Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bellator picked up FKA Jack Swagger. He's a pretty solid wrestler that WWE had zero clue how to book aside from a few brilliant moments.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/930152242790981633

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Man this heavyweight tournament looks loving coooool

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gay Horney posted:

Man this heavyweight tournament looks loving coooool

I''m so happy

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Chael vs heavyweights hahaha

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

Bellator picked up FKA Jack Swagger. He's a pretty solid wrestler that WWE had zero clue how to book aside from a few brilliant moments.

apparently in college he had a 1-2 record in wrestling against noted ghost Cain Velasquez

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, being a great college wrestler, as well as being 6'5" and 275lbs suggest he'll more likely be more of a Brock Lesnar and not another C.M. Punk.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
35 is a bit old to try and develop a whole striking game but as a Bellator heavyweight, he may never need it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

El Roncho posted:

35 is a bit old to try and develop a whole striking game but as a heavyweight, he may never need it.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The top 5 UFC heavyweights are all good strikers. He could probably be top 10 in the UFC, though.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That's cool I really like Swagger for a while there. Hopefully he'll do well.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
People on the reddit web site are really pumped about Bellator's heavyweight tournament that's so lovely half of the entrants aren't heavyweights. Well I guess Rampage is because he constantly misses weight. Since it's Fedor/Mir in the first round every single one of the remaining possible matchups sounds awful.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lol, Rampage said he's not thrilled at the idea of fighting anyone who does a wrestle, especially Chael Sonnen.

Let Rampage bang, Bro(llator)

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Chael is the only guy I can see Rampage beating at this point

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

People on the reddit web site are really pumped about Bellator's heavyweight tournament that's so lovely half of the entrants aren't heavyweights. Well I guess Rampage is because he constantly misses weight. Since it's Fedor/Mir in the first round every single one of the remaining possible matchups sounds awful.

That tournament being so lovely is what makes it great.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I think half the entrants not being heavyweights is a selling point. Most LHWs are just less fat heavyweights and anyone who’s good at LHW would be good at heavyweight. Chael is the only one who doesn’t belong ability wise and I would argue that for other reasons he’s essential to the whole venture

I agree that most of the potential matchups are bad. They should have done a round of 16 with insanely bad fighters like Francis Carmont first

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

coconono posted:

I can see James Thompson being fed to this guy soon as a warm up fight. Be a shame if JT was fit and uninjured and ready for it.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Can you just accept that your man crush is done fighting?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JaySB posted:

Can you just accept that your man crush is done fighting?

James Thompson will gently caress you up for that kinda disrepest.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that heavyweight tournament is gracie / shamrock 2016 several times

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

that’s the best bellator is going to do

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

Royce Gracie posted:

How many ways there is to punch? How many ways there is to kick a ball, because the aerodynamics of the ball change, the shoes are better?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11/14/16646372/interview-royce-gracie-says-jiujitsu-got-really-really-bad-in-the-past-20-years-bjj-mma-ufc

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Look, this heavyweight tournament is going to be one of the funniest things ever. If someone could discreetly shoot King Mo into the sun first, it would be appreciated.

How Chael "Gets Manhandled by Rashad's Size Advantage" Sonnen gets through this will be hysterical.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
planet earth is god drat retarded lol https://www.instagram.com/p/BbfA_AEFI3E/?hl=en&taken-by=mikekogan

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I’m the illusion of devil horns

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Triticum Guzzler posted:

planet earth is god drat retarded lol

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Wowwwwwwwwww

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Tasteful.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
WHEN I get the Fedor bobblehead, this one will keep him company.

Yes, the earth is retarded.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's a better likeness than Bellator's Royce bobblehead at least.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dustin Poirier?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I was gonna say Jacare

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Clearly a young Jason Statham.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
In my heart of hearts, I always knew that Royce was the inspiration for One-Punch Man.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bellator makes no sense at all but if they don't make a Mike Goldberg one they hosed up

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Its great to hear Mike Goldbergs voice but I feel like hes not such a great fit for Bellator.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's a better likeness than Bellator's Royce bobblehead at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
hunky mike chandler is gonna fight sweet jiu jitsu lad goiti yamauchi, per helwani

my world will be torn asunder