Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i stopped following him years ago when he posted some dumb ableist meme and then doubled down on it when called out.

using centerlibs obsession with a new john birchy redbaiting conspiracy worldview to deflect from sexual assault allegations is pretty gross.

how come the worst star treks are living the longest after the nice ones die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i stopped following him years ago when he posted some dumb ableist meme and then doubled down on it when called out.

using centerlibs obsession with a new john birchy redbaiting conspiracy worldview to deflect from sexual assault allegations is pretty gross.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The conservative schaden is just starting. It's only been an hour since the announcement, I expect it to have gone full fundie by the end of the day.

The best has been from Tony Abbott, former Prime Minister and Actual Lizard Person, with his saying "The No vote is going to win" to "40% is a moral victory" to "any support is a moral victory". They're going to throw out their spines from continuing to pick up the goal posts to move them.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The original allegation was a crock of poo poo pumped up for attention. Guy was in a relationship with Takei, he was an adult at the time, and it stopped when he asked for it to. Nothing to see here, except maybe someone who was heartbroken when the relationship ended and who should've subsequently seen a therapist instead of letting it fester for 30+ years.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Of course this is the type of bullshit that the Liberal party is pushing for

quote:

An alternative bill, proposed by another Liberal Party senator, James Paterson, has more robust religious protections. His bill would allow service providers like bakers and photographers to refuse service to same-sex couples, without facing legal action. His bill would provide additional anti-discrimination protections for religious people and businesses opposed to gay marriage. Reflecting the national debate that often centered on the well-being of children, Mr. Paterson’s bill would allow parents the right to take their children out of classes that “conflict with their values.”

The liberal party is just the Australian conservative party. There's been so much hand wringing from their side about this thing called safe schools is going to teach kdis to want to wear dresses to school and it's going to teach them how to be deviants.

Of course the safe schools project is devoted to providing support to LGBTI students and to provide them counselling and advice AND WE CAN'T HAVE THE GAYS THINKING THAT THEY'RE PEOPLE WHO DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE DECENT PEOPLE

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

SpacePig posted:

See: The mobile game market

Not really a gamer, and certainly would not pay for DLC unless it was significant, only good game I've played on mobile is Micro Machines, great fun, and you could build your cars quite well over time without having to pay for coins/diamonds whatever, game seems to have come to end of life as people fill up the cars, now servers/service is faulty as hell. Oh yeah that's EA too

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Testekill posted:

Of course this is the type of bullshit that the Liberal party is pushing for

The liberal party is just the Australian conservative party. There's been so much hand wringing from their side about this thing called safe schools is going to teach kdis to want to wear dresses to school and it's going to teach them how to be deviants.

Of course the safe schools project is devoted to providing support to LGBTI students and to provide them counselling and advice AND WE CAN'T HAVE THE GAYS THINKING THAT THEY'RE PEOPLE WHO DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE DECENT PEOPLE

I know people make fun of the US for the major left-wing party being centrist rather than truly left-wing by global standards, but how in the hell did you end up with the Liberals being the conservatives?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Memento posted:

The conservative schaden is just starting. It's only been an hour since the announcement, I expect it to have gone full fundie by the end of the day.

The best has been from Tony Abbott, former Prime Minister and Actual Lizard Person, with his saying "The No vote is going to win" to "40% is a moral victory" to "any support is a moral victory". They're going to throw out their spines from continuing to pick up the goal posts to move them.

Also Tony's electorate of Warringah returned a 75% 'yes' response :v:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

is there any chance that Mr. I Cut My Own Hair isn't himself a pedophile?

I posted this in the politoon thread a few days ago

quote:

So what I'm getting out of all this is that if someone defends pedophilia, it's because they pretty much are one and are thus defending themselves too.

Because it seems to be way, way more common than not.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

chitoryu12 posted:

I know people make fun of the US for the major left-wing party being centrist rather than truly left-wing by global standards, but how in the hell did you end up with the Liberals being the conservatives?

It's supposed to refer to Economic Liberalism, basically small-government.

quote:

Economic liberalism is an economic system organized on individual lines, which means that the greatest possible number of economic decisions are made by individuals or households rather than by collective institutions or organizations

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

or, in other words, neo-liberalism.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

chitoryu12 posted:

Uh it's like that in most if not all English speaking countries.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

djssniper posted:

Not really a gamer, and certainly would not pay for DLC unless it was significant, only good game I've played on mobile is Micro Machines, great fun, and you could build your cars quite well over time without having to pay for coins/diamonds whatever, game seems to have come to end of life as people fill up the cars, now servers/service is faulty as hell. Oh yeah that's EA too

Mobile game microtransactions hurt the same people as gas station slot machines basically. They're engineered specifically to exploit little brain behaviors that urge people to spend. They target whales, people most likely to fall into that pit. And just like gas station slot machines, free games with lovely microtransactions are really easy to stumble across for people who might be weak to that kind of thing.

They genuinely design them to hook whales and milk them for money. It is very scummy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/OzProtectionist/status/930584537477758977

Lyle Shelton is the managing director of the Australian Christian Lobby and an all-'round shitdick "gays=pedophiles" and "won't someone please think of the children" supporter of conversion therapy who considers it child abuse for a child to be raise by a same-sex couple, and he can get fuuuuuuuuuucked.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
"Donald Trump is a preposterous golem who is afraid of Mexicans. He is so afraid that he wants to build a $20 billion wall that everyone knows will accomplish nothing," the website reads. "So we’ve purchased a plot of vacant land on the border and retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for the wall to get built."

Cards Against Humanity buys large tract of land on the U.S. border and retains lawfirm to block Trump wall.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
one of the best things about the plebiscite victory is I can now openly laugh at tony abbott getting headbutted and tell shelton to go gently caress himself without keeping up the veneer of 'respectful debate, :boonie:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/OzProtectionist/status/930584537477758977

Lyle Shelton is the managing director of the Australian Christian Lobby and an all-'round shitdick "gays=pedophiles" and "won't someone please think of the children" supporter of conversion therapy who considers it child abuse for a child to be raise by a same-sex couple, and he can get fuuuuuuuuuucked.

The best part of Lyle Shelton during this was a bunch of churches coming out and saying 'this man doesn't speak for us, he's a dick' since he alienated his base by insinuating that they echoed his gays are pedophiles stance.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
poor lyle. now everyone's going to assume his wife is a man

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Aerdan posted:

The original allegation was a crock of poo poo pumped up for attention. Guy was in a relationship with Takei, he was an adult at the time, and it stopped when he asked for it to.
That kinda downplays the allegation that he was possibly roofied.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Croccers posted:

I want to bring this back up because how DARE try to use every last bit of an animal. The British would NEVER try to dress up offal and serve it to you!

Jamie Oliver is a good cook, but his culinary justice crusade is ruined by him being an utter toff who thinks everyone has infinite time, money and energy to prepare their food and has no idea what a food desert is.

"Why don't they just have their servants do all the cleaning for them?"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Right now the Schaden is me because the last Firefox update is incompatible with SALR and I've completely forgotten how to operate without it :saddowns:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

$3 million lawsuit for Worth County students

For those not familiar with the case, Worth County, Ga., Sheriff Jeff Hobby ordered a school-wide search for drugs at Worth County High. He ordered his deputies to take phones and to aggressively pat down students. All 900 of them. Some groped students. It lasted several hours, with no students permitted to leave.

No drugs were found.

Hobby has been suspended by executive order of the governor. He and two deputies were indicted for the search.

Last month, Hobby's 17-year-old son was arrested for felony possession of marijuana. Hobby, being a complete dumbass, burst in with his wife during the GBI interview and the boy was housed in the Worth County Jail.
The boy was not in school on the day of the drug search.

Hobby has been indicted for the interference, too.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Gorilla Salad posted:

Jamie Oliver is a good cook, but his culinary justice crusade is ruined by him being an utter toff who thinks everyone has infinite time, money and energy to prepare their food and has no idea what a food desert is.

"Why don't they just have their servants do all the cleaning for them?"

Oh god if you think he's bad you should watch the Heston Blumenthal series where he tries to overhaul school lunches, and also thinks that people will be cooking in the galley on an aeroplane. It's amazing. The guy who cooks the most convoluted meals on the planet trying to do cheap food quickly.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

"Donald Trump is a preposterous golem who is afraid of Mexicans. He is so afraid that he wants to build a $20 billion wall that everyone knows will accomplish nothing," the website reads. "So we’ve purchased a plot of vacant land on the border and retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for the wall to get built."

Cards Against Humanity buys large tract of land on the U.S. border and retains lawfirm to block Trump wall.

This isn’t going to matter because there are shitload of ranchers with more money already opposing it but I appreciate the gesture.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Right now the Schaden is me because the last Firefox update is incompatible with SALR and I've completely forgotten how to operate without it :saddowns:

Didn't the forums add a ton of the features natively that SALR provided like ten years ago?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I've watched enough Bear Grylls shows to know that she's as good as dead if she doesn't start a fire or start chugging piss IMMEDIATELY

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

This post hurts my brain

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MausoleumExtremist posted:

I've watched enough Bear Grylls shows to know that she's as good as dead if she doesn't start a fire or start chugging piss IMMEDIATELY

:wrong:

She could also butcher a seal and wrap herself in it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

FogHelmut posted:

Didn't the forums add a ton of the features natively that SALR provided like ten years ago?

Not the ones I used the most :v: which consisted of the pop-out window for typing posts and the SALR toolbar

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Testekill posted:

The best part of Lyle Shelton during this was a bunch of churches coming out and saying 'this man doesn't speak for us, he's a dick' since he alienated his base by insinuating that they echoed his gays are pedophiles stance.

Additionally he got so much media exposure during the postal vote process, I'm fairly confident he contributed a good percentage to the Yes vote with his poisonous advocacy.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ellinghausen/st...3D49%23lastpost

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I was wondering about this for a couple of minutes before looking up context. The two seated senators are openly gay and were big figures on the liberal side that were pushing for same-sex marriage. Meanwhile here's what I found out about the other guy

quote:

Cory Bernardi is a conservative senator for South Australia standing up for common sense and the silent majority.

Just feel the douche chills radiating from his website.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Testekill posted:

Meanwhile here's what I found out about the other guy

quote:

Cory Bernardi is a conservative senator for South Australia standing up for common sense and the silent majority.
Just feel the douche chills radiating from his website.

Oh no he'll have to rush out and update his website, there's no loving way he can claim he represents a majority (silent or otherwise) on this topic now.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

"Video game microtransactions unfairly exploit people who compulsively make microtransactions" is very much the "don't take Wonderdrug if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Wonderdrug" of trumped-up moral panics that goons pretend to give a poo poo about.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Tony Abbot and Cory Bernardi can go suck an absolutely monumental wheelbarrow of cock

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

walrusman posted:

"Video game microtransactions unfairly exploit people who compulsively make microtransactions" is very much the "don't take Wonderdrug if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Wonderdrug" of trumped-up moral panics that goons pretend to give a poo poo about.

Preying upon people is literally the business model though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Platystemon posted:

This isn’t going to matter because there are shitload of ranchers with more money already opposing it but I appreciate the gesture.

On the other hand, it's one more case that's going to get tied up in federal court for a while if they ever start actually moving to build the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I forget which paper, but effectively they came right out and said that this was a mistake.

We never should have let it happen as it UNDERMINES representative DEMOCRACY.

That's right a major newspaper does not believe australians should ever be able to vote on anything themselves.

Pretty amazing in this day and age.