Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Also there's a bit of a UI issue when Kael'thas and Alexstrasza are on the enemy team. I expect her flame icon will be toned down for non-Alex players (like the Stukov thing), I really don't think I care which of my teammates have flame applied enough to make the indication that pronounced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
So with Dva on free week, what builds do people like for her?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The only Diablo character I really want is Rakanishu. Just make him play like Kennen from League of Legends, except 17x as much gently caress off lightning bolts flying out of him.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

No Wave posted:

Blademaster is one of the coolest W3 units and is known as the best hero in the game (one of the randomly generated Blademaster names was Samuro)... unfortunately I don't think they really nailed his model/sounds in HotS though I actually think his ability design in general is neat.

I'm more interested in really well designed/memorable character models (like Brightwing or the naga sea witch) making it in than lore important characters. Tyrael is important to the D2/D3 plot, and his model is amazing, so ofc he made it in early. Lazarus, Andariel, Mephisto, Mengsk, who cares (imo).

Blizzard is really loves Samuro for some reason. He was one of the characters in Blizzard DotA (as a combination Dark Templar/Blademaster, which looked pretty rad).

DisgracelandUSA posted:

What about snotspill, garbhad the weak, lachdanan, the black fungus, the Cow King, the unendorsed monk from Diablo 1 expansion and all the other richly defined characters in the incredibly deep Diablo World?

Don't even pretend that random Overwatch dickhead #12 is that much more fleshed out than random Starcraft unit #36.

Erdricks posted:

So with Dva on free week, what builds do people like for her?

1: Hit the Nitrous 99% of the time, Rush Down if you're on Raven Court, Pro Moves if the other team has a Tracer.
4: Bring It On if you have a healer, Fusion Generator if you don't.
7: Coming Through on maps with capture zones (like Braxis Holdout's beacons), Dazer Zone otherwise
10: Big Shot.
13: Ablative Armor against Tracer, Sylvanas, etc. Expensive Plating otherwise.
16: GG, WP.
20: MEKAFall.

Her damage relative to everyone else is pitiful until the late game, when it actually becomes pretty respectable. Self-Destruct takes forever to charge if you don't have a healer, so save it for objectives if you don't. Otherwise you can fling it at forts and the like. Don't bother using Defensive Matrix when you're dueling people unless they have a big burst spell or you have Fusion Generator and they're Tracer or someone similar.

When you're out of your mek, your basic attacks are merely ok for damage without GG WP, but your ult has decent range and damage. Don't enter your mech right away unless an objective is coming up and you want to build up self-destruct before it starts. You've got better map mobility with a mount, you're better at laning, and you're a more attractive target on foot. Try to call your next mech down when you're around 50% or so, unless the other team has stuns saved for you. If that's the case you're probably doing your job anyways, though, since they aren't being used on more important people.

Your mech has really low HP for a tank, and it still gives half a kill of EXP, so try not to die too many times with it.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 15, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Cuntellectual posted:

Don't even pretend that random Overwatch dickhead #12 is that much more fleshed out than random Starcraft unit #36.

We get it, you hate Overwatch.

Stop making stupid statements like this since it just discredits your stance as identifying you as an idiot who can't tell the difference between a randomly generated enemy and an actual playable character.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Still hanging out for the Zerglings hero

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Some people just aren't that wowed by Overwatch design man. Preferring Rakanishu or a Firebat to Doomfist isn't just valid, it's good taste.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I haven't played since a few weeks after 2.0 launched. I decided to jump back in recently, and thought I'd check out the new additions to the roster. I ended up unlocking Stukov after looking at his skills.

Did I gently caress up?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah but only because he's probably going on sale in the next two weeks.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Sdoots posted:

I haven't played since a few weeks after 2.0 launched. I decided to jump back in recently, and thought I'd check out the new additions to the roster. I ended up unlocking Stukov after looking at his skills.

Did I gently caress up?

From what I can tell, a fair amount of people poo poo on him, but I just came back to the game 3 or so weeks ago and I love him to death. I am at a low level, however. Still, I think the lurking arm build is a trap. I love the talent where if you bio kill switch a single pustule it resets bio kill switch. My basic rotation is to Q to spread, then W, then D. I basically save E for an interrupt and use massive push to knock people out of fights.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't know who I want to see in the game now. I got both Garrosh and Junkrat who were the two I wanted the most.

The only other one I'd love to see I think will NEVER happen is Mimiron. 4 players, one hero. I'd love to see them make that work somehow

edit: Oh yeah I guess Velen. I don't really play supports at all so I would probably not use him but the game needs a Draenei and I hope they don't waste the priest class on loving Anduin

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I actually prefer bunny hop for Dva’s ult, it puts out decent damage and can really disrupt the enemy team. Then you pick the Mek talent at 20.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Only 90s kids will remember this major villain from one of the best selling expansion packs of all time so instead Blizzard decides to add memorable Diablo 3 character Auriel to HotS even though she is only ever seen one time in a story mode no one plays anymore.

Please look forward to Imperius and Deckard Cain in 2018. One is an angel whose only role is to look cool in CGI cutscenes (gold wings!) and the other is an old man with no combat ability who is killed halfway through Act 1 of Diablo 3 by a lovely midboss (but think of the announcer pack sales!).

No, I'm not annoyed by blizzard's character choices for HotS. Why do you ask?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sdoots posted:

Did I gently caress up?

Nah Stukov can put out sicknasty heals, he has an AOE silence, and he can make opponents gently caress right off across the entire map.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lei shen when

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SAMURO FACTS
  • Samuro was featured in a quest of the Rexxar Bonus Campaign in Warcraft III where you ran around an Alliance base, planted explosives, and then blew poo poo up with said explosives. The Rexxar Bonus Campaign was hugely popular with the Blizzard fanbase because it was all of the cool parts of Warcraft III (heroes) without the boring RTS parts.
  • The concept of Blademasters was created by Samwise Didier, who also happens to voice all Blademasters in Warcraft III (along with Samuro in Heroes of the Storm). Blademasters usually have something of a shoe-in with all Blizzard media because Didier has been with Blizzard since 1991 and more or less has the clout to do whatever he wants.
  • The Blademaster was the first hero built for Blizzard DOTA (which went on to become Blizzard Allstars (which went on to become Heroes of the Storm)) because the Blademaster was easily the most popular hero in Warcraft III.
  • In addition to being the most popular hero in Warcraft III, the Blademaster is also considered to be one of the most powerful Warcraft III heroes, if not THE most powerful. This is due to their kit granting multiple methods of scouting, a very reliable escape, an enormous amount of single-target damage, and an ultimate that deals absurd area of effect damage in addition to providing Spell Immunity.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Also people who still play wc3 competitively almost never use mirror image because it doesn't actually do anything. Wind walk is just filthily broken.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 15, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

Also people who still play wc3 competitively almost never use mirror image because it doesn't actually do anything. Wind walk is just filthily broken.

Pretty sure it lets you creep by tanking for you.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

SirSamVimes posted:

lei shen when

Now this is an idea I can get behind

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

lei shen when

gently caress yes

Bring back Jim Cummings to do his reveal video

his name
Lei Shen

DA TUNDA KING

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

bamhand posted:

Pretty sure it lets you creep by tanking for you.

Yeah, but it's inefficient. People skill wind walk to scout, jack creeps and harass, you can't afford the skill point nor the mana to use images. Just tank creeps with grunts or your hero, then use salves.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zoltan Kuul would be pretty cool (heh) with sand attacks and stuff, though Chromie already kinda does that. Mephisto or Baal or any of the other Evils would work too. Druid would be rad as well but I'm biased towards any kind of druid in any game.

Macaluso posted:

DA TUNDA KING

excuse me it's

DA TUNDA KEEEEENG

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Speaking of Chromie... how is there not a Chromie announcer? Her voice acting is so good and she's got a ton of personality it's surprising they haven't done one for her.

Although I guess they dragged their feet super hard on the Alarak announcer

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

But let's not get distracted here - what we really could use is Samir Duran.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q51B6M70QBs

WHEN

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
All I want is a zergling hero or mayhaps multiple zerglings

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

start with one zergling, every talent also gives you an additional zergling

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

whalestory posted:

All I want is a zergling hero or mayhaps multiple zerglings

That could be cool. Design it like TLV only all the zerglings stay bunched up in a group. You can send them off one by one for abilities, but risk them getting killed. Sort of like Olimar in smash.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Star posted:

I actually prefer bunny hop for Dva’s ult, it puts out decent damage and can really disrupt the enemy team. Then you pick the Mek talent at 20.

i like Torpedo dash a lot when I take big shot, it's super easy to bait people and helps let you survive to spam big shot to bring the mech back asap. my goal as dva is to be an irrepressible rear end in a top hat that never dies and constant harasses/blocks/debuffs the enemy.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Grubby has been playing some D.Va lately and it turns out that the Rushdown talent is now capable of letting D.Va be one of the fastest lane rotators around. He's been going for that, Fusion Generator, Dazer Zone, Big Shot, usually Ablative Armor since he's been going up against lots of DoT, Nanoweave Suit, and Mekafall.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kai Tave posted:

Grubby has been playing some D.Va lately and it turns out that the Rushdown talent is now capable of letting D.Va be one of the fastest lane rotators around. He's been going for that, Fusion Generator, Dazer Zone, Big Shot, usually Ablative Armor since he's been going up against lots of DoT, Nanoweave Suit, and Mekafall.

Interesting considering that grubby seems quite critical on his builds page of picking big shot.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Star posted:

Interesting considering that grubby seems quite critical on his builds page of picking big shot.

Here's a video he has of him playing D.Va recently-ish (Pachimari event), first pick on Cursed Hollow.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just in general Grubby hasn't updated many of his builds lately since he's been doing a lot of casting for HGC the past few months. He keeps saying on stream he needs to update them but hasn't had time to yet and he's changed his mind on a number of talents not to mention all the reworks that have come through recently.

Basically if the build date is anything from before like September/October I'd give it some thought before copying it blindly.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Filipino Freakout posted:

Just in general Grubby hasn't updated many of his builds lately since he's been doing a lot of casting for HGC the past few months. He keeps saying on stream he needs to update them but hasn't had time to yet and he's changed his mind on a number of talents not to mention all the reworks that have come through recently.

Basically if the build date is anything from before like September/October I'd give it some thought before copying it blindly.

Yeah I’ve started to follow them a lot less rigidly nowadays since I feel comfortable and experienced enough to somewhat adapt the build to the comp and map. Still like them as a rough guide however.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Enjoying Nexus Games Europe, but it's strange that the players themselves are rarely featured by name or picture. Anyone know why?

Further to this, the commentators say various countries are favored, but I have no idea why. I wish there was some context, like FIFA rankings or something.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 15, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

start with one zergling, every talent also gives you an additional zergling

Make the first one Sprick.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Instead of getting stats per level, you just get an additional Zergling per level.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Power Bottom posted:

Instead of getting stats per level, you just get an additional Zergling per level.

Somewhere Kael'Thas, Butcher, and Kel'Thuzad just got the weirdest boners and they don't know why.

Headhunter Zul'jin is in the corner weeping, however.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
I'd pay like 30 bucks for Treehead Woodfist. He'd be Extra Strong, Extra Fast and also super cool. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Mandatory reminder that the way Lei Shen was killed the first time was that someone fired the Halls of Origination specifically at him. The huge Titan facility that was built as "Push this button to reset the entire surface of Azeroth." I don't know if we know who actually did it, if he actually freaked out some of the Keepers that badly or something else, but I just love the concept.

I don't buy into the concept of "badass only because of power," but goddamn I'd love to see Lei Shen in HotS.

I still wish we had gotten Pangaea-Kalimdor as a time travel expansion instead of WoD. The Zandalari, the Mogu, Azshara and her Highborne, the bug races under the Old Gods... it could have been so good.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 16, 2017