Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Krycek posted:

A normal dev team: "oh look, whenever ship X spawns, the server crashes. How about I just turn off the ability to spawn ship X."

Crobbits team of modders: "do wop woah diddy dum gently caress you, banned!"

:laffo::laffo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

I lolled so hard at this. Please stay.

:same:

----------------

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Come on, it's Chris Roberts

Breetai posted:

• Stable
  • Multiplayer
  • Ability to use spaceships in your spacegame

Pick 2 1.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hot balls man no homo posted:

still wrong pick 0

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

They are testing loot crates. You can pay $20 a click to get the ship you requested, or just $5 a click to get a random ship that may or may not work.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Sarsapariller posted:

Thank you Citizen. Can I interest you in a luxury spaceship?

You can tell it's luxury because of the palm trees. Deuce Citizen will have real-time coconut shucking. Please keep in mind that none of this is real right now, but don't let that stop you- in the event that it does release, there will probably be all kinds of coconut related gameplay. I can't think of any fun applications for coconuts, so please dream some up and write me thousands of pages of stupid garbage. I guarantee that each and every idea will eventually be made just as real as Deuce Citizen itself.

i too am a fan of ryan archer's work

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/930904714631401475

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

hot balls man no homo posted:

chris answered this on 10 for the chairmen:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Stresstest lag video has been rehosted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x69d2ql

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

WAIT! So 3.0 is the "game" now? :laffo:

----------------

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

thegremlich's idea of peak comedy is the same as a teenager's from the early 90s, implying a man might be gay

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

3.0 is such a poo poo-show, I don't even want to write about it.

This is the end times.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Quavers posted:

Yup, there we go.

I don't even know how you have a bug that delivers the wrong ship.

What the gently caress is going on in that code?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Firefox 57, "Quantum", is really nice with CPU utilization and running videos. Broke my noscript, though.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Quavers posted:

So >30fps when there's just 40ish nearly identical commandos standing in the same area, some may have boxes growing out of their legs.

>4fps when those commandos are in ships.

Great. :lol: :lol:

Catching up with late 90's tech then. :D

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

XK posted:

Yup, there we go.

I don't even know how you have a bug that delivers the wrong ship.

What the gently caress is going on in that code?

Not using an instanced pad because of "fidelity" reasons and not bothering to add a 'null" check to see if the pad is occupied when you have multiple commandos requesting delivery of a ship.

I guess if they never fix this you can simply request ships until the pads are full and enjoy the ensuing rage as commandos will only see yours or an unholy merging of multiple ships. I'm hoping they at least have an expiration timer but not counting on it.

monkeytek fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 16, 2017

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

XK posted:

On that deleted video, it seemed to run fairly okay, when it was just the several dozen commandos on the launch pads.

As soon as they ran inside and ships started to be requested, performance began to tank, badly.

This is just good old standard Port Olisar. Not planet surface or anything, just the space station we've been seeing since 2.0.

Also, the dude knew he was going to hit an invisible wall in the other person's cargo bay, and then he totally did. He didn't hit an invisible wall entering his own ship's cargo bay the same way. The internal door totally didn't work, though. And it was still the wrong ship from what he requested, somehow Houdini'd onto a different pad.

I have to assume that him knowing he was going to hit that invisible wall on the other dude's ship means CIG has implemented that as their means of ship security. I would guess they're preventing people from sprinting into ships, or clipping through the ship exteriors, as a means to jack chariots, via the use of invisible walls.

Hey, glitches, oh, glitches, oh, glitches, oh, glitches
Hey, glitches, oh, glitches, oh

He tried to get a ship down in Port Olisar
Clipping through the walls and floors
They said, "You're so lame
You're breaking the game"

Glitchy glitchy ya ya mama
Glitchy glitchy ya ya here
Brokeass doors and walls, oh no no
Crappy Version 3 point 0

Veux-tu rembourser avec moi, ce soir?
Veux-tu rembourser avec moi?

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Daztek posted:

Evocati testing going well!

They don't bother emailing you about the tests/procedures so if you're not on the Spectrum 24/7 you might get banned :allears:
Yeah, just do what you're told. What do think Star CItizen is anyway, a video game where you're supposed to have fun doing whatever you want to?

Wait...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Quavers posted:

5:28, watch what ship he orders. See what ship he is given on the pad.

6:08, the Freelancer he requested is an Andromeda, he turns 90 degrees to the right to look at a ship apparently spawned hanging off the pad, looks back at the station, then looks back toward his ship which is now a Retaliator. :lol:

He's actually speechless for a moment. He tells voice chat his ship is swapped. Another guy on chat says that's his ship actually, and that it's really confusing.

The computer tells him to find his ship on pad A02.

7:45 invisible wall, then pitch black in his own ship with frames dying and the internal door completely nonfunctional.

It's almost experimental.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Beckettian!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

6:08, the Freelancer he requested is an Andromeda, he turns 90 degrees to the right to look at a ship apparently spawned hanging off the pad, looks back at the station, then looks back toward his ship which is now a Retaliator. :lol:

It's like the Old Spice ad from years ago. :)

Look again, I'm on a horse.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

monkeytek posted:

Not using an instanced pad because of "fidelity" reasons and not bothering to add a 'null" check to see if the pad is occupied when you have multiple commandos requesting delivery of a ship.

I guess if they never fix this you can simply request ships until the pads are full and enjoy the ensuing rage as commandos will only see yours or an unholy merging of multiple ships. I'm hoping they at least have an expiration timer but not counting on it.

His heads-up UI pip that's supposed to lead him to his ship has the wrong ship listed right after he chooses it.

At least nobody got flung into void space in the middle of the planet with twisted limbs, but these are still baffling issues for anything outside of a proof-of-concept demo to have.

And you can see the frames chug every time somebody spawns a ship.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oh god this wanker won't stop tweeting things at me

https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/930871016049512448

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

peter gabriel posted:

Make a video with his tweets in it. We all laugh, he'll have a meltdown.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Being that they are test releases, I could maybe see wrong ship delivery on 3.0a, or even 3.0b, as a weirdo bug. What letter are they on now?

What a joke.

I hope that invisible wall gets confirmed as ship security.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Sandweed posted:

The last battlefront sold 14 million copies, this shitstorm won't affect them enough for them to care.

Sadly you are most likely right.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

XK posted:

these are still baffling issues for anything outside of a proof-of-concept demo to have

The major misconception from backers is that they're trying to compare Star Citizen to game publishers, and Chris Roberts to a game developer. These are very dangerous assumptions. In competent companies run by competent individuals, bugs like this show up early, and get fixed over time.

The backers are applying this pattern to Star Citizen, assuming these are bugs that will be fixed over time.

What we have with Star Citizen is the opposite situation. It's a horribly-written, badly-coded, Chris-Roberts-Ineptly-Micromanaged disaster that gets weaker and weaker every time they try to do something meaningful with its peanut-brittle foundation. This game isn't going to get "fixed over time." This game is loving terminal, and all they're doing is a Weekend at Bernie's act with it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

this guys stupidity cadence really reminds me of Fandred

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solarin posted:

this guys stupidity cadence really reminds me of Fandred

Hes literally insanely mentally ill. Seriously. Like I wouldn't goad this guy he's not your typical citizen.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

FYI, TheRealGremlich is one of the Kremlin's experimental accounts.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Mr Derek, what is your professional opinion of lootcrates?

Also Mr Derek, what is your personal opinion of ea? I asked for personal in the second because I wouldn't want you to sling poo poo at a fellow game-company-thing (what form of entity is ea actually?) as that would be lovely of me to ask, in terms of everyone in the industry not slinging poo poo at each other.

Also one more thing, what is your favorite land bird?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

XK posted:

It reads more like DPRK_News to me.
https://twitter.com/dprk_news/status/910175454044332032

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

XK posted:

That has gone out of control!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
3.0 release.

3.0 release

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Make a video with his tweets in it. We all laugh, he'll have a meltdown.

^ This, 100%.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

McGiggins posted:

Mr Derek, what is your professional opinion of lootcrates?

Also Mr Derek, what is your personal opinion of ea? I asked for personal in the second because I wouldn't want you to sling poo poo at a fellow game-company-thing (what form of entity is ea actually?) as that would be lovely of me to ask, in terms of everyone in the industry not slinging poo poo at each other.

Also one more thing, what is your favorite land bird?

If gamers weren't loving used to being exploited, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It is a pointless discussion when you consider that the crazy amount of money being made, is because the people who are buying them, outnumber those crying foul. So companies like EA, Activision et al, have ZERO incentive to stop the practice. It all migrated from mobile.

----------------

XK
Jul 9, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

One of those people printed everything.

They go to sleep every night dreaming about the judge calling out for the surprise witness. Strutting into court with their Derek Smart print outs, they shove the swooning ladies aside. Chris Roberts jumps up to shake his hand, and Sandi gives a sultry wink.

Derek is in the corner rubbing his fists in his eyes as tears stream to the floor.

The judge stand up and salu...

*!*

I'LL DO THE DISHES LATER MOM I'M TRYING TO SLEEP LEAVE ME ALONE GOD

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

5:28, watch what ship he orders. See what ship he is given on the pad.

He's actually speechless for a moment. He tells voice chat his ship is swapped. Another guy on chat says that's his ship actually, and that it's really confusing.

The computer tells him to find his ship on pad A02.

7:45 invisible wall, then pitch black in his own ship with frames dying and the internal door completely nonfunctional.

It's almost experimental.

This video really is a clusterfuck. The player or NPC walking around with a crate shoved up his rear end was the best touch.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Seriously, though, thank God it's all stored so people have access to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

XK posted:

One of those people printed everything.

They go to sleep every night dreaming about the judge calling out for the surprise witness. Strutting into court with their Derek Smart print outs, they shove the swooning ladies aside. Chris Roberts jumps up to shake his hand, and Sandi gives a sultry wink.

Derek is in the corner rubbing his fists in his eyes as tears stream to the floor.

The judge stand up and salu...

*!*

I'LL DO THE DISHES LATER MOM I'M TRYING TO SLEEP LEAVE ME ALONE GOD

EXHIBIT ONE - THE DEREK ARCHIVE