Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

i saw a car in that colour yesterday

one of my dad's golf buddies has a car that color, like a ferrari or a lamborghini or some poo poo, plus a dumb license plate that's a pun on his name, and i don't think he has any idea that all of his friends make fun of him about it behind his back and that his wife and one friend's son are in on the joke.

it's kind of hilarious because he's super proud of the monstrosity.

old man shaming snype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

DiggityDoink posted:

ok i might have to watch this movie

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

.lnk to the past posted:

why are there links to cancerous gawker garbage at the top?

lol @ your lack of adblock

https://twitter.com/Pointless_Alias/status/651424869528301568

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

YOSPOS: the paint

a can of TVR sagaris

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ol qwerty bastard posted:

i saw this sign today at work and can't stop thinking about it

ah, i see you work at the redundant tautology factory

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
😮

Only registered members can see post attachments!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

no. just no

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

:(

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

maskenfreiheit posted:

i used to work for an automotive paint company, and would routinely walk away with gallons of car paint that, when they were custom mixed and tested, were slightly off spec. I mean synthetic enamel, acrylic polyurethane, the whole works. I must have 50 gallons of various colors stashed away. I have a gallon of that pearlescent stuff, but never figured out what I could paint with it. iirc, it sold to distributors at $200/gallon

Now that i think of it, my snowblower would look pretty cool with a color changing paint job.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

i used to work for an automotive paint company, and would routinely walk away with gallons of car paint that, when they were custom mixed and tested, were slightly off spec. I mean synthetic enamel, acrylic polyurethane, the whole works. I must have 50 gallons of various colors stashed away. I have a gallon of that pearlescent stuff, but never figured out what I could paint with it. iirc, it sold to distributors at $200/gallon

Now that i think of it, my snowblower would look pretty cool with a color changing paint job.

also paint flames on the side

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

that would be fully sick

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

ffs. ok now you have to do this. do it. DO IT.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

only 125MB? surely you can loosen up a bit on the compression so we can make out what's going on

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Tankakern posted:

only 125MB? surely you can loosen up a bit on the compression so we can make out what's going on

And the cool thing is I didn't even notice how big it was.

Get hosed data cap havers.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tankakern posted:

lol I saw this over wifi and thought 'oh does awful.app inline gifv / mp4 now!?'

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i am enjoying new firefox

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

drat i thought that was gonna be about the exxon explosion there in ‘89

we lived close enough for it to rattle our windows

e: this one

unfortunately all that the uscsb does is recent disasters

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
hi we're IBM and this is definitely human technology that we invented and not something pulled from a crashed flying saucer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

too bad you don't have more than a gallon. would make a baller lawn mower too, more sun-catching in that season

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

too bad you don't have more than a gallon. would make a baller lawn mower too, more sun-catching in that season

a gallon could spray out probably 5 snow blowers, and 10 lawnmowers if your good at spraying. I HVLP spray all the time, not super efficiently, and I can probably paint a small car with a gallon (you're going to reduce it, and activate it anyway which stretches the volume).

the nice thing about these fuckups i picked up is they're single stage, so no clearcoat necessary. i was IT at the place, and walked by the lab and watched the techs dumping gallons of paint into a 55 gal drum. i asked them why, and they said that they were off-spec gallons. so, i asked if they could save back a few. i didn't gaf about what color, i could find a use, and they said yep fine, dude. so now i have all this car paint.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

a gallon could spray out probably 5 snow blowers, and 10 lawnmowers if your good at spraying. I HVLP spray all the time, not super efficiently, and I can probably paint a small car with a gallon (you're going to reduce it, and activate it anyway which stretches the volume).

the nice thing about these fuckups i picked up is they're single stage, so no clearcoat necessary. i was IT at the place, and walked by the lab and watched the techs dumping gallons of paint into a 55 gal drum. i asked them why, and they said that they were off-spec gallons. so, i asked if they could save back a few. i didn't gaf about what color, i could find a use, and they said yep fine, dude. so now i have all this car paint.
cool. i'll be the first to admit i don't really know how automotive paint works. does it go bad as fast as interior paint seems to?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

hi we're IBM and this is definitely human technology that we invented and not something pulled from a crashed flying saucer

this is the fanciest disc golf basket I’ve ever seen

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i don't know what it is, but i want it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

stop teasing us and paint your snow blower with that cool paint

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

google says it is a quantum compute

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

looks like a chandelier ceelo green would buy

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

cool. i'll be the first to admit i don't really know how automotive paint works. does it go bad as fast as interior paint seems to?

yes, and no i guess. i mean, it does start to get weird as it gets older -- meaning i'd never paint a car that i cared about with old paint, but a lawnmower or whatever who gives a poo poo. as long as it sticks and is waterproof. i've used 12 yo paint with pretty decent results.

Cold on a Cob posted:

stop teasing us and paint your snow blower with that cool paint

i painted the main body yellow, and the auger green last year. i picked up another, smaller one last year which does need a paint job (after it's running right), so i'll take you up on your offer.

NE Ohio, man, we're just waiting for the snowshoe to fall now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

prefect posted:

steampunk patio light

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

you should make your own fordite

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you should make your own fordite

thor ragnarok concept art lookin good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

maskenfreiheit posted:

Gonna paint my car in the color "normal map"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oh gently caress Ashens did something slightly amusing for the first time in years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2M-m9ki5aw&t=760s

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
this guy looks like he's loving and cumming inside of the turbine

https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/930840163026120704

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just stubbed mY TOE

https://i.imgur.com/BfrgnqA.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

• Locked thread