Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Crystal Tower looks like it'd be really hard to do with several different teams... What does Dr. Mog do as a RW, again? And just how much good character synergy would you really need to have a reasonable chance at winning this thing? Motes are motes after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

bilperkins2 posted:

Crystal Tower banner is no good, right? I'm itching to pull.

The XV Crystal Tower banner might be ok in the same way the XV renewal banner was, but it's not up yet.

Fighting the urge to pull myself. Up to 924 mythril after renewal plus 1/2 price story dungeons.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

bilperkins2 posted:

Crystal Tower banner is no good, right? I'm itching to pull.

It's a large pool of SSB+. I am not going to touch it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Alxprit posted:

Crystal Tower looks like it'd be really hard to do with several different teams... What does Dr. Mog do as a RW, again? And just how much good character synergy would you really need to have a reasonable chance at winning this thing? Motes are motes after all.

The RW is wall.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mithross posted:

The RW is wall.

Can you use it in all four fights at least?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

BGrifter posted:

The XV Crystal Tower banner might be ok in the same way the XV renewal banner was, but it's not up yet.

Fighting the urge to pull myself. Up to 924 mythril after renewal plus 1/2 price story dungeons.

As someone with a healthy horde of mythril in my time, I should point out that every time you pull on a specific banner, the odds of getting a dupe increases, and therefore the overall quality of the banner decreases. So spending 500 on one banner is, on average, gonna be worse than spending 100 on 5. Keep that in mind when considering when to spend.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I mean I guess the FXV CT banner is okay, but at this point, it's one more week to Tidus and two to Ramza, then around a month or so for OK.

Save up friends

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Oh. That'll do, dollar pull. That'll do.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Prism posted:

Can you use it in all four fights at least?

If this works like the last crystal tower, everything resets between fights except heroes. You should be able to use two RW charges and all the same abilities and gear in all the fights, just not the same people.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Shout falling off right as Adel shifted into Drain Rinoa phase was mildly unfortunate.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Gotta love only having Wall available as RW for Apocalypse Squall, where he ignores DEF/RES with everything!

Was a pretty fun event still though, even if I had to bring in Gordon for Adel and spec him as a second healer, just one with a convenient ATK/MAG breakdown unique that wouldn't kill the crap out of Rinoa.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

The missions for CT have awful wording.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Today I learned that double casts will retarget to Rinoa if she is at a lower % than Adel.

Goddamnit Edge

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Mithross posted:

Today I learned that double casts will retarget to Rinoa if she is at a lower % than Adel.

Goddamnit Edge

You haven't really done that fight if you haven't accidentally nuked Rinoa from orbit with an Omega Drive or a Meltdown.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

How does Spellblade Master record materia combine with doublecast legend materia? Each rolls independantly for triple-cast chance?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
All doublecast materias roll separately. It's good times doing 80k damage with Snowspell Strike even without Cloud USB. On Bartz, I think it can even do more than that (triple cast LMR, double cast LMR, double cast RM, for tiny chance at quintuple cast), but haven't procced them all at once yet.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Welp, for some reason my phone no longer thinks FFRK should access a Game Center account. Support didn't have a good answer. Farewell, game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
got Ingus's earth chain for a dollar. well ok then

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

That Adel fight was a bitch. I had to reset the tower and do it first, and even then I had to fiddle around a good build because holy poo poo. It was harder than most torments are for me.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Mithross posted:

That Adel fight was a bitch. I had to reset the tower and do it first, and even then I had to fiddle around a good build because holy poo poo. It was harder than most torments are for me.

That difficulty ??? is no joke. She should be about diff 250, so on par with non-jumpstart Torments.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm thinking of cleaning up my followers list and changing up my RW. I've had it set to Strago's Mighty Guard VI (Proshellga + 100% RES) for quite a long time now but I wonder if I have something around that'll be more useful to more people these days. Any thoughts?

Here's some of my notables:

Sephiroth USB
Edea USB
Zidane USB
Minfilia USB
Tyro USB

Krile's Sheepsong
Papalymo's Ley Lines
Edward's Soulsong

Eiko BSB (Crit Chance)
Ramza's Chant (Crit Damage)

Aria BSB (BarFire)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I use LeyLines natively all the time. It's so swell.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Why the hell does all the ninja stuff require ice too? Wouldn't Smoldering Fire hit harder if you didn't douse it with ice?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Ninjas are ice cold killers.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Ice and dark are the busiest orbs lately

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Dollar pulled CoD USB...on both banners....what the hell....haha

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Randabis posted:

Dollar pulled CoD USB...on both banners....what the hell....haha

I also dollar pulled CoD USB...

...immediately after dollar pulling Exdeath USB :smuggo:

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I dollar pulled a silver orb, followed by dollar pulling Ingus' SSB! Not quite as cool as all of these USBs, but at least it is a +earth sword!

Crystal tower has been cleared, though I had to go back to get mastery on Rinoa... I definitely underestimated her.

Also my best speed on the Shinra's Finest 100 was 14.72 seconds, thanks to a lot of doublecasts, no ATB manipulation.

Oryp fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 15, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

+Earth gear is pretty rare, so that sword is an extremely good pull even if the SSB is mostly outdated and you never use it.

Meanwhile I got two dollar pulls of junk and then single pulled Reno's LMR with no other relics for him. :argh:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

I have Refia's USB, BSB, and thrown SSB.

What's a good way to optimize her usage? Does his crit damage bonus from USB/BSB stack? I'm not seeing much reason to use her USB instead of BSB.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

+Earth gear is pretty rare, so that sword is an extremely good pull even if the SSB is mostly outdated and you never use it.

Meanwhile I got two dollar pulls of junk and then single pulled Reno's LMR with no other relics for him. :argh:

Yeah, I was pretty happy with that sword, will pair nicely with Dorgann or Bartz. :D

If it makes you feel any better, this is the first decent dollar pull I've had in ages.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm thinking of cleaning up my followers list and changing up my RW. I've had it set to Strago's Mighty Guard VI (Proshellga + 100% RES) for quite a long time now but I wonder if I have something around that'll be more useful to more people these days. Any thoughts?

Here's some of my notables:

Sephiroth USB
Edea USB
Zidane USB
Minfilia USB
Tyro USB

Krile's Sheepsong
Papalymo's Ley Lines
Edward's Soulsong

Eiko BSB (Crit Chance)
Ramza's Chant (Crit Damage)

Aria BSB (BarFire)

Probably Minfilia USB. It's nice to have extra atk/mag/[x] buffs that stack with the ubiquitous Atk/Mag buff, and the hastega means people aren't forced to bring Onion Knight or Rikku USB for the atk/mag buff.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Pander posted:

I have Refia's USB, BSB, and thrown SSB.

What's a good way to optimize her usage? Does his crit damage bonus from USB/BSB stack? I'm not seeing much reason to use her USB instead of BSB.

I don't know about how to best use her, but they do stack; the bsb gives crit-fix which fixes her chance to crit at 50% while the USB increases the damage of crits by 50%.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

Probably Minfilia USB. It's nice to have extra atk/mag/[x] buffs that stack with the ubiquitous Atk/Mag buff, and the hastega means people aren't forced to bring Onion Knight or Rikku USB for the atk/mag buff.

Out of the options, I'd be inclined to agree. All of the stuff you're offering is nice to have, but only Minfilia's USB would see any use in my RW slot.

The longer form is that people really want buff coverage for harder fights (A+, JS) and fast damage for stuff they otherwise autobattle through. OSBs are good for quick-clears of Difficulty 99 and lower event bosses, Shadow BSB (or Elena BSB) are good for dailies, for high-end stuff you'd generally want something like Minfilia/Ramza/Rikku USB, Wall, or Cloud USB.

Instant-cast medicas also have a niche for the higher end, but you hadn't listed any there.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I wasn’t planning on doing dollar pulls until I saw the dollar pulls you fine folks were getting

III - Ingus’ Break Blade. A dupe, but it could help a little bit against Hydra

I got greedy and pulled on the dissidia bad guys banner and got a 3* fart hammer.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

saltylopez posted:

I don't know about how to best use her, but they do stack; the bsb gives crit-fix which fixes her chance to crit at 50% while the USB increases the damage of crits by 50%.

Not the crit-fit, the crit damage bonus.

her BSB Command 1 gives a 100% bonus to crit hits instead of the normal 50%. I was wondering if the "critical damage +50%" from the USB stacks with that CMD1 bonus.

they both give enfire, so that's kinda redundant. I guess the 'most efficient' way to do it is to USB then quick-cast the BSB and have all the BSB command usages cause quick cycles.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Pander posted:

Not the crit-fit, the crit damage bonus.

her BSB Command 1 gives a 100% bonus to crit hits instead of the normal 50%. I was wondering if the "critical damage +50%" from the USB stacks with that CMD1 bonus.

As I understand it, yes, they do. Built in benefits to commands stack with buffs AFAIK.

If the ability had an innately raised crit rate it would also stack with a 50% critfix, this just isn't very common.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

Out of the options, I'd be inclined to agree. All of the stuff you're offering is nice to have, but only Minfilia's USB would see any use in my RW slot.

The longer form is that people really want buff coverage for harder fights (A+, JS) and fast damage for stuff they otherwise autobattle through. OSBs are good for quick-clears of Difficulty 99 and lower event bosses, Shadow BSB (or Elena BSB) are good for dailies, for high-end stuff you'd generally want something like Minfilia/Ramza/Rikku USB, Wall, or Cloud USB.

Instant-cast medicas also have a niche for the higher end, but you hadn't listed any there.

I do have Minwu's Instant Medica SSB, but between that or Minfilia USB I'll probably go with the latter as more globally useful to people. So on that end...

Minfilia USB: uPbF

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
CT was fun. Here's my teams if someone cares.

First stop, Adel. I threw my heavy hitters here with Celes to see if you could runic something (you couldn't runic anything) and to save better characters for later.
Lightning USB/OSB+LD (absurd dps)
TGCid OSB (great dps)
Celes SSB (team mascot, no actual use. carried shellga I guess)
Ramza SSB1/USB+LD (absurd support, shout/usb alternate)
Ysh BSB+LD (absurd healing)

Then Squall who I figured would be the next hardest.
Kuja BSB (great dps, synergy)
Golbez BSB (great dps, synergy)
Raines BSB/OSB+LD (god-king raines)
OK BSB/OSB (:okv:)
Relm BSB (guts)

Adamantoise
Vaan BSB+LD (great dps/breaks)
Agrias BSB+LD (great dps, imperil for Firion's gauge gain)
Firion BSB (mblink spam)
Iris BSB (astra, synergy)
Rikku USB (usb and breaks)

And finally the easiest one, Scylla. Featuring leftovers.
Luneth BSB (scylla is still weak to interrups from luneth bsb, synergy)
Dingus BSB (idk, synergy, can carry shellga?)
Zidane USB+BSB2 (good dps)
Tyro USB2 (least bad fourth hastega)
Larsa BSB (astra, good healer)

Why Dingus is there instead of Fujin is an unexplainable thing. Who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Anyone have a sub-60 team for the Shinra gauntlet? I think I might be stupid enough to farm dark orbs from it :suicide:

• Locked thread