Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

This one was actually pretty good. It happens, broken clock etc.

It'd be funnier if it wasn't coming out of the mouth of the poster child for lovely nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Get hosed Batiuk

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Ghostlight posted:

I'm not sure what archaeology has to do with it since Easter Island was inhabited when it was discovered and there's extensive contemporary documentation of the decimation of its people by slavery and small pox. The 'mysteries' of Easter Island aren't because nobody was there (they still are), but because they lost all of their elders to the Europeans and so their oral history and traditions were expunged.

Big pipe smokers. Climbed Everest, you know.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (April 10, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (April 10, 1996)

Garfield Classic (April 10, 1986)

Angular Cyrus posted:

Pop Team Epic

I do not understand this comic, like, at all, about ninety percent of the time.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

I do not understand this comic, like, at all, about ninety percent of the time.
Never played Yoshi's Island?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Tomorrow's headline will be "Creepy fiddler kicked out of local middle school".
"My marriage is going well, sister. Here, let me talk with you about loving my wife for a minute..."

F Minus

I don't.

Mark Trail

I didn't realize the pilot had a pony tail until that last panel there. I went back and discovered it's because the colorist has consistently mis-colored the pony tail as they did in the second panel here.

Mary Worth

Oh, how I want this to happen.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

And I bet that's not mud.

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Why on earth would his publisher be able to get him a job as a garbage collector?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

That is an egregious gap in my video games history; I cannot get past the crying-baby sound. It works too well.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I don’t think it occurs to the hack writerDustin’s sister that while she is at school, he is working temp jobs or seeking temp jobs.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Green Intern posted:

I don’t think it occurs to the hack writerDustin’s sister that while she is at school, he is working temp jobs or seeking temp jobs.

In my daydream world, the next thing that would happen in this strip is Dustin's dad would lose his job and spend a couple of years not getting hired because of the way he's treated people, and Dustin's golden child sister would have to try to get a job to help the family.

I guess that makes me evil.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Didn't they literally just do the yearly bowel movement storyline of the Saint Lisa's Enduring And Trascendental Legacy Up Yours Current Wife

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

You're a fat bald old western dude, that this woman deigns to spend time with you for the low price of one piece of jewellery is honestly astounding. What are you really offering here Wilbur? Your sick dance moves?

Reply All

Zits

Jeremy is cavalier about the prospect of his mother airing it out.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...
Dustin is such a consistently hateful and bitter comic. Kelly's dedication to having the entire universe constantly poo poo on the titular character for no reason is almost impressive.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is no reason to celebrate.

The art on this strip is so loving awful... It took me a minute to realize I was looking at a cork that had been shot through the floor instead of some weird distended anus poking through the ceiling.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

The mall was killed by those no-good freeloading libraries :mad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOlffr73fuM

quote:

Out Our Way (December 15-16, 1930)

:stare: AND HE DIED

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy Lisa's Legacy

Give thanks to Lisa the Blessed Martyr, First of the Dead, who brings an end to the misery of life. Long Live Death!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah Pop Team Epic is video game references like 3/4 of the time. Which is cool by me. Does bkub really produce Honey Come Chatka, Poptepic, Squirrel Nuts, and Kitty Tonight at the same time? Like some kind of Japanese Holbrook but actually good? (well I'll grant the art in the strips never looks all that time-consuming)

the bus

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It's not gonna go this way, but man I hope those covers sell for garbage in Funky.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Evil Mastermind posted:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Calaveron posted:

Didn't they literally just do the yearly bowel movement storyline of the Saint Lisa's Enduring And Trascendental Legacy Up Yours Current Wife

I think these comics are a promo for a real life auction of some of the Batom Comics cover art that has been in the Sunday strips. The dates didn't overlap with the usual marathon strips, so that's why we're getting it now.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

SuperKlaus posted:

Yeah Pop Team Epic is video game references like 3/4 of the time. Which is cool by me. Does bkub really produce Honey Come Chatka, Poptepic, Squirrel Nuts, and Kitty Tonight at the same time? Like some kind of Japanese Holbrook but actually good? (well I'll grant the art in the strips never looks all that time-consuming)

According to Wikipedia bkub has ten comics currently in serialization, of which I'm pretty sure at least half are actively ongoing. They're not daily comics, though.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni/b]

Rhymes with Orange

[b]Pros and Cons

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

Do you like flashbacks? Because the next 8 strips are going to be flashbacks.

2004 Spiderman

The Amazing Dr. Connors

For reference, this is what he looked like back in 2002. And again at the end of the storyline. Apparently it's really hard to decide on his hair color.

Nancy

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (June 6, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (March 24, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (April 19, 1924)

Lil' Abner (December 20, 1937)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
Barney Google (April 23, 1923)

Alley Oop (July 23, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (July 18, 1935)

Dickie Dare (August 31, 1933)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

That is, however, the block which you run into to turn Yoshi BACK from a helicopter or train or submarine or whatever.

From this we can only conclude that Popuko's true form is that helicopter.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

THAT'S NOT DOXXING YOU PIECE OF poo poo

X-rated fruit?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Beetle Bailey, November 3 2017

Classic Beetle Bailey, November 3 1956

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Zereth posted:

X-rated fruit?

Juanita's X-Rated Fruit!

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Her hair makes me physically uncomfortable. It looks like a hairball or something.

Good Listener posted:

It's not gonna go this way, but man I hope those covers sell for garbage in Funky.

I'm hoping they're frauds.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Nekonaughey

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Johnny Aztec posted:

Juanita's X-Rated Fruit!

Eggplants, I assume.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 18, 1930)

Peanuts (November 14, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's like saying Bloody Mary into a mirror, isn't it...

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 17-18, 1930)

Thimble Theater (June 6, 1931)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

there isn't an :allears: big enough to accurately capture how I feel about ballard street

I just realised there's a facebook page for it. Seems like it's run by the guy himself.

I often wondered what Jerry Van Amerongen was like. And more importantly, does he understand just how uniquely funny his one-panel comics are?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Isn't Crankshaft set in the 80s or early 90s? Malls were doing fine until 2005-ish.

Also, bar trivia question last night was about Goons in Popeye. Thanks for posting those comics.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Crankshaft is taking place present-day and ten years before the events in present-day Funky. Because gently caress continuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Winsor McCay Comic Strip(click for huge)

And He Did. (April, 1917)

I was doxxed in 1917.

Outbursts of Everett True (May, 1917)

Doings of the Duffs. (January, 1919, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (January, 1936, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (January, 1941, click for big)

Dick Tracy (April, 1941, click for big)

Mopsy (June, 1941)

Archie (June, 1956, click for big)

Marmaduke (August, 1959)

Mr. Tweedy (October 1970, click for big)

Feiffer (1976, click for big)

Andy Capp (March, 1972, click for big)

Wee Pals (May, 1972, click for big)

• Locked thread