Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

paul_soccer10 posted:

I'm late but I just saw some Klingon titties

Now she's late, you're gonna be a dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

vortmax posted:

I decided to start rewatching DS9 today, I guess because I wanted to watch good Trek. Right from the start of The Emissary it's clear this will be very different from TNG. It's a far better pilot than Encounter at Farpoint (though that successfully set the tone for TNG). And it's beautiful watching The Sisko chew the scenery from the beginning too.

Star Trek's producers had 4 or 5 seasons to get their poo poo together by the time DS9 came around. The first two seasons of TNG were rough.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

season 1 and 2 of tng had some issues but really the thing that caps it all off is that horrible season 2 finale that was just a flashback episode, a RIKER flashback episode

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mulaney Power Move posted:

season 1 and 2 of tng had some issues but really the thing that caps it all off is that horrible season 2 finale that was just a flashback episode, a RIKER flashback episode

If you think that's bad, you should see what Voyager's first-season finale was. Hell, I'm amazed it even got a second season given how utterly tepid the first season is. Not that the rest of the show's any better, but relatively speaking.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I think the riker flashback was due to a writers strike iirc

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

shadow puppet of a posted:

Groppler Zorn is a treasure. You fuckin' remedy that now. Right now.

I got to meet Michael Bell at a Transformers convention when I was in high school because he did the voices for a bunch of characters. I didn't realize he had been on Star Trek like three times until I got to shake his hand :3

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Those Klingon titties were ok as far as titties go but why don't any of the aliens ever have titties on their backs or something like I mean like the new Klingons look like they evolved from like spiders or crabs or rocks or something that keeps its babies on their backs where you'd think the titties would go plus Klingon dudes have their wieners halfway up their bellies like spiders

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I actually don't know where spiders keep their junk but I'm starting to think it's one of those things where the chick does all her stuff and then the dude squirts his stuff all over it like my sister and her husband

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Or Doug Jones character race they look like they'd back back babies the first episode I swore it said Doug Benson and I was like what is going on with cgi

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Like even straight dudes have to wonder if his junk is all weird and stretched out like saltwater taffy

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Yandat posted:

it's fun in that it's distilled insane roddenberry

I'm convinced he wrote the end while on acid or something.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I hear of you distill and ferment roddenberrys, you can make a fine '67 Chateau LeCreep.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

criscodisco posted:

Those Klingon titties were ok as far as titties go but why don't any of the aliens ever have titties on their backs or something like I mean like the new Klingons look like they evolved from like spiders or crabs or rocks or something that keeps its babies on their backs where you'd think the titties would go plus Klingon dudes have their wieners halfway up their bellies like spiders

worf de-evolved into some kind of spider in that one episode whereas riker became a man in an ape suit, so that this is accurate

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Incorrect. Barclay was the spider, and Worf was an armadillo-rhino thing.

Troi, IIRC, turned into a merfolk.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

scene of riker from tng season 7 episode "genesis" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a9EOt6k52U

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Of all the fields of science Trek has criminally mishandled, genetics is perhaps their greatest sin.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the scene where worf melts off crusher's face with acid will never stop being funny

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the scene where worf melts off crusher's face with acid will never stop being funny
I love that they just offhand mention that she got plastic surgery and is fine after she violently collapsed on the ground and had to be put into stasis

I just finished TNG for the first time and watched the first ep of DS9. Sisko's excited-noises are my favorite thing about the show so far.

How many holodeck stories are in this series compared to TNG?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I love that they just offhand mention that she got plastic surgery and is fine after she violently collapsed on the ground and had to be put into stasis

I just finished TNG for the first time and watched the first ep of DS9. Sisko's excited-noises are my favorite thing about the show so far.

How many holodeck stories are in this series compared to TNG?

There's like none until season 4

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There's like none until season 4
Thank god

There was that one scene with Jake fishing and I got real scared.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The tech exists, they go in there sometimes, even in episode 2, but there's no episodes centered around it.

naem
May 29, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Now she's late, you're gonna be a dad

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

The holodeck does get featured a bit more towards the end of the series, but it's handled way better than in TNG.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

DS9 acknowledges that the holosuites are mostly for masturbation, and the few holo episodes are pretty good, at least until they start padding out episodes with Vic Fontaine’s god forsaken lounge act.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The one where they play baseball against the crew of Spocks was good.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The one where they play baseball against the crew of Spocks was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYVSkOh3ZBM

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

popewiles posted:

The holodeck does get featured a bit more towards the end of the series, but it's handled way better than in TNG.
The only time I thought the holodeck was cool/useful in TNG was when Geordi used it to restage the scene of a video in that episode where he turns into a chameleon person but then like an episode later he's back on there getting weird with holodeck ladies

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm sorry but in the TNG timeline the infamous coco-no-no scene was far more important to affording a greater understanding of the greater Trek universe than that chameleon crap.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It's unrealistic to me that the holodeck isn't constantly occupied by people doing weird sex stuff in there

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Fartbox posted:

It's unrealistic to me that the holodeck isn't constantly occupied by people doing weird sex stuff in there

DS9 implies that is the primary use of holodecks.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Clark Nova posted:

DS9 acknowledges that the holosuites are mostly for masturbation, and the few holo episodes are pretty good, at least until they start padding out episodes with Vic Fontaine’s god forsaken lounge act.

Come to think of it, that was one of my favourite running jokes in the show. Almost any time someone mentioned holosuites quark would chime in about some offer on a new handjob program or whatever.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The crew has learned to build in the holographic version of a "boss screen" so if Picard barges in it teleports linen breeches onto you and puts you in the middle of a Shakespeare or something.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The crew has learned to build in the holographic version of a "boss screen" so if Picard barges in it teleports linen breeches onto you and puts you in the middle of a Shakespeare or something.
Which is why Picard watches all holodeck activity from his fixed terminal.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

Which is why Picard watches all holodeck activity from his fixed terminal.

"Very good, Number One. Very good."

wit
Jul 26, 2011

popewiles posted:

Riker's program is just chairs with dildos on them.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

popewiles posted:

"Come!"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

criscodisco posted:

there was that one alien who had nards on his knees

THS
Sep 15, 2017

vic fontaine is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yandat posted:

vic fontaine is good

I like the one where they come up with a flimsy reason why they gotta do an Oceans-style heist to save his program from getting deleted or something.