Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who gets the second AFC wild card?
This poll is closed.
Buffalo Taylors 38 24.20%
Oakland Carrs 59 37.58%
Miami Cutlers 9 5.73%
Baltimore Flaccos 31 19.75%
New York McCowns 20 12.74%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/930878172866007041

God bless, Blake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
When this sort of QB skillset vs new coach system issue comes up, it makes me wonder how the coach landed the gig in the first place. Did the candidate emphasize their offensive vision, and upon getting the job they double-down on an unwavering focus to prove it worthy?

Seems like some owners/GMs would be more enamored by a very detailed pre-designed system, than a coach who said "I have a core set of ideals, and then adjust to effectively use our players". Which is stupid, but so football is stupid, so, yeah.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

He should take his own advice.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bortles, eventually, one day, will evolve into WarBortles.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/JenJenMichelle/status/930897651922595845

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kalensc posted:

When this sort of QB skillset vs new coach system issue comes up, it makes me wonder how the coach landed the gig in the first place. Did the candidate emphasize their offensive vision, and upon getting the job they double-down on an unwavering focus to prove it worthy?

Seems like some owners/GMs would be more enamored by a very detailed pre-designed system, than a coach who said "I have a core set of ideals, and then adjust to effectively use our players". Which is stupid, but so football is stupid, so, yeah.

I bet in McDermott's case, they totally ignored the offense in interviews and focused exclusively with how he wanted to fix the D, because the O was fine.

Whoops

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

those things are cheaper than normal crockpots at kc walmarts which seems suspicious to me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

those things are cheaper than normal crockpots at kc walmarts which seems suspicious to me.

I have one that looks exactly like that minus the branding I bought at a christmas tree shop for $20. The pot itself is fine, but the actual cooking part of it is fairly flimsy and the bottom looks like it's ready to fall off of mine after like 5-6 years.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Instant pot pressure cooker my dudes. Does searing, crocking, or pressuring.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

:great:

This is what a triumphant return from an unjust ban looks like.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Buffalo over San Diego this week. No points.

*music scratches. Everyone in the saloon looks up*

Lock it up.

Who wants to bet one week of reverse bragging rights on this? (reverse bragging rights means the loser must agree with all the winner's posts in this thread for one week). I'll take any and all comers.

IN SO FAR
A nice Cape

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 16, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
We might just get a new owner soonish.

http://www.morningjournal.com/general-news/20171115/former-pilot-exec-says-jimmy-haslam-loved-trucking-rip-off-scheme

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Buffalo over San Diego this week

Lock it up.

Who wants to bet one week of reverse bragging rights on this? (reverse bragging rights means the loser must agree with all the winner's posts in this thread for one week)
I 100% guarantee Buffalo will not beat San Diego

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Bortles, eventually, one day, will evolve into WarBortles.

Unfortunately though I'm pretty sure Bortstoise is a trade evolution.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kalensc posted:

It's rather common even outside of football. Everyone wants a solution now, not one that will be built over time. Football exaggerates this because of the season length, contracts, free agency, etc-you hire a guy in July and you want your solution good to go in September at the latest, so for someone who has a vision and an ability or desire to build it off of performance over time, you're looking at a long term project that might not hit its stride game one.

It's the short-term profit problem taken to its extreme, really. The front office wants to show how good they are and keep their jobs, management wants that ring yesterday, and very few have the patience for things to develop, even if it's better for the long-term health of the business or team. So when you have a guy coming in going "I GOT A BADASS SCHEME WE'LL WIN DAY 1" vs the guy going ""I have a core set of ideals, and then adjust to effectively use our players" you go with the blowhard 8 times out of 10 because again, short-term profit problem. And then, with some teams, you also have dumbass management that can't/don't want to shake things up and admit their mistake, who end up holding on to those hires because "but their system looks like it will work if only our players cooperate." So you end up with the Paganos and McAdoos keeping their jobs much longer than they should.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbfo-xjDYy1/

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Buffalo over San Diego this week. No points.

Lock it up.

Who wants to bet one week of reverse bragging rights on this? (reverse bragging rights means the loser must agree with all the winner's posts in this thread for one week). I'll take any and all comers.

this except Titans over Steelers tomorrow night

titans bitch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

what a shitstain

also dilly dilly, sigh

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/930914934409580544

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I won't believe that cat is finally dead until I see the body

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This is what use and so far so good
https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Programmable-Temperature-6-Quart/dp/B00EZI26DW

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That'll work. I just can't be bothered to plan that far ahead.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not holding my breath

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That'll work. I just can't be bothered to plan that far ahead.

Throw pork in.
Set for 8-10 hours
????
Nom

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
N:

V: :laffo:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

iospace posted:

Throw pork in.
Set for 8-10 hours
????
Nom

Too far! I like grabbing rough cuts after work and having them done in 2 hours with a pressure cooker.

Also, I got a thing with histamines in food and the longer something stays at or near room temp the more the meat contains. That is a ridiculously fuckin niche concern though.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

In retrospect, Zeke should have taken his suspension when it was announced

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just waiting for Zeke to livestream Battlefront II this week during the game.

Dude’s got some experience with taking down shield generators on Endor.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is Zeke still out of the country?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
He's realised that the cowboys are done for the year with him our for another 3 games so may as well serve the suspension now as opposed to next season

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

I 100% guarantee Buffalo will not beat San Diego

Does this mean you're in? Just think: For an entire week, a guy named "Drunk Nerds" will add credibility to your words.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Does this mean you're in? Just think: For an entire week, a guy named "Drunk Nerds" will add credibility to your words.

I am definitely in. Once again, Buffalo will not beat San Diego. I say this with all the conviction in the world.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-concussions-cte-confirmed-in-living-person-20171115-story.html

That sound you heard was Jerry Jones trying to convince the other owners to "force" the sale of the Cowboys, so he can get out ahead of the collapse without loss of value.

quote:

Four years ago, researchers from Evanston’s NorthShore University HealthSystem and other scientific organizations announced that they had used brain scans to detect the hallmark of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, in ex-football players while they were still alive...The scans indicated the presence of tau, a protein that builds up over damaged neurological cells, in the brains of former NFL players. But the scientists cautioned that the results needed to be confirmed, since CTE can be definitively diagnosed only by examining brain tissue after a person’s death.
In a paper published last week in the journal Neurosurgery, Bailes and other researchers reported that one of the former players who had undergone a scan had his brain examined after he died — and sure enough, the tissue revealed that he had been suffering from CTE.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Thanks goons for explaining that to me last week..ish..because I understood that article woooo

I am just glad I got to see Von Miller win a SB before the league is contracted

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Where there's smoke there's fire

https://twitter.com/WSJSports/status/930945854877437952

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
hooooooooly poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bull loving poo poo

Jerry would destroy the league if they tried to pull that.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Bull loving poo poo

Jerry would destroy the league if they tried to pull that.

Exactly why I'm rooting for it. Let it burn

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Auction off America's Team and have the Clintons buy it for maximum hilarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
NFL Owners have discussed it:

"Hey did you see that tweet about us removing Jerry?"