Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

SpaceGoku posted:

they called reactionaries for good reason

for real, its right there in the word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"Debating Richard Spencer"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Defs0czezIU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i didn't click on the articvle because its the daily caller but good work misgendering her in the tweet

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/930162288211972096

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly i've always thought the whole 'silent indignation' thing was self-defeating - the whole point of indignation is the transfer the blame onto your opponents, which means they have to feel it. But, human beings being what they are, if you simply refuse to engage, the most self-serving interpretation of that, is that you can't, not what you won't.

The best indignation is philosophical, the one that uproots and shows to the entire world, the rotten foundation of the worldview of people like richard spencer. the art of that seems lost, but it's something i personally try to hone

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
actually, no, it's not a lost art - it's because liberalism itself doesn't have the ideological tools to do that exposure. racism is about Bad Men doing Bad Things, not a system of exploitation rooted in economics

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it might've been ministry and not death grips yeah. here:

https://anon.to/?http%3A%2F%2Fweev.net%2Ftag%2Frace-ghost%2Ffeed%2F

might want to hide your IP when clicking on that

it's in the first 20 minutes or so and yeah the podcast is called "race ghost: roast to roast"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
one of the things i've noticed really diving into these podcasts and talks given at conferences is their strategy of trying to bait the left into lashing out. obviously we've seen them try to do this over and over again. the "it's okay to be white" flyer effort is the latest example. they talk about it like they're waging an insurgency.

it's a strategy of escalating to provoke an overreaction; with the goal being to have the left push far-right sympathizers further right. but this strategy also seems like a crapshoot. they're waging a culture war but an occasionally violent one, and the thing about any conflict is that there are so many unknown variables that happen when the rubber meets the road; like the driver of that car who plowed into the crowd. charlottesville was an attempt to escalate to provoke an overreaction, but one of their own overreacted to the left-wing counter-escalation.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it's pure foquismo. the objective conditions for the revolution don't exist so the focos will spark a conflict in order to generate popular support. but that's stupid. and they're not waging an armed struggle against the government but are trying to provoke an armed conflict with other americans. insane.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

they're not waging an armed struggle against the government but are trying to provoke an armed conflict with other americans.

The same goal as the Iraqi insurgency.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the big news on the alt-right now is the disinvitation of faith goldy from an event with jordan peterson.

peterson defended it but i don't care to watch this blah blah :words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8zLcMGCedA

goldy is a white nationalist twitter personality who worked for rebel media until she got sacked for going 14/88 at charlottesville

how do you do fellow kids

i don't know much about her. but first of all, she's wearing that hunter's camo shirt despite being the private boarding-school-educated daughter of a toronto physician. secondly is that wikipedia lists her birthdate as 1989 which makes her either 27 or 28. she looks 10 years older than that and has had some work done but what do i know her whole deal is weird

and the specific reason she got sacked was doing an interview *for* azzmador; who isn't a richard spencer / plausibly deniable nazi he's straight-up old-school

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 15:18 on Nov 15, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

one of the things i've noticed really diving into these podcasts and talks given at conferences is their strategy of trying to bait the left into lashing out. obviously we've seen them try to do this over and over again. the "it's okay to be white" flyer effort is the latest example. they talk about it like they're waging an insurgency.

it's a strategy of escalating to provoke an overreaction; with the goal being to have the left push far-right sympathizers further right. but this strategy also seems like a crapshoot. they're waging a culture war but an occasionally violent one, and the thing about any conflict is that there are so many unknown variables that happen when the rubber meets the road; like the driver of that car who plowed into the crowd. charlottesville was an attempt to escalate to provoke an overreaction, but one of their own overreacted to the left-wing counter-escalation.

thats why all this stuff isnt real, in a way. i dont mean to trivialize it, but when it becomes real everyone freaks out and starts to question their tactics. when its all just words and irony its one thing, when people :killing: its another

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

it's pure foquismo. the objective conditions for the revolution don't exist so the focos will spark a conflict in order to generate popular support. but that's stupid. and they're not waging an armed struggle against the government but are trying to provoke an armed conflict with other americans. insane.

When you proceed from the assumption that everyone places race at the apex of their self-identity then it makes more sense as a strategy. They see anger at the NFL protests and BLM and assume that there's a core of Americans who are ready for RAHOWA, but they're too myopic to realize that that's just the low-level background racism that permeates our culture instead of a hill that people are willing to kill and die on.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Whiteys get mad at the NFL and BLM because they feel like they're personally being accused of racism. The underlying implication being that they don't think of themselves as racist, and certainly not racist enough to start killing their black neighbors and send them all back to Africa.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

When you proceed from the assumption that everyone places race at the apex of their self-identity then it makes more sense as a strategy. They see anger at the NFL protests and BLM and assume that there's a core of Americans who are ready for RAHOWA, but they're too myopic to realize that that's just the low-level background racism that permeates our culture instead of a hill that people are willing to kill and die on.
huh. i think you're right and yeah, they talk in such terms as white americans are secret RAHOWAs; they just haven't been fully waken up yet and yada yada.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jose posted:

i didn't click on the articvle because its the daily caller but good work misgendering her in the tweet

lol entirely unsurprised that they're going to throw any friendly minority under the bus for literally no reason

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PapaJohns/statu...2727%23lastpost

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Papa John following in Henry Ford's footsteps and saying he's open to doing business with those classic nazis

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

PJ's is still literal garbage and nobody is going to forgive or forget poo poo. Also, the pepes will make sure to eat there now to trigger the libs.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
papa john is a cuck

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/930827566478393345

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

twitter is definitely nazis

https://twitter.com/x24sonic/status/930621650575417344

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the twitter convulsions as the youtube wing of the alt-right gets very mad on behalf of /theirgal/ being misgendered and runs into the bathroom warrior wing of the alt-right are fantastic

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

huh. i think you're right and yeah, they talk in such terms as white americans are secret RAHOWAs; they just haven't been fully waken up yet and yada yada.

I think we might have talked about it earlier in the thread, but one of the members of the Weather Underground talked about how the egotism of extremists prevents them from realizing that most of the population will never embrace their ideas. The Weathermen saw their relatively low numbers as proof that there was a vast swell of left-wing extremists who were just waiting in the wings and never really thought twice when their circle got smaller and smaller. Probably the same with Nazis, but shittier because they're shittier people.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
"We're just saying what everyone is thinking" has always been a mainstay mantra of the Right. There's a reason it's always the gross racist who screams about minorities on the bus.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It's a really bad gambit, and its success seems dependent on a number of "bad" assumptions, particularly:

1) People so trolled will not change or adapt, and will remain "triggerable" no matter how far escalated it gets.
2) People are too dumb to recognize that they are being trolled or manipulated.
3) Systemic support for their actions will remain. We'll see how long Twitter and Facebook remain ostensibly supportive, and whether or not the social media companies are functioning as a honeypot for these people. Twitter and Facebook's stock, both financial and with the public consciousness, is going to start sharply falling if they keep bolstering a demographic minority that advocates violence against everyone else. It's extremely clear that these companies are violating their own Terms of Service and abusing their real, actual userbase so that these people CAN HAVE A FAIR CRY OUT ABOUT THEIR POLITICS.

It's also only a matter of time before these same groups decide to "flip over" Facebook, because they'll inevitably, and unless I'm mistaken already do, perceive Mark Zuckerberg as a threat. These same people fetishize destroying systems from within.

4) Their control over their own ranks. Lotta dimensions to this last one. People both individually and as a group are extremely fallible and bad at things, especially when it comes to NEETs and the people who Handle NEETs.

Waffle House has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Nov 15, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Doomtalker posted:

PJ's is still literal garbage and nobody is going to forgive or forget poo poo. Also, the pepes will make sure to eat there now to trigger the libs.

sometimes eating garbage is what i need tho

I'm a big time pizza snob but Papa John's is my guilty pleasure

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zeroisanumber posted:

I think we might have talked about it earlier in the thread, but one of the members of the Weather Underground talked about how the egotism of extremists prevents them from realizing that most of the population will never embrace their ideas. The Weathermen saw their relatively low numbers as proof that there was a vast swell of left-wing extremists who were just waiting in the wings and never really thought twice when their circle got smaller and smaller. Probably the same with Nazis, but shittier because they're shittier people.

drat if only we could have told this to germans in 1933

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

drat if only we could have told this to germans in 1933

Wow man! Yeah, wow! Wow! Wow, I never thought of that example. Wow. Weird. God, I am completely undone. Wow. poo poo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wow man! Yeah, wow! Wow! Wow, I never thought of that example. Wow. Weird. God, I am completely undone. Wow. poo poo.

i just dont think the whole "moral arc of the universe" aka "it will all work out and we wont get fascism" line works my dude. by definition ideologies like Nazism that view seizing power as a Good Thing are going to focus on that and should be much more worrisome than nits like the Weather Underground

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

poo poo has to get way worse in the United States than "it's really hard for gamers to get a white girlfriend" for Nazism to take power in America. Just compare all the Nazi rallies here to the massive 60,000 man demonstration in Warsaw.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

poo poo has to get way worse in the United States than "it's really hard for gamers to get a white girlfriend" for Nazism to take power in America. Just compare all the Nazi rallies here to the massive 60,000 man demonstration in Warsaw.

i have bad news

about the future

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Jose posted:

Blaire White is such a piece of poo poo and I'm glad she's getting stabbed in the back by those people she tries to impress constantly

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ASI/status/930357679532503040

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

well, that was fast

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/930871415859015681

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

let_them_fight.gif

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

"This is EXACTLY what the Left is doing!" they cry in a nation that was founded on the bones and repression of another people.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
heard from some college lefties 'round these parts that TPUSA guys would walk past them on campus and say "kikes" so it has been getting pretty openly alt-right

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

heard from some college lefties 'round these parts that TPUSA guys would walk past them on campus and say "kikes" so it has been getting pretty openly alt-right

Becoming a Nazi to Trigger the Libs.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

https://twitter.com/tpusa/status/930887779168370688
toilet paper usa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/jesticide/status/930889039304998912