Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

hakimashou posted:

Sorry sex-pest islands, Australia has just won a decisive victory over you in the English Speaking Countries Rankings.

Fresh on the heels of throwing out of a bunch of their shitbag politicians because of citizenship problems, they've voted in a national referendum to allow gay marriage.

I fear the Benighted Isles will remain the worst English Speaking Country for a generation.

we've had that for a while tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hakimashou is american which is proving itself to be insanely sex pesty so

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Gum posted:

Yeah but australia is doing good stuff while meanwhile in britain ^^^ see all the pages before this one ^^^^^^^

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

bojo!!!!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hosed up that labor's approval at bojo isn't -100

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lol yeah ok britain you're really in a position to scold about pedophiles

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

bump_fn posted:

lol yeah ok britain you're really in a position to scold about pedophiles

We at least have the dignity to get rid of them once it's clear the cover up has failed

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

The telegraph is owned by a pair of billionaires who lived on sark and campaigned to have the island changed to a democracy then their candidate lost the election so they pulled all of their money from their investments on the island

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/930558567257690113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

why do all tories look like a plastic bag full of buttermilk left in the sun

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Sorry sex-pest islands, Australia has just won a decisive victory over you in the English Speaking Countries Rankings.

Fresh on the heels of throwing out of a bunch of their shitbag politicians because of citizenship problems, they've voted in a national referendum to allow gay marriage.

I fear the Benighted Isles will remain the worst English Speaking Country for a generation.

why do you make posts

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

why do all tories look like a plastic bag full of buttermilk left in the sun
that's all English people, op

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

jBrereton posted:

that's all English people, op

it's because Britian has no natural sources of melanin and had to import all of its supply from the Empire

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is normal

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial...er%3D120%23pti1

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

how did they decide who gets the crowd scene and who gets the isolation cubes

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Gum posted:

not in northern ireland

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nobody cares about northern ireland

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Imagine my friends, a beautiful world where the Leveson Report's recommendations were put into place, and British papers were put into account for the poo poo they spew.

Alternatively, imagine a world were we find and guillotine the owners and shatter Murdock's phalactery.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

show yr proud unionism by refusing to define them in terms of another nation, and refer to their neighboring state as "northern lowerland"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the press are really terrified of corbyn because he'll probably bring in some proper press regulation which we desperately need

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

What's the mood in the UK right now irt Brexit? Is it anger, stoic resignation, or ThisIsFine.jpg?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

I love to champion democracy by labeling elected officials I disagree with as traitors.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

on the verge of melting down, :tif: or not thinking about it depending on how much they pay attention/how insane they are

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

What's the mood in the UK right now irt Brexit? Is it anger, stoic resignation, or ThisIsFine.jpg?

Dread and terror from those who know how poo poo it's gonna be, indignant rage from Brexiteer over why we haven't TAKEN ARE SOVRENTEE BACK and thrown out the blacks yet.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i think people have an insane belief that if food prices do rise the government will help out. despite this government pushing obscene amounts of austerity on everyone

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Tory supporters aren't known for their grasp of reality.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/poll-majority-of-british-people-think-it-was-wrong-to-vote-for-brexit-2017-11

locally, the leavers seem to be split between #maga level crazy and "it's not looking good but it's what we voted for!" with the latter group being the larger one

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose posted:

i think people have an insane belief that if food prices do rise the government will help out. despite this government pushing obscene amounts of austerity on everyone

the law of conservative hypocrisy predicts that may/bojo will go full chavez and impose price controls, sending the country's economy into a tailspin of shortages and hyperinflation

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

like if we do crash out with no deal all flights in and out of the UK suddenly have to stop lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jose posted:

nobody cares about northern ireland

game of thrones tourism

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gum posted:

We at least have the dignity to get rid of them once it's clear the cover up has failed

or once they die and after you run a touching tribute on live tv

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lastgirl posted:

hosed up that labor's approval at bojo isn't -100

surely somebody in labour approves of the dishonour he is bringing their enemies

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

lol these bright sorts are going to be completely in charge once the eu institutional oversight is gone

home office is going to get somehow even worse

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

surely somebody in labour approves of the dishonour he is bringing their enemies

labours surest supporters, britains working class klingons

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Yinlock posted:

or once they die and after you run a touching tribute on live tv

I don't think ofcom would allow that. Maybe stick to the regular kind

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

labours surest supporters, britains working class klingons

oh god now i wanna get a copy of the klingon dictionary and start adding random u's all ouver the place :twisted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gum posted:

I don't think ofcom would allow that. Maybe stick to the regular kind

rip jimmy savile, kid toucher and bbc hero

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

rip jimmy savile, kid toucher and bbc hero
the "best" :chloe: part was that he literally paid tories by the hour for access to children to molest

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the "best" :chloe: part was that he literally paid tories by the hour for access to children to molest

the tories shut down that investigation real quick, but yeah that was the fun reveal that there's a massive pedo ring in the tories

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

like if we do crash out with no deal all flights in and out of the UK suddenly have to stop lol

Between Europe and the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

Between Europe and the UK
No, everywhere, since the rules for who gets in are currently governed on EU-legislation related principles.