Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Dely Apple posted:

TB is bad as hell and sucks!

Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back.

TB is a chore and you don't really get anything extra the more you put into it as an individual. I still do my part because it helps everyone else, but it's half baked.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think an easy fix would be if people who completed the special stuff (ROLO shards, ect) got bonus currency. Seven people finish so everyone gets seven shards. If you are one of the seven you get 25% more so rounds up to 10.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Defiance Industries posted:

I think an easy fix would be if people who completed the special stuff (ROLO shards, ect) got bonus currency. Seven people finish so everyone gets seven shards. If you are one of the seven you get 25% more so rounds up to 10.

Yeah. Removing incentives to get carried would be huge. Doesn’t even need to be huge. Reduce the currency rewards by 20% across the board, and then give a +1% bonus to rewards for each combat/special mission attempted and a bonus 1% each day for deploying all of your GP.. You don’t even need to reward winning at the missions, to keep the win as a team, fail as a team thing - just provide individual incentives that don’t force guild leaders to yell at people to show up.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
If your guildmates aren't all in the position to farm CHan that'd just be a straight nerf of rewards for a lot of people, even in QGJ. We barely can get 18-19 stars (and we just lost Yoleau who was a big contributor), reducing rewards would just incentivize people in "leveling" guilds to bail

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
None of those reward ideas help to make fighting through hundreds of snowtroopers actually fun, though, which is the problem.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

None of those reward ideas help to make fighting through hundreds of snowtroopers actually fun, though, which is the problem.

This too, 6 round battles vs Snow Ops is annoying as hell.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, it’s fighting against, like, 6 different kinds of toons, and 3 of them look the same. It’s boring as hell. And taunts and stealths barely help, because near everyone has an attack that hits everyone at once. So you also lose some of the strategy you’re used to. It’s just slugging away against the same enemies over and over again for nearly a week. It’s just so dull.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

I've always advocated reducing all combat missions by half :)

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
This game isn't fun. I just like to look at all my Star Wars dudes and spin them around. I have a collecting addiction and this game scratches that itch. Welp thats my story.

Also TB sucks. Reduce the fights to 3 rounds and add a mini raid on the end.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

This game isn't fun. I just like to look at all my Star Wars dudes and spin them around. I have a collecting addiction and this game scratches that itch. Welp thats my story.

Brother... they don't even let ME gently caress the hero collection.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

UmOk posted:

Also TB sucks. Reduce the fights to 3 rounds and add a mini raid on the end.

:same:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Crumbletron posted:

If your guildmates aren't all in the position to farm CHan that'd just be a straight nerf of rewards for a lot of people, even in QGJ. We barely can get 18-19 stars (and we just lost Yoleau who was a big contributor), reducing rewards would just incentivize people in "leveling" guilds to bail

No it wouldn’t be a nerf to cold-han less people. Even ignoring any combat mission with a requirement more stringent than ‘rebels’, you’d get to 101% under that rubric.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

No it wouldn’t be a nerf to cold-han less people. Even ignoring any combat mission with a requirement more stringent than ‘rebels’, you’d get to 101% under that rubric.

Sorry, I missed the "each combat mission" part and just saw special missions.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Crumbletron posted:

Sorry, I missed the "each combat mission" part and just saw special missions.

The idea of my dumb spitballed Numbers to leave what should be the minimum “making an effort, but not requiring specific farms or moneyspending” max level player at roughly the same rewards as now, with a little more than now for doing everything, and a modest penalty for freeriding.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I don’t know why the OP guide still lists MT as an important thing to farm. Seems like he’s garbage?

Godspeed to you, RC Cola

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

UmOk posted:

This game isn't fun. I just like to look at all my Star Wars dudes and spin them around.

Pretty much.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Mr. Neutron posted:

Pretty much.

Yeah, i tried the beta with the infinite crystals poo poo and that was even less fun... We're bitching about whales but spending a shitton of crystals is actually completely unrewarding.

Also, the guild vs guild thingy is a convoluted mess :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

im cute posted:

I don’t know why the OP guide still lists MT as an important thing to farm. Seems like he’s garbage?

Godspeed to you, RC Cola

Because you need 5 7* Imps to get 7* R2 and he's one of the easier ones to get?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

It's this.

Ideally you'd want this to line up so you can have Thrawn, EP, TFP, Tarkin, and prolly stormtrooper, but for alot of folks, you probably won't have thrawn/EP when R2's event comes around.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I like my MT for rancor raids. His TM reduction grenade can be clutch in a Zader squad along with Tarkin and Jyn. I don't have CLS so I can't solo it. Outside of this one niche, MT is outclassed by pretty much everyone.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Inimicul posted:

I like my MT for rancor raids. His TM reduction grenade can be clutch in a Zader squad along with Tarkin and Jyn. I don't have CLS so I can't solo it. Outside of this one niche, MT is outclassed by pretty much everyone.

Zader Tarkin Jyn TFP Thrawn should be an autobattle solo.

ASSHAT(S)
Feb 11, 2004

You will do as the Scorpions have before you!

Aleth posted:

I did it with Emp, Vader, RG, TFP, and GMT. All were level 8, with the exception of vader who was 9 and no zetas. It took a few gos until RNG lined up.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Going to look to jump ship from my pubbie guild after this round of TB finished (assume if miss out on rewards otherwise). Any room in QGJ currently? Only level 71 currently but active and hopelessly addicted to this dumb game. Currently finishing my last few PS to seven stars in prep for Thrawn.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Well, gently caress. Since last night, I've been having connection issues - game hangs at update check, and then the one time I got past that, I hung at loading cantina.

I've restarted the device (Kindle Fire w/Play store installed running Android 5.1.1, no issues till yesterday), I've restarted my router. I've deleted cache/data and reinstalled without restarting the device in between, I've done that WITH restarting the device in between. I'm running into no other issues with any other games and none of the advice on the EA forums is any help.

I just want to play with my toons. :sigh:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

KM Scorchio posted:

Going to look to jump ship from my pubbie guild after this round of TB finished (assume if miss out on rewards otherwise). Any room in QGJ currently? Only level 71 currently but active and hopelessly addicted to this dumb game. Currently finishing my last few PS to seven stars in prep for Thrawn.

We appear to have one opening right now. So talk to, uh...I think Booker is running things now? Hop in the discord that's linked in the OP and ask in there.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Zeta chat:

So I have number crunch on R2, and I just put it binds all things on Luke. For my next couple I'm thinking of staying with these two characters because they are getting the most usage at the moment. Which should I do next, Luke's other unique, the one that gives him stat increases when he's not got his buff on, or R2's one that clears debuffs on crit? I rarely have Luke in a leader slot outside of TB (I mostly use him with my resistance squad in arena or in a zader led team in raids) so I'll probably get that one later on down the line, if at all.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I'd slightly favor combat analysis because passive cleansing is cool, but neither is a mistake.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I intend to do both it's just a matter of order. I'm leaning R2 as well only because Luke's benefits Luke, whereas R2's benefits the whole team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

I intend to do both it's just a matter of order. I'm leaning R2 as well only because Luke's benefits Luke, whereas R2's benefits the whole team.

Dis

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Hey guys, it's the ghost of Bola Het.

I've been playing SWBF2 and after spending so much time looking at crystals and such in SWGOH, it makes me wonder if there'll be a change in the industry that'll lead to this game being more affordable.

I know Disney doesn't care too much and they also have a history of "random chance items" like their pin collections at the parks where $15 gets you a random pin that might want, but this looks like it's too much bad press. It seems the best way to take down a giant is to find a catchy label like, "No Child Left Behind" or in this case, "Addicting Children to Gambling".

Right now on my phone I'm playing "Infinity Dungeon" which is infinitely less fun to play, but at least I can put it down after a few minutes unlike SWGOH. Until there's a new Mandalorian wave and then I'll be back to see what they do.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Aadoniel posted:

Hey guys, it's the ghost of Bola Het.

I've been playing SWBF2 and after spending so much time looking at crystals and such in SWGOH, it makes me wonder if there'll be a change in the industry that'll lead to this game being more affordable.

I know Disney doesn't care too much and they also have a history of "random chance items" like their pin collections at the parks where $15 gets you a random pin that might want, but this looks like it's too much bad press. It seems the best way to take down a giant is to find a catchy label like, "No Child Left Behind" or in this case, "Addicting Children to Gambling".

Right now on my phone I'm playing "Infinity Dungeon" which is infinitely less fun to play, but at least I can put it down after a few minutes unlike SWGOH. Until there's a new Mandalorian wave and then I'll be back to see what they do.

The downside is that battlefront 2 is not F2P and somehow having a lame throwaway plot is more offensive than having no plot at all.

Might check out infinity dungeon, though I’ve been kinda enjoying Pocket 3 Kingdoms, an identical game to GoH only with chibi Three Kingdoms toons.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

im cute posted:

The downside is that battlefront 2 is not F2P and somehow having a lame throwaway plot is more offensive than having no plot at all.

I've been enjoying every aspect of BF2 except for the part where I literally get one-shotted about fifteen seconds into every spawn.

Back to campaign mode for me.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Is there gonna be some kind of story mode content update or did they really just give it a total non ending

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Fecha posted:

Is there gonna be some kind of story mode content update or did they really just give it a total non ending

Its DLC.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I was excited about battlefront until I read about the mystery box micro transactions. I hate modern gaming. How do people afford to play anything anymore?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I was excited about battlefront until I read about the mystery box micro transactions. I hate modern gaming. How do people afford to play anything anymore?

Wait until net neutrality goes away and you have to spend 50 extra bucks/month to your ISP just to get the kinds of bandwidth and ping necessary to even play an online game.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Wait until net neutrality goes away and you have to spend 50 extra bucks/month to your ISP just to get the kinds of bandwidth and ping necessary to even play an online game.

gently caress this country. Glad I have a fuckton of physical media entertainment saved up for the inevitable Google buyout of the entire internet

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Are there any functional iOS emulators for Windows? I've googled it, but they all look shady as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

WerrWaaa posted:

Are there any functional iOS emulators for Windows? I've googled it, but they all look shady as hell.

I don't think so, iOS is pretty locked down by apple.