Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ehud posted:

Have things seriously devolved that quickly?

Of course not. It sounds like he will be forced to make some (possibly necessary) staff changes but there's no way his seat is even warm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/thomasgoldkamp/status/930593500583915521

the future is amazing

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
That feeling when Florida hires Chippy and the Vols end up with some coach from the Big Sky conference

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
But, like, not one of the good ones

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Heads up, Gruden is currently not in my house.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this gruden business is loving some people up royal

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
After that article that football scoop (who?) posted saying Gruden absolutely wasn’t going to UT the reddit board was on suicide watch.

Can we sign Patterson and call it a day?

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

After that article that football scoop (who?) posted saying Gruden absolutely wasn’t going to UT the reddit board was on suicide watch.

Can we sign Patterson and call it a day?

I’ve heard Patterson’s name brought up a few times now - why would he want to leave when TCU is still, theoretically at least, in contention to win the Big 12?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gruden linked to going back to the Bucs lol.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

maxallen posted:

I’ve heard Patterson’s name brought up a few times now - why would he want to leave when TCU is still, theoretically at least, in contention to win the Big 12?

My sources tell me that he likes orange more than purple

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

maxallen posted:

Patterson also said when he interviewed for UT a few years ago he wasn't hired because he wasn't ready for the big stage. Gary Patterson is one of the whiniest, most petty men on the planet and he holds ridiculous grudges.

I'd honestly be more stunned at Patterson going to UT than I would Gruden.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Isn't the kicker about Patterson that he was so spurned when he was trying to get a job before TCU that now he basically refuses to even listen to other schools as a "gently caress you" to them?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

That feeling when Florida hires Chippy and the Vols end up with some coach from the Big Sky conference

Hey, hands off Aaron Best, He's ours! :mad:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Isn't the kicker about Patterson that he was so spurned when he was trying to get a job before TCU that now he basically refuses to even listen to other schools as a "gently caress you" to them?

He got low-balled by Tennessee and Nebraska back when he was a Mountain West coach, but it's much more to do with being second to God at the Saudi Arabia of college football. TCU can cheerfully match any school's offer and that's before any of the poorly kept secret oil and gas royalties given by boosters. Obviously that will never be publicly disclosed but if he has more than a couple of acres his real take-home could look more like a corporate CEO's.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

KKKLIP ART posted:

I bet even a JUCO like EMCC has bag men.

I'm a bag man for the defending NAIA champion St. Francis Cougars

wernox fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 15, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Gruden noted on Mike and Mike that he hasn’t talked with anyone about a return to coaching but “you never say never to nothing,” and added that he isn’t ready to say he won’t coach again.

:munch:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/930819401343029252

How does this affect Bert

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AD out because he wanted to...keep Bert? That's all I can imagine.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Apparently Burt has a pretty low buyout so it won’t bode well though I could see him getting one last season so they can do a proper search unless whoever they hire has someone in mind already

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

And/or because he hired Bert and gave him a 3 trillion dollar buyout

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

And/or because he hired Bert and gave him a 3 trillion dollar buyout

He gave bert a raise and an extension after is second SEC win. In two seasons.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou took out Butch Jones, Bielema's next.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou took out Butch Jones, Bielema's next.

Bert can't beat Mizzou

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I'll never understand hitching your wagon to someone like this. How does that conversation not go:

School president or whoever: "Yeah so we want you to get rid of Bert"
AD: "Nah I want to keep him"
SPOW: "You're fired if you don't get rid of him"
AD: "Nuff said gently caress that guy who do you think we should hire to replace him?"

Unless the guy just really wanted to leave Arky and used that to get fired I guess

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'll never understand hitching your wagon to someone like this. How does that conversation not go:

School president or whoever: "Yeah so we want you to get rid of Bert"
AD: "Nah I want to keep him"
SPOW: "You're fired if you don't get rid of him"
AD: "Nuff said gently caress that guy who do you think we should hire to replace him?"

Unless the guy just really wanted to leave Arky and used that to get fired I guess

Severance and the knowledge you'll land another gig and be ok.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Did Florida hire Chip yet?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Chip Kelly is my husbandfu.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
ADs are well paid, but I didn't think they made gently caress-you money.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alvarez is making over 1 mil a year. It's not D-I coach levels of cash, but it's still a significant chunk of change (his pay was the top for ADs in the Big Ten and fourth nationally according to USA Today back in 2016 when he signed an extension).

iospace fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 15, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

ADs are well paid, but I didn't think they made gently caress-you money.

It varies, and some hold a couple different positions in the school, but yeah they're largely in the $200k-$1m range as FBS schools go.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
My brother used to live near Jeremy Foley's house. It was very nice but not obscenely expensive. But you know guys like him get all kinds of things (food, vehicles, etc.) on the university's dime.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jeremy Foley ran into me coming out of the library on University.

that's my story, thanks for reading.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm so mad at football right now. Firing Jeff Long is monumentally stupid. Arkansas has the worst fanbase in the country.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Jeff Long gave bert a raise and extension after going 0fer then 2 and whatever in the SEC.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Bert is extremely toast

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
has bert sufficiently toasted his rep that we can hire him as a DL coach or does he have to go bomb as a DC or midmajor HC first? Reese Morgan is like 80 and I want Bert to come home as Not Head Coach.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It seems like he's had a pretty low profile lately. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to pick him up as a position coach with one of those "Co-DC" titles

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bert is gonna go pull a Coach O somewhere

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA gonna fire Cheney and hire Enid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.