty sure this demands a NMS warning

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

pretty sure this demands a NMS warning

Its basically ranch, but by calling it white BBQ sauce they give you have an excuse to cover even more of your food in ranch dressing, which really is peak southern cooking.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nachos posted:

I’m really rooting for Donny to shake free for a second and poo poo out a Roy Moore Is Being Treated Unfairly! tweet

Everybody successful has dated 14ers. Accusation bad!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Its basically ranch, but by calling it white BBQ sauce they give you have an excuse to cover even more of your food in ranch dressing, which really is peak southern cooking.

aaaaaa

AAAAAAA

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oxxidation posted:

If that happens then Alabama forever becomes the state that elected a known serial pedophile to high office, which is also a hilarious outcome.

I always assumed Florida would win that trophy. Alas.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
That video of Mo Brooks running reminded me of the Republican who left his hamburger mid-bite because one of his colleagues was getting grilled on a question that he definitely wanted no part of. Does anyone remember that? It might’ve been from the primaries, or maybe even from 2014. Time no longer makes sense to me.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

i am the bird posted:

That video of Mo Brooks running reminded me of the Republican who left his hamburger mid-bite because one of his colleagues was getting grilled on a question that he definitely wanted no part of. Does anyone remember that? It might’ve been from the primaries, or maybe even from 2014. Time no longer makes sense to me.
I think that was Rand Paul running from a DREAM act question

Edit: Yeah, It was him, abandoning ship when Steve King got questioned by a DREAMer at a restaurant.

Fearless_Decoy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 15, 2017

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Consider how effectively they turned us into immediately damming a person for going to Gloria Allred. That's all RWM koolaid. Liberals tend to fall for it. There are a lot of people don't like Al Sharpton for the same reason.

Why would the Moore allegations make someone more likely to vote for him. Is that the pedophile demographic or the insane people?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

His mastermind persona fell to pieces so drat fast.

But he's been unshackled now, his hands are back on his weapons

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

The thing is, whatever happens now, the GOP loses big. If Moore wins this election, then the Democrats get a gigantic pedophile-shaped stick to beat the whole GOP with in 2018 and 2020. If he doesn't, then there are just enough uncooperative Republican senators that most of their legislative agenda is dead in the water and the Democrats have a realistic hope of taking the Senate in 2018. The only way out would be either a successful write-in campaign (which is unlikely given that the Alabaman GOP is still standing firmly behind Moore) or for Moore to win but the Senate to refuse to seat him (which I don't believe for a second they'll do).

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Vladimir Putin posted:

Why would the Moore allegations make someone more likely to vote for him. Is that the pedophile demographic or the insane people?

Because the lamestream leftwing media obviously made up these accusations to smear plucky little Roy.

If the failing Washington Post is trying to take him out he must be the right guy for all God fearing Americans.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

i am the bird posted:

It was Rand Paul bailing on a DREAMER and it was beautiful.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

La Brea Carpet posted:

This isn't really a thing. I've only been to one bbq restaurant in the entire state that had this, which is the one on the bottle there. Most use your basic North Carolina vinegar based style.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

glowing-fish posted:

But the most rectangular state in the union is Colorado, which is more liberal and progressive than most coastal states.

I was gonna have a minor quibble over this, but I got high. :smug:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I've always found it immensely amusing that the area of the country that hates California the most consumes the most salty white creamy sauce which was first invented in California.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The RNC will hem and haw but I think they'll seat him and just say " Welp that's democracy"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Just place a school within a thousand feet of the Senate and he won't be able to go.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I truly believe that Trump broke our political system

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Prester Jane posted:

Personally I'm inclined to side with Covok on this one. A month is potentially enough time for the RWM echo chamber to convince enough Alabama voters that these charges are just another one of the left's sinister machinations.
This is exactly why Alabama Republicans are still supporting him and also the explanation for that poll result that said something like 30% of them were more likely to support Moore because of the accusations. Not because they're in favor of pedophilia, though some of them doubtless are, but because he must be so much more special and awesome since the Liberal Media has been targeting him with its Fake News.

You can't have Republican voters without tribalism and paranoia.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Fearless_Decoy posted:

I think that was Rand Paul running from a DREAM act question

Edit: Yeah, It was him, abandoning ship when Steve King got questioned by a DREAMer at a restaurant.

https://i.imgur.com/bsXiPv5.gifv

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TPUSA/status/930108538185179136?s=17

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Hollismason posted:

I'd argue it took a broken political system to put Trump in power to begin with.

Chicken and the Egg, man. Chicken and the Egg.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

Buddy it's been broken for decades.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Hollismason posted:

No, Rupert Murdoch broke your political system. Trump just kinda lightly tapped it and watched it disintegrate into a cloud of sawdust and rot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I hope all replies to that are 'you were on your parents' Obamacare plan and probably still are'

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Odonata posted:

I always assumed Florida would win that trophy. Alas.
The guy they elected their governor tried to murder a child once, but couldn't quite pull it off.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I can imagine each of those as things Moore said to young girls.

"Nothing is free"

"Crying doesn't solve problems"

"There are no safe spaces"

"Screaming doesn't make you right"

"Not everyone is a winner."

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hope all replies to that are 'you were on your parents' Obamacare plan and probably still are'

Nothing is free because the price is blood, good advice for leftists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The projection game is on ultra blast.

• Locked thread