Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

MAGA glue is impotent and cannot bind the pieces together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, 2 whole poeple work on pricly city ? That's even more depressing.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

beepsandboops posted:

It cracks me up how seemingly deliberately small the "Asians" segment is.

And of course Christians are the head.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Stantis is old, and also worse at drawing than Allie

It's not clear whether he actually has any input into the writing either, really; a lot of newspaper strips feature no work whatsoever done by the billion-year-old man whose name gets printed above them

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Hmm, how can we unite all these different races and religions? I know! We'll use "European and Christian culture"!
What better way to bridge the gap than to use good ol' white christian know-how!

https://twitter.com/TimJHanrahan/status/930481095988170757

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Faustian Bargain posted:

I am white and holy gently caress Garrison stop whitesplaining.

And you know, I may just be a simple country historian and all, but I seem to me that a fair number of the ca 600k died in the Civil War proooooobably didn't do so to end slavery.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
White people died once so racism is dead

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
“Union soldiers died for your freedom! :argh:” *slyly kicks Confederate flag behind desk*

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

frankenfreak posted:

Johnny Fiveaces has fallen on some hard times, having to job in a diner.

Sam, please. He's at a family restaurant.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

Increasingly our country is divided.... Accusations of sexual impropriety are widespread.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

So was it the arrows of war or the olive branch of war that's transmogrified into a fat stack of cash?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

quote:

Civility is being replaced by name calling

*Labels a picture SJW's

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Retro Republican... :suicide:

Don't they already exist?
I mean, isn't that what Log Cabin Republicans are supposed to be about? Or am I remembering wrong?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

the_steve posted:

I mean, isn't that what Log Cabin Republicans are supposed to be about? Or am I remembering wrong?

Nah the Log Cabin Republicans are the gay Republicans.

What he's referring to used to be called Rockefeller Republicans, more or less.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

the_steve posted:

Log Cabin Republicans are LGBT Republicans.

You might be thinking of RINOs (Republicans in Name Only), but that's not what Carmen's referring to. She's basically saying "why can't we all just go back to being like Ronald Reagan?" as if that's not something every single Republican says.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fathis Munk posted:

Don't ever look up how many are employed by Paws, Inc then.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Pakled posted:

Log Cabin Republicans are LGBT Republicans.

You might be thinking of RINOs (Republicans in Name Only), but that's not what Carmen's referring to. She's basically saying "why can't we all just go back to being like Ronald Reagan?" as if that's not something every single Republican says.

Yeah why cant we stop what we're doing and just go back to tricking people into believing trickle down economics..

..oh

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Garrison:

quote:

What is that culture? For most of our history it has been predominately European and Christian. For years we’ve had a huge influx of immigrants ‘of color’ who have a lot of children. White people will soon be a minority in the USA.

Loving hearing about glorious white culture from this paragon of genetic excellence:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

Allie has been phoning it in super hard for the past 3-4 years. Even he is aware that Stantis is trapped within his own conflicting views and can’t move the strip anywhere interesting because of it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I miss READY READY READY READY READY READY READY READY READY READY

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Why does Garrison care if white people will be a minority? I thought being a minority was either no problem or actually a good thing that gets you cool benefits? Why is he acting like being a minority is a bad thing all of a sudden, after so much insisting minorities have it A-Okay?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Why does Garrison care if white people will be a minority? I thought being a minority was either no problem or actually a good thing that gets you cool benefits? Why is he acting like being a minority is a bad thing all of a sudden, after so much insisting minorities have it A-Okay?

He just wants to be really really sure we all can come together and be nice to eachother before he's the minority. Don't worry. Trump is the glue that will bring us all together.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

"Why aren't people talking about the real victim here: me, Ted Rall?" -Tedd Rall

gently caress off

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Lol. The United States of America is a fractured nation and we're trying to make it great again by rendering down the US Constitution, the English language and common culture into a commercialized white paste completely unrecognizable and disimillar from it's parts. And this bastardized glue is the weakest kiddy style, not any of that super glue stuff. AGC.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vib Rib posted:

Seriously. I'm all sorts of ready for my free Lamborghini and $5k a week in magic food stamps that work on Xboxes. That's what they think minorities get, right?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

the_steve posted:

Seriously. I'm all sorts of ready for my free Lamborghini and $5k a week in magic food stamps that work on Xboxes. That's what they think minorities get, right?

Only Dreamers, but Trumps getting rid of them while bringing Hispanics together with THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

How is that one of the 3 ingredient in ending strife in America? I will be a minority soon, so before that, everyone learn my language and only care about our common (my) culture.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

These pieces don't even fit together. I know, because I've been trying to assemble them for the last 30 minutes in photoshop just to see what kind of hosed up eagle Ben would make. Literally not a single piece is congruent with the other, some pieces like the bird's butt end are missing entirely, and the whole left wing section doesn't even make sense.
There is no conceivable way Uncle Sam is going to be able to glue it back into a whole eagle. it's an impossible task.
Have a Gorrell:

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

And you know, I may just be a simple country historian and all, but I seem to me that a fair number of the ca 600k died in the Civil War proooooobably didn't do so to end slavery.

Seriously. It pisses me off when disingenuous morons count the entire death toll for the Civil War as "white people dying to end slavery" when half of them died doing exactly the opposite.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

What about the groups that overlap in this analogy? Like what about the black and asian Christians, or the rich liberals? This is not a well thought out metaphor.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Old man yells at cloud the cartoon is suprisingly good

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

This reminded me of the "kill the Indian and save the man" notion from the nineteenth century, with its "just make everyone like white people" message.

I think it's funny that he put rich people on the conservative/alt right side, probably without even realizing it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wow. A part of me wants to see him explain this chart. Not a big enough part of me to sit and watch it, but it's there.

Garrison posted:

Immigrants, illegal and otherwise, are now encouraged to keep their own cultures and languages. Some consider the traditional melting pot to be offensive—they say it’s ‘racist’ and ‘nativist.’
We all understand the "melting pot" concept to mean leave your culture, language, and traditions behind and adopt ours, right?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

I don't understand why someone would go through all the effort of making this stupid MAGA-glue joke which I almost like for how lame it is and then just drown it out without completely unnecessary labels.

Nevvy Z posted:

It'd be so much better a cartoon without the loving labels on the pieces. We know what the groups are.

And that poor claw. Eat the rich claw!

Or what if we put money in BOTH claws?
:thunk:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and the date of Brexit – Dominic Grieve says some Tories are ‘delusional’ about Brexit and Theresa May’s Brexit date amendment is ‘quite simply unacceptable’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Parliament to have 'take-it-or-leave-it' vote on final Brexit deal, Davis says

Times:

Intelligence watchdog urged to look at Russian influence on Brexit vote

Evening Standard:

Robert Mugabe's grip on Zimbabwe ebbing away after military takes control

Mail:
Mac on... Drivers with bad eyesight

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012
I'll vote for the Escher candidate every time and i times on Sunday.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fathis Munk posted:

Wowowow what the gently caress, Garrison acknowledges the existence of American Muslims ?!:aaaaa:

Yes but they naturally segregate themselves. Segregation of races and cultures never happened before they showed up and weren't caused by the people in power, no siree. There are no Muslims in the US that actually participate in American society, they all live in little Sharia enclaves and don't interact with anyone else ever. That's their nature!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

An unironic Kelly. 2017 just gets weirder and weirder

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Baked Alaska just got banned from Twitter. Has Garrison ever done commissions for him before?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

MelvinBison posted:

Baked Alaska just got banned from Twitter. Has Garrison ever done commissions for him before?

I dunno, but I'm sure it's gonna be a good excuse for a diatribe against companies suppressing muh freedom of speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jabberlock posted:

I dunno, but I'm sure it's gonna be a good excuse for a diatribe against companies suppressing muh freedom of speech.

Best part is is that most of them weren’t suspended, just had their little blue check mark taken away so it makes their freedom of speech argument even stupider than usual.

• Locked thread