Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

TTBF posted:

Ok, that explains it. The sewer boss isn't dropping any equipment for me so all I've got is cloth and sticks. I'd have to grind a long time to get them upgraded to the point of these being useful. Would it be a good idea to ditch the two I have in order to free inventory space?

edit: Complain on the internet and your problem is solved. Sewer bosses began dropping items. Not often, but enough for me to use these power ups.

Usually what you'll do in the game is go up a zone, fight the boss there, repeat that until he drops an item, then keep that item in your inventory and upgrade it until it can replace your current one (cause it will have higher max stats even at the base). Also, I can't believe something still hasn't taken out this bit of code months later:

GrossMurpel posted:

Wow, and right away the very first slime I beat dropped a ring.
something, please remove the part of the code that checks whether you made an SA post complaining about no drops before you're allowed to get drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008

something posted:

Nope it shouldn't. The only thing to change what CAP does mid-run would be you putting in a weird value that isn't an exact fraction, because it's based on the idle energy you have after it takes the energy in the training out.

I've noticed that when the amount CAP wants to put in is exactly the amount of energy you have, it doesn't work right 100% of the time, and seems to think you have 1 less energy available than you do. That might be the cause of some of this confusion.

You can usually reproduce the bug by capping a skill (at a reasonably high value), assigning all your remaining energy to something else, then hitting the cap button on it again - most of the time (but not always) it'll take enough clones out to drop down 1 bar/s.

Sillyman fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 15, 2017

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sillyman posted:

I've noticed that when the amount CAP wants to put in is exactly the amount of energy you have, it doesn't work right 100% of the time, and seems to think you have 1 less energy available than you do. That might be the cause of some of this confusion.

You can usually reproduce the bug by capping a skill (at a reasonably high value), assigning all your remaining energy to something else, then hitting the cap button on it again - most of the time (but not always) it'll take enough clones out to drop down 1 bar/s.

This sounds consistent with the behavior I'm seeing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

NGU

What's with the fuzzy vs sharp graphics?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I have no loving idea and it bothers me every bit as much.

edit: wow. literally as i type this i found a unity setting that may the exact cause of all this.

I'm gonna upload a new build just with this fix, it'll be build 294.

something fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 15, 2017

pelao
Apr 21, 2010
something, do you know where Unity on Edge stores your quicksave file? I started playing on Edge because I was sick of incognito not saving my data... but the save feature doesn't work on Edge, so now I can't back up my game (or put it back into FF/chome).

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'm sorry I don't. And my google-fu hasn't turned up a way to make the work in edge. So for now I'll just be targeting FF/Chrome. Sorry :c

pelao
Apr 21, 2010
Oh well, all good.

I dont suppose you're planning to change it to do what the tooltip says and export to clipboard instead of to file? I'm hoping that would just magically work for no reason, while the file creation doesnt work for some other magical reason.

edit: or cloud save?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

something posted:

I have no loving idea and it bothers me every bit as much.

edit: wow. literally as i type this i found a unity setting that may the exact cause of all this.

I'm gonna upload a new build just with this fix, it'll be build 294.
Looks great now! Thank you! Is the 1EXP per boss a nerf or a buff? I recall seeing "got 3 exp for defeating" messages before but not sure if they were consistent, so wondering about that...

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

NGU: Costs of a cast/ritual/whatever are substracted at the beginning of the bar and there's no way to refund it afterwards or stop before it starts a second one. Sucks if you don't want to wait on a second long timer but rather spend the resources elsewhere.

Attached is a lovely picture to show what I mean.

Is this intended behaviour?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Yeah, would be cool to have the "stop after finish" toggle from ITRTG.

pelao posted:

something, do you know where Unity on Edge stores your quicksave file? I started playing on Edge because I was sick of incognito not saving my data... but the save feature doesn't work on Edge, so now I can't back up my game (or put it back into FF/chome).

Unity webplayer saves are in %APPDATA%\Roaming\Unity\WebPlayerPrefs\chat_2ekongregate_2ecom

E: Magic now costs 1/10 as much but takes more than 18 times as long? In what world does this make sense?

Further E: Challenges unlock 3 bosses too early. I started my first challenge after beating boss 55, it told me to go beat boss 58, and now that I did, the game told me I unlocked challenges :v:
I also just got this message from the money pit

what

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 15, 2017

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Sorry if it's been covered, I'm super tired. In NGU, if you click\drag duplicates of items onto each other (ex: Stick +20), it doesn't actually boost anything does it?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Irritated Goat posted:

Sorry if it's been covered, I'm super tired. In NGU, if you click\drag duplicates of items onto each other (ex: Stick +20), it doesn't actually boost anything does it?

It gives you 1% more max stats on the item, so it's only really meaningful from Sewer onwards. Other NGU question: Does the boost drop rate get any better in forest, bc I've been farming Sewer for a drat while and it's real slow going to power up for idling in Forest.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Elswyyr posted:

It gives you 1% more max stats on the item, so it's only really meaningful from Sewer onwards. Other NGU question: Does the boost drop rate get any better in forest, bc I've been farming Sewer for a drat while and it's real slow going to power up for idling in Forest.

You can get higher bonuses so in a way yes. Your kill rate is going to be lower. I purchased a bunch of additional attack for 3EXP each and it makes a huge difference in how fast you can farm. Toughness tends to be around where I need it from gear alone when I was ready to idle in forest and caves.

I also got a +10 special from the pit for 1e9 gold after an overnight, so the pit is pretty great make sure to keep some stuff!
Earlier it gave me +1 bar to EN and Magic from the pit it said it did some other stuff too but that was the part that was really nice.

Are there some pit rewards you can only get once?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I have yet another dumb ITRTG question.

Is creation/build speed from Crystal Power a flat addition to existing speed bought with GP, or a bonus multiplier? I’m having trouble deciding whether it’d be worth it to rebirth now, or if I should just keep farming GP from my crystal to purchase build speed and eventually some more CC to go with it.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is creation/build speed from Crystal Power a flat addition to existing speed bought with GP

This is the case. It'll show on the God Power screen as x% (y%) and the tooltip will tell you how much you're getting from GP and how much from Crystal Power.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mister Adequate posted:

I thought that at first, but it's not necessarily true. You need to spec the right people the right ways but I have had success tanking. Specifically, make Nayeli your pointperson, supported by Celene and Calliope, both themselves specced for healing and protection. I've only had it work with that very specific setup but even the dude's constantly escalating attacks couldn't get her down before our own attacks wore him out.

Wait until you get the dragon kin pally, then get him up to the point where you unlock his special, then choose the subspecialization where he regens heinous amounts in return for not boosting ultimate damage.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah, would be cool to have the "stop after finish" toggle from ITRTG.

Agreed. I'd also maybe like a warning message if you are about to Rebirth but haven't used the Money Pit in the run. I've forgotten to use it way too many times even in my limited play time.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Klungar posted:

Agreed. I'd also maybe like a warning message if you are about to Rebirth but haven't used the Money Pit in the run. I've forgotten to use it way too many times even in my limited play time.

It should also check the cooldown, while this wouldn't matter for hour runs, it would be annoying for 30 minute runs when you can't use the pit half the time.

e: to clarify why 30 and 60 minutes, at both your time multiplier (and all time multiplier so far) gets an x2 bonus so you go from 0.125 to 0.25 at 30 minutes and from 0.49 to 1.0 at 60 minutes. These are both pretty ideal for runs even if you end up losing a bit of multiplier the pit having a 1h cd is a pretty bit hint at how long a run should be if you are active.

30 minute runs are nice if you are going to sit down watch some TV and be pretty active in the game for several hours since your current and previous are taken into account you need to do several 30 minute runs for it to even out.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 15, 2017

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pixaal posted:

It should also check the cooldown, while this wouldn't matter for hour runs, it would be annoying for 30 minute runs when you can't use the pit half the time.

e: to clarify why 30 and 60 minutes, at both your time multiplier (and all time multiplier so far) gets an x2 bonus so you go from 0.125 to 0.25 at 30 minutes and from 0.49 to 1.0 at 60 minutes. These are both pretty ideal for runs even if you end up losing a bit of multiplier the pit having a 1h cd is a pretty bit hint at how long a run should be if you are active.

30 minute runs are nice if you are going to sit down watch some TV and be pretty active in the game for several hours since your current and previous are taken into account you need to do several 30 minute runs for it to even out.

Good luck with those 1 hour runs a bit later on :D

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

Good luck with those 1 hour runs a bit later on :D

Increase your speed than. I'm currently taking pot shots at bosses in the sky. I can make 200,000 Energy in about 15 minutes.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

NGU: forest pendent: is there any reason to get another one to +100? Can you get 10,000 and make a +100 version of this? Also is looting +1% drop rate?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

something posted:

In ITRTG news i just finished my final NDC! Now I'll use the bonus to gun for a sub 4 minute BH speedrun. 6-8 minutes atm.
4 minute...Black Hole? What kind of stats do you have? :pwn:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
When's a good time for a reset in kitten game? I've got 52ish kittens and am waiting to get some trade ships. Takes ages.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

ilmucche posted:

When's a good time for a reset in kitten game? I've got 52ish kittens and am waiting to get some trade ships. Takes ages.

The dark secret of kittensgame is it will never ever not take ages unless you cheat.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
When playing Kittens, I cheated like a maniac, refilling my inventory as needed, and it still took forever.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
At the very least use one of the autoscripts that build for you when your resources fill their storage.

pelao
Apr 21, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

Unity webplayer saves are in %APPDATA%\Roaming\Unity\WebPlayerPrefs\chat_2ekongregate_2ecom

Unfortunately that location does not exist on my PC. There's no Unity folder under \roaming\ - I think Edge maybe does something different.

I am forever cursed to use Edge for this one game and hope to god that the save doesnt get corrupted.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Anything I should know or make sure I have done before I Ascend for a second time in Realm Grinder? I've got all the secret trophies already.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Sindai posted:

4 minute...Black Hole? What kind of stats do you have? :pwn:

Uh... some pretty big ones. I've been doing it for about 2 years on Kong. There's a few others better than me, depending on your metrics for better. I think I have the most cc of any nonscripter/hacker though.

edit: I may as well just fully brag about numbers on a number going up game:

14M Clones
790 CC
135k BS
80k CS
~280k% bank in total
~ X/5k/7k growth pets * 18 pets

DaveKap posted:

Looks great now! Thank you! Is the 1EXP per boss a nerf or a buff? I recall seeing "got 3 exp for defeating" messages before but not sure if they were consistent, so wondering about that...

The intent is at boss 10 you begin getting the +1 exp. when i trises to +2 and +3 and so on remains the same, but you can at least get +1's sooner, so a bit more exp expenditures sooner.

And as for the drastic chance in blood magic, as i said the point was to make it harder to make but cheaper. Before it would take maybe a couple seconds with just the starting 10k magic, and the cost was so high you'd maybe make 3 at best.

It's only the first ritual that has had such a drastic change.

Also, I could make a setting to give you a warning on rebirth that you haven't used your pit toss, if it's wanted.

pixaal posted:

NGU: forest pendent: is there any reason to get another one to +100? Can you get 10,000 and make a +100 version of this? Also is looting +1% drop rate?

I'm actually gonna make this a running gag yes, and make an ascended ascended pendant and so on. The looting rate should be displayed at the top.

something fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 16, 2017

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I think I might be missing something with progression in NGU at the moment. I'm at 1 undecillion power on rebirth and It's been only doubling at most the past few rebirths. It takes forever to upgrade the time machine so there's not enough gold to go around. I'm able to idle in the forest and I've been upgrading my gear accordingly. Does it just get slow around this point?

edit: woops forgot stats:
140k max energy
3 energy power

Garfu fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 16, 2017

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
You may want to try upgrading adventure to push into caves and get better gear. Or getting upgrades to energy/magic power to improve time machine development. Have you done shorter rebirths that may actually reduce your power on rebirth, but let you grind EXP faster?

something fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 16, 2017

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Garfu posted:

I think I might be missing something with progression in NGU at the moment. I'm at 1 undecillion power on rebirth and It's been only doubling at most the past few rebirths. It takes forever to upgrade the time machine so there's not enough gold to go around. I'm able to idle in the forest and I've been upgrading my gear accordingly. Does it just get slow around this point?

The main thing you are getting is the XP not the power multiplier. If you do a bunch of 1 hour runs you will get XP extremely fast enough to get some power and another 10k max energy. I have it so I can get the time machine to only 15 minutes with 50,000 energy, your first few rebirths if you haven't brought your caps low are going to be rough. The good thing is your caps are going to get low really quickly with 10% being taken off every run (which is every hour).

Undec is e36, I'm at e47 so add 10 0s. It seems very backwards until you do this, and I'm sure something is familure with this strategy from Idle To Rule The Gods

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'm like, the speedrunniest dude on ITRTG. Of course I know :colbert:

Though the EXP curve in NGU is hopefully going to make it so more casual, longer runs can be about as rewarding.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Enigma posted:

To clarify, the ratio I posted is to maximize building output and may be a little more geared for speed runs. It doesn’t have to be followed since clones can be used for lots of non-building tasks too.

262k clones
490% cs
840% bs
3 cc

I’d get a little more cc though if I were you.

Ooops, I cut out the line about how I switched from long P.Baal pushes to speed runs recently, hence the need to unfuck my GP purchases.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
My feedback on NGU:

* Adventure mode is so separate and requires such manual play that it kind of fell by the wayside for me, although it's seriously hampering my gold income. The lowish drop rate and random encounter also means that despite killing a good 20 or so Forest mobs all I've gotten is a new sword (that I had to level up a bunch to even beat my sewer sword).

* I like the REST of the game. It feels a lot like ITRTG with all the weird filed off, which I like a lot.

* As others mentioned, Magic feels super weird and the broken time machine upgrades seem TOTALLY unattainable - I assumed it would HAVE to last through rebirths but I guess it doesn't?

I like the game though.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

How does one unlock Magic in the first place?

Is there any plan to add keyboard commands for the skills in Adventure mode? Clicking all the things to manually get through the Forest is getting old.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I love the pit. You need more random once per run max on a different timer maybe something on a 1d timer would be fun. (in addition to the pit, the pit every hour feels good).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

something posted:

Also, I could make a setting to give you a warning on rebirth that you haven't used your pit toss, if it's wanted.
...why would you not just make it automatic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...why would you not just make it automatic?

Some people may not give a poo poo and just want to get the rebirth through without clicking through 100 " did you remember to do x/y/z" warning dialogues. It'd be on by default though.