Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Marvel Heroes, Marvel Heroes 2015, Marvel Heroes 2016 and Marvel Heroes Omega.

e; oh hey new page

quote:

We’re sad to inform our players and our entire Marvel Heroes family that Marvel Heroes Omega will be shutting down. The Marvel Heroes servers will stay on until Dec 31, 2017, and we’ll be removing real money purchases as soon as possible. Players will be able to play the game entirely for free once this sunset period commences. We will share the exact date things go completely free as soon as we can.

We’ve had the privilege of entertaining and collaborating with our players for over four years. We’re extremely humbled by that privilege and wanted to get this message out: Thank you. Thank you to our players, our tireless employees, and everyone involved in the life of Marvel Heroes, Marvel Heroes 2015, Marvel Heroes 2016, and Marvel Heroes Omega.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/330038/official-statement-from-gazillion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

where is davebo going to grind xp as wolverine now?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Percelus posted:

where is davebo going to grind xp as wolverine now?

In the goddamn woods.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Here's hoping TheDink can move on to good things. She always did great work.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Saws in discord

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Saws in discord

Holy poo poo that’s awesome. Doomsaw did join the discord yay!

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

December 12 2014

:rip:

You were a good time, Marvel Heroes.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

there is no way a competently done marvel game like this wouldn't do gangbusters though i'm hoping they yanked the license with something in mind

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
My favourite memory is the Dr. Strange power-up bug from way back when X-Def was the thing to do to get those Uniques. RIP NPC students.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I miss when you'd get kicked from the SG if you looted a specific Unique, as listed in the MOTD. :allears:

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Does anyone have any screenshots from when all the goons gathered in one instance to do boons? Right before we crashed the server.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Lechtansi posted:

Does anyone have any screenshots from when all the goons gathered in one instance to do boons? Right before we crashed the server.

I think I do at home. In the meantime if you want to see a bunch of players in a hub here's one from an hour ago

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Of all the places, I heard this from the most unlikely source lol. drat. It's sad and I had tons of fun. Meeting you all. Had to go down however in the worst way possible.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
It's time to login!

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

WTH I only got 900 hours of play out of this game :(

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ah I remember playing this game a lot. Then I stopped. I think it was around when omega stuff happened and there was suddenly way too long a grind ahead?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Man I enjoyed this game back in the day, drat shame. My golden age was from Silver Surfer release to the Doctor Doom release.

F

suction
Jul 17, 2009

davebo posted:

Gaz please leak the source code and let some modders turn it into a single player grindfest at least.

Trust me you only need the client, and the server can be emulated. Even Age of Empire Online is resurrected.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Please don't post here unless you have 1000+ hours in the game.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MASSIVE SYSTEM UPDATE. GAME CHANGED FOREVER. Attn: It's time to login!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
RIP in peaces MH

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MASSIVE SYSTEM UPDATE. GAME CHANGED FOREVER. Attn: It's time to logoff!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Holy poo poo there is a lot of stuff that they didn't manage to add before they went caput: https://imgur.com/a/uFPG6

Spiderwoman was supposedly almost done and was planned for release at the end of November as well.

e; Davebo will never complete his collection

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

lmao, gently caress gaz(minus doomsaw and that lady artist) and this lovely game that i spent 1k hours on.

Groot Force was cool though.

rhinohelix
Aug 19, 2007

Fun Shoe
Wow, I can't believe they are really shutting it down. I haven't logged in since forever but now I guess I need to reinstall to inventory my yellow mans for the final time. From beta to now, it was a great time, except when it wasn't. I was all in, though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

they were gonna finally give me the cyclops skin i wanted. rip MH

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Kainser posted:

Players will be able to play the game entirely for free once this sunset period commences. We will share the exact date things go completely free as soon as we can.

one last gaz promise

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

And so another pretty good superhero MMO bites the dust

RIP CoH

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kelp Plankton posted:

they were gonna finally give me the cyclops skin i wanted. rip MH
so falls icarus

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I feel less bad for being permabanned from their forums for calling the CEO a pedo.

I posted in this thread earlier as "Chicken Shoes' or Hillary Clintons Thong. Just started playing earlier this year and I liked it for a bit but poo poo. gently caress 'em, good riddance.

Asros fat baby

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Just heard the news, it was fun to play with you guys while it lasted.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i got home, so heres my favorite screenshots from over the years. you, yes you, may be in them

this is the oldest pic i have. 420 hp yall, DP gonna blaze it

cyclopses kissing

the game used to let you get so large you were too tall for the screen when zoomed in. moon repping the OG Large Luke

some of my fav group shots, pretty early on in MH when you still had to go to different hubs to access different content

hulk's dick has fingers

these were the best physics bugs

i was EXTREMELY EXCITED to get this drop, since its the item i made. took hours to farm one up the first time. ilu tippy toe

MOON FORCE

Moon Boon party. this crashed the server btw

spiders

a hug from a hulk

strong kate

invisible squirrels.....

and finally, notalizardman ruining a group shot i was trying to take, of kate bishops. thanks

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Strange Matter posted:

Man even though I haven't logged into this game in like 8 months I'm still kinda bittersweet right now.

I started playing MH when my now-wife and I were dating long distance. Back then it took like a year to grind up your first hero from 1 to 60. She was Storm and I was Thing. At around level 45 I bought her Storm's chase costume as a gift (I got Thingcognito). I remember when we finally hit 60 and it was the most triumphant thing ever.

then we moved on to the Captains Marvel and America and she fell in love with Carol. She'd eventually take her to Cosmic, along the way amassing almost all of her costumes through the Grinder, except the Mar-Vell costume which she got from an honest-to-god Drop. I remember I was out of the house and she was playing and she called me up to say that it fell.

I've always been adjacent to Groot Force but for us it was a game that we could chill out with together. Sometimes we'd put on some TV in the background and kind of pay half-attention to both games. I remember when the Cake Fountain was discovered and we were hitting there so hard that my computer was starting to get hot.

All those moments, lost, like tears in the rain...
this was genuinely sweet and i enjoyed it.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Lechtansi posted:

look on the previous page

dont have the rooftop ones though

My HP was a bit lower :smugdog:
e: oh wait :(

NoMas fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 16, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentPilot posted:

We've granted 1000 Gs on PC for all players, and will do so daily. All items should now be 50Gs.

This is the best current solution we have with limited resources and technical limitations of the PC, and wanted to make sure this got out to you. Due to technical limitations on PC, we cannot make all store items available for Eternity Splinters (and can't do this without a patch, either). There is also inventory technical game-breaking issues if we make everything available for 0 or 1G. Currently all prices are reduced to 50 Gs while each day you log in you will receive 1000 Gs. Game on.
Joke's on them though, I uninstalled the game last week.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Lozareth posted:

one last gaz promise

AgentPilot posted:

We've granted 1000 Gs on PC for all players, and will do so daily. All items should now be 50Gs.

This is the best current solution we have with limited resources and technical limitations of the PC, and wanted to make sure this got out to you. Due to technical limitations on PC, we cannot make all store items available for Eternity Splinters (and can't do this without a patch, either). There is also inventory technical game-breaking issues if we make everything available for 0 or 1G. Currently all prices are reduced to 50 Gs while each day you log in you will receive 1000 Gs. Game on.

Well, at least they tried? I mean, I guess it is good enough.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I feel real bad for all the probably nice people who worked on this game and got screwed over by pedophilia and capitalism

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Five years from now this is gonna be like the CoH thread where everyone wonders why they still post about their dead superhero waifu's while throwing money at every kickstarter with the words City of Heroes in it, but no one wants to shut the thread down because those poor souls have suffered enough.

This is our future.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kenby posted:

Five years from now this is gonna be like the CoH thread where everyone wonders why they still post about their dead superhero waifu's while throwing money at every kickstarter with the words City of Heroes in it, but no one wants to shut the thread down because those poor souls have suffered enough.

This is our future.

Thanks for reminding me! I haven't checked that thread out in a while!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If after a couple days I never post on the forums again, assume I died from a heart attack recreating the Thingburger.