Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

Just never forget that Abu Dhabi's entire schtick is to make it THE place where championships are decided so they dump a fuckload of money to get their preferred spot on the calendar.

Lmao double points anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You can't even drink there what the gently caress is the point of that country?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

You can't even drink there what the gently caress is the point of that country?

You can in hotels!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

How did brazil get it every year then?

It's a gamble that the last race of the season is a championship decider vs. anytime earlier. See: Rosberg, 2016.

RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY: The last time Alonso stood on a podium was in 2014 for Ferrari in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

You can in hotels!

Is that true? Country doesn't seem that bad if that's the case.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Is that true? Country doesn't seem that bad if that's the case.

I drank at a couple private clubs and the hotels I was at.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Dude, just read this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/world/middleeast/dubai-crimes-united-arab-emirates-jail.html

That will eliminate any and all desire to go to that poo poo hole.

quote:

Most cases that ensnare unwary foreigners involve morality offenses. It is against the law to drink without a license, for instance, but foreigners can only get one if they are residents. So any tourist who is drinking is doing so illegally, even in a licensed bar. Couples cannot share a room together if they are not married, even in their homes.

When Emlyn Culverwell, a 29-year-old South African, took his fiancée, Iryna Nohal, a Ukrainian, to a doctor in Dubai, complaining of stomach pain, the diagnosis was pregnancy — and the treatment was a phone call to the police. The couple were arrested and jailed when they could not produce a marriage license.

etc etc

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I didn't have to deal with any of that. But I was there on business and had guides. So ymmv

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY: The last time Alonso stood on a podium was in 2014 for Ferrari in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Can’t wait to see that change at the 2018 Australian GP

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I feel Brazil should be at the beginning of the season.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Japan should be the last race. Both Suzuka and Interlagos are the iconic venues for the final GP of the year IMO.

(Adelaide too, but F1's not returning there any time soon)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love Suzuka. If you are able to visit it in person please go, and sit at the esses or the Spoon Curve.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Human Grand Prix posted:

I love Suzuka. If you are able to visit it in person please go, and sit at the esses or the Spoon Curve.

Oh the prior days of can't pass, then Kobayashi nails it

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
ITT turkey eaters turning their nose up at steak

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

If you don't like bacon, you're wrong, and you can cook that how the gently caress you like

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Just saw that I'm third in the prediction league. :laffo:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Edward Mass posted:

Why don't you post??

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah who are you

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Who’s this fuckin guy?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Edward Mass posted:

:frogout:

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

This thread gets really weird inbetween races.
I have a cast iron pan and I don't really know what to do with it. I put the gas hob on max and let the pan just chill there for a bit and throw a steak on it and everything goes wrong.
When's the next race?

e; i have a teflon pan for like eggs and poo poo

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Also did Button deliberately murder his car on the kerbs last year so he could get pissed quicker?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

andyf posted:

This thread gets really weird inbetween races.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I bought a new computer case with a window and LEDs and poo poo, it's dope as hell. I am an adult.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

1500quidporsche posted:

Why don't you post??

Because I don't watch the races live, and barely follow between-race drama. I didn't even know Kyvat was out at STR until I was watching the USGP.

Norns posted:

Yeah who are you

I changed my name last night - I was once all-Rush mixtape.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I bought a new computer case with a window and LEDs and poo poo, it's dope as hell. I am an adult.

I bought a Phantek Enthoo Pro which does NOT have a window and thus hides all the LEDs that are built into my motherboard and 1080 Ti. Because I am an adult.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I only have a 1070 :( you win at adult

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also rocking a 1070. I get 100+fps on triple screens with everything I play. So im fine.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I don't cause I technically can't afford any of this and put myself in a bit of a doozy impulsively purchasing it lmao .... gently caress

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

wicka posted:

I uh i wrapped bungie cord around my disks so they wouldn't transmit vibrations through the case to the wooden floor.

It's actually working awesome and I'm super happy with this £10 ghetto solution :unsmith:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

andyf posted:

I uh i wrapped bungie cord around my disks so they wouldn't transmit vibrations through the case to the wooden floor.

It's actually working awesome and I'm super happy with this £10 ghetto solution :unsmith:

A heck of a lot smarter than my solution, which was to go entirely solid state.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have a $200 government asset recovery laptop. It's a Lenovo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I have a $200 government asset recovery laptop. It's a Lenovo.

What do you spend money on?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

What do you spend money on?

I've burned alot of money on dumb poo poo like insuring and running 3 30 year old cars at once and live in a condo I absolutely hate which is why I am firmly on the Corolla train now and exercise alot of financial discipline. Also parking downtown here costs a loving lot.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's also worth noting that like two and a half years before that I spent alot of money buying a top of the line Asus laptop that the screen went on and I was pretty pissed about so I wanted to see just how much time I could get out of some lovely bargain basement business laptop.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I have a 1080 but its not ti

My old 970 was more than enough for everything though, only got the 1080 because VR requires so much more.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I only have a 1060 :( gp2 card, gp2

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

*looks at her 670*

Yeah I'm good.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

iospace posted:

*looks at her 670*

Yeah I'm good.

I'm still using my radeon 7950 I got 4 years ago and it runs most things on high just fine v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

I'm still using my radeon 7950 I got 4 years ago and it runs most things on high just fine v:v:v

Computers are boring these days because everything is great and doesn't need to be upgraded forever. No one is making bananas games like Crysis anymore.

• Locked thread