Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Godless is the one where all the men die in a mine collapse, right? What's Damnation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Snak posted:

Godless is the one where all the men die in a mine collapse, right? What's Damnation?

It is the one they keep showing during Mr. Robot (well when they have commercials)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7yW7h0YkPI

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
...why did I just see an ad for a new season of Mythbusters?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Christopher Tolkien resigned as director of the family estate today.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I guess that means the Silmarillion rights are fair game now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Snak posted:

...why did I just see an ad for a new season of Mythbusters?

Because apparently their "Search" for new, cheaper hosts paid off.

Pictured: The New Mythbusters Team

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'll probably watch, it because I hate myself.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

zoux posted:

Well I would too after that Amazon announcement.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo episode 7 of Future Man.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JethroMcB posted:

That reminds me I liked watching the Man Show when I was 17, and it was Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Corolla, I disliked it when I was 19 and it was Joe Rogan and some other guy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

That reminds me I liked watching the Man Show when I was 17, and it was Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Corolla, I disliked it when I was 19 and it was Joe Rogan and some other guy.
It was more fun and less mean-spirited with Kimmel and Corolla. Not a great show, but I also remember the change.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally watching the Nathan For You finale and holy fuckin poo poo this is something else

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

Good, maybe Amazon can film the Silmarillion.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You're the Worst got renewed for a fifth and final season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nate fisher posted:

Anyone take a dip on Damnation yet? I really like Logan Marshall-Green (he was great in Quarry) and I love pulpy stuff, but the reviews seem to be all over the place. I did see the first episode was called the Emperor of Ice-Cream. I wonder if that is a tribute to the Wallace Steven's poem (I did my American Lit final paper on it) or to Stephen King (the poem is mentioned in Salem's Lot).

I watched the first episode and it was put together really well but I'm not sure the premise has legs. I don't know if it was just for the pilot but it definitely made a case for USA being all in on "gently caress" as they say it a lot in one scene. As for the title, there's a scene where a couple of characters are talking about the Wallace Steven poem.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Josh Lyman posted:

Good, maybe Amazon can film the Silmarillion.

Hopefully we can get a LOTR cinematic universe and from now on it's just yearly Marvel, Star Wars, LOTR, extended universe fanfiction movies until we all die from drinking Gimili and Captain America's crossover soda out of BB8's head that had mercury in it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DavidUberti/status/930849678555602944

Now that I know he was making money off that poo poo....

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The fact anyone ever bought into his social media poo poo is mind boggling. He was essentially the prototype for celebrities selling their names off to companies, sharing stories with basic comments in exchange for cash.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL_qpDkF5A8

Weird seeing Penelope Cruz on tv

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

The fact anyone ever bought into his social media poo poo is mind boggling. He was essentially the prototype for celebrities selling their names off to companies, sharing stories with basic comments in exchange for cash.

Well he actually paid his contributors which puts him ahead of most content-sharing accounts on social media that just steal poo poo and slap a watermark and some emojis on it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I had forgotten The Man Show was a thing that existed, and now I can't get the "beer chugging chant" out of my head. What a strange cultural artifact that was.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

I had forgotten The Man Show was a thing that existed, and now I can't get the "beer chugging chant" out of my head. What a strange cultural artifact that was.

ZIGGY ZAKI ZIGGY ZAKI HOY HOY HOY!

I knew the show was poo poo even back then, but yeah I remember it too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I remember watching it when I was like 11, because I'd watch anything on Comedy Central. I remember the Kimmel/Carrolla seasons being dumb but just sort of "this is stupid, let's have fun," and the Stanhope/whoever else season being way more mean-spirited. But it's been forever, because why would anyone revisit that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I want to say the original version was way more self parody where the latter was just kind of unironic embracing. But I have no idea and it's just as likely that the show started when I was young and dumb enough to enjoy that stuff and by the end I had grown up past it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know I watched the show when I was younger but literally the only thing I remember from it was the 3/4 rear end underwear bit where they found out exactly how much of the women's asses they were allowed to show.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think also a bikini trampoline segment

I'm really liking Future Man so far (ep 2), really funny.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 16, 2017

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

I'm really liking Future Man so far (ep 2), really funny.

Finished it. It's fab. Easily makes my top ten of the year.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

IRQ posted:

ZIGGY ZAKI ZIGGY ZAKI HOY HOY HOY!

I knew the show was poo poo even back then, but yeah I remember it too.

I stopped watching the man show when the piano player who could chug a pitcher of beer died. He was the best part of the show. Jimmy Kimmel also did his first "fool the man on the street" bit by asking people to repeal the nineteenth amendment.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, he held a stop women's suffrage movement in the first episode and had crowds chanting and like one person realizing what suffrage meant.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I was always confused when they would do a drinking song because I wondered whether everyone knew them except me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

JethroMcB posted:

I don't think it was as much about them wanting cheaper hosts as it was that Adam and Jamie hated each other and still refuse to work together.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Difficult People has been canceled by Hulu. I hope this means Julie gets to make more episodes of "How Was Your Week?" Go watch it, guys, it's really funny even if some of its references are esoteric.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ANNJakeH/status/931023009384620032

Mr Robot is still intense as gently caress, btw

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, and now everyone who is anyone does it, and it is probably currently one of the most effective forms of advertising (because people believe everything posted online. If they can lynch people because of online poo poo, they can buy some Nikes too) and nearly unregulated. Ahead of the tech curve at his age is quite a feat.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Future Man is the best show of the year, FACT.

I'm crying with laughter.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"...he also kidnapped anyone I asked him to and didn't ask questions. Not one."

holy poo poo Future Man is so good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don't think it was as much about them wanting cheaper hosts as it was that Adam and Jamie hated each other and still refuse to work together.

Good point, that probably played a role in it. I was thinking more about how they unceremoniously cut the build team loose in the antepenultimate season.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just popping in to say thanks again for people recommending me to stick with Gotham. From halfway through S2: By-The-Books Vic Mackey :allears:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FactsAreUseless posted:

I remember watching it when I was like 11, because I'd watch anything on Comedy Central. I remember the Kimmel/Carrolla seasons being dumb but just sort of "this is stupid, let's have fun," and the Stanhope/whoever else season being way more mean-spirited. But it's been forever, because why would anyone revisit that.

Yeah, basically, I think it was on before South Park or something else I liked on CC. But yeah, that sounds about right, although the bit where they cut in line for Star Wars Episode I tickets pissed off all the nerds in line, might have been the most mean that the Kimmel/Carrolla seasons got.

bring back old gbs posted:

i think also a bikini trampoline segment

Girls jumping on trampolines was always played during the end credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

Just popping in to say thanks again for people recommending me to stick with Gotham. From halfway through S2: By-The-Books Vic Mackey :allears:

I love that the character's basically one giant injoke.

• Locked thread