Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Halloween Jack posted:

He means his Hit Die type increased.

Only against... other lanyards? I hope? I can't imagine who other than a lanyard would appreciate one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/floozyesq/status/930499880711311361

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

even if that's true there's literally no worse choice for it because Matt would 100% do the Trump joke of getting bored with it half way through.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/929949308035719169

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Rofl, agreed.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Felix could easily win MN senate if he staged a plane crash, survived, and then announced he could not be killed in such a way

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Extremely ready for the "lookin like drat snack and a thot" thing to be over.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Time Dissolver posted:

It wont end until you see a McDonald's ad with "lookin like a snack" on it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/930583576353165312

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

http://wkrg.com/2017/11/14/curious-robocall-seeks-damaging-information-on-moore/

It's Felix's Kushner voice

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Jew Goldstein strikes again

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

yesterday when i listened to the ep, i was like "man, matt is gonna have egg on his face" because i listened in between the yearbook poo poo

15 years later to 5 minutes ago
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/930624826456313856

it's gonna be a squeaker.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I hope Virgil listened to his gut, and the old Carl Diggler magic comes through :sigh:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/930641362554368000

how bout a side of dog whistle anti-semitism to go with the racist pederast candidate

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Heebie Jewsenburg here. Oy vey do you want to support my candidate, Doug Jones! He's my goy!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

What's that mosaic in Matt's twitter av?

Is this recent or old?

padijun posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/930641362554368000

how bout a side of dog whistle anti-semitism to go with the racist pederast candidate

I didn't find out until recently Seth Dickfield's real name was Cockfield. I had assumed it was the other way around.

Greatbacon posted:

Power: Ultimately, the lanyard is an expression of a type of power. Not low enough in the system that you just wear a plastic nametag or have a workshirt with some name stitched into it, or otherwise work in an organization small enough that everyone just knows everyone. But also, not high enough to just get by on your face alone. At the end of the day senators, judges, and presidents don't wear lanyards.

In short, it means you don't dig ditches, but you're still a drone for the establishment.

One thing that stood out to me immediately the first time I played MGS4 was how Ocelot wears a nametag even though he's the main villian.

[It's been a while since we've had a Metal Gear derail so I thought I'd go ahead and fix that.]

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Liquid Ocelot is really a stand-in for any lanyard-dicked political tool in DC. Nanomachines are dialectics. The spirit of Liquid is praxis. Hypnotherapy is covfefe.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Pomplamoose posted:

It's in the times square subway station, up the stairs from the 1/2/3 platforms. It's weird, I recognized it cause someone I know irl also discovered that one of the characters in the mosaic looks like her

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Time Dissolver posted:

This a thousand times. Who comes up with these things? I figure it originally comes from teenagers, but they don't come to someone like me until they get filtered through someone like Brandon Wardell.

I have a theory that as pop culture accelerates, every new thing will become instantly beaten into the ground. You'll only ever enjoy a given meme once before reposting it becomes a faux pas.

Apoplexy posted:

Liquid Ocelot is really a stand-in for any lanyard-dicked political tool in DC. Nanomachines are dialectics. The spirit of Liquid is praxis. Hypnotherapy is covfefe.
He looks like a pampered suburbanite who's nonetheless obsessed with CCing everywhere and collecting 1911s.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 15, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lotta goons ITT who are bitter that no one thinks they’re a snack

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Pomplamoose posted:

One thing that stood out to me immediately the first time I played MGS4 was how Ocelot wears a nametag even though he's the main villian.

[It's been a while since we've had a Metal Gear derail so I thought I'd go ahead and fix that.]

"Is that a name tag?! Everyone here is either trying to kill you or working directly for you, they know who you are!"

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Pomplamoose posted:

Does the nametag say he's Ocelot or Liquid Snake? Because I can see how "Yes I am the leader, I took over this other guy's mind by means of his transplanted arm" is a thing you'd want immediately apparent to people.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Skyscraper posted:

Does the nametag say he's Ocelot or Liquid Snake? Because I can see how "Yes I am the leader, I took over this other guy's mind by means of his transplanted arm" is a thing you'd want immediately apparent to people.

its holographic so it depends what angle youre looking from

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

dangerdoom volvo posted:

its holographic so it depends what angle youre looking from

that would've made a good preorder bonus

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Halloween Jack posted:

I have a theory that as pop culture accelerates, every new thing will become instantly beaten into the ground. You'll only ever enjoy a given meme once before reposting it becomes a faux pas.

You mean like normal jokes? That sounds amazing.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I can't believe dsa president Nick Mullen is doing some antisemitic robocall to harass women

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Halloween Jack posted:

This a thousand times. Who comes up with these things? I figure it originally comes from teenagers, but they don't come to someone like me until they get filtered through someone like Brandon Wardell.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Halloween Jack posted:

He looks like a pampered suburbanite who's nonetheless obsessed with CCing everywhere and collecting 1911s.

Same lifecycle of almost all slang: Young African-Americans -> rap music -> teenagers -> twitter -> irony recycler -> left twitter

Left twitter loves to appropriate hip-hop slang - hence we are in a thread about a podcast called Chapo Trap House.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/thot

quote:

Complex magazine claims that it originated in the Chicago Drill music community, and was first popularized by the local rapper Katie Got Bandz in her song “Ridin’ Round and We Drillin,”(below left) released on March 12th, 2012.[2] On April 30th, 2012, another Chicago rapper named TKO released a single called “I Need a Thot” (below right).

quote:

Also according to Complex, a man named Duan Gaines claims to have first heard the term on set for a video shoot with Chief Keef. He then began using it on social media, popularizing the term.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Pomplamoose posted:

Is this recent or old?

I didn't find out until recently Seth Dickfield's real name was Cockfield. I had assumed it was the other way around.

very old. but it's matt.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Huzanko posted:

Chicago Drill music community
i knew dril was behind this

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wanna say it was Kevin Gates in particular who at least popularized Thot.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

even if that's true there's literally no worse choice for it because Matt would 100% do the Trump joke of getting bored with it half way through.

Or he'd pull a reverse Khmer Rogue, exterminate everyone outside of the city centres and end his governorship ranting into a microphone in his underground toilet bunker.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

super fart shooter posted:

It's in the times square subway station, up the stairs from the 1/2/3 platforms. It's weird, I recognized it cause someone I know irl also discovered that one of the characters in the mosaic looks like her

The Enigma of Amigara Platform

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Pomplamoose posted:

The Enigma of Amigara Platform

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
thot has been around for long enough some site like vox has already written a thinkpiece about how problematic it is

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Do...do we need to talk about thot? When do we need to talk about it?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/greta/status/931197067870994433

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

thot has been around for long enough some site like vox has already written a thinkpiece about how problematic it is

If you do a Google "vox thot" you'll get first page results for the Daily Stormer's onion site :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's gone already, what did it say?