Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The only notable primals I got are firebird gloves, the shadow dagger (it came with RCR, I think Kulle was trolling me) and the grenade belt which is absolutely perfect aside the fact that it's primal :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I've had no primals over a few hundred paragon levels since beating GR70.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have literally never equipped a primal, because all 15 or so Primal that I've gotten have either been blackthorn's, or vanilla legendaries, or truly heinous rolls on jewelry

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Kadala is the true Prime Evil, I'm convinced. She should be a boss fight, not a merchant.

Nah, just re-color the necro's ice golem to red and then call it Kadala's Blood Shard Golem.

The golem starts at low base stats, but gets an increase of 0.001% or something like that for every blood shard given to Kadala by anyone on the server, but resets at the start of each new season.

You can challenge it at any time, with the reward being a bunch of shards based on its current level. But eventually it would probably become impossible to kill.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

bio347 posted:

Man, the Seeker of the Light set gameplay is dire. Particularly with suboptimal gear.

I can't keep Falling Sword off cooldown enough because its landing strike obliterates half of what it hits... but I can't bump up the difficulty because I get smooshed without perma-Akarat. And FS still costing wrath to use in a set where it's entirely possible to run out is unforgivable. The refund bracers are incredibly troublesome because you can drain a full wrath globe on a boss before the hammers start despawning (again, no perma-Akarat) which means you lose your defenses because you need hammer hits for cooldown and the actual wrath to spend. And to top it off, hammers have no visual impact and their hitbox is frustrating.
I managed to scrape together a Roland set last night and it was really nice to play a build that didn't just get squished instantly if you caught a pack at the wrong time.

Granted, in the hour or so I played Roland, I got a second Unity, the second piece of Endless Walk (I was using F/R before that, which was interesting), an ORotZ to cube, and a Johanna's Argument that wasn't almost the worst possible roll, so maybe I could go back to the hammer build and be a little stouter, but I sort of don't want to anymore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have a question. I got the IK 6p which raises damage by 1500% when the two buffs are active .

My sheet was 600,000 with no buffs . I put on both buffs and sheet Dps says only 800,000. That does not appear to be a 1500% improvement .

What am I missing .

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

euphronius posted:

I have a question. I got the IK 6p which raises damage by 1500% when the two buffs are active .

My sheet was 600,000 with no buffs . I put on both buffs and sheet Dps says only 800,000. That does not appear to be a 1500% improvement .

What am I missing .

Set bonuses don't show up on your character sheet. The sheet is only useful for comparing performance between two of the same set.

So if you have IK and want to see if gloves with 10 crit 40 chd is better or 9 crit 50 chd is better the sheet damage will tell you that. But it won't tell you if your Raekkor set is doing more damage than your IK set.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
If you treat seeker of the light rifting like a really bad bullet hell game it's a lot more tolerable!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh I must have hit something to get it up to 800k then .

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

euphronius posted:

Oh I must have hit something to get it up to 800k then .

It'll show the buff from the SKILL Wrath of the Berseker, but it won't show the SET BONUS buff of 1,500%

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
WotB probably.

E:fb

mewse
May 2, 2006

Did GR55 with sunwuko set and didn't get credit for the years of war conquest, seems like it's bugged for monk/sunwuko and barb/might of the earth

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Is it possible to upgrade a rare two handed sword using the cube to get a Blade of Prophecy? 70 upgrades and nothing so far.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

mewse posted:

Did GR55 with sunwuko set and didn't get credit for the years of war conquest, seems like it's bugged for monk/sunwuko and barb/might of the earth

Glad to see it's not just me, I ran into this last night. I think it also affects the "clear GR 15/20/etc using 1/2/3 class sets" achievements, but that's not season-specific

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
So I just got to play the new season yesterday night with some buds. I decided to play another necro.

I'd forgotten what life was like without all my skill toys. I have to command skeletons more than once per rift like I'm some kind of loving peasant!

vosk
Jul 28, 2005

THE PRODIGOON SON
Am I missing something about the challenge rift, or are hexing pants just a 20% damage reduction for crusader? You can't cast blessed shield while moving, so you always eat the penalty?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

vosk posted:

Am I missing something about the challenge rift, or are hexing pants just a 20% damage reduction for crusader? You can't cast blessed shield while moving, so you always eat the penalty?

Yep! Not like it matters though. It's stupid easy even solo. Just horsey ride looking for elites and spam the shield button.

Don't over complicate it.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

That is hilarious, though. Just some guy like "hexing pants, that sounds neat" and not caring what they do.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I think its missing passive skills too.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Instead of having to play retarded builds, I'd really like a shot at a #1 leaderboard miracle rift and see if I can do better.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
We make them play characters built wrong, as a joke.

ThunderBone
Aug 29, 2006

:science::science::science:
nut :vince:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
How many virgins do I have to sacrifice to get Dawn to show up instead of literally every single other hand crossbow in the entire game :shepface:

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Extremely sick, wish that were me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
paragon 638 and not a single Ramadingdong Gift

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Maker Of Shoes posted:

paragon 638 and not a single Ramadingdong Gift

paragon 587 and 8 gifts

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

boneration posted:

paragon 587 and 8 gifts

:negative:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Captain Oblivious posted:

How many virgins do I have to sacrifice to get Dawn to show up instead of literally every single other hand crossbow in the entire game :shepface:
Apparently a lot, because every DH weapon is now equally weighted.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
578 and 1 gift plus two gifted from a group mate who I always play with who has had way too many drop.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Paragons are not all created equal, remember. If you do a bunch of group rifts at higher levels you're obviously going to have a lot less play time/drops potentially vs. somebody else who mostly rifts or does solo GRs. That said, I'm P670ish and I've found at least 6-10 of them and given away quite a few.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
Since the RNG refuses to give up a second Unity or a single Lion fist, what should I switch to from Uli for variety? The "top tier" wave of light looks interesting, or run support for a while? I think the only thing I'm missing is illusory boots.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

JohnnySavs posted:

Since the RNG refuses to give up a second Unity or a single Lion fist, what should I switch to from Uli for variety? The "top tier" wave of light looks interesting, or run support for a while? I think the only thing I'm missing is illusory boots.

Bells is super super squishy. I tried it and I one shot stuff at GR85 but die if anything looks at me funny.

mewse
May 2, 2006

JohnnySavs posted:

If you can get a RROG you can run lefebvre shoulders + spirit guards both for approx the same amount of dmg reduction as double unity

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Larrymer posted:

Paragons are not all created equal, remember. If you do a bunch of group rifts at higher levels you're obviously going to have a lot less play time/drops potentially vs. somebody else who mostly rifts or does solo GRs.

Yeah this is the case, all my 600 (now) paragons are solo.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

mewse posted:

If you can get a RROG you can run lefebvre shoulders + spirit guards both for approx the same amount of dmg reduction as double unity

I’m only at gr40 with not great gear and I basically have to run rrog and both of those just to survive long enough to pop ep and sss.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I’m only at gr40 with not great gear and I basically have to run rrog and both of those just to survive long enough to pop ep and sss.

At GR 40 run a rune that's not cold for exploding palm. The dot will kill stuff for you, no SSS needed.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I never get, say, 3 gifts in a season, it’s always either one/none or nine.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does Battle Rage bloodshed pulse just once after a crit?

Or is it an aura ? How long back is the crit memory ?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Do you have the endless walk set? And diamonds in your gear, harmony passive, you should be tough enough for 40 easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm playing monk this season and at GR40 you should just kill stuff before they kill you. Dash in, punch until palm is applied and gently caress off to the next pack. You'll have a toughness problem until you get to GR 70+ because the main way you get toughness (landing SSS) doesn't work because stuff dies too fast.