Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: A Discriminatory Lack of Pec Physics.

e: gently caress the worst snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ProfessorCirno posted:

Is gettin' mad at furries even still a thing? I feel like that largely faded away once Bronies happened, and nowadays we're up to our chins with nazis. Someone wants to gently caress Tony the Tiger, man, whatever, at least you aren't advocating genocide.

we truly are in the darkest timeline

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Shady Amish Terror posted:

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: A Discriminatory Lack of Pec Physics.

e: gently caress the worst snipe

Just you wait, they're gonna add in a fatass neckbearded goon model to CBB, and it'll have realistic sweat and moob physics. Also, jump is disabled.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
I wonder how AAA games would change if jump was disabled in them. Imagine rear end Creed with jump disabled.

gently caress now I want that mod

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yakety sax plays when you hit the run button

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Just you wait, they're gonna add in a fatass neckbearded goon model to CBB, and it'll have realistic sweat and moob physics. Also, jump is disabled.

It would be easy, just steal the models from Killing Floor 2. Video footage courtesy of Dying Internet Comedy Forums User Takes No Damage: https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/TestyUntriedDevilfish

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

HoboNews posted:

I wonder how AAA games would change if jump was disabled in them. Imagine rear end Creed with jump disabled.

gently caress now I want that mod

Yeah, Siege would be-- oh.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Kavak posted:

Hey, better them than the Brujah or Gangrel :smug:

Clan Tremere is the best.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

grimcreaper posted:

That's a funny way to spell Tzimisce

Though the only representative of the best clan is played off like a mindless thug. That made me mad.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It never really got finished, and I don't think it's on the internet anymore, but drat, Matrix Quake 2 was fun as hell. You could play it in SP, which let you beat up all of the enemies in the game with awesome kung fu and run on walls and stuff. Pretty impressive considering the engine it was running on.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holy poo poo, the Nuclear Throne update that just dropped adds raw mouse input (among the ton of other fixes). As in, no more mouse lag, at all. It's literally the only thing I wanted. Thank god.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Hexenritter posted:

That's a funny way to spell Tzimisce

Though the only representative of the best clan is played off like a mindless thug. That made me mad.
Did you never enter the sewers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNa4wGINOro

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

It's been so long I utterly forgot about the skinhouse. I even made a wallpaper out of the Deathmask Productions logo. gently caress. My memory sucks. :negative:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
:catstare: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/...review%3D&pUp=1 (slightly :nws:)

On the bright side, the description shows that mod author did it as a joke and admits that it's stupid. That's a good sign, right?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Max Wilco posted:

On the bright side, the description shows that mod author did it as a joke and admits that it's stupid. That's a good sign, right?

Ironic ball-chafing is still ball-chafing. There will always be somebody who takes it seriously.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

grimcreaper posted:

gently caress yeah, blood wizards 4 unlyfe.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Max Wilco posted:

:catstare: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/...review%3D&pUp=1 (slightly :nws:)

Finally, someone making the important mods. Gotta keep those balls comfy, ya know!

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Max Wilco posted:

Finally a mod that understands that skin tight leather pants on a a hot rear end stroll through a monster infested bog is probably gonna result in some uncomfortable chaffing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Max Wilco posted:

ahahaha

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Max Wilco posted:

I mean...To be fully fair...

Would

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
An old "classic"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAx_2Fo1qyQ

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Max Wilco posted:

I appreciate how remarkably progressive he's being with that Ciri plugin.

Or he's just being weird. Hopefully the former. Probably the latter.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Sometimes a Doom map is harder on the etc. etc.

https://twitter.com/TerminusEst13/status/929618846163591169

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
So people have complained about how sims 4 won't let you control the pets, thankfully a mod was out in less than a week to fix that problem

http://sims4studio.com/thread/4254/aom?page=2&scrollTo=89311

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Lmao and this is after the community reps insisted making them controllable via a built-in cheat is impossible because of reasons. Oh EA, never change

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

EA: because we said so, now go clean your room!

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Ruflux posted:

Lmao and this is after the community reps insisted making them controllable via a built-in cheat is impossible because of reasons. Oh EA, never change

Really, people believed that? After the SimCity "can't be played offline" bullshit?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

m2pt5 posted:

Really, people believed that? After the SimCity "can't be played offline" bullshit?

SimCity 201whatever it was is unplayable in all forms, so it's definitely unplayable offline.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I mean to be fair, it's not completely unreasonable. If they'd designed pets to be NPCs to begin with and sort of just didn't implement any of the usual stuff like relationships or needs or user-directed actions, then yeah, it'd be pretty infeasible to just add in a cheat to control them.

But obviously that's not what happened, they just made a new class of sims and then halfway through decided they shouldn't be playable at all. It's so very stupid they couldn't just add a cheat because the pets were probably fully controllable in the development builds so they could more effectively test interactions and whatnot. But no, instead let's just pretend it's not possible and look like idiots when less than a week from release, some dude shows up and changes probably like one script to allow for direct control. That's a way better solution.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

m2pt5 posted:

Obviously nobody believed it, no. That's why that mod exists

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I don't know what to say to anyone wanting to play The Sims games in this day and age other than find a way to :filez: it because seriously gently caress giving EA money.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I don't know what to say to anyone wanting to play The Sims games in this day and age other than find a way to :filez: it because seriously gently caress giving EA money.

The series is still incredibly successful, but sort of like a low-key Minecraft in the sense that its popularity doesn't connect much with mainstream gaming. I think it was just Sims 4 that turned people off, what with it going Origin only and EA trying to milk every dime they could get out of the player base. Shame to see them smother another golden goose, but EA gonna EA.

Also, while browsing Wiki's I just learned that alien mpreg is apparently part of the base game in Sims 3 and 4.

Uh... posted:

Female Sims only receive the "Abducted" moodlet after an abduction. There is a 33% chance that a young adult, adult, or elder male Sim will get the "Unexpected Weight Gain" moodlet after the "Abducted" moodlet has expired. After the "Unexpected Weight Gain" moodlet has expired, the Sim will give birth. Unlike The Sims 2, the baby will be purely alien, not a hybrid. Also unlike The Sims 2, the Sim is treated as a host, not as being truly pregnant. This is probably why elder males can carry alien babies, even though elders cannot become pregnant. Since male Sims carrying alien babies are not considered to be truly pregnant, they do not receive maternity leave or change into maternity clothes.

Huh.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 17, 2017

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

and EA trying to milk every dime they could get out of the player base
I don't remember The Sims 4 having the weird microtransaction store for individual items and creation pieces that The Sims 3 had. Didn't TS3 start showing unpurchased items in the menus to try and convince you to buy them at some point? IIRC TS4 is just back to the old Expansion/Stuff Pack model, with a middle tier between the two.

I haven't played in a while, though, so I might be wrong.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oops, yeah, looks like you're right about that. I got them mixed up.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Yeah, ironically EA got better about nickel-and-diming the playerbase with Sims 4, but only marginally. They've also released a bunch of free updates that compose a quite massive amount of content put together, but I'm hesitant to give them credit for that considering most of those features were in base game Sims 3 already.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Skippy McPants posted:

Also, while browsing Wiki's I just learned that alien mpreg is apparently part of the base game in Sims 3 and 4.

It was in Sims 2 as well, just with a very low chance of happening. One of the premade families started off with a pregnant male sim.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://twitter.com/Zell0s_/status/930953090160668672

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That first reply,

Good... dog?

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Please note: No mods were used to create this. This is all base Pets expansion stuff right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I think I got Sims 3 out of a free offer on Origin, and it lost me almost immediately. That pile of poo poo was unbelievably buggy. Terrible performance, random crashes and hangs, and it would corrupt save games at the drop of a hat.