Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Rams DST aren't a concern for you?

Yeah that's the pickle, isn't it? The times I avoid starting a QB because the defense is great are when I'm afraid of a lockdown, single digit performance. However, I am of the opinion that St. Louis scores so much that Keenum is definitely going to get enough passes to ensure a solid floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Anyone playing Chargers D/ST this week against the Buffalo rookie? Thinking of playing them over Seattle given the matchup and the recent Seahawks injuries.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

tonic posted:

Anyone playing Chargers D/ST this week against the Buffalo rookie? Thinking of playing them over Seattle given the matchup and the recent Seahawks injuries.

I am, but that just seemed to be the best streaming option that was available.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm in a Dynasty league for the first time ever this year. I was offered two trades today and I need some :siren:advice:siren: please!

It's a ppr dynasty salary cap league. $250 salary cap, player salaries increase by $1 or 10% each year (whichever is higher). Any salaries I list in this post is next year's cost. I'm currently in 5th place out of 10, but I have the most points scored in the league.
We start 1QB/2RB/2WR/3FLEX(RB/WR/TE)

Offer 1:
His Mike Evans($55) for my 2018 1st round pick (Will most likely be somewhere between pick 7-10)
Mike Evans hasn't been great this year, and this will put me $54 over the salary cap next year, so I think I should decline.

Offer 2:
His Antonio Brown($51) for my Duke Johnson($6) and Sterling Shepard($4).
This seems like a no-brainer mash accept situation. Sure I'm giving up two guys with great value, but it's Antonio Brown. It does make me pretty weak at RB though.

My team:
QB: Luck($13), Goff($3), Rivers($2)
RB: Ingram($11), CJ Anderson($11), Montgomery($10), Duke Johnson($6), Burkhead($4), Bernard($2), Conner($3), Stewart ($3), Lewis($2), Rod Smith($2), Chris Carson($1)
WR: Cooper($31), Hopkins($26), D. Thomas($21), Jeffery($21), Crabtree($17), Allen Robinson($14), Kelvin Benjamin($10), Shepard($4), Robby Anderson($3), Kevin White($3), Dede Westbrook($1), Ryan Grant($1)
TE: Kelce($21), Henry($3)

3 of these guys are in IR slots, so I will have to drop 3 players before next year's draft

Basically, do I accept this the Johnson+Shepard for Brown trade? It will put me over the cap next year, so I will have to cut some players, but it puts me in better shape to win this year, and probably in the future as well.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 15, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah that's the pickle, isn't it? The times I avoid starting a QB because the defense is great are when I'm afraid of a lockdown, single digit performance. However, I am of the opinion that St. Louis scores so much that Keenum is definitely going to get enough passes to ensure a solid floor.

Then you get to the other side of the coin and realize the Vikings defense is just as good at not letting people score.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Then you get to the other side of the coin and realize the Vikings defense is just as good at not letting people score.

Unlike the Miami Defense which just got hosed and looks like its completely done with the season. (Fitz opponent this week)

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Looking towards the playoffs since my team has the regular season locked up, and I think I can buy low on the Kareem Hunt owner who is 7th place (in a league where 6 teams make the playoffs)

He needs a WR and RB replacement, and I am pretty flush with WR's and some decent backup RB's just in case.

What should I offer him for Hunt? I was thinking Crabtree and Hyde (I know Hyde is solid but his playoff schedule is way tougher than Hunt's and I think this week is a HUGE get right spot for Hunt)

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I'd drop Mack for Woodhead. Then you can drop Buck if/when Woodhead takes his role.

That was my thinking as well. Thanks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

St. Louis scores so much

:laugh:

phanter04
Apr 28, 2008
Looking for a strong receiver for week 14. Do you think I should propose these trades?
Give: Demarco Murray
Get: Thielen or Tate

14 team standard

RBs
Ingram
Ajayi
Kamara

WRs
Jeffery
K. Allen
Corey Davis
Watkins
Doctson

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ha
For your information, I was talking about the St. Louis Cardinals NFL team.

IcePhoenix posted:

This is a great point. Although TB has also all but given up on the season. Whereas Case Keenum is playing for his job.
I could see either play, it's like QB13 vs QB 14, here.

phanter04 posted:

Looking for a strong receiver for week 14. Do you think I should propose these trades?
Give: Demarco Murray
Get: Thielen

What the hell? If you think you could get that, then I'd definitely ship it out ASAP with a powerpoint about why it's a good trade for your opponent.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

I'm in a Dynasty league for the first time ever this year. I was offered two trades today and I need some :siren:advice:siren: please!

It's a ppr dynasty salary cap league. $250 salary cap, player salaries increase by $1 or 10% each year (whichever is higher). Any salaries I list in this post is next year's cost. I'm currently in 5th place out of 10, but I have the most points scored in the league.

Offer 1:
His Mike Evans($55) for my 2018 1st round pick (Will most likely be somewhere between pick 7-10)
Mike Evans hasn't been great this year, and this will put me $54 over the salary cap next year, so I think I should decline.

Offer 2:
This seems like a no-brainer mash accept situation. Sure I'm giving up two guys with great value, but it's Antonio Brown. It does make me pretty weak at RB though.

My team:
RB: Ingram($11), CJ Anderson($11), Montgomery($10), Duke Johnson($6), Burkhead($4), Bernard($2), Conner($3), Stewart ($3), Lewis($2), Rod Smith($2), Chris Carson($1)
WR: Cooper($31), Hopkins($26), D. Thomas($21), Jeffery($21), Crabtree($17), Allen Robinson($14), Kelvin Benjamin($10), Shepard($4), Robby Anderson($3), Kevin White($3), Dede Westbrook($1), Ryan Grant($1)

3 of these guys are in IR slots, so I will have to drop 3 players before next year's draft

Basically, do I accept this the Johnson+Shepard for Brown trade? It will put me over the cap next year, so I will have to cut some players, but it puts me in better shape to win this year, and probably in the future as well.

I'd love to get Evans for a 1st round pick, but the opportunity cost (all the players you'd have to drop to get cap space) is too high.
AB is an even better get, but you still have the issue with your salary cap. Who are you gonna drop? Cooper? Hopkins? You'd have both of those guys for probably 10 more years than you'll be able to keep AB at $51, then $56, then $62, then $68...
I guess you could plan to deal Kelce, D.Thomas, and Jeffery. Maybe for draft picks or promising players with much less expensive salaries?
On balance I think you still have to take the AB deal. Duke Johnson and Sterling Shepard are both nice pieces at those salaries but they're not indispensable.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

Do you not have to be compliant with the cap? I have you currently at $249 in cap hit. If you added someone worth $50+, you don't need to drop corresponding salary immediately?

If not, sure, buy AB and try to sell him over the offseason.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

tonic posted:

Something gives me a bad feeling about that game and I avoided them as a streamer this week. I just feel like Shadys going to go off or something.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone have opinions on Maurice Harris?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
What’s the most you’d give up to get JAX RoS? A flex RB/WR? RB2? WR2?

Trade buddy is contemplating it. He has BAL and wants a one-for-one trade for JAX.

I’m loathe to give up any of my startable options when there are D/ST streamer options available (more on that later).

I offered Drake, Agholor, and Darkwa. Declined.
I offered Crowell. Demurred with “let me research after work”.

What remains (.5 ppr):

Devonta Freeman
Funchess
Juju
Ingram
McKinnon
Evans
Hopkins
Graham

Of those, I’d only seriously consider Funchess or Juju and even that seems like too much, given the volatility and tenuousness of Evans and Hopkins’ QB situations.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 15, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

RCarr posted:

Dynasty stuff

What does a 1st round pick cost salary wise? Seems like dedicating over a fifth of your cap space to one guy in either trade scenario is the wrong move.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

Something gives me a bad feeling about that game and I avoided them as a streamer this week. I just feel like Shadys going to go off or something.

Chargers got back run-stuffer Denzel Perryman, who helped in shutting down Fournette for the first time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

What does a 1st round pick cost salary wise? Seems like dedicating over a fifth of your cap space to one guy in either trade scenario is the wrong move.

In dynasty you typically have to give up about a fifth of your cap for any superstar RB/WR. If you're unwilling to do that, you have to try to win games without a reliable top player at a key position.

e. Actually I should modify that: that's what it costs to get one of those players when they're a known quantity, in a startup draft. You can pick up a David Johnson on waivers in 2015 for $1 if you're super lucky, and then you can have a league-destroying team for the next decade. But you can't rely on getting that lucky.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 15, 2017

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

89 posted:

Melvin Gordon & Jimmy Graham

Or

Jay Ajayi & Gronk?

Gordon for sure. Not sure why everyone thinks Ajayi is going to suddenly become a beast.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Doltos posted:

He can go off as long as they get sacks and picks

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

dkj posted:

Not sure why everyone thinks Ajayi is going to suddenly become a beast.

I think it's because he has shown the capability to be a beast as recently as last season and is now on a real NFL team with a functioning offense and a good O-line.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Offer 1:

Offer 2:

My team:

Evans for 20% salary is totally worth it. You've got a bunch of junk you can clear if they're free to drop, as well as some bigger salaries that are either tradable or worth dumping below value to fit Evans (DT, Cooper, Jeffery, CJA, Montgomery). Maybe I'm alone here, but I take the Evans deal easily before the Brown deal. A late 1st is definitely worth less than Duke and Shepard, Evans and Brown have comparable salaries, and long term you'd rather have Evans anyway.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sorry, I should have given you guys some more information

DariusLikewise posted:

We have a 7 round draft each year.

The first four picks in the first round are paid $20
The fifth through eighth picks are paid $18
The ninth and tenth picks are paid $16
All players drafted in the second round are paid $8
All players drafted in the third round are paid $4
All players drafted in the fourth round are paid $2
All remaining drafted players (fifth and later rounds) are paid $1

But like others said, it's common for any stud players to go for ~$50 or more.

Zauper posted:

Do you not have to be compliant with the cap? I have you currently at $249 in cap hit. If you added someone worth $50+, you don't need to drop corresponding salary immediately?

If not, sure, buy AB and try to sell him over the offseason.

It's a soft cap, so you can go over all you want during the season. You just need to get under the cap in time for the draft each year.

Leperflesh posted:

I'd love to get Evans for a 1st round pick, but the opportunity cost (all the players you'd have to drop to get cap space) is too high.
AB is an even better get, but you still have the issue with your salary cap. Who are you gonna drop? Cooper? Hopkins? You'd have both of those guys for probably 10 more years than you'll be able to keep AB at $51, then $56, then $62, then $68...
I guess you could plan to deal Kelce, D.Thomas, and Jeffery. Maybe for draft picks or promising players with much less expensive salaries?
On balance I think you still have to take the AB deal. Duke Johnson and Sterling Shepard are both nice pieces at those salaries but they're not indispensable.

I agree with you. I think I should get AB and worry about it later. I could always deal him or someone else during the off season and make it work.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

I agree with you. I think I should get AB and worry about it later. I could always deal him or someone else during the off season and make it work.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

I like the idea of getting him now and selling him before the draft next year

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.
Planning on dropping Alex Collins for Crowell or Jamaal Williams to flex. Thoughts?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Octoduck posted:

Planning on dropping Alex Collins for Crowell or Jamaal Williams to flex. Thoughts?

I wouldn't drop Collins at all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

I wouldn't drop Collins at all.

I feel like the Ravens kind of totally hate Collins a little bit, though

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Evans for 20% salary is totally worth it. You've got a bunch of junk you can clear if they're free to drop, as well as some bigger salaries that are either tradable or worth dumping below value to fit Evans (DT, Cooper, Jeffery, CJA, Montgomery). Maybe I'm alone here, but I take the Evans deal easily before the Brown deal. A late 1st is definitely worth less than Duke and Shepard, Evans and Brown have comparable salaries, and long term you'd rather have Evans anyway.

I could always take both deals and hopefully win this year and then try to unload one or both of them in the offseason. I'm kind of torn.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So you don't have to count their salary against the cap until next year? Given your league seems to have mostly copied our league's rules, that's a surprisingly big departure

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

So you don't have to count their salary against the cap until next year? Given your league seems to have mostly copied our league's rules, that's a surprisingly big departure

Yea I admittedly straight up copied your league's rules(and then made some tweaks), but I can't trust my league mates to pay enough attention to make sure they stay under the cap for every add/drop/trade/etc, and that would be way too much work for me to keep track of myself.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Drunk Nerds posted:

I feel like the Ravens kind of totally hate Collins a little bit, though

I'm sorry about that, it's because I own him on my fantasy team. Him and Melvin Gordon are both perfectly healthy and capable of putting up points but their coaches and QBs absolutely loving despise them.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Doltos posted:

I'm sorry about that, it's because I own him on my fantasy team. Him and Melvin Gordon are both perfectly healthy and capable of putting up points but their coaches and QBs absolutely loving despise them.

Gordon’s pretty inefficient honestly, so it’s a miracle he hasn’t lost more touches by now and is a RB1 by sheer volume.

Also not sure it’s possible for him to ever be perfectly healthy heh.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Doltos posted:

They have Collins because he hasn't shown he can't fumble yet. One or two games after that streak of fumbles does not build trust yet.

I imagine by week 12 it becomes the Collins/Woodhead show.

I passed on dropping him for Williams because I trust Collins more to be my backup RB behind my main 3 - Bell, Ingram, Ajayi

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Regarding my dynasty question earlier...

I'm going to accept both trades.

I give my my 2018 first for Evans
AND
I give Duke Johnson and Sterling Shepard for Antonio Brown

It greatly increases my chances of winning this year, and both players are studs so I'm sure ill be able to trade one or both of them in the off-season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

Regarding my dynasty question earlier...

I'm going to accept both trades.

I give my my 2018 first for Evans
AND
I give Duke Johnson and Sterling Shepard for Antonio Brown

It greatly increases my chances of winning this year, and both players are studs so I'm sure ill be able to trade one or both of them in the off-season.

Ah, the "Flags Fly Forever" method. I'm a fan of it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone think it's a bad idea? There's still time to talk me out of it! :downs:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Anyone think it's a bad idea? There's still time to talk me out of it! :downs:

It's a dope idea.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea I admittedly straight up copied your league's rules(and then made some tweaks), but I can't trust my league mates to pay enough attention to make sure they stay under the cap for every add/drop/trade/etc, and that would be way too much work for me to keep track of myself.

We used google spreadsheets until we moved to MFL. MFL tracks salary caps so now I don't have to do the bookkeeping.

But yowza, being able to ignore the cap all season really reduces the point of the salaries. Just be momentarily under the cap once a year means you can drop an expensive player just before the cap gets checked and then immediately bid on him in the next free agent auction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

tonic posted:

They just missed the cut for my streaming article. It's a solid option. I still prefer Cincy this week.

Yuzenn posted:

Looking towards the playoffs since my team has the regular season locked up, and I think I can buy low on the Kareem Hunt owner who is 7th place (in a league where 6 teams make the playoffs)

He needs a WR and RB replacement, and I am pretty flush with WR's and some decent backup RB's just in case.

What should I offer him for Hunt? I was thinking Crabtree and Hyde (I know Hyde is solid but his playoff schedule is way tougher than Hunt's and I think this week is a HUGE get right spot for Hunt)

I'd start with Crabtree/Dion Lewis and upgrade to Hyde if that is what it takes. Lewis had been steadily getting more looks.

RCarr posted:

Offer 1:

Offer 2:

My team:

If you are in win now more, both are pretty solid options. If I were you, I would put out feelers for what you can get for some of your mid-level picks.

Since it's a soft cap, you can realistically trot out Goff/Ingram/CJ/AB84/Evans/Hopkins/Crabtree/Jeffrey or DThom/Kelce and just be a buzzsaw towards money.

Everything after that is depth you can use as a salary dump to upgrade RB2 and QB.

In the offseason, try to flip one of AB84/Evans for more assets. Or figure out a way to keep both and repeat.

• Locked thread